Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

redbackground posted:

I can't stop playing this game with the Zur-En-Arrh skin. Thank you whoever approved that decision.

I thought the skin wasn't out yet? Or is there a mod like the free roam one?

Also I never touched the multiplayer. I'm generally a solo player.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Aquasnake posted:

I thought the skin wasn't out yet? Or is there a mod like the free roam one?
It's not out officially, but the skin is already sitting in the PC files (it appears to be the only one, too). It's not a mod skin, either, it was made by Rocksteady and somehow ties in with WBPlay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMlyZJByYw4
Just follow the instructions in the info section. You just overwrite one text file with another, really. Couldn't be simpler.

That guy also has a look at the low-res city beyond the playable area, and there's some interesting things tucked away back there (wayne manor, a football stadium, the super-low-poly asylum, the royal hotel from origins, etc).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kdq4oTf2rgU
(skip the batmobile section at the beginning (so about 8 min in), and just start skipping ahead every so often as it can take awhile to get to locations, there's no reason to sit through the entire thing)

redbackground fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jul 9, 2015

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Funky Valentine posted:

Fixable:

- Harvey
- Harley
- In theory, Riddler. In practice, he thinks he fixed himself.
- Bane (already done)
- Mad Hatter. For the schizophrenia part. The pedophilia not so much.

Not Fixable:

- Joker
- Ra's, by extension Talia
- Firefly
- Pyg
- Killer Croc

There's nothing wrong with you mentally, why the gently caress do you keep getting sent to Arkham:

- Penguin
- Black Mask

Why are you even called a villain at this point:

- Catwoman
- Mr. Freeze

Joker has been fixed (temporarily) 3 times that I know of, and basically the solution is get rid of Batman. In Going Sane he mortally wounds Batman and leaves him for dead in a river, starts living a normal life, get's a steady job, a girlfriend, and while he's still got issues that crop up briefly like PTSD he's drat close to normality for a bit there. Semi-Fixed in DKR, at least catatonic is an improvement over mass murderer imo so probably not really. There's another comic that I don't remember the name of or the exact details because someone just told me about it or I read it in a wiki but something/someone removes meta human powers, and oddly this causes Joker to become stone cold sane and massively remorseful for all the poo poo he's done. I think that might connect to Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth when one of the psychologists theorizes that Joker posses hyper-sanity and his actions are the only acceptable way to act in a modern, urban environment like Gotham.

But yeah, he's not legit fixable, I doubt any of them are due to comics but I'd say Harvey, Harley, and Nygma have the best shots.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Nygma was fixed for years. (5 years to be exact.) Probably the only villain I can think of that reformed for longer (and still is reformed) is the Pied Piper. He was still Nygma and by extension an egotistic rear end in a top hat, but he was on the right side of the law during the many years he worked as a detective.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jul 9, 2015

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Brightman posted:

Joker has been fixed (temporarily) 3 times that I know of, and basically the solution is get rid of Batman. In Going Sane he mortally wounds Batman and leaves him for dead in a river, starts living a normal life, get's a steady job, a girlfriend, and while he's still got issues that crop up briefly like PTSD he's drat close to normality for a bit there. Semi-Fixed in DKR, at least catatonic is an improvement over mass murderer imo so probably not really. There's another comic that I don't remember the name of or the exact details because someone just told me about it or I read it in a wiki but something/someone removes meta human powers, and oddly this causes Joker to become stone cold sane and massively remorseful for all the poo poo he's done. I think that might connect to Arkham Asylum: A Serious House on Serious Earth when one of the psychologists theorizes that Joker posses hyper-sanity and his actions are the only acceptable way to act in a modern, urban environment like Gotham.

But yeah, he's not legit fixable, I doubt any of them are due to comics but I'd say Harvey, Harley, and Nygma have the best shots.

Martian Manhunter also got into his mind and fixed him briefly (like, two panels). He said it was like trying to hold back a tidal wave. And yeah, Joker was really remorseful and wondering what the hell he had been doing all these years.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Calaveron posted:

Martian Manhunter also got into his mind and fixed him briefly (like, two panels). He said it was like trying to hold back a tidal wave. And yeah, Joker was really remorseful and wondering what the hell he had been doing all these years.

Pretty sure that was during Morrison's JLA, and it was a really effective little sequence.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Oblivion4568238 posted:

I think I remember hearing some Militia chatter afterwords that she had her escrima sticks in the wheelchair when she got grabbed, so even when getting kidnapped she probably still knocked out several Militia.

Because they are indeed morons for not standing 12 feet away and using comic book style sleep darts.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

MonsterEnvy posted:

Nygma was fixed for years. Probably the only villain I can think of that reformed for longer (and still is reformed) is the Pied Piper. He was still Nygma and by extension an egotistic rear end in a top hat, but he was on the right side of the law during the many years he worked as a detective.

