Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Dapper Dan posted:

Nobody should be talking about Zoe Quinn.

Because Eron Gonji should have kept his private loving business private. Are there no concepts of boundaries anymore? Are we just spewing private poo poo, no matter how damaging and embarrassing, into the public sphere now? If she was emotionally manipulative and damaging, handle it within your own loving social circles. Your friends, your therapists, the authorities, the people involved. Typically when someone got cheated on, they'd call up the other guy's wife and say, 'Yeah, your husband is a scumbag and he's cheating on you.' Do that. Don't try to get the internet to do your dirty work for you.

What he wanted to do was the same poo poo that gamer gaters routinely decry: shame and manipulation to punish her for her crimes. I don't buy his excuse that he 'just wanted to let everyone know the implications of her sleeping with journalists' for a second. It's like Dennis talking to Mac about the 'implications' of bringing women down alone on the boat in the middle of the ocean in 'Its Always Sunny'. He wanted to (figuratively) gently caress her over.

She wasn't the head of a major studio, she released one lovely, free text adventure game that got a one sentence mention in an article with fifty other games that nobody remembers. And if this never blew up, guess what? No one would remember that goddamn game either. Is one loving sentence worth it? She wasn't shuffling around millions of dollars, or hundreds of thousands or barely even thousands probably. loving hell, she wasn't even influential in the goddamn indie scene. Maybe in the Twine community, so congratulations I guess.

Whether or not she's a bad person, an rear end in a top hat or a sociopath is besides the point. It doesn't matter and I'm not taking any position on that. I've personally had to deal with people like that and I didn't come on SA and shout to the high heavens to expose their misdeeds. Nor did I try to ruin their lives over it. He was hurt and he wanted to hurt back using the tools he had, it is that simple. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, he probably didn't intend for it to get this out of hand. But he shouldn't have exposed their business to the world instead of handling it like an adult. If GG was against hypocrisy, they'd tell Eron to go gently caress himself with a thorny pine cone. Because what he did to Zoe is exactly what they protest against.

Well kudos to you for continuing to try and explain it, but if people don't get it by now I think they are making a deliberate effort not to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Pandemonium posted:

The way I remember it she left the dog outside during a Boston winter day to die in the cold. Please confirm/deny this accusation because it's how I remember it and it could be wrong.

Making a Twitter for the dog was no good, but it's not what I was referring to. Also, I think it's a little problematic to say that "Gamergate did it". One person did it.

Things get muddled, because the dog died in December, but she only posted how it died in March:

The winter of December 2014 was one of the worst winters in MA on record. Regardless, nobody but Brianna Wu killed her dog.

Slanderer posted:

I have to disagree with this one point, because he has gone on record in published interviews admitting that he not only purposefully tried to get people to attack her, but that he also wishes he had put even more fuel for the mob into his zoe post (and that he is still, months later, working on a followup that will expose her lies even further!). It's hard to give him any benefit of the doubt that this point, just going by his own published account.

I didn't know that. gently caress him completely and utterly then.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Pandemonium posted:

This is important. I'm glad you were ignorant of them and now hopefully are not. One of the places Zoe chose to attack as being a vile hive of misogynists that did nothing but threaten and harass her was a forum on 4chan that is supposed to be a safe space for virgin men over 30 years old. That she would choose them and sic her little crew on them is something that should not be forgotten in this whirlwind of "she hosed some people and everyone should shutup" that seems to be the hobby of a few folks that are posting here.

(Not to mention her evidence of the wizards attacking her was likely a false flag)

Please provide evidence that Zoe (1) attacked the misogynist virgin cave (2) sicked her "little crew" on them (3) that there was a FALSE FLAG!!!! involved

or are you just throwing poo poo out there and seeing what sticks?

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Obdicut posted:

You realize that I'm not asking you, right? You don't have any credibility at all. You have negative credibility.

Perhaps Gamergate is what happens when the conciousness of the internet glitches out? If they max out their negative credibility, it wraps round back to the highest possible integer and suddenly everyone believes them? It's like the Warlord Gandhi bug in Civilization.

