Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
So I bought Her Story on steam since I realized that I had some steam wallet cash to spare, It's actually a legitimately interesting game! I really feel like I'm a hotshot detective piecing together a narrative crime story hunched over in a police archive, although, the game drops its coffee mug breaker twist REALLY early which I wasn't expecting it to, maybe I'm super smart and observant, I dunno, but that's not what it's about, what it's about piecing together the overall picture and uncovering the layers one by one, that's the actual draw of the game. I recommend it, but be aware so far it seems super short.

Also, I have no clue what those crybabies in the youtube comments are even mad about, the actress in this game is fantastic, what's up their asses about this game?

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Jul 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Blockhouse posted:

Can't find the link but there's this amazing exchange between a steam forum user and the Her Story devs which goes along the lines of

"How do I know when I've beaten the game?
"When you feel satisfied with what you've learned and reached your conclusion."
"How do I know when I'm satisfied?"
Are these people being obtuse, or are they really that dead inside? I can never tell with hradcoer gamrz.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Tupperwarez posted:

Are these people being obtuse, or are they really that dead inside? I can never tell with hradcoer gamrz.

Eet eez an SJW game and it must be fought back against with all the ferocity that their fingers can type.

You will sooner have them support actual bad unplayable games like Ride to Hell Retribution, Bubsy 3D and Superman 64 than admit to those types of games are also games.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

RareAcumen posted:

Ohhh, I see what my problem was. I thought that the price on them was for a single unit, not the total price of all of it. So I thought that they'd sell 3 units of Gravity and get $135.

Yeah, that's what I thought at first too. Still though, what's even the point of having a sell and a sell all button? Is there any reason at all to keep the drugs?

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?

Rhonne posted:

Yeah, that's what I thought at first too. Still though, what's even the point of having a sell and a sell all button? Is there any reason at all to keep the drugs?
Not just that, but why even bother with different types of drugs with their own names and prices? Why not just have every baddie drop a random amount of generic biker meth?

This sell menu we're seeing here is probably the cauterized stump of some elaborate drug-dealing system that they wanted to implement, but ran out of money/competence. Same thing with the open-world design and the bike modification.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Matt please do sonic adventure 2 and then shadow the hedgehog, SA1 was my favorite of your stuff until RTH came along

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Captain Invictus posted:

Matt please do sonic adventure 2 and then shadow the hedgehog, SA1 was my favorite of your stuff until RTH came along
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yhiM4Qk8Qc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fX-GUYrnIzc

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
if they do any other sonic games it has to be liam on controls with woolie and matt shattering his memories like in sonic adventures

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

hubris.height posted:

if they do any other sonic games it has to be liam on controls with woolie and matt shattering his memories like in sonic adventures

They can't play Sonic Adventure 2 then, since that game is great even today

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

It's not hth

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Just because SA2 is better than the shitpile that is SA1, it doesn't mean that it's great.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Man I played it like two weeks ago and it was great.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Man I played it like two weeks ago and it was great.

Congratulations on liking a bad game I guess.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
bad games are beautiful too

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
Speaking of bad games I'm watching the Other M let's watch and man Woolie trying desperately to defend this game while Pat tears it apart is just the worst. I'm glad Woolie finally came to his senses eventually.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I also played it two weeks ago and aside from hearing more of the Fighting Freak Knuckles music again, I never want to see him, Rouge, Eggman, or Tails again. Then I played Shadow and now I don't want to see Shadow again.

Also Ride to Hell is the best thin I've seen from an LPer ever, this is including Chip's "gently caress IT PARRY IT" from his MGR lp.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So here's an explanation to Matt's question about Devil's Third: Reports are coming out that Nintendo isn't publishing it, they lost faith in it with technical difficulties like inconsistent frame rate the reason. That's why they didn't show it at E3 and removed it from their eshops.

However, it's going to be released by a different publisher.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Oh, I was going to post about Devil's Third but didn't think the guys cared about it.
Apparently XSeed is gonna pick up the slack. Good on them.
Nice of Nintendo to just go "gently caress third parties" even more.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Devil's Third looks like rear end and the fact that known crazy person Itagaki is a big part of the game means I do not blame Nintendo for not associating themselves with it. Nintendo already has a good M-Rated game under their name that's not the worst kind of edgy.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

I will buy itagaki's game

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

Beef Chief posted:

Devil's Third looks like rear end and the fact that known crazy person Itagaki is a big part of the game means I do not blame Nintendo for not associating themselves with it. Nintendo already has a good M-Rated game under their name that's not the worst kind of edgy.

