Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

There's probably a better way of linking this but gently caress it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

I respect all the nice anime people

PeaceDiner
Mar 24, 2013

The artist's homepage, has a lot more stuff if you go through their gallery + blog.

Also check out the Megaten Web Search if you want fanart from any of the games.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

littleorv posted:

Oh so you can relate? Good for you.

i'm more of an opposites attract kind of guy really

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

PeaceDiner posted:

The artist's homepage, has a lot more stuff if you go through their gallery + blog.

Also check out the Megaten Web Search if you want fanart from any of the games.

How on earth do you navigate these?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

John Quixote posted:

I'm fighting the one with this tree fucker and it's killing me.

Well, like you say Erlkonig is a tree. Wood burns rather easily, and by this point you should have dozens of ways of casting Rakunda/Tarukaja.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

MarsDragon posted:

Who is better, Ulala or Yukino

Katsuya is without question the best boy

I don't care how old this post is it's totally the truth.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Anyway they've started promoting #FE as Atlus x Fire Emblem instead of SMT x Fire Emblem.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Atlus is Persona, makes sense

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

MrAristocrates posted:

Atlus is Persona, makes sense

Persona makes yen, not cents. Bucket loads of bucket loads of yen.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

TurnipFritter posted:

Anyway they've started promoting #FE as Atlus x Fire Emblem instead of SMT x Fire Emblem.

I hope that's the localized title as well. Just straight up tell people "this is what you're getting and it's weird"

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Excels posted:

I hope that's the localized title as well. Just straight up tell people "this is what you're getting and it's awesome"

FTFY

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Excels posted:

I hope that's the localized title as well. Just straight up tell people "this is what you're getting and it's weird"

As of E3 the Nintendo localization team was calling it "Genei Ibun Roku Sharp Eff Eee".

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

TurnipFritter posted:

Good

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I am excited for #FE and playing through Fire Emblem games is only making me more excited.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
I'll play Atlus versus Fire Emblem. I know nothing about the game but I need more ridiculous anime on my Wii U.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

So does this mean that like Odin Sphere and Dragon's Crown people are going to be in it now?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I hope so because Dragon's Crown is better than most SMT games.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Come, Derek!! *crashing noise* *uses Healing Touch on allies*

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Amazon in an idol outfit.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

Dragonatrix posted:

Well, like you say Erlkonig is a tree. Wood burns rather easily, and by this point you should have dozens of ways of casting Rakunda/Tarukaja.

Oh, I know to cast fire spells at him, that's not the problem. The problem was him one-shotting my team with Mazionga, then I got unlucky when he decided to use Myriad Arrows twice to one-shot my team instead with his first attack. I've passed it by temporarily to do the Shibuya stuff - felt really good beating Dullahan the second try after I figured out her weakness. Now I'm gonna have to head up to Ikebukuro so Erlkonig is gonna get his what for, trust me.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Still playing through Nocturne and man, Beelzebub is a dick. I mean, I beat him, but still gently caress you fly man.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

John Quixote posted:

Oh, I know to cast fire spells at him, that's not the problem. The problem was him one-shotting my team with Mazionga, then I got unlucky when he decided to use Myriad Arrows twice to one-shot my team instead with his first attack. I've passed it by temporarily to do the Shibuya stuff - felt really good beating Dullahan the second try after I figured out her weakness. Now I'm gonna have to head up to Ikebukuro so Erlkonig is gonna get his what for, trust me.

This is why I usually go magic heroes in SMT games. I killed this guy before he even got a turn in.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I'm about 4 hours into DDS, in The Citadel with two-head, serf, and boobteeth. Is hovering around a save point and grinding encounters the normal way to play? I love the setting, art, and combat. Press-turn is the poo poo as I love Persona. But...is there more to the game than walking down empty hallways getting gangbanged by enemies literally every two feet? And WTF is that little pie/fraction counter at the top left for?

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

chaosapiant posted:

Is hovering around a save point and grinding encounters the normal way to play?

Not in the slightest. If you're grinding for levels, you're actually wasting your time because they mean almost literally nothing.

quote:

And WTF is that little pie/fraction counter at the top left for?

