Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I'm in between games at the moment and can't decide what I want to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Also, I can kill you with my brain.

Inzombiac posted:

I ate too much pie.

One can never eat too much pie

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style
I loving hate most modern cutlery I see where the centre of mass is more towards the handle than the business end, because when I rest my fork/knife on the edge of the plate because I'm speaking to someone or whatever, half the time the loving thing see-saws up and off the plate, catapults a load of food all over me, and falls onto the floor.

Seagull Fiasco
Jul 25, 2011

This is a thread for me, I have so many first world problems.

Like how lovely it is when airports place security before each gate so that I can't bring my own bottle of water onto a longhaul flight and instead have to constantly bother the stewardesses.

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Had to drive to Taco Bell on my lunch break at work to get food. Received a free Dr. Pepper because person taking the order was old. Straw wrapper was damp from the cup when she handed it to me, so the straw didn't come out from the wrapper easily.

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Internet at work went down so I have to use data on my phone to look at SA

thewireguy
Jul 2, 2013
Biased definitely poss me off. The train runs on time, but no matter how much I memorize the schedule, how much earlier I leave, I always see it pulling off a block away or wait for half an hour. Nothing works. Now I just say gently caress it and bring a book.

thewireguy
Jul 2, 2013
Biased= busses

thewireguy
Jul 2, 2013

TINY T-REX ARMS posted:

Nine times out of ten, the only Youtube advertisement I get before a video is the loving Zoom Tan one. The music gets stuck in my head all day after that and I just have to wonder...who even stops someone on the street and compliments them on their tan? Who does that? What if the person is just one of those people that's a different race aside from white and you're too dumb to figure out what? (Although sometimes I look at a person and have to wonder exactly what ethnicity they are.)

It haunts me.

Also, I'm black. The gently caress do I need a tan for?

Yeah, I am a well hung skinny white guy, I don't need enlargement pills or weight loss ones.

thewireguy
Jul 2, 2013

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I am trying to answer questions about some case studies for class but instead I keep daydreaming about having a raygun

That is a legitimate use of your time.

thewireguy
Jul 2, 2013
I am waiting for my fencing class, but I am severely dehydrated and don't want to do the warm ups. Lets skip right to the sword fighting so I can go home and play with my 3rd.

thewireguy
Jul 2, 2013

Thin Privilege posted:

I really hate that fast food places like McDonald's and Wendy's serve breakfast menus. Why the gently caress can't I have a Big Mac or a chicken sandwich at 8am? Plus their breakfast items are always loving disgusting. I tried them and it's bread that tastes like styrofoam with some "sausage" that just tastes like solidified oil, and some "eggs" that are like fried vomit.

And then other places like Jimmy Johns aren't open till 11am or so. And then there's Corner Bakery, which actually makes good breakfast food, keeps changing their menu so now they don't serve ham in the morning (wtf??), only bacon, but I don't want loving bacon. I asked the lady if I could have ham instead and she said no. Come on, it's a piece of lunch meat, just take it out of the drat fridge! It's not like you have to cook it!

My friend flipped his poo poo when burger king wouldn't give him a slice of tomato for his biscuit in the morning. I had to drag him out.

thewireguy
Jul 2, 2013

Sanford posted:

There's too much crayfish in my crayfish salad. It's nice enough, but the last two forkfuls are going to be all crayfish and no salad.

I don't know what is wrong with you. :) one time I was at a crawfish boil and I was taking a leak, then noticed a slow burn emanating from my dick. People, wash your hands before you piss if you are ever at a crawfish boil.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
Some rear end in a top hat turned the fridge in our office way too low. I had to eat my salad have frozen and it was weird together with the room temperature avocado.

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

My bluetooth keyboard doesn't connect to my work laptop very well so that when I'm sitting at my drafting table about 5 ft from the laptop I get intermittent drops and connection issues.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i want to eat dinner but my face is still numb from the dentist

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
My family almost fell for an IRS-impersonator scam :shepspends:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I'm trying to write jokes but not having good ideas.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

I loving hate most modern cutlery I see where the centre of mass is more towards the handle than the business end, because when I rest my fork/knife on the edge of the plate because I'm speaking to someone or whatever, half the time the loving thing see-saws up and off the plate, catapults a load of food all over me, and falls onto the floor.

