Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

Foehammer007 posted:

dead most went to BOS

Either that or they moved to Thera and got sucked into nothingness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
BOS? How did they die?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Artificer posted:

BOS? How did they die?

By being suas-less and useless

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Artificer posted:

BOS? How did they die?

they got booted from GSF for some raisin

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

Foehammer007 posted:

to be fair, its not hole squad anymore, its blackops. Look at the member list, hmu

It's SIGNIFICANTLY less racist.

I'm proud of that. :unsmith:

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

scandoslav posted:

While this is unquestionably a good thing that is not a particularly high hurdle to have cleared. basically this is 'I didn't trip on the curb' :sun:

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

RhoA posted:

Either that or they moved to Thera and got sucked into nothingness.

Countdown until Hole Squad becomes the OSS wormhole corp:

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
but then what will goons bitch about :saddowns:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Real chat it would be nice if CCP didn't make pos roles so loving gay and you wouldn't need a new alliance or corp or whatever to participate in wormhole life.

Zasze
Apr 29, 2009

vyst posted:

Real chat it would be nice if CCP didn't make pos roles so loving gay and you wouldn't need a new alliance or corp or whatever to participate in wormhole life.

It would be really nice if structure roles in general werent totally retarded :unsmith:

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

scandoslav posted:

:hfive: it is refreshing

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

vyst posted:

We could've taken care of POS/bookmark stuff as a GSF membercorp, but that would've left us flying the hated CONDI flag when we were most vulnerable. It might be less of an issue now that we've established ourselves, but who knows.

We also have to travel through empire space far more regularly than the average goon, so it's nice to not have to deal with GSF's permawars.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Zasze posted:

It would be really nice if structure roles in general werent totally retarded :unsmith:

Yea agreed. But good luck

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!

vyst posted:

no no you see in order to fuel my outpost in the far reaches of the unknown I also need access to every POS building a supercap

:ccp:

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Garnt do you wanna bring the band back together and just have a no hate, no drama wormhole corp for goons by goons.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Viva Miriya posted:

Garnt do you wanna bring the band back together and just have a no hate, no drama wormhole corp for goons by goons.

I'll uh, ill manage corp funds

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Viva Miriya posted:

No Mara Tassidars[NMT]

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Dozer can be in charge of the c5 marauder group.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Kiryen posted:

Been out of the loop for about a month.

With the DDA nerfs, any chance we're going from Das Boot back to Baltecs?

Hell no. Reasons:

1) Das Boot rarely fitted DDAs in the first place; you default to fulltank. We'd consider ditching Das Boot if they nerfed the ranges/tracking of sentry drones, but so far, CCP hasn't done that, because they are dumb.

2) Many of our erstwhile enemies are flying armor T3 cruisers, mostly Legions, with two TDs. This would be pretty nasty to Baltecs.

At least, for the next month or two, we're more likely to do a Raven doctrine than we are Baltecs :P

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Viva Miriya posted:

You're thinking groon but for wormholes aren't you? I'm not sure how that would be functionally different from what we have now (aside from losing blue status to GSF and then maybe not having to worry about killing some FCON shitlers who attack us from time to time).

I think we're all just hanging out for structure changes and API stuff so we can put a lot of the drama associated with not being in GSF proper to bed.

KaoliniteMilkshake
Jul 9, 2010

ullerrm posted:

Hell no. Reasons:

1) Das Boot rarely fitted DDAs in the first place; you default to fulltank. We'd consider ditching Das Boot if they nerfed the ranges/tracking of sentry drones, but so far, CCP hasn't done that, because they are dumb.

2) Many of our erstwhile enemies are flying armor T3 cruisers, mostly Legions, with two TDs. This would be pretty nasty to Baltecs.

At least, for the next month or two, we're more likely to do a Raven doctrine than we are Baltecs :P

Phooooooooons.

In all seriousness if I wasn't currently in a place where BS mass were an issue I'd be trying to figure out a Phoon doctrine. You're better at this poo poo than I am, I'd love to see a pro take on it.

TimNeilson
Dec 21, 2008

Hahaha!

KaoliniteMilkshake posted:

Phooooooooons.

In all seriousness if I wasn't currently in a place where BS mass were an issue I'd be trying to figure out a Phoon doctrine. You're better at this poo poo than I am, I'd love to see a pro take on it.

max tank + cruise missiles, with TP/sebo/damp/mwd/mjd/cap booster (pick however many mids the phoon has)

e: that said it still has the problem of missile flight time at long ranges

Zakrello
Feb 17, 2015

missile imbound

ullerrm posted:

phoons for the poor and snakes for space rich

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

Zakrello posted:

phoons for the poor and snakes for space rich

Those are definitely two ships that belong in the same fleet.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

darth cookie posted:

You're thinking groon but for wormholes aren't you? I'm not sure how that would be functionally different from what we have now (aside from losing blue status to GSF and then maybe not having to worry about killing some FCON shitlers who attack us from time to time).

I think we're all just hanging out for structure changes and API stuff so we can put a lot of the drama associated with not being in GSF proper to bed.

I mean whatever lets me and garr khan hang out in the same corp after loving over retarded non hole squad goons out of their space dollars i guess.

orange juche posted:

No Mara Tassidars[NMT]

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

scandoslav posted:

Or we're in one hell of a slump because Warships and also because our beating pvp heart got torn out when SV got :commissar:ed, whatever.

...but friend, the beating heart and pvp backbone of the goonswarm federation has always been (and will continue to be) AMzeroKdotte.

ullerrm posted:

It's all fun and games until you get bombed into oblivion.

Xolve fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Jul 10, 2015

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

ullerrm posted:

Hell no. Reasons:

"erstwhile" means "former" fyi

this is the second time this has happened, idk what the deal is with this word

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
This guy knows. Without am0k what is even GSF

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Foehammer007 posted:

This guy knows. Without am0k what is even GSF

Better.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
It's been a pretty good couple days.

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Jul 10, 2015

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

What's the secret to this? Are you posing as a webbing alt or what?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Are you doing your dunking trick or are these guys being baited into aggressing? I can't quite work it out with the stealth bomber.

Voyager I posted:

What's the secret to this? Are you posing as a webbing alt or what?

This would make sense. That said I find it hard to believe anyone would be dumb enough to let a code character web them. But then again people still fall for recruitment scams.

Carth Dookie fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jul 10, 2015

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
Just hyperdunking, although posing as a webbing alt works a lot more often than you would think.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Drops are kind of gnarly, but good kills.

Just hyperdunking, although posing as a webbing alt works a lot more often than you would think.

Still haven't popped my cherry on that one yet :sigh:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

scandoslav posted:

We also have to travel through empire space far more regularly than the average goon, so it's nice to not have to deal with GSF's permawars.

That's what Black Ops said!

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Still haven't popped my cherry on that one yet :sigh:

I invited you yesterday but you were too busy pretending to be AFK :smith:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

why in a bomber

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

why not

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Better damage and cheaper than a tornado, so you kill it faster, giving anti-gankers less time to intervene.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Dr. Pangloss posted:

Better damage and cheaper than a tornado, so you kill it faster, giving anti-gankers less time to intervene.

if you get 2 volleys off in an arty tornado there's no way its more damage in a .8+ system, but it is way cheaper and Close Enough I guess

• Locked thread