The Solar Noise gauge effects a fair few things. Every time it ticks to Min, there's a chance of all still inflicted ailments being cured, there's sometimes a chance of your characters being "hungry" and losing some HP. The closer to Max it gets, the more encounters you find, the more you can sell almost all Cells for and (in DDS2) there's two enemies that only appears in specific Solar Noise ranges. The Estoma Spray and Magic Reed items, which decrease/increase the encounter rate, last until the Solar Noise gauge hits Min again. Lastly, to repeat a Field Hunt you need the Solar Noise gauge to go from Min -> Max -> Min five times whilst in the same dungeon as the Hunt you want to do.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

chaosapiant posted:

I'm about 4 hours into DDS, in The Citadel with two-head, serf, and boobteeth. Is hovering around a save point and grinding encounters the normal way to play? I love the setting, art, and combat. Press-turn is the poo poo as I love Persona. But...is there more to the game than walking down empty hallways getting gangbanged by enemies literally every two feet? And WTF is that little pie/fraction counter at the top left for?

In this game, grinding for levels is alright, but you primarily want to be grinding for AP. This makes every battle take a bit longer and drain more resources as you whittle down enemy health until they are weak enough to be eaten.

Primarily you want to do your three characters in very different ways, and Serph/Heat make a very good combo in this regard, as you can specialize one in "hunting physical" skills and one in "murder physical" skills. Pure damage physical does a LOT of damage, but the hunting skills can one-shot enemies. The hunt/physical build is what I like to put on Serph (with a few support abilities to allow him to be an emergency life raft for the other party members) and once you can consistently inspire the "fear" status in enemies, you can devour them easily.

For all of your party members, you should level up their hunting skills enough to learn...I think it's called "Consume" it's a mid-level hunting skill that's generally enough to kill off most enemies, even if you have to soften them up a bit first. All of your characters can then rack up a lot of AP to boost their designated skills i.e. getting Force magic on Argilla ASAP.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Jesus, Rise's new VA for Dancing all Night is god awful, the entire trailer is stuff someone should be worried about but there's no concern in the voice at all, then again that's always been Burch's problem.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Alteisen posted:

Jesus, Rise's new VA for Dancing all Night is god awful, the entire trailer is stuff someone should be worried about but there's no concern in the voice at all, then again that's always been Burch's problem.

Burch... Is okay. It probably didn't matter who they got it just wouldn't sound right.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

even if it's bad i'm buying DAN

am I the true scum

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Volt Catfish posted:

am I the true scum

We can be scum together.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Honestly I am having second thoughts about DAN. I was very excited about it up until very recently.. :(

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

The_Frag_Man posted:

Honestly I am having second thoughts about DAN. I was very excited about it up until very recently.. :(

At this point I'm getting it to complete my Post-Index Persona collection. I've already seen the story, and the music. It's just a rhythm game like Miku, which I still haven't played despite owning both now.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
PDAN has a story??

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Volt Catfish posted:

am I the true scum

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

PDAN has a story??

Something something, Kanimin's dancers get kidnapped by an internet video, something something dance to fight shadows, something Kanamin was actually a shadow and the real one is tied up and now you have to dance on a :black101: stage.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Burch sounds really terrible as Rise. Like holy poo poo, how does she sound so bad? The voice acting is usually one of the things you can count on to be good in these games outside of VA changes.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Beef Chief posted:

Burch sounds really terrible as Rise. Like holy poo poo, how does she sound so bad? The voice acting is usually one of the things you can count on to be good in these games outside of VA changes.

It's probably because the dumb dancing Vita game isn't something that Atlus USA thinks they need to put a ton of effort into. Persona 5 is supposed to be releasing in both Japan and NA this year, so they're probably focusing the majority of their localization effort on that right now.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
What the gently caress are you talking about? Arem's been doing voice direction for all of these games, she is doing the work for this game too. There's no reason for this to sound this bad, because it's not as if more money goes into how good the quality of the acting is, because she is still doing the series. More money isn't being put into the localization because Atlus has one team that works on these games and they're on the game that's actually finished.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I hope rise gets over her cold before she returns in persona 5

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Excellent voice acting such as