Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

And they're always in Ul'dah. Which continues its fine reputation as the worst place in Eorzea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Obligatum VII posted:

And they're always in Ul'dah. Which continues its fine reputation as the worst place in Eorzea.

I really like Ul'dah, more that the other 2 cities, both in layout and in scenery. :shobon:

Plus every time you get a cutscene with the leader of the city she always has that dude pick her up on his arm and its super :3:

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Furnaceface posted:

I really like Ul'dah, more that the other 2 cities, both in layout and in scenery. :shobon:

Plus every time you get a cutscene with the leader of the city she always has that dude pick her up on his arm and its super :3:

Wait til you get to the end of 2.55 story

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Ul'dah has the best music, but I never know where the hell anything is.

Gridania's probably my favorite, both for the simple design and chill forest vibe. Doesn't hurt that it was my starting city.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

vanbags posted:

Maybe I just need to enlarge my hotbars, but I wish you could have numbers on your cooldown overlays instead of just the shaded sweep animation. Sometimes I'll take a quick glance and be fooled into thinking something is off cooldown when in reality it has like 10 seconds left.

IIRC, the border of the skill will be highlighted when it's ready to use.

----

Limsa is the best because lots of water and also pirates.

Neat Machine
May 5, 2008

heh
Ul'dah is the best city obviously but it definitely has the worst MB placement

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Kibner posted:

IIRC, the border of the skill will be highlighted when it's ready to use.

----

Limsa is the best because lots of water and also pirates.

Limsa's day theme is one of my favourite tracks in the game, with Ishgard's night and day themes pretty up there too.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Ignimbrite posted:

Limsa's day theme is one of my favourite tracks in the game, with Ishgard's night and day themes pretty up there too.

Have you heard the piano version on Astral to Umbral? It's pretty awesome.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
I want Limsa but with Raubahn as the leader instead of Merlywb.

biopanda
Sep 28, 2007

How do I check if I have a reply from support? I submitted a ticket a while ago. Will I get an email, Moogle mail, or what?

Kaidyn
May 22, 2009

What is there left to discover about donuts...?
Going to ask a question that may have been asked a billion times much earlier in the thread: if I just started playing again with a fresh character, is there any reason for me to buy Heavensward or do I just wait until I am at/near 50 with a job?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Wait til you get to the end of 2.55 story

I dont know if it was your intention, but I dont like the sounds of this. :ohdear:

Kaidyn posted:

Going to ask a question that may have been asked a billion times much earlier in the thread: if I just started playing again with a fresh character, is there any reason for me to buy Heavensward or do I just wait until I am at/near 50 with a job?

I asked this not too long ago and it was unanimously said to wait until you finish the entire story before buying the expansion since none of it unlocks until you do so.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Kaidyn posted:

Unless you really, really want to be a dragon person there's absolutely no reason to buy the expansion before finishing the old story quests.

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer

Begemot posted:

Unless you really, really want to be a dragon person there's absolutely no reason to buy the expansion before finishing the old story quests.

Well you get xp while doing them, not sure if you can do that without HW. If you're slow you might get to 51 by the time you finish 2.55 MSQ

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Pews posted:

Well you get xp while doing them, not sure if you can do that without HW. If you're slow you might get to 51 by the time you finish 2.55 MSQ

2.0 Praetorium --> end of 2.55 got me 600K toward 51's 824K.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
Did you do nothing else or something? I was like on King Mog or so when Heavensward released and I walked into Ishgard at 51 and a chunk.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Malloreon posted:

2.0 Praetorium --> end of 2.55 got me 600K toward 51's 824K.

Its so sad that its 10k 5K exp per quest.

In total, there's 93 quests that award 4.8k exp at 50 if you have Heavensward on your account, might as well.
18 quests that give you 0 exp unless they added it.

So about 10 Heavensward quests, but the first 5 are finished just watching cutscenes in the first town.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

Did you do nothing else or something? I was like on King Mog or so when Heavensward released and I walked into Ishgard at 51 and a chunk.

How many roulettes did you do?

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jul 10, 2015

Anniversary
Sep 12, 2011

I AM A SHIT-FESTIVAL
:goatsecx:
I had no idea how much xp you could get from doing roulettes. Could someone explain those benefits to me because it seems to be much more significant than I thought it could be.

e: Thanks for the explanation.