I really need to read more Riddler stuff, not even sure if there's a collection of it or if it's just a bunch of incidental stuff going on in various issues. He was sorta the focus in Year Zero and I found that interesting but wished it had done more with him.

nekoxid
Mar 17, 2009

redbackground posted:

It's not out officially, but the skin is already sitting in the PC files (it appears to be the only one, too). It's not a mod skin, either, it was made by Rocksteady and somehow ties in with WBPlay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMlyZJByYw4
Just follow the instructions in the info section. You just overwrite one text file with another, really. Couldn't be simpler.

That guy also has a look at the low-res city beyond the playable area, and there's some interesting things tucked away back there (wayne manor, a stadium, the super-low-poly asylum, the royal hotel from origins, etc).
(skip the batmobile section at the beginning (so about 8 min in), and just start skipping ahead every so often as it can take awhile to get to locations, there's no reason to sit through the entire thing)

On that freeroam video, at 24:30 that looks like the upcoming DLC area (well an ultra low res version)! Or at least it looks similar to the one from the Batgirl DLC trailer.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
PC version fixed yet? Last time I loaded it, frame rates went to poo poo in the Batmobile on my 970 GTX

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Y'know it's funny, I wish they had carried over from the comics that the Riddler actually does already know who Batman is. In the comics he figured it out a long, long time ago, but Batman was able to egg him on and get him not to tell anyone by saying that a riddle everyone knows the answer to is worthless. So, he knew the Riddler wouldn't be able to bring himself to tell anybody because "who is Batman under the mask" is like the ultimate riddle.

redbackground posted:

That guy also has a look at the low-res city beyond the playable area, and there's some interesting things tucked away back there (wayne manor, a football stadium, the super-low-poly asylum, the royal hotel from origins, etc).

Wow, they modeled practically the entirety of Arkham City including the bits of exploded Wonder Tower :psyduck:

This series continues to astound with its increasingly pointless super detailed skyboxes.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jul 9, 2015

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
So what's the deal with Angry Joe? I noticed people seemed kind of blase about his Arkham Knight hate, but I haven't really seen any of his stuff.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

89 posted:

PC version fixed yet? Last time I loaded it, frame rates went to poo poo in the Batmobile on my 970 GTX
Still just the one AO/rain patch.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

So what's the deal with Angry Joe? I noticed people seemed kind of blase about his Arkham Knight hate, but I haven't really seen any of his stuff.

Angry Joe is angry, and is/was part of Channel Awesome, that place ran by the Nostalgia Critic. That's really all there is to him.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Angry Joe is a bad critic who isn't really worth caring about in positive or negative ways.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

People have already reached acceptance with Batman: Arkham Knight.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

CJacobs posted:

Y'know it's funny, I wish they had carried over from the comics that the Riddler actually does already know who Batman is. In the comics he figured it out a long, long time ago, but Batman was able to egg him on and get him not to tell anyone by saying that a riddle everyone knows the answer to is worthless. So, he knew the Riddler wouldn't be able to bring himself to tell anybody because "who is Batman under the mask" is like the ultimate riddle.

Wow, they modeled practically the entirety of Arkham City including the bits of exploded Wonder Tower :psyduck:

This series continues to astound with its increasingly pointless super detailed skyboxes.

willing to bet the Wonder Tower bits are related to Ra's Al Ghul, at least. Seeing what happens post-Talia should be interesting.

With that loving football helmet he has, it'd be a waste if a Prometheus battle didn't take place in that football field.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Hulk Krogan posted:

Yeah I agree. the intent is clear but they didn't entirely pull off the execution.

I got a kick out of hearing the militia dudes say stuff like "Batman's used to dealing with petty criminals, he has no chance against hardened soldiers like us!" because it makes sense, but at the same time, whenever I heard that I would go and lay down a vicious rear end whooping, so...

You can also overhear a conversation at one of the watchtowers where one soldier complains about sitting around on guard duty when he thought he was going to get a shot at killing the bat. Another guard says "this IS how you take out the Bat. You own the skies, and he has to fight on our terms, where we have the advantage." Again, cool bit of writing but it kind of doesn't have the same impact when you're overhearing this conversation from an overheard beam, which you just reached by gliding over like it it's no big deal. So much for controlling the skies.

It probably wouldn't have been a bad idea to have more of those militia drones flying around, or give the turrets on the watchtowers a bigger field of fire so that the player actually feels constricted when trying to fly/grapple around. As it stands you're really not impeded at all.

Keeping people in the city would have increased the stakes by enabling hostage situations and making militia confrontations more meaningful. The evacuation wasn't necessary for gameplay purposes since the military occupation would have explained why citizens weren't on the streets.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
lol did I say something in this thread to get this avatar because if so I have absolutely no idea what it was.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

It's pretty amazing either way. I'm gonna guess it was the guy who wrote gamedevfanfiction.txt

EDIT: not the text part.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Not me. I've brought one custom avatar, and that was to warn people off of a Putin apologist in DnD.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jul 9, 2015

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

Chasiubao posted:

It's pretty amazing either way. I'm gonna guess it was the guy who wrote gamedevfanfiction.txt

EDIT: not the text part.
He didn't even seem that mad at me. I have literally no idea where it came from.

edit: guess I'll ask a mod about it, super weird.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

theflyingorc posted:

edit: guess I'll ask a mod about it, super weird.

