Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Hey, remember Jared, the former hambeast who Subway still throws into an occasional ad?

http://www.businessinsider.com/fbi-raids-home-of-subway-diet-spokesman-jared-fogle-2015-7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Guy's been wanting to put six inches in kids' mouths for almost two decades now, why is this suddenly a problem

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Phanatic posted:

Hey, remember Jared, the former hambeast who Subway still throws into an occasional ad?

http://www.businessinsider.com/fbi-raids-home-of-subway-diet-spokesman-jared-fogle-2015-7
:siren:NOW WATCH: 8 fast food hacks that will change the way you order:siren:
Is not showing kids your footlong one of those hacks?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Ignimbrite posted:

*angsty, BDSM, "I'LL SWALLOW YOUR SOUL space elves with a torture theme

Which only ever came into existence because it became fashionable to take the models of the honorable, nice, if weird and unpredictable space elves and decorate them like evil mean space elves. Dark Eldar were my favorite race but I just couldn't help but cringe because they were literally fan fiction that became canon.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Guy's been wanting to put six inches in kids' mouths for almost two decades now, why is this suddenly a problem

God drat

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
http://www.buzzfeed.com/stephaniemcneal/paula-deen-brownface?bffb&utm_term=4ldqpgp#.lnGMpObNz

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
How the hell can you be old enough to remember when I Love Lucy was airing for the first time and still get the quote wrong? It's "you got some explaining to do" not "a lot of explaining" iirc from being 5 at my grandma's.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Countdown to someone defending the brownface?

Also what's discount Archie Bunker doing there?

corillon
Jun 18, 2004

When you giggle you leak piss.
Grimey Drawer

mind the walrus posted:

Countdown to someone defending the brownface?

Were this a first offense I might have some defense. There are a million ways to do I Love Lucy cosplay that don't require black face or Brown face

Edit to be clear, I mean a defense of ignorance could possibly be raised. However, she is a public figure with people around her who should know better at this point. I did not mean defend as in it was ok.

corillon has a new favorite as of 22:22 on Jul 7, 2015

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

mind the walrus posted:

It doesn't exactly answer your question, but I believe that's Gordon Elliott.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

corillon posted:

Were this a first offense I might have some defense. There are a million ways to do I Love Lucy cosplay that don't require black face or Brown face

Edit to be clear, I mean a defense of ignorance could possibly be raised. However, she is a public figure with people around her who should know better at this point. I did not mean defend as in it was ok.

:ssh: She doesn't give a poo poo. Horrible racists seldom care what others think of their behavior.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Karma Monkey posted:

:ssh: She doesn't give a poo poo. Horrible racists seldom care what others think of their behavior.

Too bad she never went through with her "Southern Plantation Style" wedding with tapdancing negro waiters

thewireguy
Jul 2, 2013
I really want to shut up about that dumb game, but are there no internet pdf's out there? It has been 20+ years since I have bought d&d but I could see it getting out of control. From the players or manufacturers? It is already expensive enough.

thewireguy
Jul 2, 2013
Is it just me, or does Jared look like aatrek?

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

thewireguy posted:

Is it just me, or does Jared look like aatrek?

Jonny 290 posted:

hi id like to place an order :phone: :phoneline: :phoneb: coming right up sir

thewireguy
Jul 2, 2013
I just threw up in my mouth.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

thewireguy posted:

Yeah Subway's pretty gross.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

thewireguy posted:

I know, right? How loving hard is it to line up the phone smilies properly? Those cost somebody ninety bucks all told!

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

ToxicSlurpee posted:

They tend to go after poor, desperate people clinging for something - anything at all - that will help them be less poor and desperate. That or bored stay at home moms that want some extra cash. There are people that just want so, so bad to get out of their situation that they'll grasp at the slimmest hope. Which is why MLM is scummy as hell. They know they're scamming people that probably can't afford to be scammed. They also tend to target people that just flat out aren't that bright.

As one of the aforementioned poor, desperate people who spent many recent months using Craigslist while job-hunting without a car, CL is chock-a-block full of MLM scams. 99% I could recognize right off the bat, but I feel bad for other, less savvy people in this poo poo economy (I live in a city second only to Detroit in unemployment rates) who fall for them, when a simple Google search would tip them off. :smith:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

For all the poo poo that 'The Man' is tracking now adays, I hope they track every time I mute my internet radio so they know to stop running those loving 1-800-Kars4Kids ads.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Karma Monkey posted:

Paula Deen seems like the sort of "innocent" who-me racist that would defend the decision by talking about how Desi wasn't white and she was just trying to accurately capture his image, seemingly unaware that blackface is never excusable. The same sort of racist my grandmother from a generation prior was, using Porch-Monkey in casual conversation, unaware somehow that it was a terrible thing to say because "we always used that word." Then we'd all get mad at her.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Choco1980 posted:

Paula Deen seems like the sort of "innocent" who-me racist that would defend the decision by talking about how Desi wasn't white and she was just trying to accurately capture his image, seemingly unaware that blackface is never excusable. The same sort of racist my grandmother from a generation prior was, using Porch-Monkey in casual conversation, unaware somehow that it was a terrible thing to say because "we always used that word." Then we'd all get mad at her.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWdVwt2deY4

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

thewireguy posted:

I really want to shut up about that dumb game, but are there no internet pdf's out there? It has been 20+ years since I have bought d&d but I could see it getting out of control. From the players or manufacturers? It is already expensive enough.

