Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

Normie Slayer posted:

Wait, do log rides and Pompeii at Busch Gardens count as water slides or roller coasters, because I'm scared of those too.

You mean flumes like Splash Mountain? I think those fall under roller coasters. Water slides require bathing suits and some have inner tubes like the Splatfest illustration.

I only like flumes and wussy rides, so I'm on team water slide. Can't wait to play for the losing team again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oopsie rock
Oct 12, 2012

Astro7x posted:

Hell Yes! And to clarify, it's actually all day 7/18 in EST. Midnight to Midnight. Don't confuse people

Splatoonus tumblr says: "The Splatfest will begin on Friday, July 17th at 9:00 PM PT and will end on July 18th at 9:00 PM PT. Thrill seekers rejoice!"

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

lots of water rides actually run on tracks to prevent the carts from flipping over and whatnot so the situation is murky at best. like the water in a water park after 10000 fat people lounge around it all day

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

I wish this was a weapon in Splatoon, had a lot of fun with it when I was a Boy Scout.

Jarogue fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jul 9, 2015

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Guys this splatfest is literally the answer to the question "are you a kid or are you a squid"

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Awesome! posted:

lots of water rides actually run on tracks to prevent the carts from flipping over and whatnot so the situation is murky at best. like the water in a water park after 10000 fat people lounge around it all day

Hmm. I think if a ride is on a fixed track and is propelled by powered elements other than the lift chain, then it is not eligible to be considered in either category of this Splatfest. Many flumes do admittedly fit this description, and therefore should not be considered one way or the other.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Jarogue posted:

I wish this was a weapon in Splatoon, had a lot of fun with it when I was a Boy Scout.

They should release it with the unused Headdress hat.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Alxprit posted:

Next Splatfest: Roller coasters vs. water slides. Takes place June 18th I guess?

Me reading this. You mean I actually have to choose this time???? Geez.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So what about watercoasters?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-pUbmI4fadk

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

thats a water slide

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

yeah thats totally a water slide. if youre not on rails, and are on water, its a waterslide. its not complicated.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
I'm curious what Europe will get. The same thing would be pretty ok.

I hope it's not Dogs vs Cats, because after how onesided it was in US, it would be even more lopsided this time around.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
I bet Callie is team roller coaster.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

One of the milk ghosts is in on a tube raft having fun so I think those count. Please stop trying to lie to people if you prefer rollercoasters.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I wanna vote for the side that will piss off the most goons so please keep telling me your preference thanks

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I think most goons are fine with both really. I know the only reason I'm not a fan of Coasters is due to my crippling fear of heights.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
HOLY BALLS YOU CAN SQUID JUMP AS THE KRAKKEN

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Do lazy rivers count as water slides? Because that would push me over to team Waterslide, otherwise I can't really decide.

Bruceski posted:

Captain N the Splat Master, as mentioned earlier in the thread.

Captain N had the lame red zapper. So you'll have to wait for the N-Zap '89 to come out.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Trent posted:

Welp time to stop using stealth jump, this will be fun

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Trent posted:

Doesn't that make you spend most of your kraken time airborne? Or does it not count?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

I think that would be a funny way to kill someone camping your landing target, but you would have to get pretty lucky and you would be more likely to just waste your special.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

LethalGeek posted:

I wanna vote for the side that will piss off the most goons so please keep telling me your preference thanks

i dont think anyone cares what you do

ParTwo
Mar 5, 2013

I'm making it rain-Bo!
This is an infinitely harder choice than the last splatfest.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Lemming posted:

I bet Callie is team roller coaster.

Picture background colours. Marie is rollercoasters, Callie is waterslides.

Unless they swapped the colours around just to fool us.

Shame EU's probably going to get another boring one :(

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
There's an Inkling font now.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I have no idea how to choose between two equally awesome things that are also represented by good colors.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

I think it's team coaster for me because it looks like the shirt is green and water parks are full of urine.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm gonna go with Water Slides, they're a bit faster to get on to repeatedly and you feel fresh during and after it. Roller Coasters are still great, tho.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Bread Set Jettison posted:

I think it's team coaster for me because it looks like the shirt is green and water parks are full of urine.

Urine mixed with chlorine is why your eyes burn in the pool.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

Lemming posted:

Urine mixed with chlorine is why your eyes burn in the pool.

Urine among... other things, you mean.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Cedar Point gave me a love for roller coasters, so that's what side I'll pick.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
I can't decide this time around, I'm slightly leaning towards water slides. Therefore, I will simply choose whatever my waifu is representing, and fight for her honor.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Waterparks > Regular themeparks

Cause waterparks usually don't have have massive lines and if they do there's stuff you can do that has no line period. No I'm not afraid of heights and thus utterly horrified by roller coasrers. Honest, really, why are they so high

ElMaligno posted:

Me reading this. You mean I actually have to choose this time???? Geez.

Oh so that's what that one emote is supposed to be.

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man

Poultron posted:

I can't decide this time around, I'm slightly leaning towards water slides. Therefore, I will simply choose whatever my waifu is representing, and fight for her honor.

This is actually the only correct choice this time.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Woo! Team Waterslide! Rollercoasters are just awful.

Holepunchio
May 31, 2011
I think Rollercoasters are going to take it by a landslide.

But I prefer waterslides so I'm going to fight for the losing team and miss out on some sea snails. Guess I'm going to have to write screed upon screed about how this dumb children's game is a dumb children's game.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The main thing Nintendo royally hosed up on is not allowing you to create teams with your friends on non-ranked matches.

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
I don't think that's a gently caress up so much as a conscious decision to avoid new players hopping on and getting stomped. So instead they said "We'll give you 'til August to get good, then come the premades."

More likely, the were saying "Yeah, we can probably have that feature working by August. Release now!" and wiping off sweat.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Waterparks are more fun but Roller Coasters have Roller Coaster Tycoon which lets you fling patrons into lava.

Tough call.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Water Slides are way better since its the Summer.

• Locked thread