Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

bolind posted:

Don't ever do this. There's a million valid reasons your prospective job could fall through, and now you're stuck looking like a dumbass. Guess who'll be first in line should a round of layoffs come, or who will only be assigned bitch work from now on.

It is the Navy and I've passed everything to this point but you have a point, it still is possible (even though nobody I've talked to has seen that happen). Maybe I'll just explain what's going on to my boss, he already knows, he got a form to fill out from them for the background check. He'll understand, once I get the confirmation I'm gone. It's not like this is a good job I get benefits or anything from.

I was going to do it first thing this morning but this it why I decided I would wait until next week and think about what I want to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Nodoze posted:

I still am although I don't live right in the city. I love it though, it's such a great car. If anything ever happened to it I would not hesitate getting another one

I drove a friend's last week and it has a few performance Spoon bits under the bonnet and a bit of lowering. Dear Lord it's such a fantastic car to drive. I now want one. A lot. The noise it makes with the Spoon mods too is awesome, full on race car mode.

Edit: not his but the same setup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6P08RFqXaY

It's great because it doesn't drone at speed on the freeway/motorway and driving sensibly it's quiet. But once you give it some right foot it wails.

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 14:49 on Jul 10, 2015

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Ah Friday, been running around putting out fires since 6am but I think everything is fixed now. Need things to stay quiet so I can get out of here a bit early and finish cleaning up the house and take care of the lawn.

Debating signing up for a intro to rowing class tomorrow. Would be fun I'm sure but it's fairly expensive and I'm not going to have the time to actually do any rowing unless I pick up a ERG machine or something. Might just take the kayak out instead.

Tomorrow is my last day of peace and quiet before the roommates return. The house is so peaceful without them. Of course they get back around 11pm and will be loud as poo poo when they get to the house :fuckoff:

Date for Sunday evening hasn't cancelled yet.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

So the boss said I can leave at 1pm today (work commitments allowing), because we had 2 late nights this week, but I have a meeting at 3pm. I hate people that schedule meetings after lunch on a Friday, why people.. why?

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....
Yesterday was a travel day. Today, in theory, will be a light day working remotely. Then out of office for a week, going back home to instantly turn around and come right back here for a few days of team meetings. Should be a nice relaxing 2 weeks.

Bring on the beach!

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

SFH1989 posted:

It is the Navy and I've passed everything to this point but you have a point, it still is possible (even though nobody I've talked to has seen that happen). Maybe I'll just explain what's going on to my boss, he already knows, he got a form to fill out from them for the background check. He'll understand, once I get the confirmation I'm gone. It's not like this is a good job I get benefits or anything from.

I was going to do it first thing this morning but this it why I decided I would wait until next week and think about what I want to do.
That Navy thing could be delayed for no good reason for another 6 months and then whoops you have no job.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

88h88 posted:

I drove a friend's last week and it has a few performance Spoon bits under the bonnet and a bit of lowering. Dear Lord it's such a fantastic car to drive. I now want one. A lot. The noise it makes with the Spoon mods too is awesome, full on race car mode.

Edit: not his but the same setup.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6P08RFqXaY

It's great because it doesn't drone at speed on the freeway/motorway and driving sensibly it's quiet. But once you give it some right foot it wails.

Mine is all stock except for a set of bilsteins. I love hearing the engine rev up, it's such a lovely sound.

Buy one and don't look back, they are absolutely amazing cars

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Awww yiss, big Mazda event over in Autopolis next weekend. among other things they'll be running a 787B :allears: Can't wait to hear one of those crazy group C Mazdas in person. I've already bought my ticket and found a friend to drive down with me.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Wrar posted:

That Navy thing could be delayed for no good reason for another 6 months and then whoops you have no job.

It's basically a sure thing at this point but yeah this still could happen however unlikely. I nearly had a heart attack last week when I read about the security breach that's putting the background check process on hold. Luckily that only affects one's that were started very recently. I'm just very excited and anxious right now. My current job is bullshit but I am getting paid.

I've never moved or gotten an apartment before (college doesn't count), so that's going to be a new experience too.

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Nodoze posted:

I still am although I don't live right in the city. I love it though, it's such a great car. If anything ever happened to it I would not hesitate getting another one

How is it in the winter? I'm more concerned about clearance than handling since I'll go with snows. I live right in the city, I'll likely garage it.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Depending on how much stuff you have, hiring movers can be worth it.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Wrar posted:

Just to reiterate, do not ever quit a job without another lined up unless you are independently wealthy.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Hell I've known people who got a job and then had the offer taken back a week before they were supposed to start.

