Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Chris Christie posted:

Hello friends!!!

Checking back in since we're starting to get in the swing of things.

Donald Trump is literally my #1 choice for the 2016 South Carolina GOP Presidential Primary Vote by default right now by virtue of not being as worthless as or as much of a piece of poo poo as any of his officially declared opponents.

I am a tad worried that his "gently caress YOU, MEXICANS" campaign strategy may not improve upon Mitt Romney's performance with Latino voters enough to avoid another general election loss.

Can anyone tell me in what states assisted suicide is now legal? TIA.

Oh hey I've actually been wondering what your opinion of Bernie is since he's somewhat pro-gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Chris Christie posted:

Hello friends!!!

Donald Trump is literally my #1 choice for the 2016 South Carolina GOP Presidential Primary Vote by default right now by virtue of not being as worthless as or as much of a piece of poo poo as any of his officially declared opponents.

I am a tad worried that his "gently caress YOU, MEXICANS" campaign strategy may not improve upon Mitt Romney's performance with Latino voters enough to avoid another general election loss.

Hey welcome back dude!

We're just now talking about how Reince (known for Hispanic/Latin@ outreach, I guess?) had to call Trump up and ask him to knock off the racism. Think it'll work?

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Hollismason posted:

I just think he's a functional sociopath, the idea that all sociopaths are intelligent is kind of a urban myth. Most have average or below average intelligence. What they excel at is manipulation. So no I don't think he's a idiot, I think he's a function sociopath who's desire to hold power has led him to openly agreeing to any back room deal and using any tactic necessary to gain power.

I think the comparison with Nixon is appropriate.

Nixon was brilliant.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Brannock posted:

Articles like this always come off as really strange to me, discussing in earnest how People Will Respond, like those same people can't actually go and read the article and see how people are speculating on how they'll respond and have the article itself affect how they'll respond. Am I the only one that gets weirded out by those meta-analysis pieces?

While usually true, Trump does not care how other will respond. He only speaks the truth, as benefits the greatest businessman in the world.

Personally I'm looking forward to this backfiring. It's nice the the Party is trying to get the press to push the idea that they're not on board for Trump's Mexican Rapist Crusade, but it's going to take more than a 45 minute phone call to muzzle Trump. It would not surprise me if he comes out an triples down on murderous, raping, illegals.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

More White Noise posted:

Here's the full story

The fear among Bennett and others is that Trump will set back the party’s efforts to rehabilitate its image and broaden its appeal.

Too late GOP.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

baw posted:

Nixon was brilliant.

The most terrifying thing is a sociopath that is smart and well-educated. Not only was he a politician but a lawyer with a J.D. The guy knew how to manipulate and take advantage of like...everything. Lord knows what he got away with that we still don't know about.

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Raskolnikov38 posted:

Oh hey I've actually been wondering what your opinion of Bernie is since he's somewhat pro-gun.

Obviously I probably disagree with Sanders WAAAAY more than with Hillary Clinton seeing as he's really far to the left, yet I would be the least upset if he was the person the GOP lost to since he is a genuine and honest person and not a horrible and corrupt human being like Hillary Clinton or a complete and utter moron like Martin O'Malley.

As for his gun views being better though, does not matter to me because a POTUS Bernie Sanders would still nominate leftist SCOTUS Justices and Heller and McDonald were shamefully only 5-4 instead of 9-0 in favor of our second amendment rights. President only matters re: 2nd amendment to me in that the President gets to pick the people who REALLY matter re: 2nd amendment - the justices.

I disagree with him on just about everything but on a personal level I like him and I wouldn't be sick for too long if he was the winner next Nov.

But let's get real, Wall Street wants Hillary Clinton to be President.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

radical meme posted:

In a subsequent tweet, Costa says:

Where does that come from? There is nothing that Priebus or the GOP has done or said that even hints at this being true.

Yes he did. Priebus led the creation of the the 2012 autopsy report which said that the GOP had to make inroads with Hispanics and Asian Americans. Rubio's immigration bill was supposed to be the big push on this, but then someone realized that Steve King is still an elected member of the Republican party and the whole thing blew up.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

More White Noise posted:

Right on time!

Jerry Manderbilt posted:

45 minutes of telling Donald "To the victor belong the spoils" Trump to can it, I presume?

fade5 posted:

Don't do it Donald "My twitter has become so powerful" Trump, keep it on full blast.:getin:

I love that plug-in that inserts Trump quotes into the middle of Donald Trump's name.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

ToxicSlurpee posted:

The most terrifying thing is a sociopath that is smart and well-educated. Not only was he a politician but a lawyer with a J.D. The guy knew how to manipulate and take advantage of like...everything.

Except Ike. He was constantly getting clowned by his boss from 52-60.

"If you give me a few weeks, I may be able to think of something.“ – Dwight D. Eisenhower, responding to a reporter who asked for an example of how Nixon had contributed to the Eisenhower Administration, 1960

edit: Also, too, the voters in California in '62. Also, also, too, John Dean.

Joementum fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Jul 9, 2015

Fox Ironic
Jul 19, 2012

by exmarx

Chris Christie posted:

Oregon and Washington IIRC. Why?

Edit: Forgot Vermont.

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007

AceRimmer posted:

I left Bush out of the list as the presumed Presidential pick. :shrug:

Great list, but may I recommend you list Lindsey Graham as sec def?

Person Dyslexic
Jul 23, 2007

ToxicSlurpee posted:

The most terrifying thing is a sociopath that is smart and well-educated. Not only was he a politician but a lawyer with a J.D. The guy knew how to manipulate and take advantage of like...everything. Lord knows what he got away with that we still don't know about.

