Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Ace of Baes posted:

Anyone have experience with 4ID3BDE?

That unit will be tons better than your current unit, dont worry, theres a distinctive culture there that has formed and remained strong that makes it better even though its comprised of the same jumbled group of retards moving around every three years as the rest of the military.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977

anne frank fanfic posted:

That unit will be tons better than your current unit, dont worry, theres a distinctive culture there that has formed and remained strong that makes it better even though its comprised of the same jumbled group of retards moving around every three years as the rest of the military.

Ive been at a unit where a core chunk of the unit had been there for 4-8 years, I have a support MOS so I guess a better question what to expect from an armor unit.

Crazy Mike
Sep 16, 2005

Now with 25% more kimchee.

Justin Tyme posted:

they might as well make the duty uniform for cav scouts be realtree because they're all loving the whitest of hicks, at least the infantry is mostly middle/upper middle class white boys and mexicans

With the amount of dip I see in the Army, it makes everyone look like hicks. Blows my mind that many officers dip. Y'all supposed to be aristocratic nobility above that redneck habit.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Justin Tyme posted:

they might as well make the duty uniform for cav scouts be realtree because they're all loving the whitest of hicks, at least the infantry is mostly middle/upper middle class white boys and mexicans

Woah. Where the gently caress did you grow up that anybody in the military are considered mostly middle/upper middle class?

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

not caring here posted:

Woah. Where the gently caress did you grow up that anybody in the military are considered mostly middle/upper middle class?

Maybe my unit was a fluke, but most all the dudes came from legitimately pretty decent backgrounds. That doesn't preclude them from being idiots; several were college E4s, one was an electrical engineer and another was a business major with a management background. Our unit (an infantry company in an airborne RSTA squadron) tended to be a dumping ground for RASP/SFAS flunkies, so that might have weeded out the undesirables a bit better.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
As far as I can tell my old infantry company in germany was half and half white/hispanic with a couple of black guys and one korean dude. White guys were about 30-40% hicks and the rest were just run of the mill middle class kids from suburban homes.

Bernard McFacknutah
Nov 13, 2009

not caring here posted:

Woah, you're all American, you don't have a proper class system.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Bernard McFacknutah posted:

Woah, you're all American, you don't have a proper class system.

Yeah we do

White with money > Asian with Money >white without money > everyone else > Indians go last

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Mike-o posted:

As far as I can tell my old infantry company in germany was half and half white/hispanic with a couple of black guys and one korean dude. White guys were about 30-40% hicks and the rest were just run of the mill middle class kids from suburban homes.

sounds about right. also every black dude in the battalion that was in a line company was either mixed or white washed spongebob

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

sounds about right. also every black dude in the battalion that was in a line company was either mixed or white washed spongebob

The rest were air tighting snowbunnies in the motorpool

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Found out my unit today, a striker BDE in the 2nd ID at Fort Lewis. Looks like I'll be heading to it's RSTA squadron I'm guessing?

edit: pretty happy with going to Fort Lewis, I was hoping to go to either Fort Lewis or Fort Carson if I didn't get Germany. The other OCS guys in my class weren't so lucky with their duty stations however...

Mustang fucked around with this message at 18:49 on Jul 8, 2015

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
That's a nice get, Lewis is the second most requested post, and there's a good reason for it.

I mean, army still sucks a fat dick, but it could be a lot worse.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

You (mostly) dodged the green weenie, this time around. It won't forget it, though.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mustang posted:

Found out my unit today, a striker BDE in the 2nd ID at Fort Lewis. Looks like I'll be heading to it's RSTA squadron I'm guessing?

edit: pretty happy with going to Fort Lewis, I was hoping to go to either Fort Lewis or Fort Carson if I didn't get Germany. The other OCS guys in my class weren't so lucky with their duty stations however...

hope you like rucking

also ranger school

also ARC, but that's a good school

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Hope you like working til 9 while all the admin and supply pogs get fat at the Chinese buffet place in Dupont when they get released at lunch.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
Also meet me at the front gate so I can drive up there and you can suck my dick from the back for joining the army.

Don't worry it's less gay than all the bullshit you'll be dealing with as an officer.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Mike-o posted:

Also meet me at the front gate so I can drive up there and you can suck my dick from the back for joining the army.

Don't worry it's less gay than all the bullshit you'll be dealing with as an officer.

QFT

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Mustang posted:

Which BDE? I mean, there are only two now, so there's a 50:50 shot of you winding up in my old unit.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

2nd BDE

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Well, uh, have fun in war crimes brigade lol

At least that part of post is all pretty and new.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Any of you poor saps spending your summer in Fort Knox with the future of our Army?

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

What's the deal with old infantry dudes online having a low opinion of ARC? I've heard nothing but good things about the course from people on post that have been to it.

I think something to do with the recon course being taken from the infantry and given to the cav? or something like that?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mustang posted:

What's the deal with old :qq:infantry:qq: dudes online having a low opinion of ARC? I've heard nothing but good things about the course from people on post that have been to it.