They are very flexible with start dates too and understand I need the time to move and everything.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Man I love this contractor. At the bar for lunch, on the boss. Too bad the fall is only for another 2 or 3 weeks.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

How is it in the winter? I'm more concerned about clearance than handling since I'll go with snows. I live right in the city, I'll likely garage it.

I raised mine up for winter but i was still lower than stock and I was hitting larger snow piled up in the centerline where people weren't driving. I have picked it up more since then though and don't plan on going back that low.

Its surprisingly easy to control in the snow and i was only on all seasons. Very easy to make it step out if you want but its really easy to get it back in line unless you are going way too fast. I'm gonna try and grab a set of blizzaks on Craigslist cause my all seasons are toast and weren't ideal anyway. They were alright in fresh snow but did not like slush or wet snow. I've seen videos of people doing mountain runs on snow paths with winter tires and running pretty fast

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

SFH1989 posted:

Hell I've known people who got a job and then had the offer taken back a week before they were supposed to start.

They are very flexible with start dates too and understand I need the time to move and everything.

Happened to the wife. Had a great job lined up, then the economy poo poo the bed. 10 days before she was going to move 1000km. Already had everything packed, hadn't looked for other jobs post-uni, anything. Fortunately the company were very respectable about it, and paid her 3 months salary lump-sump, which helped, but she spent a good...almost a year before she had a real full-time job in her field again.

Thelonious
Jul 16, 2005

Any rust belt goons at Iola? I've been here for three hours and could already make sizable posts in both the awesome and terrible threads.

SFH1989
Apr 23, 2007

Siochain posted:

Happened to the wife. Had a great job lined up, then the economy poo poo the bed. 10 days before she was going to move 1000km. Already had everything packed, hadn't looked for other jobs post-uni, anything. Fortunately the company were very respectable about it, and paid her 3 months salary lump-sump, which helped, but she spent a good...almost a year before she had a real full-time job in her field again.

She never even worked and they gave her money for her trouble? I didn't think companies were allowed to be that decent.

The longer it goes the more time I have to do things like get my LTD sold, save for the move, and research apartments. I have been using my current employee discount to buy tools too.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

SFH1989 posted:

She never even worked and they gave her money for her trouble? I didn't think companies were allowed to be that decent.

Yeah that sounds like a great bunch of people. Can they not hire me too?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Nodoze posted:

I raised mine up for winter but i was still lower than stock and I was hitting larger snow piled up in the centerline where people weren't driving. I have picked it up more since then though and don't plan on going back that low.

Its surprisingly easy to control in the snow and i was only on all seasons. Very easy to make it step out if you want but its really easy to get it back in line unless you are going way too fast. I'm gonna try and grab a set of blizzaks on Craigslist cause my all seasons are toast and weren't ideal anyway. They were alright in fresh snow but did not like slush or wet snow. I've seen videos of people doing mountain runs on snow paths with winter tires and running pretty fast

Thanks for the help. What is the feasibility of carrying skis? I am thinking a hardtop with a roof rack - is this an idiot plan?

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Yeah that sounds like a great bunch of people. Can they not hire me too?

I would also like to be not hired by this company. Hell, since I don't quit a job till I have another anymore, that'd be extra awesome :v:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Thanks for the help. What is the feasibility of carrying skis? I am thinking a hardtop with a roof rack - is this an idiot plan?

Never seen a hard top roof rack. Someone might make a trunk rack though which seems like a much better idea. I cant imagine anyone wanting to put holes in a hard top

Best idea would probably be using a different car though haha

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

God drat I hate doctors. They have such a good loving scam going on. No I do not need to keep making appointments every month with you just to check my blood pressure when it has been good for like 2 years now.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Super Aggro Crag posted:

God drat I hate doctors. They have such a good loving scam going on. No I do not need to keep making appointments every month with you just to check my blood pressure when it has been good for like 2 years now.

Joke's gonna be on you when you OD on weed and the doctors find out about your doctor bigotry.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007
hello im back in ai buy me avatars plz :-*
One of our used car buyers just took in a 1995 Miata with one owner and 43k miles on it. It has the R package body kits, but my boss and the buyers swore up and down that it didn't fit the guidelines for the R package, but I followed my instincts and Mazda corporate confirmed that it is a real R package. I'm super loving stoked that I got to prove my car knowledge to my bosses, and it's extra exciting because our Heritage rental fleet has been looking for an R package.

Last night they had an open house for our Heritage collection. I got to drive a 1984 RX7 and a 1973 Bronco, plus I got to check out our company's D90, Sunbeam Tiger, Grand Wagoneer, and a variety of fun vintage roadsters. The collection even has a 1988 FJ62 with only 9k miles on it.

