Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Beef Chief posted:

Ruggington you will always be wrong about Fuuka's VA, because part of that voice's charm is that is sounds really stunted and dorky.

I MUST BE CASTIN CHARMDI CUZ THAT poo poo DON'T WORK ON ME

IT'S GARBAGE BEEF

GARBAGE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Ruggington posted:

I MUST BE CASTIN CHARMDI CUZ THAT poo poo DON'T WORK ON ME

IT'S GARBAGE BEEF

GARBAGE

It's beautiful, I love her.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I'm happy for the both of you

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm also marrying Chie's original voice too.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

you deserve her

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Beef Chief posted:

I'm also marrying Chie's original voice too.

aha! is this your chance?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I like Erin Fitzgerald, but she needs to stay away from voicing tomboys forever.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Beef Chief posted:

I like Erin Fitzgerald, but she needs to stay away from voicing tomboys forever.

:agreed:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Bryce Papenbrook should voice Chie. And Rise. And the P5 Protag. And everyone.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I think I remember some atlus employee tweeting that including the JP dub was admitting that they don't have confidence in the english dub, or something.

I think that instinct should have kicked in when they heard Burch as Rise

in a game

about

singing and dancing

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There will be no singing in p4d

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Johnny Yong Bosch should voice Chie. And Rise. And the P5 Protag. And everyone.

:agreed:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

JYB is the old and busted. Bryce is the new hotness.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I love them both

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Beef Chief posted:

There will be no singing in p4d

I want to hear the song of Adachi

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Freak Futanari posted:

You act like you don't already know it

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

Beef Chief posted:

Ruggington you will always be wrong about Fuuka's VA, because part of that voice's charm is that is sounds really stunted and dorky.

:agreed: Fuuka is a cute nice dorky girl.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I remember Junpei said that her voice was like an angel's and I am not one to argue

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Just started playing persona 4 golden and was wondering about changes. Obviously I'll notice the big things like new character, the extra events and stuff like that, but I was wondering what about the smaller changes someone might not notice if they hadn't played persona 4 in years.
At the start of the game, after the gas station you get to walk around the store area and see a little dialogue scene between Saki and her brother. Are there other new tiny scenes like that scattered in the game? I'm also curious if they rebalanced the party members at all, but I'm not sure I'd notice if they did.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

LibbyM posted:

Just started playing persona 4 golden and was wondering about changes. Obviously I'll notice the big things like new character, the extra events and stuff like that, but I was wondering what about the smaller changes someone might not notice if they hadn't played persona 4 in years.
At the start of the game, after the gas station you get to walk around the store area and see a little dialogue scene between Saki and her brother. Are there other new tiny scenes like that scattered in the game? I'm also curious if they rebalanced the party members at all, but I'm not sure I'd notice if they did.

For minor changes, getting a fishing rod is kind of a hassle now, there's like a ton of new models to make instead of just the two robots. There are a bunch of new books, and It tells you how long you have left in a book, thank god. If you're doing complicated fusions it now tells you if you already have that persona in the compendium, which is nice.

In terms of re-balancing characters, the game gets ridiculously easy after a point. Like, Rise will show up sometimes and, among other things, mind charge the whole party multiple times per fight. Naoto is also a ridiculous killing machine.

I'm sure there's stuff I'm missing, because holy poo poo there are so many additions to that game.

edit: Oh, Tanaka's show will now come on multiple times per week, which is nice if you missed out on something helpful like the red goldfish. Scene skipping is also a godsend. Wealth hands now give a poo poo load of XP instead of just 1. You can get crazy levels from those guys, especially when they start showing up in fours and fives.

Chexoid fucked around with this message at 05:13 on Jul 10, 2015

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

A lot of those minor changes you mention sound nice, multiple times to buy from tanaka, seeing how long is left in a book.

Chexoid posted:

In terms of re-balancing characters, the game gets ridiculously easy after a point. Like, Rise will show up sometimes and mind charge the whole party , among other things, multiple times per fight. Naoto is also a ridiculous killing machine.