He'd probably be wondering that himself if he hadn't punched out.

MixMasterMalaria
Jul 26, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ1L013k5Hw

AceRimmer
Mar 18, 2009

MixMasterMalaria posted:

Great list, but may I recommend you list Lindsey Graham as sec def?
Tell that to the Random.org number generator. I just took the 12 non-Bush primary candidates and randomly filled the Cabinet slots using the website's RNG

edit: The dozen "leading" in current polling that is, minus the "rodeo clown"

AceRimmer fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jul 9, 2015

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

good. gently caress them. they have been dog wistling this poo poo for years and now they are panicking that one of their candidates isn't. gently caress em.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

That quote from Bush about people having to work longer hours was a little ambiguous, even in the same article he had someone clarifying right after that he meant people should get full-time employment instead of just part-time. How he's supposed to accomplish that remains ambiguous, of course.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Eonwe posted:

Oh my god get over it dude. Anyone here that cares about it is dumb, sorry I'm hurting your tender feelings.

Lol why are you being such an rear end in a top hat

Edit: wow the thread really moved on from that

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Chris Christie posted:

Hello friends!!!

Can you describe what you admire most about Donald Trump?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Chris Christie posted:

Smart take.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
"I like that he says what everyone is thinking, but I wonder if his loud overtly racist comments will hurt him in the general"

-republicans

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Trump is far too reactionary and narcissistic to keep it together.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

The man who called all Mexicans rapists isn't as big a piece of poo poo as his opponents
- a racist

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Zelder posted:

The man who called all Mexicans rapists isn't as big a piece of poo poo as his opponents
- a racist

I can see this being a reasonable thing if you think all the other candidates also think everyone crossing the border because of the American promise of new opportunities is a dirty rapist, and Trump is just the only one willing to speak his mind. At the risk of fishmechin', being an honest racist is technically better by some standards than being a dishonest racist.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Zelder posted:

- a racist

Not as crazy as it would usually be, considering the endorsement of child rape by another opponent.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

Dolash posted:

That quote from Bush about people having to work longer hours was a little ambiguous, even in the same article he had someone clarifying right after that he meant people should get full-time employment instead of just part-time. How he's supposed to accomplish that remains ambiguous, of course.

Did you watch the video? It seems pretty clear that he thinks, with a complete disregard for pesky things like facts, that a lack of productivity from the American worker is somehow the cause of a lack of growth.

It's a brilliant encapsulation of both how stupid Jeb Bush is and how out of touch he is.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Zelder posted:

- a racist

Whoa now, let's not go putting words into The Donald's mouth. While he's certain that the people coming across the boarder are drug dealers, murderers, and rapists, he is vaguely aware of statistical probability. Which is why he assumes that some of them are good people. Law of averages and all.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

I would say that an honest racist and a dishonest racist are equally lovely, and neither deserve your vote. And I hate Jeb Bush, but I doubt that he actually hates Mexican people.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

ErIog posted:

Did you watch the video? It seems pretty clear that he thinks, with a complete disregard for pesky things like facts, that a lack of productivity from the American worker is somehow the cause of a lack of growth.

It's a brilliant encapsulation of both how stupid Jeb Bush is and how out of touch he is.
Alternately, he's trying to disguise saying "Can we increase the labor supply some more so we can drive wages even lower? That will be just great for America, as I perceive it."

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Zelder posted:

I would say that an honest racist and a dishonest racist are equally lovely, and neither deserve your vote. And I hate Jeb Bush, but I doubt that he actually hates Mexican people.

Dishonest racists are much more likely to convince low-info people to support their policies.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Nintendo Kid posted:

Not as crazy as it would usually be, considering the endorsement of child rape by another opponent.

Oh, don't worry, Trump endorses child rape too.

quote:

"I've known Jeff [Epstein] for fifteen years. Terrific guy,'' Trump booms from a speakerphone. "He's a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side. No doubt about it — Jeffrey enjoys his social life."

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Right, so at the risk of repeating myself, the differing priorities and agendas of a Sanders or a Clinton administration would in fact have differing results in policies. The issue is everyone who's saying "they're both Democrats, what's the difference?".

It's pretty much guaranteed that Bernie would compromise more than Hillary would and his end result might not be terribly different from hers.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Brannock posted:

Dishonest racists are much more likely to convince low-info people to support their policies.

That's entirely true. Death to all white people (I apologize if you're a white people, but that's the only way I can think to improve things).

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

computer parts posted:

It's pretty much guaranteed that Bernie would compromise more than Hillary would and his end result might not be terribly different from hers.

There's really only one guarantee we can make about President Bernie Sanders.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Joementum posted:

That we flip the media's Blue/Red dichotomy and the Republicans descend into an unfathomable Red Scare?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Joementum posted:

What is that guarantee, Joementum?

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Joementum posted:

Yes he did. Priebus led the creation of the the 2012 autopsy report which said that the GOP had to make inroads with Hispanics and Asian Americans. Rubio's immigration bill was supposed to be the big push on this, but then someone realized that Steve King is still an elected member of the Republican party and the whole thing blew up.

OK, this is correct and I was aware of it and I should have been more explicit and said that, "since the idea blew up in Rubio's face, they've done nothing to indicate it's true and have run away from hispanic outreach as fast as they could". I think that would be more accurate. Right now, most RW talk radio is praising Trump for his courageous stand on rape happy immigrants. I really want some RWM to specifically ask Priebus about this and get him to either support or reject hispanic outreach.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

holy poo poo lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Brannock posted:

What is that guarantee, Joementum?

That everything will be literally perfect forever

• Locked thread