Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flatulance-a-lot
Jun 3, 2011

Just started as Richard Butte

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Has anyone got it working in the overlay yet?

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC
In as David Koresh. I'll be on CTS in a little bit.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Man paladin gets so much better after you get divine scourge holy gently caress. So much AoE.

Zet
Aug 3, 2010

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Has anyone got it working in the overlay yet?

If you launch the My launcher via Steam, Skyforge will get the Steam overlay. Of course, this means you have to kill the launcher to be out of the game in Steam.

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007
drat, the download speed for the client is at a crawl right now.

NGHpnotiq
Jun 12, 2010
In as Something Awful

SoggyGravy
Jul 14, 2008

MAXIMUM
OVERGOON
in as SoggyGravy

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Have invites been sent? Because I was one of the first to request one as Alexander Delarge

Esdesu
Sep 14, 2014

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Have invites been sent? Because I was one of the first to request one as Alexander Delarge

Adding people that aren't in the area of the person inviting seems to be a bit buggy at the moment.

Easiest way to get in (If we have up'd the pantheon size) is to jump on Mumble and ask for an invite there.

Oriental Hugs
Jun 15, 2001

Nothin' about hugs, though
What mumble are you guys using.

Esdesu
Sep 14, 2014

The Bunny posted:

What mumble are you guys using.

Drinkfist posted:

Also we are in CTS Mumble in the "The Angry Dome" channel near the bottom. Get in.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
In as System Admin

I think I'll get in mumble soon...

Mr.Trifecta
Mar 2, 2007

In as Bazaa Bazaar

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

I'm in as Caitlin Dusk once invites are working.

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.
After getting the class training quests I thought I could just navigate the grid thing and pay sparks to unlock the class I wanted. Oh how wrong I was.

Time to get grinding then I guess.

oTHi
Feb 28, 2011

This post is brought to you by Molten Boron.
Nobody doesn't like Molten Boron!.
Lipstick Apathy
Is there a trick to making the alchemist fun? Combat takes *forever*. Same with the witch/sorceror, but that seemed more engaging.

Esdesu
Sep 14, 2014

oTHi posted:

Is there a trick to making the alchemist fun? Combat takes *forever*. Same with the witch/sorceror, but that seemed more engaging.

Building up a full resource bar then spamming 1 and watching your little oozeling's run and kamikaze into things is kind fun

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?
Just bought the game hows the ~hype~

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum

Double Monocle posted:

After getting the class training quests I thought I could just navigate the grid thing and pay sparks to unlock the class I wanted. Oh how wrong I was.

Time to get grinding then I guess.

My soul was properly crushed upon seeing how far away knight is from the start. I am now going for archer instead because the training for it seemed neat.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

oTHi posted:

Pay attention to your mouse button attacks. Use the right one for the situation. One adds stacks of single target damage when you trigger the opposite mouse button. The other adds stacks of AOE damage when you use the opposite mouse button. For that matter, pay attention to what all of your skills do. They're pretty heavily specialized for certain situations compared to the other classes.

Also know when to use your skills. The oozeling spawn is for single target DPS and boss fights. If you're in a single enemy boss fight spam the poo poo out of it once you get half a full skill point bar or more. If the battlefield isn't periodically covered in a horde of suicidal acidic blobs then you're doing it wrong.

The "generate a tidal wave of toxic waste/acid around you" move is for AOE and should have a few enemies softened up so it kills them to provoke extra damage to enemies on their death. It's best used to clear trash and as an emergency "Oh gently caress." button when you have a ton of aggro on you from multiple enemies and a full skill point bar. Keep in mind that early on you're going to get a poo poo ton of aggro from this in trash fights and larger boss fights. So be ready to run and gun.

Mutate and gently caress poo poo up when you rip aggro off of players in boss fights with your insane single target DPS. Mutate gives you a large damage resistance buff and by holding down the left mouse button you can hulk the gently caress out on a boss and usually take off at least an entire bar of HP by yourself. With the right timing you can knock bars off of bosses that have a certain type of damage/invulnerability shield. It was a bit ridiculous as of the pre OBT stress test.

Time your DPS boosters for huge damage dumps.

You might also want to look at finding gear that increases the damage of the secondary effects of your mouse button attacks. And figure out how the two action keys (E and Q) work to create instakill attacks on low HP enemies and huge mob groups. E instantly kills a low HP enemy somehow (I'm not sure what triggers it yet.) and Q spews a ridiculous amount of toxic waste out in front of you in an AOE while jetting you backwards. No clue how to trigger Q reliably but it's pretty great for kiting or combos.

It's a pretty complex class for starting out, but when you get the hang of it you can easily rip the aggro off of most early tier players. At which point you'll spend the rest of the longer fights kiting enemies and literally surfing on a tidal wave of toxic waste and explosions.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jul 10, 2015

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
When I tried Alchemist the werewolf hulk-out thing controlled really weirdly (in that if you held down LMB it would do one attack and stop, you had to not only click each time but time it around what felt like a global cooldown), is it still like that?