They're trying real hard to get that credibility as low as it'll go.

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

please let me show you screenshots of all The Ladies swooning over me

Popular Thug Drink posted:

From the context of Pandemonium's posts and my general (poor) knowledge of Gamergate supporters, I think they're people who made it to the age of 30 without having sex. It at least would indicate why they hate Zoe Quinn so much.

So are you embarrassed that all of your extremely weak and strange accusations against Zoe Quinn are, like the majority of Gamergate's accusations, based on personal emotional issues and not factual observable reality?

Wow, really? I was spitballing that. I guess Gamergate isn't as hard to understand as I thought.

You admit to not understanding Gamergate and the people involved in it. Thanks for making so many posts in this thread.

The only "accusation" anyone has addressed is the Robin Williams one. Still waiting to hear about how it was totally okay for her to harass the wizards. And how she tried to emotionally manipulate people into shutting down the Fine Young Capitalists so her own poorly thought out charity whose donations went directly into her personal Paypal could thrive.

Gamergate people and the wizards don't occupy anywhere near the same space or demographic. Please don't make assumptions. AFAIK, Wizards keep to themselves and have basically checked out of society and even most socializing online outside of their message board on 4chan. The fact that you think it is cool to denigrate them is really telling. All they wanted is to be left alone in their corner, but Zoe made it a point to drag them out and try to publicly shame them for, if i remember correctly, two half-assed posts critical of her and her game. This is why Zoe is a terrible person. And it's sad that people defending her have no clue who the wizards are or what she did to them.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

Dominic White posted:

Wizardchan, a 4chan spinoff site for 30+ year old virgins who have decided to sequester themselves away from outside internet contact and call themselves wizards, because they have failed where their virile 4chan cousins had done so well.

Quinn suggested that it was a stupid site and that the whole concept behind it is socially harmful, and is only reinforcing their rather unsettling philosophy. Such is her villainy.

One of the admins from Wizardchan said that several threats against Zoe came from a single IP address belonging to her. This was during an interview though, And he didn't provide any documentation that I know of, so who knows if he was telling the truth.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Dapper Dan posted:

Things get muddled, because the dog died in December, but she only posted how it died in March:

The winter of December 2014 was one of the worst winters in MA on record. Regardless, nobody but Brianna Wu killed her dog.

That's not how it died, though. It died from encephalitis, which is right there in the tweets. You don't get encephalitis from being out in the cold. That also sounds like a dog that could go in and out as it wanted--maybe through some sort of 'door' that was sized for a dog. I'd call it a 'canine portal'.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Dapper Dan posted:

Did she actually blame gg or nah

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

One of the admins from Wizardchan said that several threats against Zoe came from a single IP address belonging to her. This was during an interview though, And he didn't provide any documentation that I know of, so who knows if he was telling the truth.

Hrm... Who here could be more credible? The woman that has been the target of an internationally infamous year-long campaign of abuse, harassment and slander who has systematically debunked every ridiculous claim thrown at her? Or a 4chan buddy-site that has an axe to grind with all women ever?

Such a mystery.

Obdicut posted:

That's not how it died, though. It died from encephalitis, which is right there in the tweets. You don't get encephalitis from being out in the cold. That also sounds like a dog that could go in and out as it wanted--maybe through some sort of 'door' that was sized for a dog. I'd call it a 'canine portal'.

Basic biology and house construction are also things that Gamergate does not understand, along with feminism, racism, criticism and... well, most 'Ism's, now that I think about it.

Dominic White fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jul 9, 2015

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
So now we've got Zoe Quinn's sex life, and the precise chronology of the death of Brianna Wu's dog and twitter posts relating thereto.

Is there any other cause that needs to bring up poo poo like this to prove their points?

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

so who knows if he was telling the truth.

Sounds good enough! Start spreading the word!

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Pandemonium posted:

You admit to not understanding Gamergate and the people involved in it. Thanks for making so many posts in this thread.

