Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
It's a pity the few well known thief characters in Marvel are all under Sony control as part of the X-Men and Spider-man contracts, because reading up on Ant-man has enamored me to the idea of a Marvel movie that isn't a superhero film, but instead a film following some thieves pulling a heist, Ocean's 11/Italian Job style, on a known Marvel character, where the heroic figure only appears for a few minutes total at best. Black Cat or Gambit leading a team or z-list comic thieves on a heist to steal from Tony Stark or SHIELD could be cool as hell. I suppose they could do it on the Fantastic Four instead, but Sony don't seem to have quite the touch with films that Marvel has at the moment. Not to say they're perfect, but they're at least always entertaining action films.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Isn't The Hood still owned by Marvel? I remember him being pretty lovely, but he's a thief. I think.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gyges posted:

Do you get angry at the thought of Miss Japan?

Then again 1/2 French may be a bridge to far for a Greek national ninja linked tightly to a Japanese demon cult.

First up i like asian girls... women are women, and hot is hot. They have picked her based on something i assume, so i can live with it without bitching. But she's supposed to be Greek, that sticks in my craw a little bit.

I'm sure she'll do fine...

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Yeah well Daredevil is supposed to be American and they got a Brit playing him so gently caress this show

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
RIGHT! and Shane's playing Punisher... gently caress this show ... as the say in Canadia, I'm OOOT

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Gyges posted:

Isn't The Hood still owned by Marvel? I remember him being pretty lovely, but he's a thief. I think.

He had a really good solo series, and would work very well as a film villain, I think. He was just wasted by latter-day Bendis and AFAIK hasn't really popped up in anything in years.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

Mu Zeta posted:

Yeah well Daredevil is supposed to be American and they got a Brit playing him so gently caress this show

same but unironically but about the hellblazer movie.

e: but the inverse of nationalities

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Rocksicles posted:

First up i like asian girls... women are women, and hot is hot. They have picked her based on something i assume, so i can live with it without bitching. But she's supposed to be Greek, that sticks in my craw a little bit.

I'm sure she'll do fine...

You known she's mixed European right. I mean she doesn't look Greek but she doesn't look she's from China or Japan.
Indians play Arabs all the time in Hollywood for example. I don't think Red from Orange is not black has Russian ancestry either.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Kurtofan posted:

You known she's mixed European right. I mean she doesn't look Greek but she doesn't look she's from China or Japan.
Indians play Arabs all the time in Hollywood for example. I don't think Red from Orange is not black has Russian ancestry either.

Mulgrew is not a very slavic name, no.

Also all the Mexican and Chinese actors who played Native Americans back in the old cowboy movie days.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Kurtofan posted:

Yeah i know, shes French/Cambodian... there are plenty of French/Cambodians in Cambodia. Same with Vietnam. I'm just being a twat.
Silks.. or body armour is the next question.

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007

Colonial Air Force posted:

Mulgrew is not a very slavic name, no.

Also all the Mexican and Chinese actors who played Native Americans back in the old cowboy movie days.

I don't know if how Hollywood cast Native Americans in the past should be held up as anything good, haha.

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.
It's possible they just straight-up made the character half-Japanese.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

BlackJosh posted:

I don't know if how Hollywood cast Native Americans in the past should be held up as anything good, haha.

Wasn't my intention, I was just mentioning it off-hand.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Periodiko posted:

It's possible they just straight-up made the character half-Japanese.

This would be an interesting angle and might explain why Elektra fights with Japanese weapons... Not that you have to be Japanese to use sai...

I know nothing about Elektra that wasn't in the DD film or the horrible Elektra spinoff from that. I actually forgot that movie existed for a minute.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She doesn't have to be Greek, it's not really important.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Aphrodite posted:

She doesn't have to be Greek, it's not really important.

I wouldn't be if they hadn't already referred to her as "that Greek girl" in the show.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That can be anyone though.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

So like are people mad that Charlie Cox is an English actor playing an American?

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
He's white so it doesn't count

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Greek people are white too.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Snak posted:

I wouldn't be if they hadn't already referred to her as "that Greek girl" in the show.

"You're Japanese? I thought you said you were Greek?". " No, I said I was a GEEK what are you deaf AND blind???". Problem solved

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Some people were mad Superman isn't American.

Medullah posted:

"You're Japanese? I thought you said you were Greek?". " No, I said I was a GEEK what are you deaf AND blind???". Problem solved

She ate gyros a lot and Matt just assumed.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Jason Mantzoukas for Elektra.

We know he loves Daredevil and he's greek.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Snak posted:

Maybe they weren't referring to her nationality

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Azhais posted:

Sold.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Azhais posted:

Hilarious. But also they could have been referring to her nationality and not her ethnicity. I assume Asians can be citizens in Greece.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
Problem is pretty easily solved if she's biracial, which is a real thing that really happens.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
She's also biracial in real life

Azhais posted:

I don't get it. Does Greek means something else in English.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Jul 9, 2015

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It means anal.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Having watched half a season I have to say I really dig the show. Wilson so far is exactly the way I imagine him. And pretty much any scene with him is perfect.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

HIJK posted:

Problem is pretty easily solved if she's biracial, which is a real thing that really happens.

Especially since her father is an ambassador, giving him plenty to reason to visit or live in other countries for long periods of time.

packsmack
Jan 6, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

I don't get it. Does Greek means something else in English.

The other poster meant that she is "that greek girl" because she is in a greek class. Not necessarily that she is from greece.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
"I meant I was in a sorority, you moron!"

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Gaz-L posted:

"I meant I was in a sorority, you moron!"

Pledging Psi Psi Psi as a legacy.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

jscolon2.0 posted:

Pledging Psi Psi Psi as a legacy.

*thunderous applaud and hoots*

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I'm going to have to hire Murdock and Nelson to fight the injustice of this thread not being Netflix Marvel: Daredevil "Avocados at Law", aren't I?

CarlosTheDwarf
Jun 1, 2001
Up shit creek.
Electra is going to be so annoyingly cliche isn't she. Are they going to flirt while they fight?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

CarlosTheDwarf posted:

Electra is going to be so annoyingly cliche isn't she. Are they going to flirt while they fight?

No, that was the Affleck movie.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

CarlosTheDwarf posted:

Yes this is definitely a thought that would go through my head after the first season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

CarlosTheDwarf posted:

With Seesaws and Basketballs, ideally.