I don't think they have access to that kind of information.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

redbackground posted:

I don't think they have access to that kind of information.
*shrug*

I dunno, it might just be a really dumb person's interpretation of this post:

theflyingorc posted:

lol

just to reiterate, the problem is that a person in a wheelchair is not equipped for combat with a supervillian who has likely subjected her to psychotropic chemicals

but yeah, no clue.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
Surly the World's Greatest Detective™ can figure this one out.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mogomra posted:

Surly the World's Greatest Detective™ can figure this one out.

... are you saying it was The Joker?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Batman's the Joker?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I just finished regular game. (not 100% everything.) Should I assume that Knightfall Protocol Involves 100% everything including Riddler?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Yes. Good luck :suicide:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

CJacobs posted:

Yes. Good luck :suicide:

Nope. gently caress that. Just Youtubed it. A little curious who/what that was at the end. (Spoiler it for me if you wish...)

Also I loving would love that a few years from now, someone does a Batman game that sort of mimics the Dark Knight Returns. Underground Batman. Older, Guerrilla style. Maybe something kind of Assassin's Creed meets Arkham. A network of Bat-Gang. Etc...

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Feenix posted:

I just finished regular game. (not 100% everything.) Should I assume that Knightfall Protocol Involves 100% everything including Riddler?

There's two endings, one for getting everything but the Riddler and one for getting everything and the Riddler.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

muscles like this? posted:

There's two endings, one for getting everything but the Riddler and one for getting everything and the Riddler.
If it works, that is. I had to do all of Riddler's poo poo to initiate Knightfall.

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

Feenix posted:

Nope. gently caress that. Just Youtubed it. A little curious who/what that was at the end. (Spoiler it for me if you wish...)

Also I loving would love that a few years from now, someone does a Batman game that sort of mimics the Dark Knight Returns. Underground Batman. Older, Guerrilla style. Maybe something kind of Assassin's Creed meets Arkham. A network of Bat-Gang. Etc...

After around 210 riddler trophies I just youtubed it. I would have been pissed off if I had 100%'d for that.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Feenix posted:

So would that mean that this would be a bossfight? Sign me the gently caress up.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
My motivation for getting 100 percent is to wipe that smug face off Riddler. People who did it was it worth it? (Gettting all Riddler trophies to stop him)

Cuz Arkham Asylum it was worth it because you hear officers coming in to arrest him.

City, you loving slammed his face in and made him pretend that the bomb attached to him was gonna go off.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Shindragon posted:

My motivation for getting 100 percent is to wipe that smug face off Riddler. People who did it was it worth it? (Gettting all Riddler trophies to stop him)

Cuz Arkham Asylum it was worth it because you hear officers coming in to arrest him.

City, you loving slammed his face in and made him pretend that the bomb attached to him was gonna go off.

You punch him in the face multiple times.

Catwoman shows up, and she punches him multiple times. Then she and bats have a bittersweet farewell :smith:

Batman gets at least one sweet burn on Nygma, and then he's in the cell with the other villains so that's more conversations to overhear.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

89 posted:

Turning off game works fog or smoke or whatever helps some people. Batmobile was the only choppy part of the game for me and doing that fixed it. I think when you burn out or drift the tire smoke is too much in its lovely unoptimized state.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Joker talks so much poo poo about Batman's parents. That final fight where he talks about how he's dancing on their grave had me in stitches.

Interestingly enough, you can choose not to kill Penguin at the end when you're playing as the Joker.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Jul 10, 2015

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I don't get why people are so adamant about not doing the Riddler stuff. In City I remember it took me a few days of hunting since there was a million of them and you also had to use Catwoman and the game didn't come out over summer. This game took me a couple hours to round up all the of the Most Wanted's left after I finished the main story. Now granted, I did all the side quests to the best of my ability as they opened up in the main story. Still, it wasn't a big deal to me. I mean it's one thing to not have interest, but the vocal minority's response is like gently caress THIS, NOT A CHANCE, I'M GOING TO YOUTUBE!

Seeing the extra map is pretty cool. Surely related to the upcoming DLC. The trailer has me pretty excited to play as Barbara. More Dual Play is always welcome. Fingers still crossed on Nightwing, Robin, and Catwoman not ending up like Harley and Jason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Joker talks so much poo poo about Batman's parents. That final fight where he talks about how he's dancing on their grave had me in stitches.

Interestingly enough, you can choose not to kill Penguin at the end when you're playing as the Joker.

You can also shoot the Riddler's head instead of blasting the cop. You have to kill Two-Face though. MORAL CHOICES v:v:v

• Locked thread