I think something to do with the recon course being taken from the infantry and given to the cav? or something like that?

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
As much as I hated being a scout, it made complete sense to give it to them. For reals, most of ARC is in scout OSUT, and the rest is taught at your first duty station. Well, so they tell me, I never went to scout OSUT. But you pick it all up in the day to day of being a big dumb scout.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

P. much this. Recon is not the infantry's job and never has been. No reason for them to get their lacey blue panties in a wad.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I use my blue chord as a g-string thank you very much.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

:wink:

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
http://www.armytimes.com/story/military/2015/07/08/glenda-lock-fired-mcdonald-army-health-center-investigatoin/29871027/

quote:

An Army colonel fired from her job in April tried to intimidate subordinates to bend the rules after a tape test found her to be overweight, according to an Army investigation.

The investigation also found that Col. Glenda Lock, commander of McDonald Army Health Center, fostered a "toxic" work environment. Her own command sergeant major described her as a "dictator," according to the investigation obtained by Army Times through the Freedom of Information Act.

Though Lock did have some supporters, many of the dozens of witnesses in the report portrayed Lock as an authoritarian leader and sometimes-abusive "bully" who decimated morale, citing several specific examples including belittling of subordinates and retaliatory reassignments.

"I am not a toxic leader. I have never been a toxic leader, and I will not become a toxic leader because I am not a toxic person," she said, according to the investigation.

'I cannot be in non-compliance'

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
So what did she really do and who did it piss off? That poo poo goes on all the time, no way that was the reason for a head hunt.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

It's like reading a Duffel Blog article.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

SumYungGui posted:

So what did she really do and who did it piss off? That poo poo goes on all the time, no way that was the reason for a head hunt.

Reads more like she was a lovely CO and that was the straw that broke the camel's back than she pissed on the wrong shoes

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Booblord Zagats posted:

Reads more like she was a lovely CO and that was the straw that broke the camel's back than she pissed on the wrong shoes

I will never stop saying this:

Good and bad leaders do dumb, questionable poo poo in equal measures. The difference is that the former don't get narced on by their soldiers.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Zeris posted:

I will never stop saying this:

Good and bad leaders do dumb, questionable poo poo in equal measures. The difference is that the former don't get narced on by their soldiers.

:agreed: just hoping it's that and not some weird good old boys thing where she's the same as her male counterparts, but because of :biotruths: she's seen as a bitch.

I've not seen it at the brigade level but I've definitely seen it at battalion.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

not caring here posted:

As much as I hated being a scout, it made complete sense to give it to them. For reals, most of ARC is in scout OSUT, and the rest is taught at your first duty station. Well, so they tell me, I never went to scout OSUT. But you pick it all up in the day to day of being a big dumb scout.

Has everyone forgotten RSLC is a thing?

Nimmy
Feb 20, 2011

Soon young Melvin.
Your time will come.

Wasabi the J posted:

:agreed: just hoping it's that and not some weird good old boys thing where she's the same as her male counterparts, but because of :biotruths: she's seen as a bitch.

Every commander is a total dick about height/weight. gently caress her for not upholding the standard that she's probably used to kick numerous soldiers out of the army in her career. I'm glad that whoever measured her didn't back down. Honestly, how hard is it even to maintain at her age after a lifetime of doing so? The bodyfat standard is probably like 30%.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Nimmy posted:

Every commander is a total dick about height/weight. gently caress her for not upholding the standard that she's probably used to kick numerous soldiers out of the army in her career. I'm glad that whoever measured her didn't back down. Honestly, how hard is it even to maintain at her age after a lifetime of doing so? The bodyfat standard is probably like 30%.

It's also true, though, that the height/weight and tape tests are loving stupid and slightly more accurate than broken clocks at determining actual fitness.

Suntan Boy
May 27, 2005
Stained, dirty, smells like weed, possibly a relic from the sixties.

Wasabi the J posted:

Hospital command is funky in a lot of ways. If you come at it like a normal command, you're going to make a whole bunch of doctors decide they don't really feel like dealing with Army bullshit anymore. Even potentially costing the Army doctors tends to draw all the nut-crushing powers MEDCOM can summon, and I'm guessing she made people cranky.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Justin Tyme posted:

Has everyone forgotten RSLC is a thing?

I was in 1st squadron, doing ARC and some other stuff, so we were pretty close to 3rd, who I never heard of actually conducting support for RSLC, so in answer to your question: yes.

Maybe they did do it every so often but I didn't hear about it.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Suntan Boy posted:

Hospital command is funky in a lot of ways. If you come at it like a normal command, you're going to make a whole bunch of doctors decide they don't really feel like dealing with Army bullshit anymore. Even potentially costing the Army doctors tends to draw all the nut-crushing powers MEDCOM can summon, and I'm guessing she made people cranky.

this right here

medical command is really weird in a lot of ways

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

It's like the army actually realizes that docs, nurses, and PAs can walk out and be essentially guaranteed a job as a civilian, almost no questions asked. I'm just a little surprised that they actually realized this.

• Locked thread