It's only the 10th and I've already sent 30 cars to their new homes through my internet department, so I feel pretty good about work right now.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

SFH1989 posted:

The longer it goes the more time I have to do things like get my LTD sold, save for the move, and research apartments. I have been using my current employee discount to buy tools too.

I'm ~pretty~ sure if we'd have investigated it, they actually shouldn't have been able to lay her off as they did. But its a small industry, and fighting it would have just meant a) a job where the management wants you gone and b) your name smeared so nobody wants to hire you. It threw her into a pretty bad depression for a bit, but she likes where she is now :)

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42

goatse guy posted:

One of our used car buyers just took in a 1995 Miata with one owner and 43k miles on it. It has the R package body kits, but my boss and the buyers swore up and down that it didn't fit the guidelines for the R package, but I followed my instincts and Mazda corporate confirmed that it is a real R package. I'm super loving stoked that I got to prove my car knowledge to my bosses, and it's extra exciting because our Heritage rental fleet has been looking for an R package.

Last night they had an open house for our Heritage collection. I got to drive a 1984 RX7 and a 1973 Bronco, plus I got to check out our company's D90, Sunbeam Tiger, Grand Wagoneer, and a variety of fun vintage roadsters. The collection even has a 1988 FJ62 with only 9k miles on it.

It's only the 10th and I've already sent 30 cars to their new homes through my internet department, so I feel pretty good about work right now.

Are you still not sales? Because you should probably be in sales.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

goatse guy posted:

our Heritage rental fleet has been looking for an R package.
This sounds interesting. So people can borrow classic cars from you? The list you gave seemed quite mixed, is it just whatever takes their fancy, or is there some logic to it?

Quite A Tool posted:

She's internet sales team leader or something. As I understand it, everything about selling a car without having to face-to-face with the great unwashed.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Quite A Tool posted:

I manage our business development department. My managers and corporate BDC director would never leave me leave this spot. I'm obscenely good at my job for someone who is a glorified appointment setter, and my customers account for half of all of the customers who walk into our showroom.

I actually wouldn't mind giving car sales a try now that I've gotten over my extreme fear of getting in cars wth strangers, though.

Initial Dave, people can rent cars for the day. It's tailored toward car nuts like us right now, but we just added a Ferrari F430. Our Bentley, Maserati and Aston Martin dealership are constantly badgered by people who want to rent or borrow a car for weddings, photo shoots, or other special occasions, and this will hopefully be a good place to direct those customers to as they build our fleet. You can check out the whole collection with photos at morriesheritage.com

goatse guy fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jul 10, 2015

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Might want to have your website guys double check on how some of those cars are classified :v:

Unless that's one really unusual Speedster replica...

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
I would rock the poo poo out of a 356 Speedster replica on a Blazer frame with knobbies.

Quite A Tool
Jul 4, 2004

The answer is... 42
So do you get commission? Or is it just hourly/salary?

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Quite A Tool posted:

So do you get commission? Or is it just hourly/salary?

Hourly wage, plus commission for every appointment that shows up and more for each car that sells, plus I also have a chance to get a bonus based on my department's closing rate.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Movie Chat.

Holy. poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZgJqX8Dxzg

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

I will have to check that out. My senior year in HS one of my current roomies won like 8 Roger Waters concert tickets the morning of. Great show.

Anyways, I got a sticker today...

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

meatpimp posted:

Holy. poo poo.

Holy poo poo indeed. Time to piss off the neighbors, main stereo fired up.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
Looks like I hosed myself by filing a claim. Apparently it works better to get a bunch of estimates first and then just telling the insurance which one I'm going to go with.

Live and learn I guess.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
No longer having a room to hide from my girlfriend's terrible tv choices is starting to be painful. She's watching Gilmore Girls and it's so loving terrible it makes me want to die.

goatse guy
Jan 23, 2007

Rhyno posted:

No longer having a room to hide from my girlfriend's terrible tv choices is starting to be painful. She's watching Gilmore Girls and it's so loving terrible it makes me want to die.

Paul Anka is the most likable character on that show. I saw it through to the bitter end because my friends swear up and down that the show is great, but now that I have real hobbies I really regret spending weeks marathon-watching it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

goatse guy posted:

Paul Anka is the most likable character on that show. I saw it through to the bitter end because my friends swear up and down that the show is great, but now that I have real hobbies I really regret spending weeks marathon-watching it.

I don't know who the gently caress that is but nobody on this show is likable. I'm going to start binge-watching the worst poo poo I can find as payback.

• Locked thread