Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Riso posted:

Wite is up with a massive -30% promotion that brings it barely below regular AAA game pricing. http://store.steampowered.com/app/370540/

Anyone been able to get a Steam code yet for previous Matrix store purchases on it? :ohdear:

Edit:

quote:

We are also going to offer a free Steam key to anyone who bought a copy from the Matrix Games or Slitherine store, once the game is available on this digital platform!

Phew. Guess it'll take a day or so before they tell us how.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum
I was just able to redeem my matrix key for a steam key at the slitherine website for wite.

vyshka
Aug 10, 2010

Drone posted:

Anyone been able to get a Steam code yet for previous Matrix store purchases on it? :ohdear:

Edit:

Phew. Guess it'll take a day or so before they tell us how.

Log in to the Slitherine site, go to your account page, click the steam keys button, register your serials if you haven't, click redeem steam key, profit

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

vyshka posted:

Log in to the Slitherine site, go to your account page, click the steam keys button, register your serials if you haven't, click redeem steam key, profit

http://www.slitherine.com/my_page/steam_serials

This page.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Thank you mightily! Got it done in 5 minutes. Now to play it drive up the Steam player metrics.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Haha they are running a WITE Twitch http://www.twitch.tv/slitherinegroup

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

Thank you mightily! Got it done in 5 minutes. Now to play it drive up the Steam player metrics.

Mine says Key Already Registered :psyduck:

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

ArchangeI posted:

Mine says Key Already Registered :psyduck:

If your Slitherine and Matrix accounts are linked it'll auto-grab it. Scroll down to WitE on the list and click redeem.

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum
All the people saying the love the UI in this wite stream is triggering me.

Also uPen you ended up on my twitter today: https://twitter.com/AnndraADunn/status/619106549768802304

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Owns.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

RtW has been pushed back a few hours. It seems that the guy in charge of their store is busy and won't be back until this evening, so expect an early Friday release in Europe or a late Thursday release for the US.

:grogdevs:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Ok I'm not going to claim that I'm any good at WITE (hi ElBrak), but I'm pretty sure I could do better than this streamer. Why would you hit Minsk directly on turn 1?

EDIT: Matrix Forums' utter obsession with Steel Panthers I could never understand.

gradenko_2000 fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Jul 9, 2015

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
Isn't it supposed to be RTW day today?

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Isn't it supposed to be RTW day today?

Unfortunately the guy who runs the store has better things to do and won't be back until evening.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."

gradenko_2000 posted:

Ok I'm not going to claim that I'm any good at WITE (hi ElBrak), but I'm pretty sure I could do better than this streamer. Why would you hit Minsk directly on turn 1?

EDIT: Matrix Forums' utter obsession with Steel Panthers I could never understand.

No one can stand before my WITE skills. Especially now that i haven't played it in months.

dtkozl
Dec 17, 2001

ultima ratio regum
Does anyone have a primer for wite on the air war now that it has gotten a couple revisions? I didn't see one that wasn't from when the game first came out on the matrix forums.

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
Outside of CtGW I think I've won two goon games ever.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
You're gonna win vs me unless I figure out what in the gently caress I should be doing soon.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

Since dtkozl hasn't made a post about it, I am gonna declare myself the winner of the Combat Mission tournament we had a month back or so. I am the best.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.
Is there any way to get the manual for WITE remotely so I can print it out on the work printer if I've just bought it online now (from Matrix) and it's Friday afternoon and I don't want to go home and then come back to work with a copy to print it out. I

If it's available from the Matrix site once you've logged in then I can't see it for the life of me.

Also the thread title is eerily accurate to within AUS$5 for this game.

markgreyam fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Jul 10, 2015

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

markgreyam posted:

Is there any way to get the manual for WITE remotely so I can print it out on the work printer if I've just bought it online now (from Matrix) and it's Friday afternoon and I don't want to go home and then come back to work with a copy to print it out. I

f it's available from the Matrix site once you've logged in then I can't see it for the life of me.

Also the thread title is eerily accurate to within AUS$5 for this game.

Unfortunately no, the WitW manual is available online but not the WitE. You'll have to install the game to get the manual but you'll want to update anyways since the manual gets updated occasionally.

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

uPen posted:

Unfortunately no, the WitW manual is available online but not the WitE. You'll have to install the game to get the manual but you'll want to update anyways since the manual gets updated occasionally.

Thanks, I had just thought this and I've got the download started now. Does the update occur through the game or should I be searching for an update from the site?

vvv That's good because I just found the update link on the site but it's from an FTP that doesn't want to work.

Edit: Well for what it's worth the current available download seems to be the most recent version. It didn't find any updates.

markgreyam fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jul 10, 2015

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
You can download the update from the site but I forget where, I typically update from the launcher.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Steam and Iron remains goddamn entertaining.

So I am playing the Baltic campaign and in mid 1915 the Russians get four monster modern dreadnoughts with 12x 12in guns capable of 23kt. Basically the German forces in the area are a bunch of lovely pre-Dreadnoughts who havent got a hope. I've been running cruiser raids and generally avoiding them as much as possible.

