Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stump collector
May 28, 2007
Yeah e w e q is definitely going to help you a little bit early. I still think botrk is incredibly poo poo since it costs more than nashors and does less damage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KamikazePotato
Jun 28, 2010
Maybe I'm just paying attention more right now but there seem to be more bugs and issues this patch than usual. That's not unsurprising considering the big changes that happened, but in addition to all the bugs related to the new poo poo there's also poo poo like the Zed minion debacle or Master Yi's passive not refreshing Alpha Strike.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Sexpansion posted:

Runeglaive Eve is poo poo, you hit a super late power spike that's not even worth it. Warrior -> triforce -> tank is way, way better if you want to do damage with Eve and you get fed early.

Have you even played it post-buff? The base stats and proc make Runeglaive comparable to Warrior and she gets so-so value from armor pen. And lol suggesting triforce as a reasonable damage item on a jungle budget, at least with Runeglaive you can sit on a Giant's belt and grab Rylai's if you pick up a string of kills and still be pretty tanky. Most recent builds on probuilds have moved over to Runeglaive into tank now, too.

Firebert fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jul 10, 2015

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
the closer i get to plat, the more every single person plays like they're bronze :I

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Lovechop posted:

the closer i get to plat, the more every single person plays like they're bronze :I

spoken like a true autistic weeaboo

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Firebert posted:

Have you even played it post-buff? The base stats and proc make Runeglaive comparable to Warrior and she gets so-so value from armor pen. And lol suggesting triforce as a reasonable damage item on a jungle budget, at least with Runeglaive you can sit on a Giant's belt and grab Rylai's if you pick up a string of kills and still be pretty tanky. Most recent builds on probuilds have moved over to Runeglaive into tank now, too.

It does seem pretty popular, I admit. I still don't like it, but I am trash so I am probably wrong :)

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
How do you guys feel about Tahm top? I tried it one game and completely poo poo on a Riven, every time she tried to all in me I just ate her. It was fun.

Any ideas for item builds?

fnox
May 19, 2013

I think Tahm is better suited for solo laning despite it sounding counter-intuitive. I think it's too hard for him to proc his passive as a support when he has to trade almost every time he wants to land a hit, let alone three in a row.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

Thumbtacks posted:

How do you guys feel about Tahm top? I tried it one game and completely poo poo on a Riven, every time she tried to all in me I just ate her. It was fun.

Any ideas for item builds?

Wouldn't she just be able to steadily chisel away at your HP by just dropping all of her cooldowns once then backing off? Unless she's going in when you have multiple stacks ready or using her spells stupidly or otherwise playing badly.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

fnox posted:

I think Tahm is better suited for solo laning despite it sounding counter-intuitive. I think it's too hard for him to proc his passive as a support when he has to trade almost every time he wants to land a hit, let alone three in a row.

Passive lasts longer than Q cooldown, so if you're able to land it you only need to be close to eat em. I usually do a mix of Qs and autos and it fills up without putting me in too much danger.

Tahm has one of the longest unconditional melee ranges you can get so it's not always as hard as it seems.

Catgirl Al Capone fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jul 10, 2015

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

fnox posted:

I agree that he's a better top laner, but I could see him as a niche pick as a support vs. certain champions like Vi, Syndra, Zed, Naut, etc. Being able to effortlessly peel hard engage on your adc is pretty valuable. His laning phase would be Bard/Alistar-level weak but he'd be pretty good at roaming with his jungler post-6.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
Granted, that RIven may have been terrible.

ANy ideas for runes/masteries or summoner spells for him up top? I'm thinking probably 9/21 with flash/TP, but maybe flash/ignite if you're solo...

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Magres posted:

Wouldn't she just be able to steadily chisel away at your HP by just dropping all of her cooldowns once then backing off? Unless she's going in when you have multiple stacks ready or using her spells stupidly or otherwise playing badly.

Tahm has a pretty good amount of built-in sustain which just grows as the game goes on. Riven has gently caress all for sustain and Tahm also has %health damage. If she all-ins you it's balls easy to get three stacks, eat her, and spit her at your tower. Because of how Tahm's E works you effectively need to kill him twice. Riven relies heavily on all-inning people and deleting them while Tahm relies on being fat and refusing to die.

Yeah she can chisel off your health but you can actually ruin hers if she tries to. Tahm has an absurd amount of sustain and loving earns "tank" as his primary role. He's kind of like a Shen top lane philosophy; you don't win lanes you win games. Once solo lane Tahm gets some tank items and some beef going he's going to become incredibly difficult to kill.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
oh, so thats how that items supposed to be effective
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P2Xll1i4Ts

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Tahm has a pretty good amount of built-in sustain which just grows as the game goes on. Riven has gently caress all for sustain and Tahm also has %health damage. If she all-ins you it's balls easy to get three stacks, eat her, and spit her at your tower. Because of how Tahm's E works you effectively need to kill him twice. Riven relies heavily on all-inning people and deleting them while Tahm relies on being fat and refusing to die.

Yeah she can chisel off your health but you can actually ruin hers if she tries to. Tahm has an absurd amount of sustain and loving earns "tank" as his primary role. He's kind of like a Shen top lane philosophy; you don't win lanes you win games. Once solo lane Tahm gets some tank items and some beef going he's going to become incredibly difficult to kill.

