Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

"Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you, Dog?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Knormal posted:

"Do you swear to tell the roof, the whole roof, and nothing but the roof, so help you, Dog?"

ftfy

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Knormal posted:

"Do you swear to be a good boy, a gooood boy, ooh such a good boy, so help you, Dog?"

ftfy2

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Is this for real?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

nothing on the internet is real

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The Saddest Rhino posted:

And nobody can tell if you are a dog.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Geodude is real, and strong, and he's my friend.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

SnowblindFatal posted:

Is this for real?

There's a video on youtube about such a thing, skip to about 4:30 for the swearing in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXj7Lc-y160

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

SnowblindFatal posted:

Is this for real?

Yes. If a dog tracks down a criminal or places a criminal at the scene of a crime using their scent, then the dog has to be "sworn in" for it to be submitted as evidence. Pretty sure its a hold over from the naval law that the US practices in all its courts because of the fringe around the flag. If they are not "sworn in" then their evidence should be thrown out. Also,

spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

http://internet.gawker.com/internet-racists-are-obsessed-with-nickelodeons-show-ab-1716108536 read the full thing if you want to break your brain (worth it)

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

FactsAreUseless posted:

well, anime is not real

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

The MSJ posted:

....well.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

There's a video on youtube about such a thing, skip to about 4:30 for the swearing in
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXj7Lc-y160

IS THIS FOR REAL????

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Nice.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
Racists complaining about racist fetish is pretty funny.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

You do it to yourself, you do.

ultrabindu
Jan 28, 2009

E:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

I bet that cat clawed the poo poo out of that boy after that picture was taken. That is one unhappy fuckin' kitty.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

What can he do, if he lets go of the cat the girl's gonna beat the poo poo out of him.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

The MSJ posted:

But I can tell you are being a little bitch.

(I am joking if you fuckers can'e tell)

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Knormal posted:

"Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, so help you, Dog?"

"Your honor, I move that this witness's testimony be stricken from the record. He clearly answered affirmatively when asked 'Who's a good doggie?' but I have here a sworn affidavit that he did, in fact, urinate on the carpet on May 14, 2014 only two days after it had been installed."

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

Obama parachute account spotted.

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

I'm afraid we have no time for codes and manners.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yes. If a dog tracks down a criminal or places a criminal at the scene of a crime using their scent, then the dog has to be "sworn in" for it to be submitted as evidence. Pretty sure its a hold over from the naval law that the US practices in all its courts because of the fringe around the flag. If they are not "sworn in" then their evidence should be thrown out. Also,

Submitted to a prosecutor who insisted on a written statement from EVERY officer involved

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Solice Kirsk posted:

Ha cha-cha-cha-cha!

God drat. A Jimmy Durante reference. Didn't expect that today.

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.

FLORENCE!

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

God drat. A Jimmy Durante reference. Didn't expect that today.

You must've missed this one. Made me guffaw. GUFFAW I TELL YOU.

John Big Booty posted:

Good night, Princess Calabash, wherever you are.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

is this like the incest subtext in Wizards of Waverley Place? (i.e. doesn't exist)

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Gentlemen... let's broaden our minds!

Music now stuck in head sucker

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

The last time this picture came around (last thread?) somebody posted a response about how the dog was staring down the person against which he (she? xe?) was testifying, but I forgot the exact words.

Rest assured, though, it was funny.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

captainOrbital posted:

The last time this picture came around (last thread?) somebody posted a response about how the dog was staring down the person against which he (she? xe?) was testifying, but I forgot the exact words.

Rest assured, though, it was funny.

"He looks so determined. 'You're going to loving jail Greg'".

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
drat, that was fast.

But seriously, though, gently caress Greg.

Dear Prudence
Sep 3, 2012

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Deteriorata posted:

"Your honor, I move that this witness's testimony be stricken from the record. He clearly answered affirmatively when asked 'Who's a good doggie?' but I have here a sworn affidavit that he did, in fact, urinate on the carpet on May 14, 2014 only two days after it had been installed."

"There's nothing in the rule book that says that a dog can't be a police officer!"

"I'll allow it!"

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Oh, what a thing, to be a modern day Cassandra who has discovered that a nickelodeon show conceals a secret plot to steal our pure, virginal white women. But no one believes him! Woe!

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

I googled the video. They have to swear into office. It wasn't a court trial. :(

I am a party pooper.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
They make bibles specifically without the book of Leviticus so that dogs can put their paws on the cover without violating.

Moon Potato
May 12, 2003

Bored posted:

I googled the video. They have to swear into office. It wasn't a court trial. :(

I am a party pooper.
Next you're going to tell me that he isn't being sworn in with a copy of Go Dog. Go!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

How the gently caress did you get a hold of my business card?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

Moon Potato posted:

Next you're going to tell me that he isn't being sworn in with a copy of Go Dog. Go!

No party hat 5/10

• Locked thread