The only "accusation" anyone has addressed is the Robin Williams one. Still waiting to hear about how it was totally okay for her to harass the wizards. And how she tried to emotionally manipulate people into shutting down the Fine Young Capitalists so her own poorly thought out charity whose donations went directly into her personal Paypal could thrive.

Gamergate people and the wizards don't occupy anywhere near the same space or demographic. Please don't make assumptions. AFAIK, Wizards keep to themselves and have basically checked out of society and even most socializing online outside of their message board on 4chan. The fact that you think it is cool to denigrate them is really telling. All they wanted is to be left alone in their corner, but Zoe made it a point to drag them out and try to publicly shame them for, if i remember correctly, two half-assed posts critical of her and her game. This is why Zoe is a terrible person. And it's sad that people defending her have no clue who the wizards are or what she did to them.

I'm making a lot of posts because I'm trying to understand.

You really seem to hate Quinn, for reasons that are not clear, and I just want to see if I can understand why. So far it doesn't seem like she's done anything wrong, which makes Gamergate even more incomprehensible to me. You feel like she is attacking people, and perhaps attacking you as well? This is a common thread in Gamergate. You wouldn't happen to be a Wizard yourself, would you? Because your tone indicates that you seem to take her single statement awfully personally. None of your other accusations make any real sense, but it does seem likely that you would have such a chip on your shoulder if you disliked her for having sex. Is that the reason?

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

Error 404 posted:

Brianna Wu is a dog killer now?

Haha, oh goobergate, never change.

Please respond vis-a-vis those tweets where she admits to leaving the dog outside in the wintertime in Boston.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Pandemonium posted:

No one has any idea what the gently caress you are talking about and you are likely making it up since you already admitted to doing that.

Wu was justified in all attacks on the wizards because they are actually stealth fyad members who are all in such deep cover that they don't realize that none of them joined unironically. This was proven by hnelson66 two years ago, obviously

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Pandemonium posted:

Please respond vis-a-vis those tweets where she admits to leaving the dog outside in the wintertime in Boston.

What does this have to do with Gamergate? Can you connect your intense dislike for these women to the idea that they somehow acted unethically in regards to video game journalism? I think you're just making this up too.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Pandemonium posted:

You get that 'encephalitis' and 'cold' are different, right? And the way that she phrased the tweet implies the dog had a choice in the matter--you might have heard of something called a 'dog door'? Otherwise that it was 'waiting outside' wouldn't be an expression of love, but rather just, y'know, waiting.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

What does this have to do with Gamergate? Can you connect your intense dislike for these women to the idea that they somehow acted unethically in regards to video game journalism? I think you're just making this up too.

Oh, and just to top it off: Brianna Wu isn't a games journalist either. She runs a small, all-female indie studio that makes story-driven mobile games aimed at women.

I WONDER WHAT COULD HAVE MADE HER A TARGET!?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

What about wu's college stuff where she called a dude a racial slur?

Or macintoshs family island?

Let's comb through everything while we're here, we'll have enough content for a few thousand more pages!

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

You could bring this up just about everytime anyone says anything in this thread supporting GG.

Dominic White posted:

Oh, and just to top it off: Brianna Wu isn't a games journalist either. She runs a small, all-female indie studio that makes story-driven mobile games aimed at women.

She used a picture of a kid with aspergers once to make a meme, therefor it's not really transphobic when they call her "he" or "it".

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Obdicut posted:

You don't leave sick animals outside or let them go outside at all, because stress makes illnesses worse. And why would it want to go outside in one of the coldest winters on record in MA? Twitter sucks because of this.

Uncle Wemus posted:

Did she actually blame gg or nah

I don't remember honestly. She might have said they mocked her with it. I don't think she said they caused it. I didn't save the tweets from that far back. I only noticed the one in March because it was :psyduck:

SedanChair posted:

Well kudos to you for continuing to try and explain it, but if people don't get it by now I think they are making a deliberate effort not to.

If so, I tried my best.

