Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Soz!

Grey Hunter posted:

Lets get July rolling!

I, Grey Hunter, Oath the following - Malifaux "The Relic hunters" Box set (seven minis, 28mm, Wyrd Minitures) & (Because they are on my table and I'm to lazy to move them) 50 N scale cars, by some random Chinese manufacturer, which will become scatter terrain for Dropzone Commander (10mm)

Thundercloud posted:

I, Thundercloud, not knowing how busy I will be this month, oath 1 GW Sigmarine (from the front of White Dwarf, in gently caress knows what scale), and 1 GW Belegar Ironhammer (likely to be the last GW dwarf I ever purchase).

drgnvale posted:

I, drgnvale, oath 3 GW 28 mm demon on weird demon machine/animal things.

GW calls that star on a stick a "banner," but I don't think it'll count for the July challenge will it? I'd think you'd need something with at least a little cloth.

The OED says

Oxford English Dictionary posted:

1a. prop. A piece of stout taffeta, or other cloth, attached by one side to the upper part of a long pole or staff, and used as the standard of an emperor, king, lord, or knight, under (or after) which he and his men marched to war, and which served as their rallying-point in battle; hence, that of a country, nation, army, or company.
as well as

Oxford English Dictionary posted:

2a. An ensign or flag bearing some device, borne in a procession, religious, civic, or political, for purposes of symbolism or display. (Sometimes specifically restricted to an ensign other than an ordinary flag, e.g. one extended in a frame, one attached by its upper edge or supported by two staves, so as to remain open.)
plus it's called a banner by the manufacturer of the model, so a banner it is!

OATHS ACCEPTED!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

krushgroove posted:

plus it's called a banner by the manufacturer of the model, so a banner it is!

OATHS ACCEPTED!

Waiting for Knight Models to make a Bruce Banner mini :v:

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I, Electric Hobo, oath for the month of July: 2 Arachyura. For Descent 2. Edition by FFG.

But first! Spring cleaning!
Before:

After:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

NTRabbit posted:

Waiting for Knight Models to make a Bruce Banner mini :v:

Well the OED doesn't take into account pronouns :P

Electric Hobo posted:

I, Electric Hobo, oath for the month of July: 2 Arachyura. For Descent 2. Edition by FFG.

But first! Spring cleaning!

Oath Accepted!

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
I, Uroboros, Oath Chaos Sorcerer Lord Severin Drask from Execution Hour.

Going to be gone for the last two weeks of July, got to keep it small.

Seamoose
May 30, 2015
I, Seamoose, Oath for the month of July, one riphorn satyr from privateer press, twenty-one 15mm skeletons from ral partha (I believe TSR battle systems), and three 40mm bases which hopefully will become circle of orboros flags for the July uber challenge.

It's a good month to see if I can do these things I have wanted to do for a while.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
:siren: Cleaned ma room!
Before:

In progress (dusty as hell):

After!:

Thank you Xena warrior princess!

Oh, for those wanting a bit more info on Aetherium here is the major playmat:

The blue area is a nice mousepad material that represents quantum noise which kind of kills you, so you want to avoid moving through or being knocked into it. Each time you finish activating all your units (you pick 5 units at the start of the game, no points to worry about) you refresh a global resource called RAM. You can use RAM to move and rotate the schema which are the three sizes of tiles sitting in the noise. This is the defining feature of the game, and is pretty freaking cool when you first start moving things around.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I, Lord Aba, oath for July 6 drake hounds, 2 drake spawning points, and 1 silver chevailer for Super Dungeon Explore (28mm? from Soda Pop Minis), and 1 Tinder and 1 Goliath for Aetherium (32mm Anvil eight games)

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
:getin: I Weirdo Oath for July 10 Mantic Ironguard,Tom Bombadil and Goldberry by Games Workshop (both 28mm).

