Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

It does seem really weird to me that such a strong team-fighting champion has such amazing tower taking potential, when you look at like Tristana and her teamfight is pretty bad since her tower-taking is so strong. They usually make one or the other of those more of a core strength on a champion (Teamfight vs. Splitpush/Sieging.)

I mean yeah Jinx exists but she's been eating fight-nerfs recently.

The thing about Azir is since the soldiers are untargettable, you can only prevent the damage by not walking within x yards of Azir. You can dodge the sand soldier slide in but you can't dodge the sand soldier sitting in a choke point stabbing away. It doesn't feel like there's a lot of room for skillful play around a guy with invincible-pet zone control who can also janna ult himself and has a free-friendly-turret on command.

Removing the shield just tanks his survivability. I'm not sure making Azir squishier is the right answer here. He's already pretty squishy, blowing him up doesn't seem to be the big issue. Removing the knockup might make sense, because frankly there's too many loving knockups in the game right now and he has a knockup on his ult already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
one other thing i meant to say about azir - riot could actually fairly nerf him without even touching him. since s4 worlds, every meta assassin has been completely removed from the game. people in pro games especially can blind pick azir into any matchup because the type of champion that's meant to counter him has been completely loving rinsed.

if they un-did the retarded zed ult change and gave a bit of love to a few other assassins, there would be no way anyone would even think he'd need nerfing.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Vel'koz is the ultimate counter to (non-Easyhoon) Azir tyvm :colbert:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Did anyone try the river king yet?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Tired Moritz posted:

It's release day, so good luck. If someone doesn't dodge it's going to be instalocked by someone with a script.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Apparently there's a Zed bug that makes all of the minions spawn with half HP for the entire game. Interesting!! And devourer gives no attack speed when drinking a pot.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

exethan posted:

Apparently there's a Zed bug that makes all of the minions spawn with half HP for the entire game. Interesting!! And devourer gives no attack speed when drinking a pot.

When you are drinking a potion you have sated the devourer. No longer needing the blood it seeks, it rests.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Heard there is a bug where if Tahm eats a Gnar, Gnar's ult will be usable in mini-form.

Devourer not giving attack speed while drinking a potion has to be one of the most :riot: bugs since the rumble flamethrower on purple side doing less damage.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Tired Moritz posted:

He's an amazing support if people are good with him.

Slows plus a safety escape is all Jinx wants, really.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Devourer not giving attack speed while drinking a potion has to be one of the most :riot: bugs since the rumble flamethrower on purple side doing less damage.

I'm sorry that goes to

exethan posted:

a Zed bug that makes all of the minions spawn with half HP for the entire game

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

Gamerofthegame posted:

Slows plus a safety escape is all Jinx wants, really.

goddamn it gently caress jinx

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
have fun laning against tahm + kalista guys

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Yet another meta support that completely trolls Vi, the most fun champion in the gameTM

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I guess you could just ult the fish and punch him until he coughs up the prize

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Tired Moritz posted:

goddamn it gently caress jinx

rude

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

exethan posted:

I guess you could just ult the fish and punch him until he coughs up the prize

You can use his devour to break the ult after it already went off.

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Regular Penguins look just the same!

Flameingblack posted:

It's release day, so good luck. If someone doesn't dodge it's going to be instalocked by someone with a script.

Use teambuilder, since everyone wants to see the new champ in action.

Hes also the most troll champ in the game. His ult is annoying though for the same reasons as Thresh's lantern. The upside is, if you rage enough people will click it without realising youre taking them to the enemy's fountain.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
Actually, what happens if Tahm ults away while being the target of Vi's ult?

Gealar
May 2, 2013

TastyLemonDrops posted:

I would love to see her chase him as he swims to the new location, but he probably becomes untargetable or whatever after he dives.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

TastyLemonDrops posted:

Go find out for us and report back, tia.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Saith posted:

Use teambuilder, since everyone wants to see the new champ in action.

Hes also the most troll champ in the game. His ult is annoying though for the same reasons as Thresh's lantern. The upside is, if you rage enough people will click it without realising youre taking them to the enemy's fountain.

I've done this at the end of every game I played as him, he's amazing.

Edit: From what I've seen, the fountain turret always targets the person Tahm carried first so it's still possible for him to get away.

Ralepozozaxe fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jul 9, 2015

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Gealar posted:

I would love to see her chase him as he swims to the new location, but he probably becomes untargetable or whatever after he dives.

Using Zhonyas and going untargetable doesn't prevent the animation from fully completing so I still say do it and find out.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

So Devourer Yi is back in style in solo queue, get in on it before it gets nuked from orbit again.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Monathin posted:

So Devourer Yi is back in style in solo queue, get in on it before it gets nuked from orbit again.

