Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Fhate posted:

He got blasted apart by a quincy arrow and hasn't appeared since, alive or dead, nor has anyone mentioned him or taken note of his absence. This happened the first time they appeared, by the way, and they have since retreated and attacked again, but Kira is still probably rotting in a ditch somewhere, being missed by exactly nobody except possibly other characters who have fallen off the face of the earth (Mashiro says hi...or rather she would if she still existed).

Who is this 'Mashiro' you speak of? Is she a friend of this so-called "Chad" person?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Trying to compare Mashiro to Chad is honestly a little insulting to Chad. She's a second stringer from a group of second stringers. There was at least a time where Chad was important and relevant, I can't say the same for Mashiro.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND posted:

How many people do you think Aizen could kill with his testicles alone (if the rest of him was completely bound up and covered by special reiatsucuck fabric)

Also what would shunsui say as he pulled off the bit to expose the jewels

a compliment presumably.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Did the new chapter get posted yet?
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Bleach/Bleach-634--Friend-004?id=235206

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Holy poo poo manga panda has gotten insufferable to navigate again.

Open new link: sent to iOS popup to App Store
Go back click page 2: sent to iOS popup to App Store
Go back click page 3: sent to iOS popup to App Store

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Farewell Quincy Renji, we'll never forget you. Wait, was this a diagonal slash?

At least we can take solace in that taking kill count into account he did attain his goal as being one of the strongest Quiny ever.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Kubos fights have been all over the place, but this ones pretty cool. I think cutting off Bazz B's arm and having it spinning backwards cutting a tower down with the energy he had in his fingers was very nicely conveyed sense of action, and the ending was also good. Some of his fight panels are pretty sloppy but I liked this one

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Kubo has style, he can make pretty good fashion and character models, but he has no sense of pace and he just replaces characters with clones of themselves every arc. The world seems way too tiny for what it is.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Jerkface posted:

Kubos fights have been all over the place, but this ones pretty cool. I think cutting off Bazz B's arm and having it spinning backwards cutting a tower down with the energy he had in his fingers was very nicely conveyed sense of action, and the ending was also good. Some of his fight panels are pretty sloppy but I liked this one

That sounds cool but I didn't notice it happening because I am skimming these chapters at best. Kubo's art is good but agh I just don't care. I'm sure some people do because they have decent character designs, but I don't know why we're supposed to care about these characters.

Piriwi
Feb 20, 2006
It's probably just an info dump on quincy and YWACH powers. Maybe Ichigo is also a blank.

Or maybe it's some kind of Ichigo/Ishida stand-off foreshadowing...

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

So what's the money on him getting revived at the last second by Ichigo and Co.?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Jiro posted:

So what's the money on him getting revived at the last second by Ichigo and Co.?

Nil probably. They don't even know he's turned on Ywach.

Amorphous Blob
Jun 26, 2009

by Lowtax

(and can't post for 2 years!)

Piriwi posted:

Maybe Ichigo is also a blank.

Only his personality.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Isn't Mashiro the one where she was supposed to be really powerful but actually no it doesn't work that way and your mask falls up lol get chumped?

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

That sounds cool but I didn't notice it happening because I am skimming these chapters at best. Kubo's art is good but agh I just don't care. I'm sure some people do because they have decent character designs, but I don't know why we're supposed to care about these characters.
We're supposed to care about them because generic flashback with generic relationship revealing generic archetypes. Basically, we're not. You can summarize everything revealed in the last three chapters with a sentence for each.

Great art but dumb flashback with the same resolution. Rather see great art used on actually advancing the plot.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Stalwart Guardian of the Lewd
flashbacks are generally lazy/bad writing anyway.

Sue
Apr 1, 2008

When will Aizen be back?

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Sue posted:

When will Aizen be back?

When were you under the impression that Aizen left?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Spiderdrake posted:

Isn't Mashiro the one where she was supposed to be really powerful but actually no it doesn't work that way and your mask falls up lol get chumped?
She was an awesome Kamen Rider-type character too, and the "You can wear your mask the longest, but also if you use your mask to fight then it doesn't last that long" excuse was such complete and utter bullshit.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

She was an awesome Kamen Rider-type character too, and the "You can wear your mask the longest, but also if you use your mask to fight then it doesn't last that long" excuse was such complete and utter bullshit.

