Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

You must have terrible facial recognition then. I'd say there are about 10 faces for each gender that are used for generic NPCs, changing up facial and head hair to disguise it a bit. The hunter in White Orchard's used constantly.
Yeah they really need to add a lot more NPC faces, seeing the same merchant, farmer, bartender faces gets old. Not mentioning that annoying kid's face everywhere. I think the problem is that those faces aren't generic like in Bethesda games but rather characteristic (which is a good thing) so when they put mustache on the same guy he still looks like the same guy with mustache. Now only up the number of face models in the game and it will be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Female
Sep 17, 2006
What the name implies.
The Witcher Wild Hunt: Waifu Wars 2015.

Oxxidation posted:

From what I understand Triss found her relationship with Geralt frustrating as hell anyway, since she was the woman Geralt ran to whenever his arguments with Yen ran the risk of turning him inside-out.

Geralt's a heart-breaker and a head-taker, ya heard

Quite the opposite with Triss. In the books Triss swoops in after Yen and Geralt break up (again) and seduces him with magic to sleep with him. After that she's all about Geralt for really weird/creepy reasons and wants to start a relationship with him. Geralt spends the first half of Blood of Elves turning her down and it's a major point of contention between Triss and Yennefer.

CDPR has taken some liberties with Triss. She's turned into a much stronger person at this point in the games, but for most people that read the books picking Triss over Yen is crazy talk.

Edit: Might be misremembering the relationship bit and mixed up Witcher 1 Triss. Here's the relevant section from Blood of Elves:

quote:

…she had seduced the witcher – with the help of a little magic. She had hit on a propitious moment, a moment when he and Yennefer had scratched at each other’s eyes yet again and had abruptly parted. Geralt had needed warmth, and had wanted to forget.

No, Triss had not desired to take him away from Yennefer. As a matter of fact, her friend was more important to her than he was. But her brief relationship with the witcher had not disappointed. She had found what she was looking for – emotions in the form of guilt, anxiety and pain. His pain. She had experienced his emotions, it had excited her and, when they parted, she had been unable to forget it. And she had only recently understood what pain is. The moment when she had overwhelmingly wanted to be with him again. For a short while – just for a moment – to be with him.

Not Female fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Jul 10, 2015

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Snak posted:

edit: I don't know what level these bandits were, but they were not prepared.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-3gjd8XK5c (40 seconds)
It's funny that Geralt will draw his sword in response to seeing an enemy before I do.

Reminded me of the fun I had while slaughtering a huge amount of low level cannibals in Velen. Those bastards didn't stand a chance. :black101:

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Triss is naturally beautiful, it's in the books. She doesn't need to rely on magick.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Snak posted:

I'm on ps4 and feel like my load times are between 1-3 minutes depending why it's loading. Fast-travel loading is much quicker than reloading a save after I've died.

Just for the record I THINK I fixed the loading issue. I did the following:

Uninstalled the game
Turned off the internet connection
Put the disc back in and installed with no auto patch
Ran the game once
Closed application, connected to the Internet, updated
Shut off PS4 completely (not rest mode) for around 5 minutes to clear cache

Loading is incredibly fast now and I haven't had any short loading screens during dialogue or anything.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Nitrousoxide posted:

Regarding Triss and the witch hunters in Novigrad:

Who else waited until they got all the info from the head of the witch hunters before trying to stop the torture?

i didn't stop it. It's far more satisfying than the other way which I accidentally did before I reloaded. Menge all of a sudden notices the room went silent and he says "let's check up on her". When you get in there Triss has slaughtered everyone and stabs Menge in the throat. It owns.

PotU
Jul 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So, everytime I load my most recent save I just instantly die and it keeps happening all the time. Is there some god mode cheat or something? I don't feel like replaying everything up to that save point.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

So apparently patch 1.07 is ready for release on PC but they aren't releasing it yet because they want all versions to get patched at once and the console patches have to go through cert. God loving damnit.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

Nitrousoxide posted:

Regarding Triss and the witch hunters in Novigrad:

Who else waited until they got all the info from the head of the witch hunters before trying to stop the torture?

