Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

NowonSA posted:

Oda's an okay guy, we're just so used to seeing paragons of humanity that a normal guy seems awful. Suna needs to learn to read the mood though. Of course, my favorite running gag this episode was Suna having a non caring, zoned out face the whole episode, even when he interrupts Yamato and Takeo at the end. I guess the guy just doesn't really care about MM land.

He's probably been to Disneyland before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Suna needs somebody besides Takeo.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Did Oda feel bad at the end?

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I haven't kept up with this show but I hope there is a twist where Yamato is revealed as a depraved serial killer and kills the best friend.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

:argh:

maybeflan
May 15, 2014
You're a monster, littleorv.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

littleorv posted:

I haven't kept up with this show but I hope there is a twist where Yamato is revealed as a depraved serial killer and kills the best friend.

I hope that she kills you instead

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I hope there is a twist where you watch the show, and enjoy it

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

DoubleDonut posted:

I hope there is a twist where you watch the show, and enjoy it

I'm catching up right now and I really like it. I just got distracted by other shows.

The show is ridiculously cute.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

If this isn't the face of a serial killer I don't know what is.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

please don't troll my only thread for a popular show littleorv

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

please don't troll my only thread for a popular show littleorv

I shall keep this thread updated on my Yamato is a serial killer theory

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

littleorv posted:

she bakes a cake but mistakenly uses bone dust from her victims instead of sugar

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Still lol'ing at Takeo running down the side of a mountain and saving his girlfriend and the food.

Edit: this show rules. Why was I watching Fate/Stay Night instead of this?

littleorv fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Jul 9, 2015

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Teaser for the live action movie, meh so far.

http://youtu.be/_AMjffgf05w

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Jul 9, 2015

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

littleorv posted:

I still believe Suna started the fire.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
It's too bad characters keep interacting with one another, it keeps ruining my theory that Suna is only in Takeo's head.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Suna automatically became the best person to me when he said he wasn't interested in girls at school because they were all were bad people that talked about Takeo behind his back.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
someone post the gif of oda munching down on popcorn with the :iamafag: face

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Oda is cool because he brought about this plotline. I still think Ai is too good for him though.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Stealing and sabotaging phones and lying to people crossed a line, but I think the show needed someone like him. There's only so much drama you can mine from "perfectly good people miscommunicate." Plus his plan didn't actually work, and it looks like they're already laying the ground for him to learn from his mistakes.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Suna automatically became the best person to me when he said he wasn't interested in girls at school because they were all were bad people that talked about Takeo behind his back.

That's the point when I realized that he wasn't just a disaffected jerk, and it was yet another one of those adorable heart melting moments.

God drat, this show is just too loving adorable, I have to chew on broken glass after every episode to jar myself back into reality.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
I rewatched all the episodes recently, and I swear I depressed myself as a result. Why can't I have an awesome friend like Suna, or judo a boar into space? Life is hard, man.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
The sad reality is that most (male) viewers aren't like Takeo, or Suna, but really the bunch of random friends Takeo has.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Fangz posted:

The sad reality is that most (male) viewers aren't like Takeo, or Suna, but really the bunch of random friends Takeo has.

In particular, the one who lent him a shojo manga.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Devil Tesla posted:

That was me.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
C-congrats, Takeo.

Jostiband
May 7, 2007

The Devil Tesla posted:

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I want a crossover between this show and Nozaki-kun

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Xelkelvos posted:

That would mean that they both exist in the same universe as Ao Haru Ride and Nisekoi, since Ore Monogatari has crossed over with those two series (in manga form, at least).

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i like to pretend JoJo is in the same universe too, because of that promo art

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

SUNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.gif

vivisecting
Dec 13, 2012

it's been 15 years but im still upset that yamato became an astronaut and yet absolutely no one joined the federation since thats actually more plausible than that ending

dogsicle posted:

this episode :qq:

oda confirmed as a good guy

...Really? Cause to me it looked like he hosed around for half a day and ruined an expensive trip for the rest of the group. Easily the worst two episodes of the series. Takeo was hella ooc ("Takeo, Yamato is missing!!!" "It's ok, lets go on these rides") and Oda straight up said he wanted onee-chan to confess so that she could get over him and he would have a shot with her. I was kind of hoping this series wouldn't have any shoujo logic.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
I hope Ai gets over Takeo someday but never does go out with Oda simply because he isn't her type.

sunburnedcrow
Dec 17, 2012

vivisecting posted:

...Really? Cause to me it looked like he hosed around for half a day and ruined an expensive trip for the rest of the group. Easily the worst two episodes of the series. Takeo was hella ooc ("Takeo, Yamato is missing!!!" "It's ok, lets go on these rides") and Oda straight up said he wanted onee-chan to confess so that she could get over him and he would have a shot with her. I was kind of hoping this series wouldn't have any shoujo logic.

Oda isn't a good person nor is he a bad one, he is just a huge jerk.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

vivisecting posted:

i felt like the show made him reasonably sympathetic and showed he wasn't entirely selfish. he obviously has some issues with boundaries and ends justifying means, but neither of those make me hate him and it's entirely likely they're mistakes he'll learn from. i also dont think he really ruined the trip.

e: i mean i'm not going to die on a hill for Oda, but the dude isn't a bad person and i thought the episode cleared up the worries people had about him. he's good enough.

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Jul 12, 2015

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Still better than the groper.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Suna needs somebody besides Takeo.

Suna is going to end up with Takeos little sister in 20 or so years.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

vivisecting posted:

Takeo going way out of his way to help a person, especially a friend, when they're so obviously having a bad time even he notices is kind of 100% of Takeo's personality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Cynic Jester posted:

Suna is going to end up with Takeos little sister in 20 or so years.

God I hatred KareKano's ending.

• Locked thread