:agreed: that was a big disappointment.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

It was even dumber because the context they brought it up in was trying to get Ichigo to keep his mask on while everybody beat on him. Then it turns out it was just for sitting on your rear end wearing a mask.

Then it turned out the mask power was dumb for everyone.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Mashiro was awesome and I was ready for her and Kensei to become the best characters and then Kensei ended up being a huge dork and she got to do all of nothing except job and I cried in my room.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The Vizard were a waste of potential all round. And now they are all either dead or irrelevant. Some more so than others.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

The best thing is the excuse was whipped out either to have kensai bankai job (wtf?) or to keep from explaining wonderweiss' powers. Except since Wonderweiss was engineered to fight Yamamato, it was entirely reasonable for him to chump some characters then release. She could have just lost the fight, but Tite got bored. He literally got briefly excited to flop out a bankai, then just wet farted Kensei off the page. I think he put more effort into the joke chapters with the tiger espada who turned into a big balloon animal then died.

Oh and then we had a chance to show her teaching Shuhei how to bankai by beating the poo poo out of him but nope instead Ichigo running for 50 chapters.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

All of Ichigo's running was offscreen.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The Vizard were a waste of potential all round. And now they are all either dead or irrelevant. Some more so than others.

Is the one who got cut in half still cut in half?

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Postal Parcel posted:

No.

Fhate
Feb 15, 2007

"Appended to its own quotation is false" appended to its own quotation is false.

Postal Parcel posted:

Nope, she's fine. :thumbsup:

The injuries people survive in this are pretty funny, ghost body science or no. I want to see a character get literally ground into a fine paste then fed to a pig and crapped into a bucket of acid but somehow survive. Just show up in the very next chapter, completely healed, with no explanation at all.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I liked this flashback. I don't really care about BazzB, though learning a bit more about the only Quincy with an actual kill list was pretty okay. The main reason to care about the flashback was Hashwald, he's made it clear that he's planning a coup and at least now the reason is not just "I want to be th Ywach instead of the Ywach."

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
I just reread the whole flashback and it's not bad all together but it's pretty painful that this was a month of Bleach and we accomplished no more than another author could have accomplished in six pages.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Darth TNT posted:

I liked this flashback. I don't really care about BazzB, though learning a bit more about the only Quincy with an actual kill list was pretty okay. The main reason to care about the flashback was Hashwald, he's made it clear that he's planning a coup and at least now the reason is not just "I want to be th Ywach instead of the Ywach."

His reason is the much more original "You killed my family."

... Or ghost family? I'm still not sure if the quincy flashback stuff is in the real world or double spirit world.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Fhate posted:

The injuries people survive in this are pretty funny, ghost body science or no. I want to see a character get literally ground into a fine paste then fed to a pig and crapped into a bucket of acid but somehow survive. Just show up in the very next chapter, completely healed, with no explanation at all.

Didn't about three-quarters of that already happen to Mayuri?

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Tunicate posted:

Didn't about three-quarters of that already happen to Mayuri?

It's his bathing ritual.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

Sue posted:

When will Aizen be back?

he's literally back already. and I wish he never existed.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

I'm pretty sure they forgot Aizen downstairs

Streyr
May 14, 2006
Penguin God

Fhate posted:

Didn't that happen to some of Aizen's underlings back in Hueco Mundo by Yammy and Hime just retconned them back together?

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends

slev posted:

The most Kubo thing imaginable is if he's done for the rest of the series. He smugly defeated faceless mook monsters that were introduced the same chapter they were defeated, then he jobbed out and was forgotten.

Long live Tite Kubo.

nehezir
Aug 9, 2011

slev posted:

I could have sworn he came up on the elevator with them.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
Aizen is there. It was heavily implied he would take over as Soul King, though it will probably have some huge negative like being stuck in a jewel and having no arms or legs.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Batmasterson posted:

Aizen is there. It was heavily implied he would take over as Soul King, though it will probably have some huge negative like being stuck in a jewel and having no arms or legs.

As opposed to having legs and arms and being stuck to a chair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
It's a really comfy chair though.

• Locked thread