Just after entering the courtyard they want to hand her down, I tell them to gently caress off, bodies everywhere. Noone hurts my waifu! gently caress consequences, that one rear end in a top hat doesn't deserve the alternative provided by info anyway.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

alex314 posted:

Just after entering the courtyard they want to hand her down, I tell them to gently caress off, bodies everywhere. Noone hurts my waifu! gently caress consequences, that one rear end in a top hat doesn't deserve the alternative provided by info anyway.
just so you know there are other ramifications

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

WoodrowSkillson posted:

just so you know there are other ramifications

I got pretty good ending regardless. That one rear end in a top hat somehow accepted my partial failure, I didn't like him anyway. Am I missing something?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

alex314 posted:

I got pretty good ending regardless. That one rear end in a top hat somehow accepted my partial failure, I didn't like him anyway. Am I missing something?

maybe im not educated on this then, i thought this locks you out of the kill radovid questline

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

alex314 posted:

gently caress consequences, that one rear end in a top hat doesn't deserve the alternative provided by info anyway.

Is this referring to Dijkstra? IMO he's one of the best characters in the game, and also a total bro with some really funny and entertaining dialogue. I also liked the part where him and Geralt profess their feelings for each other. :3: Too bad I still had to kill him in the end... :(

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
Djikstra's no bro, but he doesn't piss around and is straightforward on how him and Geralt can work together for mutual benefit.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

WoodrowSkillson posted:

maybe im not educated on this then, i thought this locks you out of the kill radovid questline

Nope, you simply have to provide him with something else.

Meta-Mollusk posted:

Is this referring to Dijkstra? IMO he's one of the best characters in the game, and also a total bro with some really funny and entertaining dialogue. I also liked the part where him and Geralt profess their feelings for each other. :3: Too bad I still had to kill him in the end... :(

Same. I was slowly warming up to him, but I couldn't support him when the time came.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

WoodrowSkillson posted:

maybe im not educated on this then, i thought this locks you out of the kill radovidquestline

No hes okay. just the key is okay as long as you're nice to him when there's problems at the bathhouse later

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

What are some of the different ways you can resolve the Tower of Rats questline? I didn't believe the girl at first, so she changed into a Pesta. I then brought Graham in for the kiss and lifted the curse, but he died in the process. I imagine nobody comes out of that one looking too pretty?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Slashrat posted:

Djikstra's no bro, but he doesn't piss around and is straightforward on how him and Geralt can work together for mutual benefit.
Actually when you get him both the key and the treasure's location and then choose the right dialogue options when giving them back he starts laughing and tells Geralt he can't help himself and despite Geralt's lies he really likes him and then you have the option to tell him that you really like the bastard too in a total bro moment.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

What are some of the different ways you can resolve the Tower of Rats questline? I didn't believe the girl at first, so she changed into a Pesta. I then brought Graham in for the kiss and lifted the curse, but he died in the process. I imagine nobody comes out of that one looking too pretty?

You can also take her bones across the lake, she ends up haunting the place. You've picked the lesser evil

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
This game is too big. I have been actively trying to finish it for three weeks. I'm at 115 hours :(

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

cheesetriangles posted:

So apparently patch 1.07 is ready for release on PC but they aren't releasing it yet because they want all versions to get patched at once and the console patches have to go through cert. God loving damnit.

the horror

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

alex314 posted:

You can also take her bones across the lake, she ends up haunting the place. You've picked the lesser evil

It seemed like Geralt knew what would happen in my game, which makes him kind of a dick, but a pragmatic one.

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

It seemed like Geralt knew what would happen in my game, which makes him kind of a dick, but a pragmatic one.

The dude was heartbroken for years, constantly remembering that horrible stuff he was a part of. He'd probably hang himself, or someone else would shank him to keep him quiet. At least now they can be happy..

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

alex314 posted:

The dude was heartbroken for years, constantly remembering that horrible stuff he was a part of. He'd probably hang himself, or someone else would shank him to keep him quiet. At least now they can be happy..

Actually he has a noose hanging in his house...

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Palpek posted:

Actually when you get him both the key and the treasure's location and then choose the right dialogue options when giving them back he starts laughing and tells Geralt he can't help himself and despite Geralt's lies he really likes him and then you have the option to tell him that you really like the bastard too in a total bro moment.

Actually this moment can also happen if you just get him the key without knowing the location.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Sooooo I have the option of doing "Now or Never" atm, even though I've (a) not met up with Yen at the catalysm but (b) have gotten Cerys to be all powerful Scotish spitfire queen and (c) just slaughtered a bunch of witch hunters that didn't believe me when I said I had found nothing in Phillipa's lair. I feel like I may be doing things in a completely jumbled mess?

Anyway, do I permanently gently caress up getting Yen in the end if I do something wrong in this Now or Never quest? I keep reading conflicting poo poo. I want Yen for my video game digital romance for Geralt.

Palpek posted:

Son of a bitch. I must've missed that part... or maybe not far enough.

Meta-Mollusk posted:

Actually this moment can also happen if you just get him the key without knowing the location.