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I Signal Oath this armored dude (Major Slugger?) from Incursion (I think) in 28mm. (that part I know)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I, NTRabbit, oath for July

A Rogues Gallery: Aqissiaq, Bjarn Starnafall, Boomer the Hobgoblin Grenadier, Chovar Psychic, Eddak P'mera, Nem'Rath, Chief Radgrad, Sergeant Howlett, and The Survivor, all Mercs for Deadzone by Mantic (28mm)

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
I, Lord Hypnostache, oath these four orcs and nine gamepieces for Relic Orcs are 28mm GW and Relic pieces are by Fantasy Flight Games.

Immediately after taking the picture I managed to drop all the models and I have no idea where the techmarine piece went. Hopefully I can find it in time.

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING
Why is it whenever I want to spray something it rains every time? Finally got these ready to paint.

I Ugleb hereby oath Ras Al Ghul and the League of Shadows crew set for the Batman Miniatures game, 32mm by Knight Models.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."
I, The Sisko oath that I will paint these 2 Centurions and 5 tactical marines from Game Worskhop (28mm).

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I, moths, oath for July: a squad of 10 Warlord Games Germans, 5 GW vac-form craters, 2 bags of Worldsmith stone walls (one intact, one ruins), and one GW Lord of Slaanesh (riding the boob-snake).

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

:siren: JUNE PRIZE DRAW :siren:

The winner of the SPRINGER-PINSEL brush pack is: PASH!
http://orokos.com/roll/307569

The winner of the TROLL TRADER & TTCOMBAT brush holder is: UROBOROS!
http://orokos.com/roll/307570

And now the GRAB BAG prize!
The winner of the GRAB BAG prize is: DRONE!
http://orokos.com/roll/307571

We have albums going for both the US-based and the UK-based prize pots! So here's who you will contact for your choice of prize:

If you live in North America, you are choosing from Iris of Ether's prize pot - click here to see what's in there!
If you live in Europe, you are choosing from Krushgroove's prize pot - click here to see what's in there!
If you live anywhere else, you may choose from either prize pot.

To CLAIM your prizes, click here and go to the bottom of the first post in the Oath Thread Season 6 thread.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

lovestick posted:

And now the GRAB BAG prize!
The winner of the GRAB BAG prize is: DRONE!
http://orokos.com/roll/307571

Oh man this owns, and on my first-ever Oath too! :kimchi:

Sending Krushgroove an email shortly with my grab bag choice.

Drone fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jul 10, 2015

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Speaking of prizes, there is a gameplay video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du0CjetWXWc

If you are interested:

LordAba posted:

:siren: Extra Prize for July :siren:

There is an Aetherium set up for grabs world wide! This will be for anyone who completed the July Challenge. Aetherium is all about different factions fighting over the internet/matrix.... so flags make an excellent rally points! Want to know more about the game? Ask me here, or check out http://www.anvil-eight.com/
I will pick one person at random at the end of the month. Anyone who goes "above and beyond" will get two entries into the random pool. What is above and beyond? Well, using the flag along with any of the Achievements, making a diorama, anything like that. It's based on my (poor) judgement.

:siren: If you interested I ask you put "Aetherium Flag" in your post along with the completed oath pictures. This will allow me to see who is interested in the game without too much fuss. It will also only be available to those that fully complete the oath for this month!

Germ
May 7, 2013

I, Germ, do hearby oath this PVC pipe for the month of July!

So, the question is, does it meet the July challenge of I paint a full-sized banner pole upon which I will hang a printed standard? The Ordo Fanaticus CLub Challenge, a big Pacific NW wargaming event is happening in a week, and I'm putting together a bad-rear end standard for my gaming club. If it doesn't count for the challenge, no worries - thought I'd check, though!

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

I, Drone, do hearby oath this Dark Angels Space Marine w/ Plasma Cannon for the month of July! (Games Workshop). Busy month coming up and will have literally no free time for the second half of the month, so I'm gonna have to get this guy done this week. Ignore the Ravenwing biker in the background, he's not part of this oath!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Grey Hunter posted:

Lets get July rolling!

I, Grey Hunter, Oath the following - Malifaux "The Relic hunters" Box set (seven minis, 28mm, Wyrd Minitures) & (Because they are on my table and I'm to lazy to move them) 50 N scale cars, by some random Chinese manufacturer, which will become scatter terrain for Dropzone Commander (10mm)

The cars are now properly smashed and glued into wreak piles, so time to get rusting!