Serf
May 5, 2011

You see, if enough sins can be dug up on these women, that will retroactively justify all the criticism* they've faced.

*doxxing, death threats and stalking (I'm not kidding there was a dude taking pictures of her house and posting them to Twitter)

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

Obdicut posted:

They do, though. There's obviously a lot of work involved. Maybe you're evaluating them solely from a 'how much time did it take to splice the video together' perspective or something?

Yeah, you remembered wrong, unsurprisingly. Whodathunkit.

Hey you're kind of swerving away from 'this doesn't matter and I'm just half-assing it', now you're all serious.

You realize that I'm not asking you, right? You don't have any credibility at all. You have negative credibility.

Please read the tweets Brianna made about her dog being out in the Boston winter. She killed it. Kthx.

I was right about that. I was right about what Zoe did to the wizards and to the Fine Young Capitalists. The only thing I was off on was how she exploited Robin Williams' suicide.

I'd say I'm doing alright in the credibility department.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Dapper Dan posted:

I don't remember honestly. She might have said they mocked her with it. I don't think she said they caused it. I didn't save the tweets from that far back. I only noticed the one in March because it was :psyduck:

A few Gamergate folks were bragging about killing her dog, so she had the vet perform an autopsy just in case. It was death of natural causes, story over. Unless you're an obsessive stalker, in which case you can start building the twisted and incomprehensible tale of WU THE DOGMURDERER.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Nevvy Z posted:

You could bring this up just about everytime anyone says anything in this thread supporting GG.

Well it does appear that the vast majority of people who post in this thread with favorable attitudes and extensive knowledge of gamergate are also deeply committed to proving that Quinn and Wu are monsters made flesh. I'm not sure what exactly this has to do with ethics in game journalism, but I suspect that repeatedly attacking women is in fact the true goal of gamergate.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Wasn't "Evil woman attacks the noble Wizards" the plot of a Tolkien novel?

Serf
May 5, 2011

Dominic White posted:

A few Gamergate folks were bragging about killing her dog, so she had the vet perform an autopsy just in case. It was death of natural causes, story over. Unless you're an obsessive stalker, in which case you can start building the twisted and incomprehensible tale of WU THE DOGMURDERER.

Don't forget the mutilated dog pictures that were sent to her company and the near-constant barrage of people on Twitter laughing at the fact that her dog had died.

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"

Uncle Wemus posted:

What about wu's college stuff where she called a dude a racial slur?

Or macintoshs family island?

Let's comb through everything while we're here, we'll have enough content for a few thousand more pages!

It's getting kind of creepy actually. The 'they're all rich trust fund kids' stuff is kind of funny. I looked at Sarkeesian's bio and she went to CSUN. That's not where you go if you're a rich kid.

Dapper Dan posted:

You don't leave sick animals outside or let them go outside at all, because surprise, stress makes illnesses worse. And why would it want to go outside in one of the coldest winters on record in MA? Twitter sucks because of this.

I might say creepily obsessing over someone else's dog's death sucks. Did she know it was sick before she left on her trip or whatever? I have no clue. It's none of my business and it's really, really weird to obsess over someone else's dog's death.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Dapper Dan posted:

I didn't know that. gently caress him completely and utterly then.

Just to provide sources--the 2 interviews I recall were with Buzzfeed and Boston Magazine

http://www.buzzfeed.com/josephbernstein/the-man-who-sparked-gamergate-regrets-the-harassment-but-say#.mr4xNyjdM1

quote:

“If I could go back in time and tell myself not to do this. I wouldn’t. That is, I wouldn’t tell myself not to. Because it’s for the best. Regardless of how the outcome is actually getting painted. As this giant harassment campaign against women filled with all sorts of death threats. On the ground the movement isn’t barely like that.”

This kind of recursive, contradictory, and sometimes confusing argumentation characterized much of the interview.

quote:

“Internet warfare takes a surprising amount of dedication,” he said. Indeed, Gjoni, despite his protestations that he wrote “thezoepost” for ethical reasons unrelated to gaming, seems unable to leave the cause his writing sparked alone. He admitted to regularly advising GamerGate leaders, and seems to take some pride in the power he claims to exert over the movement, as well as over the effect the movement has had on gaming journalism.