Damnit, I gave him the key and was like "durrr I don't know". Missed it.

exquisite tea posted:

That's the "correct" way in my mind because the Pesta slips up in a few ways. She
- says she can't leave the tower, but she somehow watches the guys house from the shore
- says she didn't kill that one guy, even though no one has been there and it's a fresh body

IIRC, I fought her in the courtyard for some reason at one point? Maybe that was just other generic specters. Anyway, that dude was ballsy as gently caress going to kiss that wraith. gently caress. At least she temporarily turned into normal as it happened.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

JetsGuy posted:

That's the "correct" way in my mind because the Pesta slips up in a few ways. She
- says she can't leave the tower, but she somehow watches the guys house from the shore
- says she didn't kill that one guy, even though no one has been there and it's a fresh body

IIRC, I fought her in the courtyard for some reason at one point? Maybe that was just other generic specters. Anyway, that dude was ballsy as gently caress going to kiss that wraith. gently caress. At least she temporarily turned into normal as it happened.

Funny thing is that neither of those would have been likely to raise any flags if she'd just admitted to them. Her being limited to the island is not any more suspicious than being limited to the tower, and a spirit being capable of violence against an intruder shouldn't come as a huge shock either.

Her inability to keep her story consistent with the facts is literally the only reason to suspect that following her request may be a bad idea. The fact themselves don't speak to any particular outcome.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

cheesetriangles posted:

I understand they want to make sure the patches don't break something or allow someone to code hack, but I still think it's stupid. Let the devs handle their poo poo, its not the responsibility of the console platform.

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

I'd appreciate any tips you folks have for the Golem boss in Velen. I'm finding that it's breaking my sword before I can do enough damage to it and my bombs are having little effect.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
Mkay, so I've stopped playing because I ran into a bug that doesn't let me fast travel out of Skellige. Any word on when that new, badass patch that fixes everything is coming out? Batman's a cool guy, but I miss Geralt.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

alex314 posted:

Not really years. The Noble dude relocated to the tower when the war hit, and it's only been going for about 6 months or so (it started at the end of W2). Velen was probably always a shithole, but it's only been a war-torn shithole for less than half a year. She's probably only been dead for 2-3 months or so.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I understand they want to make sure the patches don't break something or allow someone to code hack, but I still think it's stupid. Let the devs handle their poo poo, its not the responsibility of the console platform.

Yeah but on the other hand when the average person sticks the disc in and if it doesn't work they blame the console so I can see Sony and Microsoft's position.

TheStampede
Feb 20, 2008

"I'm like a hunter of peace. One who chases the elusive mayfly of love... or something like that."

nickmeister posted:

Mkay, so I've stopped playing because I ran into a bug that doesn't let me fast travel out of Skellige. Any word on when that new, badass patch that fixes everything is coming out? Batman's a cool guy, but I miss Geralt.

I've had this same thing happen recently, for what it's worth. Hopping the patch addresses this.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

There is not reason they couldn't just release the pc patch though.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

cheesetriangles posted:

There is not reason they couldn't just release the pc patch though.

When you release a patch for a console it has to go through an approval/certification process that is on Sony or Microsoft's side and kind of delays patch rollouts through no fault of the developer.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Cheston posted:

This game is too big. I have been actively trying to finish it for three weeks. I'm at 115 hours :(

I've played since launch, I have something like 120+ hours and I can't bear to play because the changelog on 1.07 is so full of great quality of life stuff.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Moridin920 posted:

When you release a patch for a console it has to go through an approval/certification process that is on Sony or Microsoft's side and kind of delays patch rollouts through no fault of the developer.

no he's mad that he has to wait 3-5 more days for something he only just learned about this week

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Moridin920 posted:

I am aware. What I mean is they could release it on PC and consoles get it later.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

cheesetriangles posted:

I am aware. What I mean is they could release it on PC and consoles get it later.

Yeah. Or they could do it the way they're doing it too. Which is what they're doing. I mean, they're still fixing this game for free and releasing all sorts of DLC, again, for free, along with two expansion packs that sound like they're gonna be as big as the previous game in the series.

So, like, at this point I kinda feel like if they want to wait a couple days to release a patch, that's okay. Especially if the cert process catches something that might also affect the PC version, so they can release a fixed patch instead of having to scramble around to get parity between different versions of the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

Afriscipio posted:

I'd appreciate any tips you folks have for the Golem boss in Velen. I'm finding that it's breaking my sword before I can do enough damage to it and my bombs are having little effect.

The one you fight while with Keira? Only use heavy attacks, buff yourself up with some elementa oil, use demertium bombs if you've got 'em. Or go repair your sword.