Oath Addition!

12 UCM Morter teams (Dropzone Commander, Hawk Wargames, 10mm)

I'm going to invasion, so whenever the specific spray paint i stupidly decided to use for the vehicles turns up, I may well have a load more!

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
For July I oath one Inquisitor and Familiar (28mm, old GW)

Germ
May 7, 2013

OATH COMPLETE!

Thanks a million to Goon signalnoise for the inspiration on the Terrain Megathread. The PVC was scored with a rasp to resemble woodgrain, then rubbed with some burnt umber acrylic, painted in polyshades stain, and rubbed lightly when still damp. Perfect woodgrain effect while still keeping it light, strong, cheap, and plasticky.

The full bannerpole, on it's stand:

Some closeups:

If this is considered a valid oath, I'm going to try and claim speed painting and gaming aid. Speed painting because I painted it quick, and I rolled a 6! because what better gaming accoutrement then a gnarly loving Warhamster banner with which to adorn your gaming club and intimidate your foes at tournaments? I'm also going to try and claim the July Challenge because it's a real-life banner pole. If any of these claims are not legit, please feel free to let me know, and I can grab them later. I recognize it's not a typical oath, but it was goon-inspired and I wanted to share it.

Speed painting proof:

Before:

After:

The banner is actually two printed banners, so that the standard looks the same from either side:

The full deal, in it's epic glory:

Germ fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jul 11, 2015

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

lovestick posted:

:siren: JUNE PRIZE DRAW :siren:

The winner of the SPRINGER-PINSEL brush pack is: PASH!
http://orokos.com/roll/307569

Wooo! I need some bushes this is perfect timing! Email sent!

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Oath complete!

And I just missed the 24-hours :(

What: 1 Dark Angels Space Marine w/ Plasma Cannon

thegodofchuck
May 13, 2006

You'll be godlike
I've always had a serious painting hangup because I'm not very good at it and a perfectionist, so I can't stand seeing what I produce. But it would be really nice to have actually painted miniatures, so I'm going to try and do an oath to force myself to paint something. I couldn't decide what so I finally just grabbed one of my favorite old conversions.

I, thegodofchuck, oath for July, 1 Freebooter Kaptain in (old school) Mega-Armor with a Banner (if I understood the earlier post correctly, it's a banner; if not, then it's a stick with a Jolly Ork!) in 28mm for Warhammer 40K.

Now just to actually make sure it gets painted.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
OATH COMPLETE!
Here's six Ravenwing bikers. I'm pretty happy with how they came out, but I didn't do the challenge this month.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Grey Hunter posted:

Lets get July rolling!

The cars are now properly smashed and glued into wreak piles, so time to get rusting!

Oath Addition!

I'm going to invasion, so whenever the specific spray paint i stupidly decided to use for the vehicles turns up, I may well have a load more!

Another Oath Addition!

3 Katanas, 2 Longbows and an Eagle - all Hawk Wargames' Dropzone Commander, 10mm.

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

LordAba posted:

Speaking of prizes, there is a gameplay video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du0CjetWXWc

If you are interested:

Game looks neat. So we just have to write down "Aetherium Flag" in the post?

I have chosen a model to paint this month, but won't post my oath until next week. Busybusy.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Kerzoro posted:

Game looks neat. So we just have to write down "Aetherium Flag" in the post?

I have chosen a model to paint this month, but won't post my oath until next week. Busybusy.

You just need to complete the oath for this month with the flag challenge and you can win a BRAND NEW TOASTER! I'd buy that for a dollar.
The "Aetherium Flag" tag just helps me find the posts... but I will probably make a list of people before rolling just so I don't miss anyone.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Leaving for Summer Training, won't touch a brush until August.

I'll leave this here.

Oath Complete!

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
I enjoy the muted quality to the colors. It looks unreal. Which is good for a dude who's warping real hard.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I oath 1 Warboss on a chariot GW 28mm:

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

Raphus C posted:

Wanna paint that model.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Oath Complete!

