Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.

Since when are questions about Miqote children "ridiculous"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Eej posted:

Q76. Do you have plans to introduce an afro hairstyle?

A76. We're going to add this in Patch 3.1. We actually had it nearly ready to release, but the number of polygons were too high. We're currently making adjustments to this, so please look forward to it.

please let this be for all races/sexes :pray:

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Thanks.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
The level 50 Machinist job quest is fuckin cool

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Afros and vanudance in 3.1, and Alex Savage loot looks like it's going to be less lovely. Praise YoshiP.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Magil Zeal posted:

Do you mean the armoire? It's mostly for certain quest-related blue-background gear and most seasonal/event rewards. As well as some other quest-and-GC-related items like the Patriot's Choker for some reason. There aren't hard and fast rules for it though, since last I checked I still had a few pieces of seasonal reward gear that didn't go in (as of 3.0).

That's exactly what I meant, thanks.

Astro changes pre-Alex savage? Rad.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

quote:

Q90. I'd really like to listen to the field music even while engaged in battle, so could you add an option to turn off the battle music?

A90. Soken: We will look into this.

I'd love to be able to do this during hunts! Hunts are always kind of a chillout thing for me, so it'd be nice to not have the battle music start blaring at me whenever I actually find the mark.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

So far I've been DFing A3 and people are pretty competent. The queues for DPS have all been sub 10 minute with one instant in progress. I've cleared all attempts with only 3 wipes in total. It's not bad at all.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Mr. Nice! posted:

So far I've been DFing A3 and people are pretty competent. The queues for DPS have all been sub 10 minute with one instant in progress. I've cleared all attempts with only 3 wipes in total. It's not bad at all.

I feel like A1 is the only part of Alexander I worry about DFing into. I'm sure that's probably partly because you have to clear it to get to the other parts of Alex, which weeds out the most terrible players, but it's also the only one where the mechanics seem to regularly get flubbed even if everybody more-or-less understands what's going on.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

The Savage Alex token system is exactly what I was looking for, which makes me wonder why they had the clusterfuck token system of Alex NM in the first place. Maybe it was just supposed to be a giant test?

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
We want to fly when we first enter new zones.
What? No.
Can we have faster ground mounts?
Faster flying mounts? Good idea.

There's a lot of other good stuff in the Live Letter, but that was particularly amusing.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Opposing Farce posted:

I feel like A1 is the only part of Alexander I worry about DFing into. I'm sure that's probably partly because you have to clear it to get to the other parts of Alex, which weeds out the most terrible players, but it's also the only one where the mechanics seem to regularly get flubbed even if everybody more-or-less understands what's going on.

I don't think I'd want to do A4 through DF. It feels like the one floor that is close to "coil with echo" hard.

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Rincewind posted:

I'd love to be able to do this during hunts! Hunts are always kind of a chillout thing for me, so it'd be nice to not have the battle music start blaring at me whenever I actually find the mark.

That and when you are gathering and have to travel through fates and the fate music starts.

Pews
Mar 7, 2006

one thousand years of anime
Grimey Drawer

Vermain posted:

The Savage Alex token system is exactly what I was looking for, which makes me wonder why they had the clusterfuck token system of Alex NM in the first place. Maybe it was just supposed to be a giant test?

My thoughts exactly.

He did mention that they'll probably be tweaking the NM loot system though which is cool.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

quote:

Q81. Can you make it so we can set our retainers as the new jobs?
A81. It's on our task list to make it so that you can set your retainers as any of the jobs, not only the new ones. This should make it in time for Patch 3.1.

DRK male serious Au'ras everywhere! Lolbat, anyone?

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Is there a website that I can see all the different gear sets?

EDIT: On the topic of music, the thing is that it's nice enough to hear, but I don't want to hear it all the time. For example, I appreciate that I can disable the mount music, but what would be ideal is if I could set rules so that it would play some of the times I mount up without having to go back into options and re-enable it every time I want to listen.

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jul 10, 2015

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I want it to play the fractal continuum theme when doing completely banal things like crafting or gathering.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

SirPhoebos posted:

I appreciate that I can disable the mount music

How DARE you not to want to listen to the "My Chocobo has a big butt hole" theme song! HOW DARE YOU!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

ilifinicus posted:

pray return motherfucker

Am I the only person who didn't have any issue finding those Moogles or what?

