Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

RisqueBarber posted:

Who would you guys take here (Red are players taken)? To me its between Blount and Boldin.

12 Team - 0 PPR - 1QB (16) / 2RB (41) / 3WR (44) / 1TE (17) / 0FLX / 1DST / 1PK
Passing: 6 PPTD, 0.04 PPY, -2 Int | Rushing: 6 PPTD, 0.1 PPY | Receiving: 6 PPTD, 0.1 PPY, 0 PPR | Updated: 2015-07-05

I'd personally probably go Landry or LaFell, depending on how savvy your league is and how likely Lafell is going to be available at your next pick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
Allen Robinson would be my pick there, because he is the only one (besides maybe LaFell) who has WR1 upside in his bound of possible outcomes.

You need to hit a home run now that you've hosed up your team composition so badly, and IMO he's the best bet of that lot.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Forever_Peace posted:

I'd personally probably go Landry or LaFell, depending on how savvy your league is and how likely Lafell is going to be available at your next pick.

0 PPR means Landry is poo poo. Agholor or Robinson would be my picks.

Franks Happy Place posted:

Allen Robinson would be my pick there, because he is the only one (besides maybe LaFell) who has WR1 upside in his bound of possible outcomes.

You need to hit a home run now that you've hosed up your team composition so badly, and IMO he's the best bet of that lot.

No Agholor? Even with reports that Matthews is going to stay in the slot?

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

RVProfootballer posted:

He's the guy I'd be hoping will still be there for his next pick as a WR2. I agree he has massive upside, but he's still a first year WR, it's never a good idea to go balls in on one of those as your WR1.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

RisqueBarber posted:

Who would you guys take here (Red are players taken)? To me its between Blount and Boldin.

Passing: 6 PPTD, 0.04 PPY, -2 Int | Rushing: 6 PPTD, 0.1 PPY | Receiving: 6 PPTD, 0.1 PPY, 0 PPR | Updated: 2015-07-05

Holy crap.

Your next six picks have to be WRs, because you're going to have to hope for someone to have a huge breakout, and also probably do a lot of horse trading and scouring the waiver wire every week.

It's cool you got Luck, and Romo as a backup is crazy good, but you're only going to get points from one or the other every week.

I can't fathom drafting Yeldon before a WR1.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Maybe Wright and hope Mariota is the second coming?

Or Charles Johnson and hope it isn't all hype

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Azhais posted:

Maybe Wright and hope Mariota is the second coming?

Or Charles Johnson and hope it isn't all hype

Kendall Wright loving sucks.

Charles Johnson is definitely somebody I'm targeting this year, as are Agholor and John Brown. But those are guys I am targeting as my WR3 with the hopes that they have upside, not my WR 1 or 2. He really needed a solid anchor WR1 before now, so that we'd be talking about Allen Robinson as a WR2 and Charles Johnson as a WR3; that's a lineup I can get behind.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

RisqueBarber posted:

Allen Robinson for sure.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

RVProfootballer posted:

This only applies to 3 wr sets and is not a negative to Mathews value in any way.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Papes posted:

This only applies to 3 wr sets and is not a negative to Mathews value in any way.

I think his point was that Agholor has good upside as Chip's X receiver, not that Matthews has diminished value.

And he is definitely the starting X, he's not just on the field for 3 WR sets. Cooper got demoted and Agholor is over Huff right now.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

I think his point was that Agholor has good upside as Chip's X receiver, not that Matthews has diminished value.

Hmm that would make more sense. I took it as Mathews being in the slot adds value to agholor, like he would get more targets or something.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

RisqueBarber posted:

Colson, Agholor, Steve Smith, Garcon.

Enjoy your TJ Yeldon, though, lmao.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
You guys should log in to Yahoo and check out the awesome new site design!

This poo poo is blinding. I'm considering moving a league with 12 years of Yahoo history to another site.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Kendall Wright loving sucks.

Any argument behind that statement? TEN seems happy with him -- contract extension -- and he caught over 100 balls a couple years ago.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

pmchem posted:

Any argument behind that statement? TEN seems happy with him -- contract extension -- and he caught over 100 balls a couple years ago.

Allow me to rephrase: Kendall Wright is an adequate, low-upside slot receiver. I guess if you're playing PPR (barf) he has some value, but he's got way less upside than some of the other guys in his ADP range.

Even if Mariota proves to be amazing, and has a fantastic rookie QB season, Wright isn't going to be their RZ option and is still playing for a bad team with a bad coach.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Wright had 5 red zone tds last year if anyone was wondering

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

Metapod posted:

Wright had 5 red zone tds last year if anyone was wondering

I am assuming DGB will be their new go-to option down there, but I also almost entirely withhold my judgement on these things until I see some pre-season usage/scheming. We shall see.