Claiming the Jurunl for the Pride Flag on the Zombie.

Germ
May 7, 2013

Germ posted:

So, the question is, does it meet the July challenge of I paint a full-sized banner pole upon which I will hang a printed standard? The Ordo Fanaticus CLub Challenge, a big Pacific NW wargaming event is happening in a week, and I'm putting together a bad-rear end standard for my gaming club. If it doesn't count for the challenge, no worries - thought I'd check, though!

OATH ADDITION!!!

I'd like to add these 4 Chaos Summoning circles (made by yours truly) to my oath. They're objective markers that are designed to hold shot glasses, and I need them for a team Fantasy tournament I'm going to this weekend.

Germ
May 7, 2013

OATH COMPLETE! (again)

And, it turns out that it doesn't take long to dry-brush some grey and white! I'm claiming "I rolled a Six" for these alcohol-holding objective markers.

Germ posted:

OATH COMPLETE!

Thanks a million to Goon signalnoise for the inspiration on the Terrain Megathread. The PVC was scored with a rasp to resemble woodgrain, then rubbed with some burnt umber acrylic, painted in polyshades stain, and rubbed lightly when still damp. Perfect woodgrain effect while still keeping it light, strong, cheap, and plasticky.

The full bannerpole, on it's stand:

Some closeups:

If this is considered a valid oath, I'm going to try and claim speed painting and gaming aid. Speed painting because I painted it quick, and I rolled a 6! because what better gaming accoutrement then a gnarly loving Warhamster banner with which to adorn your gaming club and intimidate your foes at tournaments? I'm also going to try and claim the July Challenge because it's a real-life banner pole. If any of these claims are not legit, please feel free to let me know, and I can grab them later. I recognize it's not a typical oath, but it was goon-inspired and I wanted to share it.

Speed painting proof:

Before:

After:

The banner is actually two printed banners, so that the standard looks the same from either side:

The full deal, in it's epic glory:

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine

Pash posted:

Oath Complete!

Claiming the Jurunl for the Pride Flag on the Zombie.

This is great and I wonder how many invariably terrible comments it would elicit from some true grognards.

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Oath Additions!

I spent a whole day at a friends house painting, and got a few more models started. Oath photos were taken just before starting each new set of models. Most of them are basecoated entirely in purple, as that's the core colour of my mercenaries.

First, Von Schill and Freikorps Librarian

Then a Freikorps Trapper and a Freikorpsman

And finally Angelica, Magician's Assistant

all from Malifaux.

Schmetterling posted:

I, Schmetterling, hereby Oath for the month of July three (3) Malifaux Rail Workers

That Aetherium stuff looks cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Sorry folks, I was out of town last week with spotty internet access and have been catching up on stuff since I returned early this week.

Everyone's OK and for you new folks you may notice that a couple of the Oaths that were made while I was away were actually completed before I could approve them - this is totally fine and encouraged! Usually I'm able to check in every day or two so as long as you've done your Oath picture and timestamp OK you can just get started painting and if there's any issues with your Oath I'll reply to you in the thread to straighten things out and we can all move along.

And just so everyone knows I will be out of town from next Wednesday until the end of the month. I should be able to log in during the evenings and I'll try to keep up with things. I'll get the June photo album online today for everyone to check through, and send it to the judges on Sunday. I've gotten everyone's emails RE June prizes and will start sorting you guys out after I get back, I'm still finishing up the last of the Season 5 grand prizes.

So now that we're caught up, let's look at those Oaths!

Uroboros posted:

I, Uroboros, Oath Chaos Sorcerer Lord Severin Drask from Execution Hour.

Going to be gone for the last two weeks of July, got to keep it small.

Seamoose posted:

I, Seamoose, Oath for the month of July, one riphorn satyr from privateer press, twenty-one 15mm skeletons from ral partha (I believe TSR battle systems), and three 40mm bases which hopefully will become circle of orboros flags for the July uber challenge.

It's a good month to see if I can do these things I have wanted to do for a while.

