Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Checked on the Milano clearance at my local Target last night, they marked the set up to $99.99 so when they "clearanced" it, its $69.99. A whopping $5 less than retail lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

The Rage posted:

Checked on the Milano clearance at my local Target last night, they marked the set up to $99.99 so when they "clearanced" it, its $69.99. A whopping $5 less than retail lol.

Yeah, same here. Still got it but felt just a little ripped off.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Just watched the designer video and that Ninjago temple set is one of the best things they've done in ages.
Fully intend to expand it into a walled garden

Readblood
Nov 9, 2005
The best part of the Ninjago Temple is that they kept the crazy to a minimum. No snakemen or robots in sight.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Readblood posted:

The best part of the Ninjago Temple is that they kept the crazy to a minimum. No snakemen or robots in sight.

I'm even more certain of my theory that they're taking the best Ideas suggestions and working them into existing themes.
I'd put money on the next modular being a museum.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Lizard Combatant posted:

I'm even more certain of my theory that they're taking the best Ideas suggestions and working them into existing themes.
I'd put money on the next modular being a museum.

Supposedly it's a flower shop with a greenhouse on the roof.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

PriorMarcus posted:

Supposedly it's a flower shop with a greenhouse on the roof.

Sounds cool. Where did you hear that?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Readblood posted:

:agreed: That is a really cool looking set. I wonder how that will sell, considering they are taking a theme that is pretty explicitly geared towards kids and making a really pricey thing that looks like it's meant to appeal to people that are buying modulars out of it. Like, did they even really need to include the ninjas? It would be fun to surround it in some plants and use it as a centerpiece.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

uXs posted:

:agreed:

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

uXs posted:

It's one of the rumours gaining traction on Eurobricks, etc. It's around this time last year that the Detectives Office started to be rumoured too so usually it's a pretty good bet that an inexplicably popular rumour is true.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Agreeing that Ninjago stuff in general sucks but that set looks rad and I might get it.

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO
There's also a rumour floating around that we'll get a UCS Hoth Base as our end-year Star Wars release. I dunno how likely that'd be, but Ewok Village was popular enough and with that Ninjago castle, well...

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Aaronicon posted:

There's also a rumour floating around that we'll get a UCS Hoth Base as our end-year Star Wars release. I dunno how likely that'd be, but Ewok Village was popular enough and with that Ninjago castle, well...

I thought there was still the Hoth/Echo Base out there, but apparently that was 2011.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

The_Doctor posted:

I thought there was still the Hoth/Echo Base out there, but apparently that was 2011.

Well you could be forgiven as no one bought it so it sits on toys r us shelves forever.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Hoth Base just doesn't seem distinctive enough, even at a UCS scale.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
It doesn't stop!

I genuinely think we're in for a whole line of Doctor Who sets here. There seems to be so much being made, including unique new moulds/parts that just a single Ideas set wouldn't suffice.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Scalpers are going to make these sets so hard to get. :cripes:

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

The_Doctor posted:

It doesn't stop!

I genuinely think we're in for a whole line of Doctor Who sets here. There seems to be so much being made, including unique new moulds/parts that just a single Ideas set wouldn't suffice.

I will order any and all Dr Who sets from Amazon ASAP even though I won't buy the base game, too expensive.
However, none of these Dr. Who sets show up if I search for Dimensions on Amazon.de or .co.uk. What gives?

OH MY GOD: If Lego Doctor 12 dies, he will regenerate from 1 through 12 again, you can play ALL the doctors with one figurine....

Hopper fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Jul 9, 2015

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Hopper posted:

I will order any and all Dr Who sets from Amazon ASAP even though I won't buy the base game, too expensive.
However, none of these Dr. Who sets show up if I search for Dimensions on Amazon.de or .co.uk. What gives?

They've literally only just been announced, give it time. The actual Dimensions portal doesn't come out till Sep 30th, so there's a few months to go.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Maybe even a Doctor Who Minifigs set like the Simpsons.

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

Potomac Mills lego outlet store has a stack of Friends and City advent calendars for eight bucks each. A bunch of Lego Movie sets (creative ambush and flying flusher) for eight as well. Plus a table more of assorted stuff marked down. Lots of Mixel bags, didn't get a look at which ones.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

The_Doctor posted:

It doesn't stop!