“I’ve had to … keep it from splitting the earth in two,” he said.

http://www.bostonmagazine.com/news/article/2015/04/28/gamergate/

quote:

One of the keys to how Gjoni justified the cruelty of “The Zoe Post” to its intended audience was his claim that Quinn slept with five men during and after their brief romance. In retrospect, he thinks one of his most amusing ideas was to paste the Five Guys restaurant logo into his screed: “Now I can’t stop mentally referring to her as Burgers and Fries,” he wrote. By the time he released the post into the wild, he figured the odds of Quinn’s being harassed were 80 percent.

As he wrote, Gjoni kept pressing Quinn for information. About a week after their final breakup in San Francisco, Quinn finally stopped responding to Gjoni’s barrage of texts, Facebook messages, emails, and calls. He interpreted this not as a surrender or a retreat from his unwanted advances but instead, paradoxically, as a kind of attack. As he wrote at the time and later posted online, “GOD loving drat IT. SHE’S AVOIDED ME EVER SINCE THIS CONVERSATION BECAUSE SHE IS PARANOID I MIGHT GO PUBLIC.” From this circular reasoning emerged a twisted justification: By withholding information, Quinn was somehow forcing Gjoni to “go public.” Eventually, Gjoni would come to see himself as the victim. “I was panicking at the thought of not publishing [‘The Zoe Post’],” he told me. “I didn’t care what the outcome was for Zoe.”

quote:

Over the past several months, Gjoni has been working on a sequel to “The Zoe Post.” When I spoke to him in February, he had created a quick-and-dirty follow-up, which he described as “a full unminced explanation of why” he wrote the original, perhaps packed with even more of Quinn’s private information, and God knows what else. He was worried that he’d get thrown in jail for violating the restraining order, and so had set the sequel, like a time bomb, “to auto-publish if I don’t disable it 24 hours after any court date.”

When I emailed him recently, Gjoni said he’d been having second thoughts. “I don’t know that I’ll publish it anymore,” he wrote. “I’m finding it increasingly difficult to be concerned about people who think I’m a monster. Which is wrong of me, I know. But the last eight months have been taxing. I just want to code, and hang out with my friends and my girlfriend, and I guess just hope people figure it out on their own.”

Still, he wishes he’d put even more detail into “The Zoe Post.” “I was too much of a wuss,” he wrote, “to not say everything I should have said.

(bolded the girlfriend mention just to point out how hosed up he must be that, despite apparently having a new girlfriend, he still dedicates time to his manifesto about his ex)

Pandemonium
Dec 25, 2004

Dominic White posted:

Basic biology and house construction are also things that Gamergate does not understand, along with feminism, racism, criticism and... well, most 'Ism's, now that I think about it.

Nah, they understand at least house construction because they were the ones who called Wu out on her bullshit claim that she had fled her house for fear of being killed. (Someone saw the floorboards in one of her interviews during the time she supposedly living somewhere else for fear of her life, recognized them as the floorboards in another interview she gave while she was in her house, and then it all blew up that she had never actually left her house.)

This is the person who is given a podium to talk about the ills of Gamergate and how terrible the internet is. This person makes a living conning saps and their sympathies.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.

Dominic White posted:

I've personally seen the terrible abuse she was subjected to by the Steam community when her game was up for Greenlight approval.Like the abusive thread posted under her developer account after she forgot to log out of it.

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Obdicut posted:

I might say creepily obsessing over someone else's dog's death sucks. Did she know it was sick before she left on her trip or whatever? I have no clue. It's none of my business and it's really, really weird to obsess over someone else's dog's death.

And it's double weird and extra creepy to obsess over the death of a dog in order to somehow retroactively justify an organized campaign of harassment that had been aimed at her for weeks (possibly months) before that.