LordAba posted:

I, Lord Aba, oath for July 6 drake hounds, 2 drake spawning points, and 1 silver chevailer for Super Dungeon Explore (28mm? from Soda Pop Minis), and 1 Tinder and 1 Goliath for Aetherium (32mm Anvil eight games)

Weirdo posted:

:getin: I Weirdo Oath for July 10 Mantic Ironguard,Tom Bombadil and Goldberry by Games Workshop (both 28mm).

Signal posted:

I Signal Oath this armored dude (Major Slugger?) from Incursion (I think) in 28mm. (that part I know)

NTRabbit posted:

I, NTRabbit, oath for July

A Rogues Gallery: Aqissiaq, Bjarn Starnafall, Boomer the Hobgoblin Grenadier, Chovar Psychic, Eddak P'mera, Nem'Rath, Chief Radgrad, Sergeant Howlett, and The Survivor, all Mercs for Deadzone by Mantic (28mm)

Ugleb posted:

Why is it whenever I want to spray something it rains every time? Finally got these ready to paint.

I Ugleb hereby oath Ras Al Ghul and the League of Shadows crew set for the Batman Miniatures game, 32mm by Knight Models.

Lord Hypnostache posted:

I, Lord Hypnostache, oath these four orcs and nine gamepieces for Relic Orcs are 28mm GW and Relic pieces are by Fantasy Flight Games.

Immediately after taking the picture I managed to drop all the models and I have no idea where the techmarine piece went. Hopefully I can find it in time.

The Sisko posted:

I, The Sisko oath that I will paint these 2 Centurions and 5 tactical marines from Game Worskhop (28mm).

moths posted:

I, moths, oath for July: a squad of 10 Warlord Games Germans, 5 GW vac-form craters, 2 bags of Worldsmith stone walls (one intact, one ruins), and one GW Lord of Slaanesh (riding the boob-snake).

Germ posted:

Drone posted:

I, Drone, do hearby oath this Dark Angels Space Marine w/ Plasma Cannon for the month of July! (Games Workshop). Busy month coming up and will have literally no free time for the second half of the month, so I'm gonna have to get this guy done this week. Ignore the Ravenwing biker in the background, he's not part of this oath!

Grey Hunter posted:

Oath Addition!

Galaspar posted:

For July I oath one Inquisitor and Familiar (28mm, old GW)

Drone posted:

Oath complete!

And I just missed the 24-hours :(

What: 1 Dark Angels Space Marine w/ Plasma Cannon

thegodofchuck posted:

I've always had a serious painting hangup because I'm not very good at it and a perfectionist, so I can't stand seeing what I produce. But it would be really nice to have actually painted miniatures, so I'm going to try and do an oath to force myself to paint something. I couldn't decide what so I finally just grabbed one of my favorite old conversions.

I, thegodofchuck, oath for July, 1 Freebooter Kaptain in (old school) Mega-Armor with a Banner (if I understood the earlier post correctly, it's a banner; if not, then it's a stick with a Jolly Ork!) in 28mm for Warhammer 40K.

Now just to actually make sure it gets painted.

Grey Hunter posted:

Another Oath Addition!

3 Katanas, 2 Longbows and an Eagle - all Hawk Wargames' Dropzone Commander, 10mm.

Raphus C posted:

Germ posted:

OATH ADDITION!!!

I'd like to add these 4 Chaos Summoning circles (made by yours truly) to my oath. They're objective markers that are designed to hold shot glasses, and I need them for a team Fantasy tournament I'm going to this weekend.

Schmetterling posted:

Oath Additions!

I spent a whole day at a friends house painting, and got a few more models started. Oath photos were taken just before starting each new set of models. Most of them are basecoated entirely in purple, as that's the core colour of my mercenaries.

First, Von Schill and Freikorps Librarian

Then a Freikorps Trapper and a Freikorpsman

And finally Angelica, Magician's Assistant

all from Malifaux.
OATHS ACCEPTED!

LordAba posted:

:siren: Cleaned ma room!
Before:

In progress (dusty as hell):

After!:

Thank you Xena warrior princess!

You're all good!