Persona 4 already kind of peaked in difficulty with like, the shadow Yukiko fight near the start. Maybe I should start again on higher difficulty if it's going to be even easier than the original.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

The game is so convenient, it just wants you to hang out and not stress about things. If you die, you can choose to restart from the beginning of the floor. Also, you can use follow-up attacks on bosses now, so Chie can punt a God into space.

Chexoid fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jul 10, 2015

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Chexoid posted:

Also, you can use follow-up attacks on bosses now, so Chie can punt a God into space.

I think this only works on one boss, and Chie doesn't actually punt him. She just kicks him in the nads really hard.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Really Pants posted:

I think this only works on one boss, and Chie doesn't actually punt him. She just kicks him in the nads really hard.

Au contraire my friend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7yIWmOnS58

(boss spoilers I guess?)

edit: huh that video says its a mod but I swear I've punted Shadow Kanji into space, it's not an instant kill obviously but it's still The Best.

Chexoid fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Jul 10, 2015

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Freak Futanari posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93YbvXa4Bhk

Heavy neutrino
Sep 16, 2007

You made a fine post for yourself. ...For a casualry, I suppose.
Well, I finally finished the Triangulum arc of Record Breaker despite buying it two months ago. The last fight got pretty intense when I ran out of resources to sandbag with and he summoned four more mooks. I was kind of dreading having to do the whole three-fight sequence over again, but physical damage spirals so far out of control that he just exploded within two skirmishes.

Refreshingly, the endings are pretty far off from the usual SMT fare even though nothing really makes much sense by the end. Amazingly, Ronaldo and Keita agree on one path, and although it's probably the worst idea by any calculation -- practical or ethical -- I went along with it because holy hell it's cool.

All in all, the game is a bit too easy in ways that wouldn't be very hard to fix -- there's just so much power given to the player just by giving him the first turns at the start of every map that, if they want to keep that mechanic in, they'd definitely have to lengthen fights in some fashion in order to mitigate its impact. Also Evil Flow man, Evil Flow just has to go.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Waffleman_ posted:

Bryce Papenbrook should voice Chie. And Rise. And the P5 Protag. And everyone.

No. He's mediocre unless he voices crazy people.

He should do that more.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Heavy neutrino posted:

Refreshingly, the endings are pretty far off from the usual SMT fare even though nothing really makes much sense by the end. Amazingly, Ronaldo and Keita agree on one path, and although it's probably the worst idea by any calculation -- practical or ethical -- I went along with it because holy hell it's cool.

The very end, where Tico welcomes you back for Round 4 and it smash cuts to the credits accompanied by the hard-rockin' final boss theme filled me with glee

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Is Persona 3 Portable worth playing or should I just get to playing through Persona 4 Golden?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Anatharon posted:

Is Persona 3 Portable worth playing or should I just get to playing through Persona 4 Golden?

play p3 first because it's hard to go back after golden

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Anatharon posted:

Yeah, you should probably play P3P. It's by far the best version of P3 and P3 is a Good Game.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Ruggington posted:

play p3 first because it's hard to go back after golden
This, 3 is boring if you've played 4 beforehand.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Accordion Man posted:

This, 3 is boring if you've played 4 beforehand.

Disagree. 3 is a fine game but 4 is better.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I liked playing through P3P more than P4G, but it is hard going back after P4G. Male route is canon, female route has better social links. Some music is different between the two versions.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Play P3P because it's great. Don't play the male protagonist because he's a whiny little babyshit and his music sucks (except for Mass Destruction, it's alright). Play feMC instead for infinitely better social links, a protagonist who is cool, and good music.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Lemon Curdistan posted:

Play P3P because it's great. Don't play the male protagonist because he's a whiny little babyshit and his music sucks (except for Mass Destruction, it's alright). Play feMC instead for infinitely better social links, a protagonist who is cool, and good music.

Everything in this post is wrong.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Healbot posted:

You shouldn't play P3P, it's true.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Healbot posted:

It's all true, actually

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Healbot posted:

That's how you can tell it's a troll post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

P3 Is Hella Epic. and so is the male MC