The other thing about the Titans is that bad quarterback play was only part of the reason they sucked. Ken Whisenhunt is not somebody I have a ton of confidence in, tbh.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
^all of that is true, I was just pointing out wright got red zone tds.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

I'm in an interesting position draft-wise this year. Here's my current roster of keepers:

QB: Russel Wilson (7th round keeper)
WR1: Odell Beckham (18th round keeper)
WR2: Allen Robinson (17th round keeper)
RB1: Jeremy Hill (Another 7th rounder I traded for)
RB2: Jonathan Stewart (16th round keeper)
TE: Travis Kelce (12 round keeper)

Dat core roster. :perfect:

I traded my first, fifth, and six round picks last year, but have two 4ths and two 7ths, the latter two being used as per above.

All of the best RBs will be kept until about the late third round, but I'm thinking of targeting somebody like Frank Gore or Mark Ingram with my third rounder. The thinking there is a) always nice to have more RB depth, and b) a third round pick is best used on somebody with lower keeper than this-season value, as their cost will increase next year and price them out of contention anyways. Might as well get a useful vet instead.

In the 4th, though, I'm thinking of targeting Gurley, with an aim to keep him next year as a third-rounder. I'd also target Andre Johnson as my WR2/3 (depending on how Robinson performs), for pretty much the same logic I outlined above for Gore. Then I'd go back to targeting high-upside rookie/young WRs down the line, guys like Agholor, Charles Johnson, etc.

I also probably need to pick up another TE.

Thoughts?

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I have to bow out, I think. Not gonna be home all weekend.

Enforka
Dec 24, 2004

I'm in an interesting position draft-wise this year. Here's my current roster of keepers:

QB: Russel Wilson (7th round keeper)
WR1: Odell Beckham (18th round keeper)
WR2: Allen Robinson (17th round keeper)
RB1: Jeremy Hill (Another 7th rounder I traded for)
RB2: Jonathan Stewart (16th round keeper)
TE: Travis Kelce (12 round keeper)

Thoughts?
That core is a thing of beauty- young, cheap and talented. Assuming a standard roster (1QB/2RB/2WR/1TE/1FLEX) I don't think you need more depth. Robinson and Stewart are cromulent second starters, but who says they have to start?

If you can stack a RB1/WR1 and another WR2/RB2 on top of those guys, you're doing fantastic for depth. I'd try moving up in the draft by dealing a bunch of mid-round picks to a team that's rebuilding. Maybe a 2nd and two 4ths for a 1st round pick? Or a 3rd and two 4ths for a 2nd round pick? If I were on the other side of that offer, I would give it serious consideration.

Sure you don't pick again until round 8 or whatever, but you don't really need to. You have 3 starters at RB and WR, which is enough to weather byes and maybe an injury or two. You can start to grab those fliers and backup QBs and TEs at round 8 just fine.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

We need 1 more to start the goon MFL10. To quickly recap, it's draft only, best ball, no in season management or lineups. Think of it as a mock draft with :10bux: on the line.

http://football20.myfantasyleague.com/2015/public?O=12&ACTION=LIST&PASSWORD=goon2015

I have created a thread that gives some additional information. I'd like to repeatedly start a new one after the current one nears the end. It'd be great if we could do a handful of them with all goons.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3730692&userid=70313#post447643078

Its Miller Time fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jul 12, 2015

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice
I'll give it a try should be good practice

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

MFL thing starts tomorrow at 10AM PST/1PM EST.

drizzle
Jul 7, 2004

The world is a fine place and worth the fighting for and I hate very much to leave it.
Looks like today actually

Zombie Tsunami
Jun 22, 2006

Anybody in here happen to write for Dynasty League Football? I'm applying to be a writer and was looking for a pppuuusshhhh

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Zombie Tsunami posted:

Anybody in here happen to write for Dynasty League Football? I'm applying to be a writer and was looking for a pppuuusshhhh

Tell them I said you are a good poster

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

I'm commissioner in one of my leagues and to determine draft order, we are having a combine of sorts at the local bar but I am looking for a copy of the wonderlic (or equivalent). However, because I am in the league, I cant really look at the test before draft day in two weeks. So basically, could someone help me find a wonderlic and tell me if its appropriate for people without a ton of football knowledge (about half the league isnt ultra knowledgeable about the sport/not American). I found one on Page 2 but I dont know if its any good

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Arctic Baldwin posted:

I'm commissioner in one of my leagues and to determine draft order, we are having a combine of sorts at the local bar but I am looking for a copy of the wonderlic (or equivalent). However, because I am in the league, I cant really look at the test before draft day in two weeks. So basically, could someone help me find a wonderlic and tell me if its appropriate for people without a ton of football knowledge (about half the league isnt ultra knowledgeable about the sport/not American). I found one on Page 2 but I dont know if its any good
It's an IQ test (I got one when I applied for a job awhile back, though that's kind of uncommon), zero football stuff on it, mostly logic/basic but tricky math/reading comprehension/vocab things. There are some sample ones online, I don't know if they're OFFICIAL but since it's for draft order in pretend football league I'm sure it's fine.
e.g., just with a quick google
http://samplewonderlictest.com/