But that's how this movement operates. It's incomprehensible to anyone with an ounce of sense, but apparently makes sense if you're from 4chan?

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

I've personally seen the terrible abuse she was subjected to by the Steam community when her game was up for Greenlight approval.Like the abusive thread posted under her developer account after she forgot to log out of it.

Ooh, more accusations of False Flag attacks! Apparently every woman that has been targetted by Gamergate just LOVES the hate and abuse so much that they have to manufacture more to inflate their egos! That's new and original and entirely trustworthy, because you've brought up so many pieces of irrefutable evidence of this before. I shall believe everything you've said here unconditionally.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Pandemonium posted:

Please read the tweets Brianna made about her dog being out in the Boston winter. She killed it. Kthx.

I was right about that. I was right about what Zoe did to the wizards and to the Fine Young Capitalists.

Her dog didn't die of cold and you haven't offered any evidence that you didn't imagine the other things in a fever dream.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Dominic White posted:

Why would I do that?

Dominic White posted:

Brianna Wu mocked them with a lovely meme, this didn't materialize out of the ether.

EDIT:

Obdicut posted:

Someone asked, I posted it. Then I gave my thoughts on it. I'm not going to hire a PI or something, nor is this really relevant since this is different than hellthread

Obdicut
May 15, 2012

"What election?"
Pandemonium, OMG JC, you really don't realize how creepy these conspiracy theories seem, do you?

I don't mean this as an attack, I mean, do you actually understand how to someone who hasn't spent the same time and energy getting elbow-deep in conspiracy theories and stuff like that that this really seems absurd and the level of personal ire you direct at these people comes off as deeply bizarre?

Edit: Edited to make it less personal.

Obdicut fucked around with this message at 12:51 on Jul 9, 2015

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Dapper Dan posted:

Brianna Wu mocked them with a lovely meme, this didn't materialize out of the ether.

Oh my, she made fun of the sexist hate-mob. Clearly she was just asking for it.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Dapper Dan posted:

So? People are allowed to have opinions on the internet. I've mocked people with lovely memes before, but nobody's ever called me in the middle of the night and accused me of murdering my pets. This is the kind of behavior that makes it evident that Gamergate is just a collection of delusional and hateful shutins.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Pandemonium posted:

(Someone saw the floorboards in one of her interviews during the time she supposedly living somewhere else for fear of her life, recognized them as the floorboards in another interview she gave while she was in her house, and then it all blew up that she had never actually left her house.)

Hahahaha this is some THE SHOT CAME FROM THE GRASSY KNOLL Zapruder film-level poo poo.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Is there a chance that there could be at least a temporary moratorium on talking about Quinn, Wu, and Sarkeesian?

Even if you were to assume that all three of them are exactly as their most negative detractors portray them, I'm not seeing why discussing it in the context of whatever value the "Gamergate" movement has is anything other than an ongoing group attempt to set records for the world's longest ad hominem attack.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Obdicut posted:

Pandemonium, OMG JC, you really don't realize how creepy you seem, do you?

I don't mean this as an attack, I mean, do you actually understand how to someone who hasn't spent the same time and energy getting elbow-deep in conspiracy theories and stuff like that that this really seems absurd and the level of personal ire you direct at these people comes off as deeply bizarre?

For real. A woman was accused of lying based on some internet detective analyzing her loving floorboards. There is no universe in which that sounds like the result of sane, rational actions.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

Dominic White posted:

Ooh, more accusations of False Flag attacks! Apparently every woman that has been targetted by Gamergate just LOVES the hate and abuse so much that they have to manufacture more to inflate their egos! That's new and original and entirely trustworthy, because you've brought up so many pieces of irrefutable evidence of this before. I shall believe everything you've said here unconditionally.

Okay, here you go I guess.

If anything you have to admire the hubris of calling yourself a "notable" feminist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Gamergate is just a collection of delusional and hateful shutins.

Just popped in to see why this thread had 3000+ replies and this sums up the mob about as well as anything.

• Locked thread