His sustain is through Thick Skin, right?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
It seems like almost all new champions, unless they are ADCs, start out as laners then get nerfed over and over until they are junglers or supports.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Magres posted:

His sustain is through Thick Skin, right?

A lot of it yes. His inherent regen is good but Thick Skin gives him back more health than it might look like. Being able to regen back 20% of damage taken at one rank is actually pretty huge. With the shield that also almost doubles his effective hit points. Given that he scales off of health well on top of that grabbing tank items that ramp his regen up higher is a good idea on top of it.

At max rank Thick Skin can regen back 44% of whatever damage he takes. That's a huge reduction in damage.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So are people maxing W or E last on him?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Luna Was Here posted:

oh, so thats how that items supposed to be effective
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P2Xll1i4Ts

wait

wait

What the hell is this

Schiavona
Oct 8, 2008

^^^ Yeah what the hell did I just watch

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

It's an item from the upcoming game mode that lets you take on the appearance of another champion.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

It's an item from the upcoming game mode that lets you take on the appearance of another champion.

Imagine having Teemo's global taunt but on a Malphite or Wukong

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Tahms fish armor is even more powerful against me because I literally cannot see the grey health bar.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Lovechop posted:

This is actually easily explained because you're getting better and recognizing more mistakes, so the skill levels appear to be decreasing when they are increasing. :science:

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

ImpAtom posted:

So are people maxing W or E last on him?

Max Q last. W is insane damage and waveclear, E is amazing sustain.

EDIT: Also, I just went 14/0/7 as jungle Kayle. This is fair and balanced.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TastyLemonDrops posted:

I should have clarified, I meant support. It seems like not having W up since you're using it to harass there would hurt a lot.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

TastyLemonDrops posted:

post the link to your match history

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I went Q > W > E on Tahm solo top. The bite is a lot of minion damage for sure and the tongue hits pretty hard too. Felt okay with a point in E. I feel like either way once peoplw get comfortable seeing him they'll beat the poo poo out of him in a solo lane.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Yeah you can probably do okay with him in a solo lane but the question is why. I don't feel like he offers anything post-laning that another top laner wouldn't do better.

Jungle I could see a case for but from the couple games I've specced with him he seems to have a really hard time clearing even with fish armor. The dude practically begs to be run in bot lane where he can just sit around and make the lane gankproof no matter how pushed in you are.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

His ability to save his poorly positioned ADC was really annoying me because my only really good skill is punishing poor positioning.

fnox
May 19, 2013

like, the problem I see with him botlane is that he serves mostly to deny an all in, but he can't all in himself. if like, a Thresh goes in on him he can absolutely turn that around, he has all the means to retaliate, but if Thresh doesn't do jackshit other than trade he'll have to go super aggro to get any hard CC down. Q also seems to be really telegraphed so it's a lot simpler to dodge than like a Braum Q despite being very similar abilities.

IDK it may be just too early to judge and people seem to not get the Q-W interaction, or don't seem to notice how loving absurd the regurgitate damage is.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I don't know, I thought Tahm teleporting to lane with another character to turn a 1v2 into a 3v2 was pretty good all in. Just because he doesn't have a ton of all in potential before 6 doesn't mean he's bad in bot lane.

Seems like his W doesn't work right with Relic Shield though

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

A Stupid Baby posted:

Yeah you can probably do okay with him in a solo lane but the question is why. I don't feel like he offers anything post-laning that another top laner wouldn't do better.

Jungle I could see a case for but from the couple games I've specced with him he seems to have a really hard time clearing even with fish armor. The dude practically begs to be run in bot lane where he can just sit around and make the lane gankproof no matter how pushed in you are.

For jungle, take W first, and start krugs. Smite big krug, eat big krug, kill small krug. W is his damage mitigation skill in jungle, not E. And because it does a ridiculous amount of damage, you clear quickly too. I prefer devourer instead of cinderhulk, but you could make a case for either. His ult passive makes his autos hurt like a bitch, and an earlier passive proc to save Q for a stun is nice.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Servaetes posted:

I went Q > W > E on Tahm solo top. The bite is a lot of minion damage for sure and the tongue hits pretty hard too. Felt okay with a point in E. I feel like either way once peoplw get comfortable seeing him they'll beat the poo poo out of him in a solo lane.

I think what you level first on Tahm is really situational. If it's a bad matchup and you need to not die then E. If you can play aggressive then Q. If you can manage to stack hard enough to eat somebody often then W.

Radiantweasel
Aug 10, 2013
http://matchhistory.na.leagueoflegends.com/en/#match-details/NA1/1882701640/39051084?tab=overview

because sometimes screw this game. I think the Tahm was trolling, ate me at least 3 times to save the otherwise dead fizz.

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

"Quoting, like smoking, is a dirty habit to which I am devoted."

Guess the hero, win a prize.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Azzents posted:

Braum.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008

Azzents posted:

Twitch

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Azzents posted:

Going to guess it's a fake ADC like Teemo or Kayle, or a real ADC. If it is a real ADC I am gonna say someone who should never need ER so I am gonna guess Vayne or Cait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azzents
Oct 19, 2010

"Quoting, like smoking, is a dirty habit to which I am devoted."

rabidsquid posted:

Going to guess it's a fake ADC like Teemo or Kayle, or a real ADC. If it is a real ADC I am gonna say someone who should never need ER so I am gonna guess Vayne or Cait.

You did it! You don't actually win anything though, sorry.

• Locked thread