This poo poo but with cereal makes me so angry,

Good post.

Techno Remix
Feb 13, 2012

There's an IHOP just down the street that is not open 24 hours and it's tearing me up inside.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug

Techno Remix posted:

There's an IHOP just down the street that is not open 24 hours and it's tearing me up inside.

Imagine living in a first world country where literally no shop/convenience store/diner is open 24/7. Is it even allowed to be called a first world country then?

thewireguy
Jul 2, 2013

Helios Grime posted:

Imagine living in a first world country where literally no shop/convenience store/diner is open 24/7. Is it even allowed to be called a first world country then?

I don't think so. I think a metric of a modern city should be how much there us to do on the middle of the night. Here we have strip clubs and waffle house, but no public transportation.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Agreed to foster a Bengal cat who needs to be spayed, but since we're taking the last of our foster kittens to be spayed, no big deal, she can chill in another cat condo and we'll have a road trip. But the oval office who WAS fostering her didn't mention she's in heat. Vets here won't spay a cat in heat. So when we refused to take the cat, she got extremely pissy with us.

Why the gently caress doesn't McDonalds do whatever food you want, whatever time, like Burger King? I'm going to the latter more often because I can get loving fries at 4am.

I was setting up an appointment to meet someone to pick up fish, and asked if we could meet a little closer to me. The dude's reply was no, because he expected me to catch all the fish, bag and tag them, and then pay him for them. Sorry dude, when I sell fish I loving bag them for the people because that is loving nice to do.

I got my mom a chromebook for her birthday and a Kindle Fire for Mother's Day, so she can play her Farmville games without her old desktop. As far as I know she has yet to use the former and has used the latter once.

And it's all over Facebook, and one of the few radio talk shows I like that plays music too, will not shut the gently caress up about how 'PC loving crazy" the world has become, where you can't tell a gay person NO BECAUSE YOU'RE A FAG or say the N word without getting in trouble. One guy keeps harping that he respects Trump for refusing to back down or apologize; he doesn't like the dude's stance but finds it funny and loves that Trump is a proud racist. And in between sucking off Trump he whines how hard it is to be a straight white man and you can't point out the "freaks" anymore. Dude, shut the gently caress up and go back to doing funny impressions, I don't want to hear your poo poo about how being a rich white man is 'so hard in this PC liberal fucktopia.'

thewireguy
Jul 2, 2013
Dad listens to am radio talk shows and they drive me crazy.

Techno Remix
Feb 13, 2012

Helios Grime posted:

Hell, when I was doing my undergrad I was in a town where everything opened at noon and closed at 6 on Sundays, from the restaurants to the mall. That's no way to live. That whole area should've had Sarah McLachlan playing in the background at all times.

So to answer your question, no. That country should be close to losing its planet Earth status at that point.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I was in Buffalo years ago and it was like that. The entire area around the arena just shut down sometime between 7 and 10.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

We have a 24/7 McDonalds and our Tesco used to be 24/7 but is now merely open 6am-12am :(

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
All Trader Joes play this godawful 1930s/1940s music and it drives me loving insane. I've been to like 15 TJs and they all do it. Who decided that it was a good idea? Trader Joe himself or whatever his real name is? The one TJ near me was staffed by cool people and played normal music (like 80s/90s pop and rock) but last time I went they were playing that loving old timey music!!! Corporate must have come in and chewed them out. UghHhhh

Like this type of poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7NgX2FN6lg

I'm also upset that I spent 15 minutes trying to find the exact era of that type of music, and so I had to actually listen it on my own will and not forced on me by TJ speakers.

E: and now one of the songs is stuck in my head! Noooooooo

E2: :bang:

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 16:48 on Jul 9, 2015

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes
We connected a chromecast to the TV in the office but my phone won't detect it. I have no reason to use it, don't own one myself and have no intention of getting one but it irritates me that I can't connect.

I've read that using the TV USB port might not be supplying enough power, but if that's the case how exactly is it 'wireless' if you have to plug it into the mains to use it?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Wireless is an early grammatical mistake that just caught on. The proper name is Wirefewer.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
My doctor is half an hour late to my appointment that I don't have to pay for, and the music playing in the lobby isn't very good.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

nexus6 posted:

I've read that using the TV USB port might not be supplying enough power, but if that's the case how exactly is it 'wireless' if you have to plug it into the mains to use it?

