Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Novasol
Jul 27, 2006

Gortarius posted:

Was this mysteriouse stream recorded somewhere?

Unlike the time we got sidetracked talking about duck cloacas while playing Ghouls n Ghosts, it wasn't considered high enough quality for me to archive.

Or I forgot to highlight it before twitch's automated system ate it. I'm a loving idiot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

How many outdated Kony 2012 related jokes have had to be removed since development of the game started?

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
The Kobe 2012 quest line is too far in development to be removed.

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Anonymous Robot posted:

The Kobe 2012 quest line is too far in development to be removed.

You can just call it the main quest.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

slouch posted:

How many outdated Kony 2012 related jokes have had to be removed since development of the game started?

The entire game is built from outdated jokes, and bad jokes. Just like the ancient aliens built the pyramids from big stones to stand the test of time, we have built barkley2 from bad jokes and it will stand for thousands of years as a monument of guilt and shame.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
a good joke stops being a good joke eventually

a bad joke is always a bad joke, and will stand the test of time

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
I'm looking at Tetris Attack for the SNES on youtube.

Definitely going to rip this off for Barkley 2.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Gortarius posted:

if anything you should ripoff the city building portion of Actraiser

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

I was watching a video review of the original game for one of those video game sites and it was a riot because one of the guys didn't know poo poo about bball so he was talking about how he didn't get most of the jokes and I'm thinking why play the game if you don't know bball. I mean the game is still funny without knowing the balling but it's way loving funnier when you know the game.

Bball is life.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gortarius posted:

Rip Pokemon Puzzle League off instead, it's the same game with anime voice bites.

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...

Gortarius posted:

The entire game is built from outdated jokes, and bad jokes. Just like the ancient aliens built the pyramids from big stones to stand the test of time, we have built barkley2 from bad jokes and it will stand for thousands of years as a monument of guilt and shame.
On the backboard these words appear:
"My name is Shaquille O'Mandias, baller of ballers. Look upon my slams, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Nothing beside remains: round the decay of that colossal court, boundless and bare, the wasteland stretches far away.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

DeepQantas posted:

"My name is Shaquille O'Mandias, baller of ballers. Look upon my slams, ye Mighty, and despair!"

Nothing beside remains: round the decay of that colossal court, boundless and bare, the wasteland stretches far away.

This must be in the game now. Thank youa nd goodnight

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Gortarius posted:

Pfft, Yoshi's Cookie is where it's at. Just replace the Yoshi shaped cookie with Cyber Dwarf's head.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Huzzah! posted:

Pfft, Yoshi's Cookie is where it's at. Just replace the Yoshi shaped cookie with Cyber Dwarf's head.

Well, some sort of match 3 game or tetris clone anyway.

I'm drawing out layouts as we speak.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

This is becoming the Star Citizen of video games.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

My backer level was Free Pizza and I'm loving starving. :(

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Groovelord Neato posted:

This is becoming the Star Citizen of video games.

Star Citizen actually released something playable though.

This is more like a special project your crazy uncle has been building in the shed for the last decade that turns out to be just a pile of dismembered, semen encrusted barbie dolls

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
casting my vote for bakely's cookie

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Convex posted:

This is more like a special project your crazy uncle has been building in the shed for the last decade that turns out to be just a pile of dismembered, semen encrusted barbie dolls

So a step up from Star Citizen.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot
I hope the reason why it's taking so long is because you're redoing all the art assets in claymation.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Gortarius posted:

You should rip off the superior original Japanese version, Panel de Pon.

Yoshi sucks dicks in hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KscBrysLOZ0

DeepQantas
Jan 13, 2008

Ah, to be a Hero... Keeping such company...

Groovelord Neato posted:

This must be in the game now. Thank youa nd goodnight
I am hereby declaring that parody of a famous poem to be in Public Domain (legally, literally, totally man). Use it however you wish.

Cabbagepots posted:

You should rip off the superior original Japanese version, Panel de Pon.

Yoshi sucks dicks in hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KscBrysLOZ0
I prefer the C64/Amiga version: Poirot's Puzzle Paradise

DeepQantas fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jul 4, 2015

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

circ dick soleil posted:

I hope the reason why it's taking so long is because you're redoing all the art assets in claymation.

They were using Gamemaker, then they switched to Unity, then they switched to Unreal Engine 4, then they switched to Cryengine, then they made their own engine, then they switched back to Gamemaker.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

DeepQantas posted:

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Gortarius posted:

Plz place the Tetris Attack Hardest Mode ending sequence verbatim somewhere, it's really good

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
Wow I knew about Panel de Pon but had no idea that it was 100% the same except for the character sprites and character sound effects.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
clone pac attack instead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZyJt7N_T80

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Lakitu7 posted:

Wow I knew about Panel de Pon but had no idea that it was 100% the same except for the character sprites and character sound effects.

It had a direct sequel on the Gamecube.

Barkley needs more kawaii anime girls so please make sure that your PDP clone contains them, Tales of Game's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OW9pTw9sxw

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
I made a wrong turn somewhere and now this thing that was supposed to be like Tetris Attack is turning out to be Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine.

Cabbagepots
Apr 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

Gortarius posted:

I made a wrong turn somewhere and now this thing that was supposed to be like Tetris Attack is turning out to be Dr Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine.

That's fine, that also has a superior original Japanese version with cute anime girls, called Puyo Puyo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxWmS6FF-g8

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
How close is Barkley 2 to completion? Or is it going to die from feature creep and never be finished?

Barkley 3 needs to be the Bit.Trip FLUX of the series, being similar in scope to the first game (maybe bigger than B1 but still not as big as B2, as has been previously implied) but containing the best elements of, and lessons learned from, everything between the first and last games (in this case, the insane clusterfuck that is Barkley 2). You DO still plan to make a Barkley 3, right? And I think I might have been assuming that it'll be the finale.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Jul 9, 2015

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
B2 should actually be a triptych of games like ff13. Two further gaidens both trying to fix the flaws of the original.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Boyardee where is the game

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Please release a playable Robotron style arena shooter demo.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Turns out they were working on the new star wars battlefront and we just fell for the oldest trick in the book.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
They should have said Barkley 2 would be an open world space sim and they could have made $85 million.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Yaos posted:

They should have said Barkley 2 would be an open world space sim and they could have made $85 million.
Barkley 2 Team, 2017: well I know we said you'd be able to play it alone and offline but we couldn't make it work, there's literally no way you could have the true visionary experience without being connected to our servers 24/7 (we promise they'll be up at least 12/3) and engaging in multiplayer activities and chat with worthwhile human beings who also preordered Barkley 2: 2Dangerous4U

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.
I'm convinced that this game will be out before the end of the year. The OP says 2014 so I'm just assuming a typo there.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Well we had a 2014 BC, and a 2014 CE. Now we just need to wait for a 2014 after some other calendar takes root.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Well we had a 2014 BC, and a 2014 CE. Now we just need to wait for a 2014 after some other calendar takes root.

Good point. Did OP just mean 2014 AA (after announcement)?