Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Need to also link 0-0Horray.jpeg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Yep still just your opinion which probably shouldn't be taken too seriously since I'm guessing you haven't seen anything resembling football for many years.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Rad Valtar posted:

Yep still just your opinion which probably shouldn't be taken too seriously since I'm guessing you haven't seen anything resembling football for many years.

:iceburn:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Scarf posted:

All the paper you can eat... That's the life.

A case study for better meal plans

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

vyst posted:

A case study for better meal plans

Isn't receiving food gifts a violation, did the NCAA violate itself by providing paper confetti

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Spintzel posted:

Isn't receiving food gifts a violation, did the NCAA violate itself by providing paper confetti

it depends on if their nutritional values can be considered high enough to be a snack or a proper meal!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

it depends on if their nutritional values can be considered high enough to be a snack or a proper meal!

"If sawdust is good enough for Treblinka, it's good enough for the training table. :colbert:" - Mark Emmert

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
That confetti was clearly meant for the Oregon players. Ezekiel Elliot is literally eating Oregon's lunch. That has to be a violation.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Michigan State 2015 National Champions of Our Heart and Soul

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Michigan State lost to the #1 and #2 team, meanwhile Ohio State lost to a bum rear end Virginia Tech squad. You decide

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Kyle Field's stands can't handle Darude.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Michigan State lost to the #1 and #2 team, meanwhile Ohio State lost to a bum rear end Virginia Tech squad. You decide

Sounds like Michigan State are frauds

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

If only they'd hit the exact structural resonance frequency and just brought the place down...

Scarf fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jul 9, 2015

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

SBN's Great Big 128 Team Preview hits Baylor after hitting OU yesterday and TCU tomorrow.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/7/9/8907421/baylor-football-2015-preview-schedule-roster

"Baylor is the reason OU and Texas aren't OU and Texas anymore." That's a fun sentence.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

We all knew Aggie would eventually destroy itself and its fans through architectural negligence. We've always known.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Raku posted:

We all knew Aggie would eventually destroy itself and its fans through architectural negligence. We've always known.

The beat of Sandstorm being at exactly a resonance frequency of the Kyle Field stands seems like an amazingly devious and deadly plot by a Longhorn architect.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Thoguh posted:

The beat of Sandstorm being at exactly a resonance frequency of the Kyle Field stands seems like an amazingly devious and deadly plot by a Longhorn architect.

Now we'll see who has the last laugh! http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2015-01-09/construction-worker-suicide-alabama-flag-texas-am-kyle-field-prank

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

Spintzel posted:

It is; back in '03, my then wife & I covered the check for 3 LSU players at a Waffle House on College Drive.

Zero fucks given.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Spiritus Nox posted:

SBN's Great Big 128 Team Preview hits Baylor after hitting OU yesterday and TCU tomorrow.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/7/9/8907421/baylor-football-2015-preview-schedule-roster

"Baylor is the reason OU and Texas aren't OU and Texas anymore." That's a fun sentence.

You could make the case that Baylor is the result and not the reason.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Spiritus Nox posted:

Baylor are really just kings of turd mountain right now with the conference in a slump. Couldn't beat UCF in a BCS game and couldn't make the playoffs. Smdh that they're the best of the big 12.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That's what I was saying And I don't think the kid will go to jail, I only brought it up because some other people did, including at least one person saying he SHOULD be (which is absurd since he's a first time offender). He needs counseling, probably anger management, he needs to do some community service, and hopefully he straightens up, flies right, gets a second shot, and excels

He's got some more supporters at least

https://www.change.org/p/florida-st...tter_responsive

I wouldn't mind it if he got reinstated after doing the counseling and community service but he's probably never going to wear a Fsu uniform.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

kayakyakr posted:

You could make the case that Baylor is the result and not the reason.

It's probably circular, to an extent. OU and Texas slump which allows Baylor (and TCU) to win more recruiting battles, which allows them to start winning more against OU and Texas, which allows the narrative to continue to trend towards "OU and Texas are slumping," which allows...

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jul 9, 2015

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

I don't have either.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Spiritus Nox posted:

It's probably circular, to an extent. OU and Texas slump which allows Baylor (and TCU) to win more recruiting battles, which allows them to start winning more against OU and Texas, which allows the narrative to continue to trend towards "OU and Texas are slumping," which allows...

But they're not outrecruiting them.