Not that Mogleo wasn't an insufferable poo poo unlike the little dragon buddy you help in the Forelands.

eggrolled
Mar 6, 2006

For those who love adorable frivilous poo poo like me, the cute Emerald Carbuncle and Topaz Carbuncle are up for Preorder on SE's store.

it's these guys:

Carbuncles are my weakness :negative:

VHGS
Jul 24, 2013

Fister Roboto posted:

I don't think I'd want to do A4 through DF. It feels like the one floor that is close to "coil with echo" hard.

I cleared it like 12 times in DF and more than half of those were one-shots. It's really not bad at all.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Jesus Christ.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/247046-Children-to-become-playable

There's one person in this thread who REALLY wants children and halfbreeds to be playable.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

nuru posted:

When I looked around it seemed like no one had hive weapons and the MB barely had any forearms/hive bardings. Compare to Cactuar/excalibur where idyllshire feels like more hive weapons than not, and the mb is flooded with the raid items. Is it just not much of an endgame server?

That. Faerie's pretty casual. Endgame statics do exist and there are people who clear endgame content quickly/regularly but there isn't a giant pool of people who want to sub for statics. Most people tend to stick with their social group statics for clearing that content.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Verranicus posted:

Jesus Christ.

There's one person in this thread who REALLY wants children and halfbreeds to be playable.

I haven't read the thread but has "it's ok, she only looks like a child she's actually 5000 years old" been trotted out yet?

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I haven't read the thread but has "it's ok, she only looks like a child she's actually 5000 years old" been trotted out yet?

what do you think

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

kharaa posted:

what do you think

god drat it :(

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

I'll be really sad if they start adding children/more child-like races to the game. We get enough poo poo from people for the game being "too Asian/anime" without us having our own version of the Elin fron Tera.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I haven't tried to DF 1, 2, or 4, but 3 was super easy today and I got my lens after 5 runs.

I think they got the difficulty pretty right for story alex.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Verranicus posted:

Jesus Christ.

The only halfbreed we've seen looked real cool though

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

I am pretty sure miqote have normal lifespans so probably not.

I would roll half-elf.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Verranicus posted:

I'll be really sad if they start adding children/more child-like races to the game. We get enough poo poo from people for the game being "too Asian/anime" without us having our own version of the Elin fron Tera.

If Yoship can be convinced of how much we westerners love Game of Thrones, maybe he can be convinced that we find that poo poo super creepy :cabot:

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

eggrolled posted:

For those who love adorable frivilous poo poo like me, the cute Emerald Carbuncle and Topaz Carbuncle are up for Preorder on SE's store.

it's these guys:

Carbuncles are my weakness :negative:

At what point in the series did Carbuncles start looking like Eevees?

Speaking of which I'm surprised SE hasn't made a Pokémon-ripoff using Final Fantasy characters.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Failboattootoot posted:

I am pretty sure miqote have normal lifespans so probably not.

I would roll half-elf.

god, please don't add half-elves to the game

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

Top of page 6:

An FFXIV Forums All-Star posted:

Also remember that Miqo'te have much longer lifespans than real life humans. Because of this, they will appear younger for a longer length of time. The Miqo'te in the picture may not necessarily be a child by Miqo'te standards. She could be 25+ years old.

Balbanes
May 21, 2007
44z red pots~

SirPhoebos posted:

At what point in the series did Carbuncles start looking like Eevees?

Kābankurururururu started looking like that around FF6 or 8

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
I could certainly live with Hyur's getting elfy-ears as a customization option. In fact, I dare say that would be the best option as it would probably upset the people who REALLY, REALLY want official half breeds.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Nothing like "I want smaller and younger looking character models" that doesn't sound creepy.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Giving Hyur elf ears would be great cause then people could be an elf without looking like some weird stretched out mutant.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Mr. Nice! posted:

I haven't tried to DF 1, 2, or 4, but 3 was super easy today and I got my lens after 5 runs.

I think they got the difficulty pretty right for story alex.

For the hell of it, I DFed 1 and 2 last night. 1 pins around WOD difficulty, my 2 run was a oneshot and felt closer to T4 with some pieces of good contemporary gear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Are people really grinding 50+ in North Thanalan? Why? I thought I saw it mentioned pages ago and just got in that level range to grind out FATEs and there are tons of motherfuckers out here 50+. They don't stay up long enough to get contribution credit almost.

• Locked thread