Is it a snake draft, where the first pick in round 1 gets the last in round 2? If so it's not super clear what the best position is, anyway (I'd like to see an analysis about that "in general", though the effect is going to be super small)

Professor Moriarty
May 16, 2007
strong vs. Earth attacks
Someone recommend me a MFL Android app please. I know they're all third party and mostly crap but I need something for my less tech savvy league members... some who are still suffering culture shock from the ESPN-to-MFL transition.

Also, suggestions on any ways to improve MFLs interface via CSS plug-ins would be welcome. I'm not regretting the transition from ESPN (hell, processing keepers took 3 mins vs. 3 hours on ESPN last year) but god it's annoying trying to find FAs, etc. Especially the non-keepers that were just dropped in my league.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
We're trying something different this year with our draft order.

First round order is determined NBA draft lottery style. So last year's worst team has the best odds of grabbing the first pick.

Second round order is also determined by another NBA draft lottery but odds are now determined by the first round order (the twelfth pick gets best odds at first pick in the second round). And then it continues like that through the last round.

I had the 7th best odds of getting the first pick and I got....the 7th pick. But I lucked out and got the 1st pick of the second round (which made my third round pick much lower, 7th, and then a stroke of bad luck with the 4th round, 10th pick). So it all balances out.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Sounds like that'd be frustrating if some bad luck came your way.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
I need to get my roster down to 16 players before this season's draft in my goon dynasty league (year 4), after which my roster will be back to 24. I need to cut 3 more players, who would you guys release?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Anderron Shi posted:

I need to get my roster down to 16 players before this season's draft in my goon dynasty league (year 4), after which my roster will be back to 24. I need to cut 3 more players, who would you guys release?

Pitta, SFO defense, Steven Jackson. Easy. You could also easily cut Kendricks, Antone Smith, and Devin Hester.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

As an SF homer, I can say dump that defense for sure. The SF defense has been absolutely gutted during the offseason, and it wasn't exactly performing great last year anyway.

Antone Smith is coming off a broken leg, and is the Falcon's RB3 at best. He's a total crapshoot for relevant production this year, so I'd say he's dumpable.

Dennis Pitta is also coming off of serious hip injury and isn't exactly a star TE in the first place. I'd drop him too.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Sounds like that'd be frustrating if some bad luck came your way.

Eh, there wasn't anyone who either won really big or lost really big.

Here's our 12-man league and the starting odds for the 1st round:

Better Than Boraks - 15.3%
ATL Dirty Birds 13 - 14.1%
BBQers - 12.8%
Cycloptical - 11.5%
Flying Spaghetti Monsters - 10.3%
U.S.S. Babineaux - 9%
Gridiron Goons - 7.7% - me
Money Ballers - 6.4%
Groan Men - 5.1%
Chi-Town Mob - 3.8%
Darkness - 2.6%
Hitmen - 1.3%

And the results:
ATL Dirty Birds 13
Money Ballers
BBQers
Better Than Boraks
U.S.S. Babineaux
Chi-Town Mob
Gridiron Goons
Cycloptical
Hitmen
Groan Men
Flying Spaghetti Monsters
Darkness

A couple of losers (Flying Spaghetti Monsters, 5th to 11th, and Cycloptical, 4th to 8th) and a couple of winners (Money Ballers, 8th to 2nd, and Hitmen, 12th to 9th).

As for the later rounds, the big loser, Spaghetti Monsters, nabbed the 6th, 9th, and 5th picks of the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds, respectively.
The big winner, Money Ballers, nabbed the 8th, 3rd, and 11th picks of the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th rounds, again respectively.

The average round position ended up being pretty close. Everyone hovering around 6 with a few above and a few below. Exactly what you expect when you randomize position each round.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Anderron Shi posted:

Steven Jackson doesn't even have a team and is probably done for good. You should've cut him months ago.

Antone Smith is buried on the depth chart and was a total crapshoot even before breaking his leg.

There's no reason to carry a defense in the offseason.

You could make at least 2-3 more easy cuts to that team. Pitta is coming off his second hip surgery in two years and no longer has Gary "TE whisperer" Kubiak, James Starks is only useful if you also have Lacy, and who the hell is rostering Devin Hester in TYOOL 2015?

Benne fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jul 13, 2015

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Pitta isn't medically cleared yet and may never be

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Azhais posted:

Pitta isn't medically cleared yet and may never be

And the Ravens trading up to draft Maxx Williams in the second round should also tell you how they feel about Pitta's prospects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
2015-07-13 BeerSheets

• Locked thread