PDFs? Yeah, they exist. Of course, like regular game manuals, they're expensive as well. There are fan revisions available as well as fanmade extensions. I know someone made a superhero expansion for the White Wolf system.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Print shop turned to Twitter to show off its goods, but they probably could've picked a better example:

https://twitter.com/AllStateBanners/status/587744368334876673

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Grey Fox posted:

Print shop turned to Twitter to show off its goods, but they probably could've picked a better example:

Priceless. Twitter account has lots of posts and has been around since 2010 so seems legit.

thewireguy
Jul 2, 2013

Grey Fox posted:

I work at a sign shop and if someone paid me money, I would make them a Hitler did nothing wrong banner.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

thewireguy posted:

I work at a sign shop and if someone paid me money, I would make them a Hitler did nothing wrong banner.

Yea but would you use that example as your advertising on Twitter? :raise:

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Only if I was making it for Mountain Dew.

thewireguy
Jul 2, 2013

Karma Monkey posted:

Yea but would you use that example as your advertising on Twitter? :raise:

Hell no.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

thewireguy posted:

I worked at a sign shop and I refused to work on the Holocaust denial banner that our city's nationally-famous white supremacist blogger commissioned from us. My fundamentalist Christian coworkers did it and I later lost my job, but I have no regrets

thewireguy
Jul 2, 2013

InediblePenguin posted:

I worked at a sign shop and I refused to work on the Holocaust denial banner that our city's nationally-famous white supremacist blogger commissioned from us. My fundamentalist Christian coworkers did it and I later lost my job, but I have no regrets

Morals are pretty expensive these days. Check Amazon.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

thewireguy posted:

Morals are pretty expensive these days. Check Amazon.

what was cool was the fundamentalist Christian coworkers assumed my refusal must be a sign that I'm Jewish and proceeded to be really antisemitic really loudly any time my shift overlapped with theirs for the rest of the time I worked there

thewireguy
Jul 2, 2013

InediblePenguin posted:

what was cool was the fundamentalist Christian coworkers assumed my refusal must be a sign that I'm Jewish and proceeded to be really antisemitic really loudly any time my shift overlapped with theirs for the rest of the time I worked there

gently caress overtime. I would rather sleep in the next time. It sounds like you work with assholes. I do to, my family. I am probably the rear end in a top hat...

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
If I owned a sign shop, I'd post prices like this:

Signs: x dollars
Signs the owner finds offensive: 4x dollars.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

That's why you use the time-honored practice of bidding. If it's something you don't feel like doing, bid it at a price point where they'll either say no, or the extra money will make it worth your time and/or suppression of your moral outrage.

If a guy wants a big swastika, bid 4x your normal rate and then donate half to a Jewish charity.

thewireguy
Jul 2, 2013

kizudarake posted:

If I owned a sign shop, I'd post prices like this:

Signs: x dollars
Signs the owner finds offensive: 4x dollars.

You can kinda do that. You kinda have to judge how much money this person is willing to spend and then punch it into the computer and there is a +/-% button that you can secretly press. If someone is being an rear end, or you can tell will be super picky and reject anything you make for the smallest flaw, just Jack up the price until they go bother someone else.

thewireguy
Jul 2, 2013
Christ, I just got myself worked up about rear end in a top hat customers and deleted it. Is there a thread for this?

RichardA
Sep 1, 2006
Dinosaur Gum

thewireguy posted:

Christ, I just got myself worked up about rear end in a top hat customers and deleted it. Is there a thread for this?

Reasons I No Longer Desire to Work in Retail v3.1

thewireguy
Jul 2, 2013

Thanks, bookmarked. There is a reason I stay in the back of the house. I will call you out on your stupidity. And approving proofs and complaining about your typos! I will rant somewhere else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thewireguy
Jul 2, 2013

walrusman posted:

That's why you use the time-honored practice of bidding. If it's something you don't feel like doing, bid it at a price point where they'll either say no, or the extra money will make it worth your time and/or suppression of your moral outrage.

If a guy wants a big swastika, bid 4x your normal rate and then donate half to a Jewish charity.

Yes, this, or buy a pizza.