Old Two Hat Lux

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Monathin posted:

lol deatchap Tahm Kench

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I posted that cap partially because for being a Really Bad Player my score with Yi there is stupid and partially because Two Hat Lux and One Hat Two Coats

team builder is a loving magical place

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Monathin posted:

So let me get this straight...a Yi was running around murdering everything and the only armor items were the bracer on the laser squid and tabis on Urgot?

That's...special.

KamikazePotato
Jun 28, 2010
Yi feels better with Sated Devourer but it's not nearly as much of a difference as people are going to make it out to be. He's still doing the exact same stuff he did before. It's still going to get kneejerk-nerfed into the ground though because that's what Riot does when people complain.

EDIT: As an example, look what they're already doing to AP Ezreal on the PBE even though they're changing Runeglaive at the same time

KamikazePotato fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jul 9, 2015

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
to be fair ap ezreal has always been able to do what he does right now its just now he gets to do it a lot sooner than he ever could have before

and yi getting an extra auto attack on every other hit is a lot bigger a deal than what you're making it out to be thanks to his true damage bullshit so ?????

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
also your "riot kneejerk nerfs everything" hypothesis is proven false by the fact that runeglaive got buffed this patch and nothing happened to ez despite everyone complaining about him

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Luna Was Here posted:

to be fair ap ezreal has always been able to do what he does right now its just now he gets to do it a lot sooner than he ever could have before

and yi getting an extra auto attack on every other hit is a lot bigger a deal than what you're making it out to be thanks to his true damage bullshit so ?????

And his passive
And the BotRK he'll builld

Dude uses a larger number of on-hit effects than you'd suspect, and doubling the amount he gets to apply is going to be insanely strong.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

yeah yi getting an extra auto attack for sated devourer PLUS his passive PLUS BoRK PLUS having a 50% attack speed boost on a core item you're getting anyway means a lot to Yi

getting to that powerspike takes some serious powering mostly because you need INSANE dragon control if you want that spike in time for midgame but this is a pretty hefty buff to yi's jungling

KamikazePotato
Jun 28, 2010
More damage doesn't change Yi's core glaring weaknesses that he has always had and always will. Sated Devourer isn't going to save you from a Malzahar or Amumu ult, it's mostly going to make bowling over squishies (that you would also have killed with Old Devourer) a little faster. It's a buff but it's not going to be freelo unless people just forgot how to play against Yi again, which they might have.

Luna Was Here posted:

also your "riot kneejerk nerfs everything" hypothesis is proven false by the fact that runeglaive got buffed this patch and nothing happened to ez despite everyone complaining about him

http://www.newsoflegends.com/category/2-pbe-news/

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Monathin posted:

So how exactly does sated devourer interact with Yi's passive?

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan
Holy poo poo that Eve nerf on PBE is gonna loving destroy her

Rito why

(also that change to ezreal is a net buff, not nerf. He doesn't delete people with Trueshot as hard but it's gonna be loving unbearable dealing with a Mystic Shot with a 0.8 total AP ratio)

EDIT: Nvm, Runeglaive's waveclear is getting smoked, ain't gonna make a difference.

KamikazePotato
Jun 28, 2010
Unless I'm missing something as far as Mystic Shot interactions go, the AP ratio is getting changed from .4 to .5, not .8

Transient People
Dec 22, 2011

"When a man thinketh on anything whatsoever, his next thought after is not altogether so casual as it seems to be. Not every thought to every thought succeeds indifferently."
- Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

KamikazePotato posted:

Unless I'm missing something as far as Mystic Shot interactions go, the AP ratio is getting changed from .4 to .5, not .8

I'm adding Runeglaive in. 0.5 ratio, plus 0.3 ratio on Runeglaive makes for a total of 0.8 AP on that super spammable poke. That's kind of tons of damage, even if it's not an AoE you can chuck out from three screens away.

Saith
Oct 10, 2010

Asahina...
Regular Penguins look just the same!
Oh Chogath you want to eat my carry do you?

Not if I eat her first. :getin:

KamikazePotato
Jun 28, 2010
That's not really any different from what Lich Bane already did for Ezreal's Q. Runeglaive's boons to AP Ez were waveclear and synergy with Luden's; one of those is gone and the other is getting removed soon, in addition to Trueshot Barrage getting a bunch of damage shaved off. AP Ez is going to end up weaker than he has before Runeglaive came out which is kind of a joke considering how unviable he was considered (and will be considered, if those changes go through).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I still want to try it out post nerfs because I think the rangers smite really helps Ezreal out a lot early game still.

• Locked thread