Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Fathis Munk posted:

I think that every journalist taking reddit as a source should just get unceremoniously fired. :colbert:

I cringe whenever I read a news story that says "according to reddit user...".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Fathis Munk posted:

I think that every journalist taking reddit as a source should just get unceremoniously fired. :colbert:
Calling them journalists is being a bit generous, don't you think?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Yeah I guess. Reminds me if the "relentlessly gay" story that everyone picked up and then a week later went "uuuh actually it turns out that may not have been true."

No fucjubd poo poo you idiots. I guess I should just be happy that at least some of them retracted their poo poo.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Fathis Munk posted:

Yeah I guess. Reminds me if the "relentlessly gay" story that everyone picked up and then a week later went "uuuh actually it turns out that may not have been true."

No fucjubd poo poo you idiots. I guess I should just be happy that at least some of them retracted their poo poo.

Journalism is fuckin' easy. Yeah, let's just run these stories straight from the Internet and do absolutely no fact-checking whatsoever. No need to call the guy up and ask to see the rat he got from KFC, or get a statement from the lawyer he says he has, or talk to the manager that supposedly identified it as a rat. Oh and if you do call him and he won't show you the "rat" for some reason, just run the story as if it is a rat.

Same deal with the "relentlessly gay" yard, chief. Don't interview neighbors, don't ask for the letter, just run it straight off the Internet. Oh and if you do call and they won't show you the "anonymous letter" for some reason, just run the story as if it really happened (this one is great because when actual journalists did in fact start asking questions, the owner of the gay yard got really defensive and kept saying "the police are satisfied with me so leave me alone.")

GOTTA STAY FAI has a new favorite as of 12:46 on Jul 7, 2015

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I remember the "Million Little Pieces" author got outed as a fraud when he got really defensive about his booking photo that supposedly should have existed from his arrest.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

clearly does not understand no strings attached

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Just popped up on facebook even though it's from 2014

http://fox13now.com/2014/11/21/find-cash-on-your-windshield-heres-why-you-really-dont-want-to-grab-it/

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

A new spin on an old gang initiation ritual. The crooks kill you when you get out of your car and take your dead body with them to the gang tribunal as proof of completion.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Postal Parcel posted:

A new spin on an old gang initiation ritual. The crooks kill you when you get out of your car and take your dead body with them to the gang tribunal as proof of completion.

No, it's just a Christian tract disguised as a fake bill.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

He didn't actually figure out her plan or anything, he just turned her down because her vagina feels like a fish.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Pretty sure I would notice money on my windshield before I even got in my car. TAKE THAT GANG MEMBERS

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Is it the 90's again? Should I start checking gas pump handles for AIDS needles again?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I like the idea that a carjacker is willing to lose $100 for something he could easily do 100 other ways for free. If you're gonna be that brazen why not just yank them out of their car?

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Ratjaculation posted:

or condoms

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Woudl you use a condom to have sex with a fish???

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

sweeperbravo posted:

Woudl you use a condom to have sex with a fish???

Clamydia

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Seems to me like any random person walking by could grab that hundo no problem.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I did get a legit warning from our school's police about that scam once, only the thing taped to the windshield was a note about how someone had dinged your car, something which you are far more likely to get out and look at.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

:golfclap:

Every time I see one of those dumb "police chief warns about crazy new gang ritual" things, I miss my grandma and her forwarded emails. :(

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Ratjaculation posted:

do these people just not understand what paternity tests are

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

corn in the bible posted:

do these people just not understand what paternity tests are

All women are evil whores out to steal his precious cum.

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
<:mad:> Any chance of a summary?

Desk Lamp
Jun 30, 2014

Double Plus Good posted:

Some Redditor posts STDH for internet points, it gets picked up by a bunch of sites as news, and then the real story makes everyone who jumped on the bandwagon look like huge assholes.

Actually, dude didn't order anything, the cake was made by a volunteer for a non-profit organization that makes free fancy cakes for sick children!

Such as

and, oh look

Making up stories for karma or whatever is already lovely, but turns out it's extra lovely when a volunteer organization actually doing some good in this world is collateral damage in your stdh-crafting!