It also only works if the TV has a true USB port. On a lot of TVs, that's actually just a "service port" and doesn't properly supply the volts and/or amps the Chromecast needs.

Sometimes I like to look through the entirety of the "For Sale" section of my local Craigslist just to see what wacky poo poo people are selling, and Hell, sometimes you spot something you didn't know you need/want for a good deal.

Except that I never want to see cars, car parts, car accessories, etc... (and ditto for motorcycles.) Craigslist really needs to implement some sort of filtering/smart search other than just keyword. Just have checkboxes for what categories you want to have listed. It's 2015, for gently caress's sake. I know that part of craigslist's charm is it's old-as-gently caress design and architecture, but there's something to be said for making at least a few strides in the name of usability.

Are there any third-party sites that basically do what I'm asking? Just pull all the data from CL, but present it in an actual easy-to-view and sort fashion?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
The lady I pay to clean up my apartment also folded the laundry I had hung out to dry, including my trousers.

I don't fold my trousers, I hang them in my closet. I feel terrible about un-folding the trousers to hang them, it means I'm wasting the work she did :(

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Ensign Expendable posted:

My doctor is half an hour late to my appointment that I don't have to pay for, and the music playing in the lobby isn't very good.

I have never once had a doctor's appointment at the time I was supposed to have said appointment. That's one of the ultimate first world problems, though.

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Helios Grime posted:

The Walmart by me closes at 10 PM, and by 10 they claim to "lock the doors so they can get everyone out" at 9:55. At least that is the BS they tried to feed me.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Helios Grime posted:

My historic hometown decided to indicate which businesses in historic downtown had nighttime hours by hanging big gaudy yellow OPEN LATE flags over their buildings. C'mon, it's a place trying to be quaint and charming to suck down tourist dollars. The locals know what's open after dark and what's worth visiting after dark.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I have never once had a doctor's appointment at the time I was supposed to have said appointment. That's one of the ultimate first world problems, though.

One time I went to the doctor and only had enough time to sit down and open the game I was playing on my phone before they called me back. I just wanted to play a few rounds of Crossy Roads (or whatever the gently caress it was at the time) before my checkup.

drgnwr1 posted:

The Walmart by me closes at 10 PM, and by 10 they claim to "lock the doors so they can get everyone out" at 9:55. At least that is the BS they tried to feed me.

A lot of stores around here will be open late or 24/7 but they'll close down one of their entrances "for safety reasons" and it's always the more convenient exit and it always gets closed mid visit, so you'll go in but you have to go out the far one :argh:

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Pillbug
Just to give you more insight in with what kind of opening hours I have to deal with here.
Mo-Fri: Stores not in Malls or at the trainstation open at 7:30AM and close at 6:30PM maybe 8PM if its a big chain shop.
Sat: Stores open at 8:30AM and close at 5PM .
Sun: Need food or something else? Better haul your rear end to one of the shops at the trainstation cause only those are open on Sunday, even the Malls close.

Stores at the station are open monday to Sunday from roughly 5AM to 10PM.

And this is not some podunk city. This is the loving capital city of Switzerland.

big parcheesi player
Apr 1, 2014

Helios Grime posted:

Just to give you more insight in with what kind of opening hours I have to deal with here.
Mo-Fri: Stores not in Malls or at the trainstation open at 7:30AM and close at 6:30PM maybe 8PM if its a big chain shop.
Sat: Stores open at 8:30AM and close at 5PM .
Sun: Need food or something else? Better haul your rear end to one of the shops at the trainstation cause only those are open on Sunday, even the Malls close.

Stores at the station are open monday to Sunday from roughly 5AM to 10PM.

And this is not some podunk city. This is the loving capital city of Switzerland.

Or one step further and you get a day off due to a national holiday so "I'm going to get some stuff done that needs to get done." Nope, everything else is closed for that same national holiday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

It's the last day of vacation and I miss my bird and am ready to go home but we are having filet mignon and king crab legs for dinner to celebrate the week and like hell I'm leaving early and missing out on that