Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

im sure it wasnt that uncommon a haircut for 88.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's not an uncommon hairstyle for high school delinquents/bikers, that's like half of the reason Josuke was designed with that hairstyle in mind.

soapydishwater
Feb 11, 2013

definitely not cleansing

tiistai posted:

Yeah, as far as I know the tl is good, but the perfectionist in me wants to know for sure because I'm neither experienced at Japanese to English nor a native speaker in either language.

Seems like it's good enough though, it's on Batoto now minus the extra pages.

I checked over it and it looks great. Pretty much exactly how I'd translate it (as a native English speaker). Nice job for a first real attempt.

soapydishwater fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Jul 8, 2015

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012
Obviously its Jos2uke who helped Josuke

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Just to be clear, I know it wasn't Josuke and I'm not saying I wanted it to be Josuke. Sorry if this keeps coming up or something, I just thought it was weird.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Just to be clear, I know it wasn't Josuke and I'm not saying I wanted it to be Josuke. Sorry if this keeps coming up or something, I just thought it was weird.

Don't worry, the only reason why it always comes up is because it sticks out to most readers.

The only problem I had with the guy from the past is that I wanted to believe Josuke had that haircut even as a baby.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I didn't choose the thug life, the thug life chose me.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Id be incredibly down for a readalong, Ive actually never read the retranslation of 4 and this would give me a good excuse.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Araki once said that Okuyasu was going to have the pompadour, but he gave it to Josuke instead because he figured it would make Okuyasu too much of a ripoff of Kuwabara from Yu Yu Hakusho.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

Normie Slayer posted:

Araki once said

If you have to say this, consider checking your facts first.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Araki said I'm his favorite poster in this thread.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Ryaomon posted:

If you have to say this, consider checking your facts first.
I am Araki.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Araki said all of you can s my d

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

Araki said I'm his favorite poster in this thread.

FirstAidKite posted:

I can confirm both of these

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

My uncle works at Araki and he says that Giorno was actually in Florida, but you have to use Strength on the truck to find him.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

My uncle works at Araki and he says that Giorno was actually in Florida, but you have to use Strength on the truck to find him.

fake, strength only works on boats

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Waffleman_ posted:

But Forever was already dead at this point!

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

FirstAidKite posted:

Style your do?

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

But Forever was already dead at this point!

but he wasn't dead...forever

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Sekkira posted:

Style your do?

Good, that hairstyle is so lame.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Good, that hairstyle is so lame.

gently caress you say? poo poo I can't see my keyboard dhajskdf

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
I picked up Pat Metheny's Still Life album at the local Goodwill, and Last Train Home is so loving good straight off the album.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

Waffleman_ posted:

gently caress you say? poo poo I can't see my keyboard dhajskdf

so mad he forgot what typing were

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so
Hello JoJo thread, I just finished the anime a couple weeks ago and now I can't get enough of these big burly men punching and posing. I dipped my toes into Steel Ball Run a bit when the show was still going since that seemed like a fresh break and I didn't want to spoil the ending of Part 3 by going straight to 4, but when the anime ended I put that on halt and read all of Part 4 in two days or something because it was absolutely brilliant.

Now that I'm (steel) balls deep I suppose I might as well keep going straight onto 5 and on until I'm all caught up. I'd just like some clarification on which translation of Vento Aureo to read (and I'm sorry to bring this up again, but I read through the thread and am still a bit confused) - is the JoJo Project one the best one? I grabbed a PDF batch from somewhere to read on my phone and the translation quality has seemed alright to me so far, but I'm only about two volumes in. I think I'm going to go ahead with Part 5 regardless, but I'd just like some clarification on which scans to avoid and which to get.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Official JoJo Twitter account keeps alluding to some event on 10/24. my delusions are telling me part 4 anime will be announced there :shepface:

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jul 9, 2015

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Very excited to hear about the all-new Jojo ova where the stardust crusaders go to the hot springs.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Very excited to hear about the all-new Jojo ova where the stardust crusaders go to the hot springs.

For real though if Araki contributed and they made some silly OVA's for in between arcs of them having little adventures that would be DOPE

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Honestly I would eat that poo poo up.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Only if at the end it cuts to DIO's even grander bathhouse.

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
I'll take anything. Animate the drat novels if you want, just give me more Jojo!

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
actually, why DONT they animate the Jorge Jostar novels? Seems like a no brainer

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

I asked my friend who knows a decent amount of japanese to take a crack at the tweet to see if any details are revealed:

quote:

[Tomorrow's deadline] For the October 24th conference special event, ticket deadline is 7/10, 6pm. 1 Blue-ray and DVD is enclosed (or per person, this one was hard and could go different ways). Everyone, please don't forget.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Race Realists posted:

actually, why DONT they animate the Jorge Jostar novels? Seems like a no brainer

You need to understand something to animate it.

I'd be surprised if DiU isn't confirmed by then or exactly then.
The final blu-ray is out by then too.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Lots of burly butts? I'm in.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Forktoss posted:

Hello JoJo thread, I just finished the anime a couple weeks ago and now I can't get enough of these big burly men punching and posing. I dipped my toes into Steel Ball Run a bit when the show was still going since that seemed like a fresh break and I didn't want to spoil the ending of Part 3 by going straight to 4, but when the anime ended I put that on halt and read all of Part 4 in two days or something because it was absolutely brilliant.

Now that I'm (steel) balls deep I suppose I might as well keep going straight onto 5 and on until I'm all caught up. I'd just like some clarification on which translation of Vento Aureo to read (and I'm sorry to bring this up again, but I read through the thread and am still a bit confused) - is the JoJo Project one the best one? I grabbed a PDF batch from somewhere to read on my phone and the translation quality has seemed alright to me so far, but I'm only about two volumes in. I think I'm going to go ahead with Part 5 regardless, but I'd just like some clarification on which scans to avoid and which to get.

better translation's only done up through the first few fights (it stops halfway through man in the mirror) so you're pretty much stuck with the old bad ones after that. last time i went through part 5 i just used what's up on batoto and it was fine, don't know if you can batch download from there or not. if you get burned out on part 5, part 6's translation's better and part 5's pretty much self-contained so if you feel like skipping ahead you won't miss much plot-wise

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Here's a not blacked out version of the chart I just put in the anime thread.

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

Forktoss posted:

Jojo Project are the good scans up until the point where they died. I can't make any objective claims about Jojo's Colored Project translations which come after that but some people don't like their typesetting or the colored scans in general. At any rate, they're less than 1/3 of the way through part 5 so far and then from that point on the only available translations are the old scans (unless you are multilingual) and those have the same problem as Invincible Trio except worse in that the translator isn't actually literate in Japanese and makes poo poo up constantly. As a result, pretty much nobody who read Part 5 in English likes or even understands what happened in it.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

If we believe hard enough all of the parts will get official translations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

JJCA's translation seems to be okay across the board. They're the only dudes to get DiU's ending right and seem to recycle other translations too though.

Their typesetting around the end of last/turn of the year has taken a turn for the worse, with them abusing gradient fills and specific fonts for characters. Giorno always speaks in some weird serif font and often has a black and gold gradient behind it.

Invincible Trio's translation is really just turning Duwang into legitimate English, but Duwang was sorta accurate if you could make sense of it. That's not to say IT is especially good, but it's better than Part 5's butchered job of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
The first woman Johnny gets close in the whole story, he immediately starts to unbutton her top. drat, I guess it's JUST his legs that don't work.

Aaand things quickly get even more uncomfortable.