This is great and terrible for me at the same time. I'm not so much worried about the money aspect it's trying to find the room to put all of the potential Dr. Who sets. I guess my office would be a decent spot for more now.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
I love this Comic Con set they have this year

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire

ixnay posted:

I love this Comic Con set they have this year

I would love a trip report of any sad soul that is actually willing to wait in line for that or whatever. I want to hear what a life/soul draining experience that would be seeing how any Comic Con Lego exclusive goes for a redic amount of money on ebay so it is a no brainer for any reseller.

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

This would be a must-buy for me if the minifig had this emblem:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Some dude on reddit found this in a second hand shop:

Looks like he's missing the antenna but the flag looks pristine.

I'd fall over if I saw that sitting on a shelf in 2015.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Aaronicon posted:

There is a new video up somewhere on Lego's site that has a bunch of new Hoth Base stuff (ion cannon, base hangar door, etc) so I'd say it seems pretty likely

http://www.lego.com/en-US/mediaplay...owcontrols=true

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

xzzy posted:

That bastard, I'd kill for that baseplate. I bought most of set 6971 in a Goodwill auction for about 60$, but it didn't have the baseplates.

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/6971_Intergalactic_Command_Base

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I've got four or five of the baseplates still, but none of the sets that would have gone on top of them are complete. So I just use them to build random bases every so often.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Dogen posted:

There is a new video up somewhere on Lego's site that has a bunch of new Hoth Base stuff (ion cannon, base hangar door, etc) so I'd say it seems pretty likely

http://www.lego.com/en-US/mediaplay...owcontrols=true

Oh man I hope so. Hoth is the best. I have zero interest in the Ewok Village (well the minifigures are cool) but I might cave and get a UCS hoth set.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

xzzy posted:

I always wanted that set as a kid, so I ended up making the MOC equivalent at some point.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It was the first "big" set my parents ever bought me. I have almost all of it except for the really expensive bits.. the TV antenna is long gone and my flag is in two pieces.

The little train thing was a joke of a rail system but I was convinced it was the coolest feature ever and I wanted dozens of those "rail" pieces so I could build a longer one.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

The_Doctor posted:

There seems to be so much being made, including unique new moulds/parts that just a single Ideas set wouldn't suffice.

I would agree with you, but do you have any idea how much money Disney Infinity and Skylanders pull in? If Lego Dimensions is even half that successful each set will sell enough units to justify multiple unique molds. Not saying they'll do it, just saying it's not entirely out of the question. Either way it's clear that Lego is after that market in a big way.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That C3PO. :stare:

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

xzzy posted:

That C3PO. :stare:

"What C3-P- Oh my god"

Boz0r
Sep 7, 2006
The Rocketship in action.
I haven't had anything to do with Lego Technic for the last 15 years, but I want to build a motorized Gigahorse from the new Mad Max movie. Got any tips for which (available)models I should check out to get some huge wheels, 16 engine thingies, motor, and whatever else I'd need?

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Running a garage sale today as part of a citywide sale. 3 people have already asked me if I have any Legos. Yes I do, but not for sale.

Also what's the thread's opinion on the BrickFest show. There's one nearby this weekend but the $20 entrance fee is a bit steep if all i want to do is check out the builds and browse through the vendors.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
So they finally opened a Lego store in my town. I went down to check it out; it's been forever since I built anything and I'm planning on moving soon so I figure, eh, maybe pick up a couple minifigs, a polybag maybe, spend twenty bucks tops. Nothing that'll need to be taken apart in two months, etc.

I left with Birds. Super excited to build it too, it looks fantastic. :dance:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Boz0r posted:

I haven't had anything to do with Lego Technic for the last 15 years, but I want to build a motorized Gigahorse from the new Mad Max movie. Got any tips for which (available)models I should check out to get some huge wheels, 16 engine thingies, motor, and whatever else I'd need?

It's the wrong color but you could start with 2 Ghostbusters caddies.

I want to make the Elvis twin v6, best starting point is two hot rod 42022.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

neongrey posted:

I left with Birds. Super excited to build it too, it looks fantastic. :dance:

Birds is cool because it is really three mini sets. I still have to build the blue jay.