They do? This is news to me.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

KaosMachina posted:

They do? This is news to me.

Are you seriously besmirching Bayonetta 2

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It's called Bayonetta, unless you're being a smartass in which case farrrrrrrrrrrrrttttttttttttttttttt.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Beef Chief posted:

I also played it two weeks ago and aside from hearing more of the Fighting Freak Knuckles music again, I never want to see him, Rouge, Eggman, or Tails again. Then I played Shadow and now I don't want to see Shadow again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glTnjGmjTcQ

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

hubris.height posted:

are there any you can think of that wouldn't fit a category like 'interactive fiction' or 'visual novel' better?

Almost all the LucasArts classic adventure games, manh modern adventure games, David Cage's recent games. You could argue that many multiplayer games don't have fail states.

RareAcumen posted:

Terraria, Kirby's Epic Yarn, TF2, Dark Souls, Animal Crossing

Wait, what's a fail state now? All I can think of is adventure game bullshit.

Defining a game as not a game is the dumbest thing gamers do.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
is it too much to hope devil's third completely crashes and burns and itagaki never does anything ever again

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Improbable Lobster posted:

Almost all the LucasArts classic adventure games, manh modern adventure games, David Cage's recent games. You could argue that many multiplayer games don't have fail states.

adventure games are the classic interesting case for the definition and i've always wondered why they aren't discussed in the great games that are not games debates. of course, interactive fiction seems like a better name, but they have gameplay elements within them, sooooo....

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

hubris.height posted:

adventure games are the classic interesting case for the definition and i've always wondered why they aren't discussed in the great games that are not games debates. of course, interactive fiction seems like a better name, but they have gameplay elements within them, sooooo....

Because admittjng that not all games fit into a neat definition would be letting the SJWs win

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
poo poo posts are a videogame and you are topping the scoreboard every round.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

The Kins posted:

Lemme just enter my initials.

F U K

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

The Kins posted:

Woohoo, I'm the best! Are there shitpost cheevos? This is important!

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
an interesting game

the only winning move is to :justpost:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Blockhouse posted:

is it too much to hope devil's third completely crashes and burns and itagaki never does anything ever again

You and me both

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Blockhouse posted:

Seems like a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy at this point. I don't think we've seen pixel one of the actual game (was ANY media released after that live-action E3 trailer?) and everything I've heard about it has been negative.

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

Blockhouse posted:

as long as itagaki has a channel with which to constantly poo poo-talk tekken

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Genetic Toaster posted:

as long as itagaki has a channel with which to constantly poo poo-talk tekken

yeah sure let him hang around on twitter I guess just maybe don't give him jobs around women ever again

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Alright, someone's gotta explain to me what this whole Itagaki situation is. Another Japanese ex-big company dev going on a bender?

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

HGH posted:

Alright, someone's gotta explain to me what this whole Itagaki situation is. Another Japanese ex-big company dev going on a bender?

He's a Japanese dev who turned into an oatmeal cookie.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

HGH posted:

Tomonobu Itagaki is the director of the Dead or Alive series (Until 5) and the modern Ninja Gaiden games. He is a man who is very dedicated in his games and is very quirky. He is also a crazy man who believes that the Tekken series is a great series of garbage games because he claims in Japan there was an ad that Namco put out which attempted to besmirch DOA. Then while working on DOA4 he saw high-level footage of DOA3, didn't like how the game looked at high-level play and then hosed with the game mechanics so much so it would fit his vision and be terrible for tourney players. Then when he finally left Team Ninja and the DOA team made a more solid fighting game with DOA5 he went on to say that "His daughter was totally ruined" insulting the team he left that worked so hard to deliver a new DOA.

This is just the development side of things too. This is not to get into how he had a sexual harassment lawsuit and is really crazy about talking poo poo about Tecmo. Oh and he looks like aged oatmeal now and it's really nasty, but that's petty. He's kinda like the Anti-Kamiya, where as Kamiya is frank, but respectful of people in the game's industry and is generally very well meaning, Itagaki does not give a gently caress and says whatever he wants to about anything. He's also one of those dudes in Japan who was trying to push for Japanese games to catch up to western standards like Inafune.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Wow, screw him, Tekken is the poo poo.