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

WarLocke posted:

When I tried Alchemist the werewolf hulk-out thing controlled really weirdly (in that if you held down LMB it would do one attack and stop, you had to not only click each time but time it around what felt like a global cooldown), is it still like that?

Nope. Last I played in the stress test it was constant and seemed to have like a .02-5 wait when you first used it that decreased as you hit more combos. So the effect was that it had a slight difference in the start timer when getting a combo going. Then at the end you were just hulking the gently caress out and loving poo poo up. It was pretty :black101:.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jul 10, 2015

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Got to prestige 1000~ tonight..pretty fun game! When I tried out all the classes in the training place I think I enjoyed Necromancer, Slayer, and Kinetic the most. I didn't try out all of them though so we'll see later. Necromancer is probably still going to be my go-to class. It's pretty close in the Ascension Atlas for Lightbinder at least. Also unlocking the costumes for the classes was cool. I really dig the necro robes. I wish I could wear Slayer outfit in black, though. Too bad it's purple..

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
Well, hit a bit over 1000 prestige after a good 5-6hrs of play and got to look at the atlas.

Holy poo poo, it looks like it'll be awhile to reach another class. There are many hundreds of colored nodes between...

Granted, I don't really know what I'm doing in this game, but wow.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Uhh, did I get kicked from the guild? I know I was logged out for two hours but jeez!

oTHi
Feb 28, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Inzombiac posted:

Uhh, did I get kicked from the guild? I know I was logged out for two hours but jeez!

Gotta be logged in 24/7 to poopsock. None of this 'attending to bodily needs' crap.

Goodchild
Jan 3, 2010
I'll be in as Devlin Huer. Feel free to friend me or say Hi if you see me.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

In as Cato DaEldest.

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008

Archonex posted:

Alchemist stuff

The E button move is your finishing move. All classes have them. They seem to become available after the targeted enemy's health falls below a certain value. (I don't THINK it is percentage based, I think it is a raw number. Weak enemies are vulnerable to a kill move after only a bit of damage, tank type enemies are only vulnerable when a sliver of health is left on their bar.) Each class's move does something in addition to killing the enemy. Some of them grant you resources, like the Cryo. The Lightbinder gets a buff that makes his next cast of some skills do extra damage.

In earlier builds, the ability menu listed these abilities and what they did. Unfortunately, this recent build does not have that info anywhere I can find. From when I played with the Alch in the betas, this is what I was finding with the Finishing move:

It SEEMS to grant you a buff. SOMETIMES it would trigger the Q button to become active, giving you the jump-back move. I found you could ALSO trigger this move by dodging backwards (but only backwards). I didn't see if the Q move did any damage or other effects.

The left button on the Transformation move grants you a buff that speeds up your attack. It stacks up to some limit, so you hold the left mouse button down and your attacks ramp up in speed.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Testing out the Kinetic and I was hoping for a brutal punch man but instead I get an Earth Bender Adept. I'm okay with this.

HardKase
Jul 15, 2007
TASTY
In game as Max Prophet

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

I watched some videos and the combat seems really fun. Do you have to be max level for pvp? Are your stats and stuff normalized in the pvp maps?

I quit WoW because leveling up new classes and grinding out arena gear every season got really old and now I've been spoiled by Guild Wars 2. How disappointed am I going to be?

Mechayahiko
May 27, 2011

Doctor Rope
After doing the class training quests. Do you get both headgear and costume for that class? I did Archer, Monk and Necro but I only the archer hat.

oTHi
Feb 28, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Mechayahiko posted:

After doing the class training quests. Do you get both headgear and costume for that class? I did Archer, Monk and Necro but I only the archer hat.

You should get the entire class costume. If you complete the simulation, you get a "collect reward" popup at the end which contains the cosume. That's how it worked for me at least...

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
The last fight of the training seems to have an extra "take no damage" objective, maybe you need to do that to get the hat?

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

I'm in as Arcadia Jones, looking forward to fighting robot rats or whatever with y'all.

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.
So im gonna try to get to necro ASAP because so far 80% of paladin combat is "you dont have enough secondary bar to do that cool ability, left click a bunch for a pittance of damage to build your jesus juice"

Alchemist do have the loving chaos dunk though....

ttocs7
Sep 14, 2010

Double Monocle posted:

So im gonna try to get to necro ASAP because so far 80% of paladin combat is "you dont have enough secondary bar to do that cool ability, left click a bunch for a pittance of damage to build your jesus juice"

It's not great in the early going, but you do get an ability later that will allow you to spam all abilities for 0 MP (I forget what it's actually called) for about 30 seconds. There's a few more talents/abilities down the line that reduce MP costs and increase MP regeneration, so it sounds like it gets better.

Also, executions return 100MP or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?
Ok so they've bugged the daily log in reward so when you teleport around it counts as a day.

All seven daily logins complete!

Rollback or what?

• Locked thread