Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

How many biggest Jesuses are already in the competition?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Giant Will Wright statute.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Rincewinds posted:

You are missing a enormous Jesus on that hill top.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
barring that, The Motherland Calls would also be acceptable

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Its hard playing this with all the mods I relied on being outdated by the update :smith:

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Is there an easy way to unsubscribe to all mods?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

LumberingTroll posted:

Is there an easy way to unsubscribe to all mods?
See the latest patch
"Added "unsubscribe all" button in the Steam Workshop category in Content Manager"

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Thanks, didnt see that one. I have a mod that is causing the game to lock up, not sure which it is.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Avocados posted:

Its hard playing this with all the mods I relied on being outdated by the update :smith:

Everything is fine for me except Traffic++ and I can't be arsed to play without it.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Playing a second city after learning what you can from the first is an experience.

In barely more than the starting area (one High School JUST overlaps where the dotted line used to be, and I have 6 incinerators down the southern highway a bit) I have 29,000 cims and rising - over a third of the population I had in my previous, fully-unlocked map.

Has anyone tried to see how many cims they can cram just into the starting tile?

Friction
Aug 15, 2001

Breetai posted:

Has anyone tried to see how many cims they can cram just into the starting tile?

Yeah (not my city)

Curvature of Earth
Sep 9, 2011

Projected cost of
invading Canada:
$900

Breetai posted:

I've managed to hit 65,000 on just the starting tile.

Westminster System
Jul 4, 2009

The UK Terrace Theme makes me happy :britain:

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Has anyone remade the maps from SC13? I think it'd be funny/interesting to see how they play in Skylines. Though I only really know the map from the demo/beta thing.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I hope that somebody makes a nice "pine with snow" tree at some point. The terrain texture mod with snow just doesn't really click with me when none of the trees have snow on their branches.

It just looks weird.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
Looks like "March" but I could understand going for a more "January" aesthetic.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

zedprime posted:

Looks like "May in Minnesota"

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

My plan was to have the mountainous half of the map be snow covered and the other half look warmer, but I think I'm just going to make the mountain peeks snow capped and call it good.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
Anybody have an issue with... either Some Roads, Fine Road Height, or Precision Engineering where you are unable to make smooth bridges? It seems like I'm unable to make a simple road across a river, without said road being built underwater.What gives? Anybody experiencing something similar? It may be recent patch related...Do I need to manually update my mods?

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Blimpkin posted:

Anybody have an issue with... either Some Roads, Fine Road Height, or Precision Engineering where you are unable to make smooth bridges? It seems like I'm unable to make a simple road across a river, without said road being built underwater.What gives? Anybody experiencing something similar? It may be recent patch related...Do I need to manually update my mods?

It's Fine Road Heights, and you can press L to turn it off so you can build bridges, and then again to turn it back on once you're done.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

Bogan Krkic posted:

It's Fine Road Heights, and you can press L to turn it off so you can build bridges, and then again to turn it back on once you're done.

Bogan Krkic posted:

Oh awesome thank you!

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I killed so many cims in an attempt to make a poop powered dam. Those who weren't flooded away got fatally ill. The worst part was that so many died there was a noticable drop in poop water (dam energy), so I had to put my coal pants back. I love this game and its brutal reminders of unintended consequences.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Breetai posted:

So I had an idea for an arterial highway system:

Twin highways running in parallel. All traffic ON to the highway system goes to the underground highway, whereas all coming OFF comes from the above ground. Cars can transition from the underground to the above ground, and will hopefully only do so when their turnoff is coming up next. Shown is an example of a linkage to a hypothetical R/C/I zone to the right. I know the offramps are sharp and ugly, I just wanted to do a quick mockup. The highway directions may be a bit wonky too, but you get the gist.

Hopeful result? Minimised congestion due to offramp turning.

Whadda y'all think?

Sorry for naggin', but does anyone have any insight/has used this before and can tell me whether it's a worthwhile idea?

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?
Wouldn't it effectively be just adding more lanes, with more complicated lane change processes? More Lanes isn't normally that big of a problem solver.

Best bet is to try it out yourself. The idea is certainly novel.

Tindahbawx
Oct 14, 2011

Edit: I should really read a thread before replying.

----

On a different note, does anyone else have a bit of an issue with going onto Steam Workshop every time they fire up the game and grabbing a few more buildings? I think I'm sitting around 2GB of Cities Skylines mods at this point, the game takes an age to load a map.

Also does an SSD offer much in the way of performance gains for this game? I've been holding off on buying one for a long time now, partly because I couldn't really justify it having been kept busy with work for a long time, partly because I've been mostly playing CK2 which wouldn't require it, but I'm assuming with my ballooning mod folder, it might be time to look into it.