Even after a year where Baylor was clearly way better than both Texas and OU, they finished way lower than them in recruiting rankings: http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/teamrank/2015/all/all
This trend goes back a few years too.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Thoguh posted:

Guess we know what was playing last time they had a bonfire, too.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

JRizzle posted:

But they're not outrecruiting them.

Even after a year where Baylor was clearly way better than both Texas and OU, they finished way lower than them in recruiting rankings: http://sports.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/teamrank/2015/all/all
This trend goes back a few years too.

I didn't say anything about outrecruiting anybody, I said that Baylor is winning more recruiting battles against teams like OU and Texas (and others like TAMU) than it was in the lovely pre-Briles years, which is demonstrably true. I don't think Guy Morriss or whoever could get KD Cannon or Andrew Billings or Jarrett Stidham to come to Baylor.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jul 9, 2015

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

It's mostly just Briles and Patterson being great coaches and getting their systems perfected right when Mack Brown started getting lazy with recruiting and leaving the coffers bare for Charlie. I think it's pretty cool that Baylor and TCU have been playing well as of late-- now when Texas and OU get back to form, the Big 12 might get a little respect back.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

buddhanc posted:

It's mostly just Briles and Patterson being great coaches and getting their systems perfected right when Mack Brown started getting lazy with recruiting and leaving the coffers bare for Charlie. I think it's pretty cool that Baylor and TCU have been playing well as of late-- now when Texas and OU get back to form, the Big 12 might get a little respect back.

It'll be fascinating to see how long Baylor and TCU can sustain the kind of recruiting they're having right now if/when OU and especially Texas start consistently playing closer to their glory days, I can tell you that much. They'll be dangerous to actually play for as long as Briles and Patterson are at the wheel, but I'd be interested to get a clearer idea of just how much of their recruiting success has to do with UT's recent stumbles.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Jul 9, 2015

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Spiritus Nox posted:

I didn't say anything about outrecruiting anybody, I said that Baylor is winning more recruiting battles against teams like OU and Texas (and others like TAMU) than it was in the lovely pre-Briles years, which is demonstrably true. I don't think Guy Morriss or whoever could get KD Cannon or Andrew Billings or Jarrett Stidham to come to Baylor.

http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/RecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=TX

Baylor has 4 of the top 50, Texas has 13. It really comes down to the coaching.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
If Baylor would go ahead and go back to being Baylor that'd be awesome.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

JRizzle posted:

http://247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/RecruitRankings?InstitutionGroup=HighSchool&State=TX

Baylor has 4 of the top 50, Texas has 13. It really comes down to the coaching.

....That doesn't really change anything I just said, though? You wanna go back and tell me how many players in the top 50 Baylor pulled in in 2007 or so?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Thoguh posted:

If Baylor would go ahead and go back to being Baylor that'd be awesome.

Historical underdogs becoming nationally-relevant powerhouses owns. Who could be next? Wake Forest? Indiana? Or even... Iowa State??

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
Adidas announced new UCLA uniforms and surprise they look kind of lovely.

They got rid of the Clarendon font that literally everyone liked and thought looked great and went all-in on the chain-link fence Primeknit™ look.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

VDay posted:

They got rid of the Clarendon font that literally everyone liked and thought looked great and went all-in on the chain-link fence Primeknit™ look.

The fact that the pants don't match the gold on the helmet and jersey is really bad.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

VDay posted:

Not good, but not horrible. Was it UCLA Football or Basketball that had that one god-awful uni with an LA skyline on it?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

Spiritus Nox posted:

Not good, but not horrible. Was it UCLA Football or Basketball that had that one god-awful uni with an LA skyline on it?

It was football gloves that had the skyline, as part of the random LA Nights/Midnight set of one-offs that Adidas made, which were actually probably the best uniforms they made for us because at least you couldn't see their dumb barb-wire detailing that they're loving in love with for some reason.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Braxton Miller confirmed he's going back to Ohio State.

What in the world are they going to do with all of those QBs?

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious

Spiritus Nox posted:

....That doesn't really change anything I just said, though? You wanna go back and tell me how many players in the top 50 Baylor pulled in in 2007 or so?

They didn't pull any, but I'm saying is the coaching advantage probably has a bigger impact than just the few extra recruits they're getting over Texas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Those look like poo poo on so many levels. The alt black ones looked fresh but these are so bad.

• Locked thread