I sortied my Armored Cruisers to intercept what I thought was a shipping raid in the south baltic, turns out its the four Russians DN and a Pre-dread (18kt). They are faster than my 20kt CA's and turn to intercept, bringing then into range shortly. I order my CL/DD to perform a desperate torpedo attack on the BB's while the CA's run for port.

It gets off to an inauspicious start with two of my own destoyers torpedoing one of my few modern CL in the back.

:suicide:

Anyway the DD's spew a bunch of torpedoes at the battle line and it turns away giving my CA just enough time to break contact. I was hoping for a hit or two but nothing was reported. Two of my other CL also get badly damaged in the attack by gunfire.

I basically chalk that one up to a loss and drag my cripples back to port.

The after battle report pops up:

:captainpop:

Turns out one of those DD's got a hit in and it wasnt reported, the thing then ran into a storm on the way home and sunk!

Victory! :sureboat:

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

Rule the waves is on their store page but not available for purchase yet, get hype. I hope I get a paycheck soon so i can buy it.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

ElBrak posted:

Rule the waves is on their store page but not available for purchase yet, get hype. I hope I get a paycheck soon so i can buy it.

Grogdevs are the worst, holy poo poo.

"Hey, very few people buy our games, this can't have anything to do with the fact that our website looks like straight out of 1998 or that our release date is 'whatever'."

I mean poo poo, is it too much to ask to pay 200 bucks to some college student to design you a website that looks like it was touched in this century? I was pleasently surprised, indeed shocked, that they are accepting paypal.

But at least the price is reasonable, so they've got that going for them.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

ArchangeI posted:

I mean poo poo, is it too much to ask to pay 200 bucks to some college student to design you a website that looks like it was touched in this century? I was pleasently surprised, indeed shocked, that they are accepting paypal.

Probably a not-insignificant amount of portfolio space to be filled if any of you are young college-aged web designers who are willing to spruce up grognard websites pro bono.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

ElBrak posted:

Dev says there's an ISP issue so it may not be up until later today/tomorrow. Also the store page says allow up to 24 hours for your serial to be emailed so I imagine they have a human being who matches purchases to serials and manually emails them.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

ArchangeI posted:

Grogdevs are the worst, holy poo poo.

"Hey, very few people buy our games, this can't have anything to do with the fact that our website looks like straight out of 1998 or that our release date is 'whatever'."

But at least the price is reasonable, so they've got that going for them.

I was going to complain about the marketing since googling "Rule the waves game" gives nothing relevant, but then I finally found their store and realised they had bigger issues.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

uPen posted:

Dev says there's an ISP issue so it may not be up until later today/tomorrow. Also the store page says allow up to 24 hours for your serial to be emailed so I imagine they have a human being who matches purchases to serials and manually emails them.

Yep, seems like there's a guy who checks for new purchases a couple of times a day, *most days.*

I wonder how much the price point will be, I don't know if I can be bothered shelling out $$$ for what's basically the same game as SaI with a few changes/new campaign style.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Saros posted:

Yep, seems like there's a guy who checks for new purchases a couple of times a day, *most days.*

I wonder how much the price point will be, I don't know if I can be bothered shelling out $$$ for what's basically the same game as SaI with a few changes/new campaign style.

$35, the manual is up on the forums if you want to read through the changes.

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010

Darkrenown posted:

I was going to complain about the marketing since googling "Rule the waves game" gives nothing relevant, but then I finally found their store and realised they had bigger issues.

This is the spot where Paradox should just roll up, buy the rights, replace the combat graphics with a unity-derivative, slap "A HEarts of Iron Game" on it and throw it on steam, with something approaching an actual PR campaign. I would guarantee at least three digit sales.

You're leaving money on the street here.

Saros posted:

34.99 on the store. Dangerously sane pricing for a grog dev.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Saros posted:

http://yhst-12000246778232.stores.yahoo.net/ruwaddo.html

$34.99

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
ugh all I want to do is give them 35 american dollars for this game which was designed by someone who looked at Mac OS 7 and thought that graphics would never get better

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

ugh all I want to do is give them 35 american dollars for this game which was designed by someone who looked at Mac OS 7 and thought that graphics would never get better

Dryb
Jul 30, 2007

What did I do?
I was going to buy it, but then I noticed they spelled it 'technichal'

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Dryb posted:

I was going to buy it, but then I noticed they spelled it 'technichal'

The spellcheck guy won't be in 'til next Thursday around 230 PST.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

I'm still excited for the game, and Grey Hunter's LP and word of mouth on SaI have both been great...

Somehow I forgot this was a grog dev and figured putting a download link behind a paywall would go off without a hitch.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

Oh god I think Rule the Waves is out, someone buy me it, tia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

ElBrak posted:

Oh god I think Rule the Waves is out, someone buy me it, tia.

I bought it for myself, had to rename the suffix on the executable to install it but that's :groggames: I guess.