Finally is there any way to identify which mod a .crp belongs to just from its folder location in Steams workshop content folders? You get some like this:

In which the .crp file name doesn't seem to relate to anything I've subbed to. Is there any way if me finding out which mod that belongs to and seeing if I really cant do without it?

Tindahbawx fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Jul 8, 2015

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Tindahbawx posted:

Finally is there any way to identify which mod a .crp belongs to just from its folder location in Steams workshop content folders? You get some like this:

In which the .crp file name doesn't seem to relate to anything I've subbed to. Is there any way if me finding out which mod that belongs to and seeing if I really cant do without it?

.crp files are in folders named for the workshop ID number for their respective mod. So the .crp in folder 1353426 corresponds to the workshop mod with the ID 1353426. Since workshop URLs are determined by the ID you can simply plug them in and go to their page.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=

turn off the TV fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Jul 8, 2015

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Breetai posted:

Sorry for naggin', but does anyone have any insight/has used this before and can tell me whether it's a worthwhile idea?
I can't make out if you're using right or left handed traffic.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Poil posted:

I can't make out if you're using right or left handed traffic.

Left-bottom aboveground offramp is facing the wrong way, I just realised. Right-hand drive.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
What's the harm in trying? Unless you're trying to simulate the bureaucratic part of city building by petitioning the thread first.

Conformationally it sounds like a local/express system which I think work fine in the game in general and has worked for me specifically in frontage road systems which are different but similar to your proposal.

Tindahbawx
Oct 14, 2011

Fish Fry Andy posted:

.crp files are in folders named for the workshop ID number for their respective mod. So the .crp in folder 1353426 corresponds to the workshop mod with the ID 1353426. Since workshop URLs are determined by the ID you can simply plug them in and go to their page.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=

Thanks, I'll get rid of some of these more bloaty assets then.

On a separate issue, what Traffic mods are considered essential these days? I hear Traffic++ is supposed to help alleviate the "all in one lane" mentality Cims have, but reading their Workshop section it seems its causing large FPS drops?

-----

Seems this fella has a long time between updates:

:v:

Tindahbawx fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jul 8, 2015

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Traffic ++ is rad as heck and a really powerful tool but has been buggy as heck since it's inception and continues to be, with new and exciting bugs each time they or CO release a new version of anything. I still use it because the features it adds are really good, but if you're not willing to have it gently caress your save game up, I'd steer clear?

Westminster System
Jul 4, 2009

Respect my (Port) Authority.

Even if it is badly designed.

P.S. Mod Makers please don't make more pieces for harbours or air ports or dear god sea walls or something or I'm never going to be able to quit this game.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Don't know why, but this aerial photo of LA reminds me a lot of Skylines: http://abcnews.go.com/US/photos/america--29226606/image-aerial-photographer-turns-landscapes-art-29226786

psivamp
Sep 6, 2011

I am expert in shadowy field of many things.
I bought this game on the Steam Summer Sale and regretted it enough to get a refund.

I guess I don't like city builder/simulators anymore.

Edit:

That's pretty cool. I like the spiral in the center park thing. Because everyone likes spirals.

Subyng
May 4, 2013

Bogan Krkic posted:

Traffic ++ is rad as heck and a really powerful tool but has been buggy as heck since it's inception and continues to be, with new and exciting bugs each time they or CO release a new version of anything. I still use it because the features it adds are really good, but if you're not willing to have it gently caress your save game up, I'd steer clear?

Traffic++ is good and not buggy now, so you should get it. The latest update pretty much broke everything. It's fixed for the latest update now but Traffic Manager (a recommended companion mod by a different author) hasn't been updated yet.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Subyng posted:

Traffic++ is good and not buggy now, so you should get it. The latest update pretty much broke everything. It's fixed for the latest update now but Traffic Manager (a recommended companion mod by a different author) hasn't been updated yet.

It's still incredibly performance intensive, though.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

psivamp posted:

That's pretty cool. I like the spiral in the center park thing. Because everyone likes spirals.
https://www.google.com/maps/@41.8395029,-88.2700652,118m/data=!3m1!1e3

:colbert:

Tindahbawx
Oct 14, 2011

Westminster System posted:

P.S. Mod Makers please don't make more pieces for harbours or air ports or dear god sea walls or something or I'm never going to be able to quit this game.

I've got bad news...

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=425073656

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Anybody have any idea what's causing this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinigre
Feb 18, 2011

Prepare your bladder for imminent release!

mr sad posted:

Anybody have any idea what's causing this?

Last time something like that happened to me, I was playing Euro Truck Simulator 2. It was a combination using a mod and running the game in OpenGL mode.

So my question to you is, are you running this on Windows, and are you running any mods?