Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I don't care much for either (okay I'd be on board with water slides if I had never found out what happens with swimming pool water) but I guess it's water slides because I am a squid

Edit: Capybaras would also like water slides better

BattleMaster fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jul 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

It's very hot right now so I would rather be on a water slide than a rollercoaster. My opinion might change if it cools down, though. That's why its a hard question

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Actually wouldn't the inklings have to use ink slides or die horribly?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I do not feel passionately about this splatfest choice.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

Actually wouldn't the inklings have to use ink slides or die horribly?

The splatfest themes seem to be based on stuff that inklings wouldn't know much about aside from pop and rock music, if that one battle track is a legit song in-universe. Dogs have long since drowned, and Judd's the only cat they know of. And I doubt they know what instant ramen is because that involves handling deadly water.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Guys this splatfest is literally the answer to the question "are you a kid or are you a squid"

How did everyone miss this post

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
If I could be on either this month it would absolutely be a waterslide because it's 999 degrees.

Also: squid

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

The dude who made a real Splat Charger has now made a real Inkzooka too: http://sp.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm26654321

CandyCrazy
Oct 20, 2012

Moray Towers is coming tomorrow.

Surprised we still don't have Camp Triggerfish since it was in promotional materials.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Flytrap posted:

Waterparks are more fun but Roller Coasters have Roller Coaster Tycoon which lets you fling patrons into lava.

Tough call.

Water slides were in RCT1 (at least, dunno about later) and were one of the better things to splat your guests with because the dinghies easily left the slide and they exploded on impact.

Team Dog, don't make the same mistake twice and vote for the more popular team. Superior matchmaking awaits you.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Watersides would kill the inklings so I'm on roller coasters

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
After giving it some serious thought, I think water slides are more fun for me, but I've been on more roller coasters. I'm going to pick the more fun option.

And if a slip 'n' slide on a hill counts then it's really no contest.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Well I just learned that if you shoot a Bubbler with the L-3 Nozzlenose fast enough it was push them straight backwards at a relative speed. I even push them off towers and into pits. They also don't seem to know what to do once I push them out of their shoot range.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

I am a big wuss and hate high places and high speed loops so im going to pick water slides.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Any heads up on what the lame EU Splatfest topic will be?

I wanted to be Team Dog last time.

If I was in the US I'd support waterslides.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Andrew_1985 posted:

Any heads up on what the lame EU Splatfest topic will be?

I wanted to be Team Dog last time.

If I was in the US I'd support waterslides.

Maybe you will get Muffin vs Cupcake.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
I gotta toss my hat towards Team Waterslides because I am a big baby that hates rollercoasters.

But, yeah, I'm super not passionate about this Splatfest's teams. Ah well, can't have every one be gold.

e: vvv Coming from the North, I can confirm waterslides in the winter are fun as gently caress until the owner comes by and chases you and your friends out for trespassing.

pulp rag fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Jul 10, 2015

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

waterslides are seasonal.
rollercoasters are fun all year round.

people won't be laughing at you during the winter and on a rollercoaster.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I hope all future Splat Fest choices are extremely boring.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

how friggin boring these choices
in this game'
arggh

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

TubeStank posted:

Yeah, but not inkslides.

... I just had an awesome idea. Time to call the Patent Office.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

I wouldn't personally ride one, but I'd like to see the end result of someone riding a water slide except permanent marker ink instead of water.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Anime Curator posted:

how friggin boring these choices
in this game'
arggh

I am not complaining about the choices Nintendo has made. I like Coasters vs. Water Slides. Nobody wants to passionately argue either way about it, though, and that is great.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

dogsicle posted:

The dude who made a real Splat Charger has now made a real Inkzooka too: http://sp.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm26654321

Did he host those videos in a place where we don't have to log in?

Edit: I'm going with waterslides.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

But if you want to read a dude flipping out because they actually loving counted the coaster versus coaster matches that is okay too.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

TubeStank posted:

Exactly. Team thrill ride, or team mass inkling death in the name of entertainment.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Bruceski posted:

Exactly. Team thrill ride, or team mass inkling death in the name of entertainment.

"The first water park opened today in Inkopolis. There were no survivors."

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

codenameFANGIO posted:

I am not complaining about the choices Nintendo has made. I like Coasters vs. Water Slides. Nobody wants to passionately argue either way about it, though, and that is great.

Anyone who choses roller coasters over water slides is an rear end in a top hat, a fascist, and probably a pederast

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Did he host those videos in a place where we don't have to log in?

Edit: I'm going with waterslides.

actually yes, i found a mirror

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmkuc0-Igac

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

You'd think they'd at least use food dye in the water.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I'm most interested in seeing Marie justify her choice of water slides because of what water does to Inklings.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

Trent posted:

Anyone who choses roller coasters over water slides is an rear end in a top hat, a fascist, and probably a pederast

your heart's not in it

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!

Bruceski posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU14VqcPIDo

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

BattleMaster posted:

I'm most interested in seeing Marie justify her choice of water slides because of what water does to Inklings.

Maybe Marie is from New Jersey, home of murderous water slides.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

To be fair everything is able to murder you in Action Park.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

How are ANY of you not voting roller coasters? :psyduck:

Water slides only go one way: down. Roller coasters can have hills and loops and poo poo, and they can be longer. One roller coaster is like 10 water slides.

They should've made this Splatfest East Coast vs West Coast. Hell I'd take North vs South over these lame choices.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jul 10, 2015

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

"Choose approximately where you live," the most exciting Splatfest prompt.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

One roller coaster is like 10 water slides.

You're right, because the time you spend waiting in line for a roller coaster can usually be spent going down a water slide 10 times :v:

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

You're right, because the time you spend waiting in line for a roller coaster can usually be spent going down a water slide 10 times :v:

If you've ever been to a big popular waterpark, this stops being the case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirc
Jun 10, 2004

lol liqu0rz durnkz
If you've never rode a wooden roller coaster in the dark going backwards during Halloween at a haunted park then you are missing out. Thanks Silverwood, ID

• Locked thread