Anniversary fucked around with this message at 06:46 on Jul 10, 2015

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Only the first one of the day from each roulette is boosted. Just think 10%ish exp, guildhest/trials give way less.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

This dude is doing MCH right.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
What should I be spending GC seals on nowadays? I earn roughly 30-40k seals a day and I have over 1000 ventures in my inventory.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

What should I be spending GC seals on nowadays? I earn roughly 30-40k seals a day and I have over 1000 ventures in my inventory.

hundreds of portraits of the sultana, if you choose correctly

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Fill the FC chest and FC leaderships' mailboxes with Coke.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
You'll run out of Ventures one day and then you'll regret all the seals you didn't spend on them!

I dunno. Housing I guess?

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Zyla posted:

hundreds of portraits of the sultana, if you choose correctly

Alternately

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Pierson posted:

You'll run out of Ventures one day and then you'll regret all the seals you didn't spend on them!

I dunno. Housing I guess?

Housing items are the best way to convert them into Gil.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015

Mordiceius posted:

Coke, Potash, and Cordials.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Jesus loving Christ everything from the Ul Dah Banquet onwards. :stare:

kafziel
Nov 11, 2009

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

This dude is doing MCH right.

What are those glasses?

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Mordiceius posted:

Send all of your gathering friends cordials, they'll love you forever.

If you plan to gather yourself for some reason, buy a bunch for yourself and also engineering manual IIs. They stack now!

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.

nuru posted:

Unrelated: Is Faerie as empty as it appears to be judging by the market board?

Faerie isn't empty at all. It's one of the most populated servers on the data center.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Send all of your gathering friends cordials, they'll love you forever.

If you plan to gather yourself for some reason, buy a bunch for yourself and also engineering manual IIs. They stack now!

I completely forgot you could get cordials for seals. gently caress. I'm leveling bot/mining right now.

And engineering manuals aren't worth poo poo. They give you a max bonus of 40k xp. Not worth the amount of seals they cost IMO.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

kafziel posted:

What are those glasses?

Those would be Shaded Spectacles.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Reminder that live letter is going live in 28 minutes http://www.twitch.tv/finalfantasyxiv

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Fancy Corndog posted:

Ul'dah is the best city obviously but it definitely has the worst MB placement

lol if you don't do everything MB/retainer related at the house. It's way too convenient to even bother with cities.

AdorableStar
Jul 13, 2013

:patriot:

I started this game two days ago and I real like all the animation detail like if I target someone my head turns towards them and moves to track them around.

Also gently caress you Enix I can't get trial time to carry over if I sub?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

AdorableStar posted:

Also gently caress you Enix I can't get trial time to carry over if I sub?

Yep. Just level another class or two first, you'll need them for your job/skills anyway.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

quote:

Q21. It’s often difficult to find the NPCs and quest points for the quests in Churning Mists. Are there plans to adjust this?

A21. I definitely think we kind of over did it with the Moogle-related quests, so we will be careful in the future not to have these kind of quests. It seems like there is a high amount of hatred towards the Moogles who keep getting lost.
pray return motherfucker

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

So Machinist, post-changes. I mostly just use Gauss Barrel if Hot Shot/Lead Shot are already up and I have Rapid Fire/Reload ready to go. Like I mostly use GB as an opener and then take it off until I have the CDs ready to use it again/maximizing Wildfire damage. Good idea, bad idea?

Like idk my opener is still being played around with because I'm not 60 but it's like Rook Turret > Hot Shot > Gauss Barrel > B4B/RS > Wildfire > Ricochet > Rapid Fire > Lead Shot > Reload > 1 2 1 3 2 1 3 2 etc > Off GCD moves and then once all my proc'd abilities are expended I take the Barrel off to reapply Hot Shot and Lead Shot without the cast time.

Rei_ fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Jul 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Rei_ posted:

So Machinist, post-changes. I mostly just use Gauss Barrel if Hot Shot/Lead Shot are already up and I have Rapid Fire/Reload ready to go. Like I mostly use GB as an opener and then take it off until I have the CDs ready to use it again/maximizing Wildfire damage. Good idea, bad idea?

You're technically losing DPS on any fight where you don't have to move if you do that but GB is also completely rear end to play with so i can understand not wanting it up

• Locked thread