(to be fair, yeah, it's an ugly cake, but it's still pretty impressive and I'm sure the child who received it for free thought it was awesome for the 10 minutes before it was eaten and enjoyed)

I applaud the baker for volunteering her time and effort for a good cause, but her laundry list of reasons for the cake turning out the way it did reads like STDH itself.

Nyarai
Jul 19, 2012

Jenn here.

Splicer posted:

<:mad:> Any chance of a summary?

It was the first sadbear, but from the woman's perspective. "My coworker in IT introduced me to Reddit/IMGUR. I posted some nudes on there. etc etc"

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Nyarai posted:

It was the first sadbear, but from the woman's perspective. "My coworker in IT introduced me to Reddit/IMGUR. I posted some nudes on there. etc etc"

The "woman"

quote:

And you men - I would like to respond to your messages but you don’t give me much to work with. Here are some topics that are more likely to illicit a response from me: pinball tips/tricks, beer suggestions (especially IPAs), your idea of the perfect sandwich, and/or pics of puppies/kittens. Also, wit is a virtue.

Pretty sure its just two lonely redditor dudes trying to run a desperate scam for internetpoints.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Does this guy not realize iMacs play games perfectly fine?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

NESguerilla posted:

Uuh everyone knows all true gamers use Windows. People who buy macs clearly are dumb gently caress idiots :rolleyes:

Zaphod42 posted:

The "woman"

Pretty sure its just two lonely redditor dudes trying to run a desperate scam for internetpoints.

Why would they even be 2? I guess it's just one dude who's super proud of his brilliant idea that has totally never been done before, no siree.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

NESguerilla posted:

"There are barely any titles out there! Why, there are only 4,237 OS X titles on Steam, and it's impossible to run Windows software on a Mac!"

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
I think the whole PC vs Console argument might be the most annoying one I've ever heard. Even moreso than Android/iPhone.

Who caaaaaaares

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

MindlessHavok posted:

I think the whole PC vs Console argument might be the most annoying one I've ever heard. Even moreso than Android/iPhone.

Who caaaaaaares

It's even worse than the console wars back in the day.

Then:
"WELL WE HAVE MARIO!"

"gently caress YOU, SONIC IS COOLER!"

Now:
"I CAN PLAY SKYRIM WITHOUT TYING UP THE COMPUTER, NERD!"

"YEAH BUT DOES YOUR CONSOLE VERSION ALLOW FOR JIGGLY TITS MODS? I THINK NOT, FAG"

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Fathis Munk posted:

People who buy macs clearly are dumb gently caress idiots :rolleyes:

This is true, but not for those reasons.

Source: Typing this post on a Mac :suicide:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

It's even worse than the console wars back in the day.

Then:
"WELL WE HAVE MARIO!"

"gently caress YOU, SONIC IS COOLER!"

Now:
"I CAN PLAY SKYRIM WITHOUT TYING UP THE COMPUTER, NERD!"

"YEAH BUT DOES YOUR CONSOLE VERSION ALLOW FOR JIGGLY TITS MODS? I THINK NOT, FAG"

Except back then 8 year olds argued about this stuff and now it's adults.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

NESguerilla posted:

Except back then 8 year olds argued about this stuff and now it's adults.

This plus everyone knows Sonic is cooler

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

MindlessHavok posted:

This plus everyone knows Sonic is cooler

Sonic is for furries.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Fathis Munk posted:

Why would they even be 2? I guess it's just one dude who's super proud of his brilliant idea that has totally never been done before, no siree.

Well now I feel dumb. :doh:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Nostradingus posted:

Sonic is for furries.

Another problem with 8 year olds that are obsessed with this stuff growing up to be adults that are obsessed with the same.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

NESguerilla posted:

Mac does have some (hideously overpriced) middle-tier hardware that'll run most modern games in its lineup, but the iMac is not one of these products.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

The White Dragon posted:

Mac does have some (hideously overpriced) middle-tier hardware that'll run most modern games in its lineup, but the iMac is not one of these products.

Sure it is. Core i5, 8GB ram, and a high end laptop graphics card in the regular 23" model. It won't run the games on high.

• Locked thread