Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

alcharagia posted:

completely unironically

You are actually wrong because these same episodes have Chazz getting hosed in the rear end and he is the best character

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The latter half of the Society of Light sucked too and is exactly what VJeff is talking about where the fight relocates away from the Academy and they spend like 30 more episodes fighting these Monarch losers and Takuma's lovely sister.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Beef Chief posted:

The latter half of the Society of Light sucked too and is exactly what VJeff is talking about where the fight relocates away from the Academy and they spend like 30 more episodes fighting these Monarch losers and Takuma's lovely sister.

That, for sure, that whole stupid excursion into Domino City, (which actually came from a busted up first draft of what eventually become Bonds Beyond Time, I guess?), but also just the general sense of everybody loving around and letting Saiou slowly brainwash the school, until the Genex Tournament starts, and then they're STILL loving around for like 15 more episodes before Edo FINALLY gets Bloo-D and sets the ending in motion.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

VJeff posted:

Unless you're a fan of Jack or Aki or literally anybody besides Yusei, who had become boring as gently caress by that point, or Kiryu, who shoulda stayed dead.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The guns being duel disks was super funny too.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Every random idiot in GX is the best and filler episodes rule in GX, including all the random lunatics in the Society arc. Also Sartorius is the best villain in GX and makes the best faces. The VR fight was cool because Cyrus turned into a lovely jalopy which accurately depicts his lovely character. Season 3 sucked. Also, Season 2 had the most Hassleberry, who loving rules.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Crash Town was cool as h*ck and Season 3 of 5D's was good because it had the most of Jack Atlas being a complete and utter lunatic. Actual plots of Yugioh have never been good so the more the cool characters get to hang out and be lunatics the better in my book. I have never liked Akiza

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Hassleberry is one of the good parts of Society of Light. Like half of that arc is really terrible and half of it is really good, I just wish the terrible stuff wasn't as bad as some of the second half 5Ds stuff.

alcharagia posted:

Crash Town was cool as h*ck and Season 3 of 5D's was good because it had the most of Jack Atlas being a complete and utter lunatic. Actual plots of Yugioh have never been good so the more the cool characters get to hang out and be lunatics the better in my book. I have never liked Akiza

There are like 5 Jack centric episodes in that entire mess and while they're all good, there's too much boring Crow and Yusei bullshit to make up for it, not to mention the first showing of the boring main villains, and Crash Town is like half of a good arc, but gets really boring quickly.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Beef Chief posted:

There are like 5 Jack centric episodes in that entire mess

exactly, the most any season has of jack atlas being a lunatic

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Season 1 is filled with that poo poo and so is the manga, you do not need Season 3 for Jack Atlas and you're about get more in Arc V. Stop making GBS threads up the thread with your dumb arguments, because this is like inverse Slur arguments here.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
i'm not watching arc v because meh

Beef Chief posted:

Stop making GBS threads up the thread with your dumb arguments, because this is like inverse Slur arguments here.

beefus chiefus i thought we were friends

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
actually i'm not watching arc v because i'm waiting for the dub. that is the actual reason

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Beef Chief posted:

Those episodes ruled because they had Grandpa Muto going senile.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

This was part 1 Yusei, who was the best.

Whose birthday it apparently was yesterday!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
happy birthday part 1 yusei

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Beef Chief posted:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The only good episode of any yugioh is the one that starts with jaden jumping off anexploding building, picks up an evil drug card and drunk drives to the docks where johan tries to calm him down while hassleberry relives his past dino life as he duels some dick running DAD.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Beef Chief posted:

Part 2 Yusei doesn't have a birthday. He congealed out a bunch of rejected nakama speeches. :colbert:

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

The only good episode of any yugioh is the one that starts with jaden jumping off anexploding building, picks up an evil drug card and drunk drives to the docks where johan tries to calm him down while hassleberry relives his past dino life as he duels some dick running DAD.

He literally deserved it.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Hey guys, ARG is introducing their own banlist for their events!

http://articles.alterealitygames.com/announcing-the-arg-format/

:v:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

http://www.hitbox.tv/SlurYgo

Slur is going to stream a really stupid deck I sent him!

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Dexie posted:

http://www.hitbox.tv/SlurYgo

Slur is going to stream a really stupid deck I sent him!

Nekopara

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Slur posted:

Nekopara

I DON'T EVEN LIKE CATGIRLS. :argh:

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Dexie posted:

I DON'T EVEN LIKE CATGIRLS. :argh:

Please stop lying to the thread.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

A damp mess. Perfect.

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?
I'm beyond excited about the next Arc V episode :allears: I know I'm being silly about this but to me this is like I'm a little kid and his favorite wrestler is returning to the WWE. I'm so unreasonably happy that this is actually happening.

EDIT: Also, finished catching up on Arc-V in general. Thanks to whoever said it was the best Yugioh series up to now, I actually agree with that. I'm enjoying it a lot!

Hopeford fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jul 10, 2015

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Yeah, I agree. Before going to synchro all I recalled of 5D's is the utter mutilation that was the third season and how things were already going to hell quality wise as soon as Aki joined the good guys, then we get there and oh yeah, the setting is great, Crow is a really cool dude when not shoved as a main magical character, the themes it had were awesome and Jack doing the pointing thing is loving hype as hell.

By the way, tomorrow (or today for some) at 2PM Pacific there's a Yugioh panel at comic con with Takahashi himself, and a trailer for the new movie will be shown there.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

What's Dexie doing in YGO today?

:getin:

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

Dexie posted:

What's Dexie doing in YGO today?

:getin:

Those aren't nekogal #1 and nekogal #2

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Oh hey what do we have here?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

VJeff posted:

What the gently caress.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

VJeff posted:

Is giving executive production duties to a manga artist really a thing that happens?

mistressminako
Aug 4, 2007

Beware the man in the wheelchair lurking off-screen.

Highlights:

- Takahashi has a direct hand in the script and is the executive producer of the movie.
- Movie is set six months after the end of the DM manga. It is intended to wrap up points from the manga, not the anime.
- Movie will focus heavily on Kaiba.
- New character shown to the left and above is the villain of the movie.
- Spring 2016 domestic/Fall 2016 international releases

mistressminako fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jul 11, 2015

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

No Joey on the poster. This sucks.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Strange Quark posted:

Is giving executive production duties to a manga artist really a thing that happens?

It's how we got Battle of the Gods and Revival of Freeza.

Takahashi's art looks so freaking slick, can't wait for the trailer to go up.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

SyntheticPolygon posted:

No Joey on the poster. This sucks.

No Bakura either :smith:

mistressminako
Aug 4, 2007

Beware the man in the wheelchair lurking off-screen.

Pyrotoad posted:

No Bakura either :smith:
Bakura was definitely in the trailer, not sure about Jounouchi (I'm getting info from friends at the panel/signing).

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen

mistressminako posted:

Bakura was definitely in the trailer, not sure about Jounouchi (I'm getting info from friends at the panel/signing).

He was? :neckbeard:

There's surely no way they'd leave Jou out though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

They showed new sketches for Jou and Anzu, they mentioned that Jou's hair has less lines so it's easier to animate.