Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

The big thing about it is it forces someone to move without a plan. I've been owned more than once seeing the big outline and being all OH GOD and running right into the enemies I was having a standoff with. I am not good under pressure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Bread Set Jettison posted:

The best time to use the killerwail is when you spot the little indicator that someone is jumping in. WELCOME TO THE ROCK SHOW

That's nowhere near the best use of it but nonetheless I will still do it without hesitation

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I can't tell you how many times I've super jumped into a loving killer wail. loving teammates without stealth jump god dammit you fuckers killed me! You kill me all the loving time!!!

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
How does you jumping into a killer wail have anything to do with your teammates

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

If they don't have stealth jump and jump with you it gives your position away too.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Lemming posted:

I can't tell you how many times I've super jumped into a loving killer wail. loving teammates without stealth jump god dammit you fuckers killed me! You kill me all the loving time!!!

Is that better or worse than super jumping into an Inkstrike?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Silver Falcon posted:

Is that better or worse than super jumping into an Inkstrike?

I feel like jumping into an ink strike is usually your own fault since you can see the indicator

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Eh, it's happened to me. Sometimes you'll jump to a sniper just before some Aerospray toting chucklefuck decides to airstrike him

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

Another thing you can do with the Killer Wail is look on your map and see if the enemy team is inking up a narrow corridor (side passages on Underpass, Warehouse or Mall, etc). If so, just aim down it as parallel as possible then fire. Gets me a splat every time. :)

Some squids have done this to me too and I'm not even sure a quick superjump would save you.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Super jumping en masse is a risky move even without specials to worry about.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I have stealth jump so I'm allwoed.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Lemming posted:

I have stealth jump so I'm allwoed.

This is why I can't give it up. I can jump into a fight and mop up a winner or reinforce a near-loser out of nowhere.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Welp one of my team mates dropped 1 sec into the match, lets get this over with.

*wins the 3 on 4*

booyah

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

but were you on acid? these are the details we need to know!

Stokesy
Nov 26, 2003

G-R-A-S-P
Has anyone bought all of the gear/weapons in the game? What else is there to spend your hard earned cash on, just secondary perk rerolls?

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003

Stokesy posted:

Has anyone bought all of the gear/weapons in the game? What else is there to spend your hard earned cash on, just secondary perk rerolls?

in-game money is a secondary pacing mechanism for acquiring items, so its kinda pointless once you acquire all the items (aside from rerolls like you mentioned).

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

And then snails in turn make money pointless.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I have not played Splatoon in awhile.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

http://gfycat.com/FrayedAcrobaticIndianringneckparakeet

HOW DID YOU MISS?!?

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!
The .96 Deco is absolutely disgusting. There are multiple paths that can be completely blocked off with a Splash Wall, and with the gun's range and power you can often just throw it down and become instantly much more difficult to deal with from pretty much anywhere. Worst of all, when you finally manage to get around those stupid things, emergency Kraken means the whole dance starts all over again!

I love it so much! :unsmigghh:

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

this man is a hero.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

every time I try a new weapon I just end up gravitating back to the dynamo roller

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
My new favourite thing is to race towards the centre with my dual squelcher, inking a path straight to the tower, but stopping one squelcher-range short to let my hapless teammates smash into the opposition at the tower. Meanwhile I'll hang out in behind, taking down the wannabe flankers from the other team.

I only feel a little bit guilty.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Well, I just rushed into battle right after starting the game, I was the second highest scoring person in the game, that's kind of disturbing. Especially since I didn't know how to permanently change my camera angle.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

no team wipe, not impressed :colbert:

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

did you uh

did you not notice the bubbler?

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I just played the nuttiest Tower Defense game. The other team had two Jim Bob Cool Snipe fuckers on Arrowana who insisted on sitting on their perches. It did nothing to get the tower to our base, but it made it hell to get the tower into theirs. I finally had a brain storm and ran around in their base in circles as bait. They took it and spent all their time sniping me while the tower slid into home.

I ranked up to B- from that game.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Inflammatory posted:

did you uh

did you not notice the bubbler?

To be fair it's a little tough to see.

Also to be fair I probably would have poo poo my pants and not been able to Bubble in time.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Run speed bonuses work with rollers right?

Poultron
May 26, 2006

No, not while they are deployed.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Poultron posted:

No, not while they are deployed.

Ah, better off stat wise with my starting gear then, still doing pretty good with this thing.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

You know, I always thought the inklings' bandit masks and squid teeth were more distinctive than their hair, but those don't really show up on a silhouette.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

There is no pleasure like getting a sniper to spring their bubble

Then pushing them off the edge with the nonstop firepower of your Splattershot Jr

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Level Slide posted:

You know, I always thought the inklings' bandit masks and squid teeth were more distinctive than their hair, but those don't really show up on a silhouette.

Well you're wrong.

The bandit masks ARE pretty iconic though. They are absolutely an integral part of the design.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Felt like a loving boss tonight with the sticky bombs.

Is there a certain weapon that has a longer range with the sticky bomb?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Astro7x posted:

Felt like a loving boss tonight with the sticky bombs.

Is there a certain weapon that has a longer range with the sticky bomb?

Longer range on bombs is something you get on headgear, I think.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I think the Inklings tentacle hair is pretty distinct but I don't really see why making hairstyles is a problem because its not like it would get rid of the tentacles, just style them differently. Plus half the hats the inkling boy can wear cover his top knot anyways. Give me an option to let the tentacles down Nintendo!

VVV gently caress :qq:

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Jul 9, 2015

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Internet Kraken posted:

I think the Inklings tentacle hair is pretty distinct but I don't really see why making hairstyles is a problem because its not like it would get rid of the tentacles, just style them differently. Plus half the hats the inkling boy can wear cover his top knot anyways. Give me an option to let the tentacles down Nintendo!

"No." - Nintendo

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
#notallsquids

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Does Swim Speed Up negate Ninja Squid's slow down some?

• Locked thread