Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
e: Ignore this, thought you were talking about the pesta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

f#a# posted:

The one you fight while with Keira? Only use heavy attacks, buff yourself up with some elementa oil, use demertium bombs if you've got 'em. Or go repair your sword.

Can you leave the caves before beating the boss? If I could I would get my sword repaired and find more bomb recipes.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Afriscipio posted:

Can you leave the caves before beating the boss? If I could I would get my sword repaired and find more bomb recipes.

Always carry a half dozen weapon/armor repair kits. Not too many--they add up quick in weight--but they're damned useful. No need to get master kits; your weapon is listed as "broken" at 50% and a journeyman kit repairs 40% (bringing you back to 90).

That being said...once you're in the tunnel, you're in for the long haul.

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
Yeah, backtracking or reverting saves is definitely what I'd recommend if you get burned out throwing yourself at that brick wall--you've got a fair amount of that cave left. It's the first time the game really throws you into it and stresses preparation.

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

Ever wondered what happened to the mage friend of Triss at the Vegelbud party? You can find him being burned alive at Novigrad later.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Swedish Horror posted:

Ever wondered what happened to the mage friend of Triss at the Vegelbud party? You can find him being burned alive at Novigrad later.

You can actually rescue him! The witch hunters are amber-named, which means they're fair game. Start whacking on them and deal with any guards, then afterwards he walks up to you and Geralt asks him what he thinks of staying in Novigrad now :smug: and the guy says he hosed up and plans to leave posthaste.

After Menge I made it a point to be a pain in the rear end to any hunters, but there's one encounter south of the Passiflora that has level FORTY hunters that utterly beat my rear end if I tell them to pick on someone that can fight back. That...is kinda bullshit, given they appear after finishing a level 12 quest.

OAquinas fucked around with this message at 17:05 on Jul 10, 2015

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

So are ms and Sony concerned that if someone is thinking about buying w3 they will go with the pc version over their version because it has a patch that won't be out on consoles for a couple days?

I don't really care about waiting for the patch I just don't see a good reason not to release it on pc.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

OAquinas posted:

You can actually rescue him! The witch hunters are amber-named, which means they're fair game. Start whacking on them and deal with any guards, then afterwards he walks up to you and Geralt asks him what he thinks of staying in Novigrad now :smug: and the guy says he hosed up and plans to leave posthaste.

After Menge I made it a point to be a pain in the rear end to any hunters, but there's one encounter south of the Passiflora that has level FORTY hunters that utterly beat my rear end if I tell them to pick on someone that can fight back. That...is kinda bullshit, given they appear after finishing a level 12 quest.

Wow I'm going to try attacking any witch huntards I see from now on. I wish I knew about this earlier. I also decided I probably wouldn't do another play through so I'd go ahead and kill radovid but after rescuing the cobbler nothing else happened. I also decided not to do the Philippa quest because gently caress running errands for that dick. Will I still be able to do the quest and get the option to do something other than kill her ? Although I might anyway.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

radiatinglines posted:

I don't really care about waiting for the patch I just don't see a good reason not to release it on pc.

It's completely CDPR's decision. Has nothing to do with the console makers.

They might just want a couple extra days of testing on pc.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

:350: Smoke witches err' day :350:

Scandalous
Jul 16, 2009

OAquinas posted:

They appear to be scaled to be skull-levelled to you regardless of your current level, and once you defeat them they just get back up again and remain hostile. Seems like a bug to me.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

How does this game look on PS4? I have it on PC now and run it on Ultra at 60 fps sans hairworks, but I like the idea of sitting on my couch and playing on my big screen and admiring sunsets. Will my eyes bleed? How are goon eyes doing on PS4?

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

nickmeister posted:

Mkay, so I've stopped playing because I ran into a bug that doesn't let me fast travel out of Skellige. Any word on when that new, badass patch that fixes everything is coming out? Batman's a cool guy, but I miss Geralt.

TheStampede posted:

I've had this same thing happen recently, for what it's worth. Hopping the patch addresses this.

1) Do you have the latest DLC installed? This may break your game: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/51210-Gamebreaking-Bug-All-Platforms-Skellige-DLC-Causing-CTD-on-Fast-Travel/page5
Actually, let me say this again:

:siren: Installing the latest DLCs may break your save game :siren:

2) Do you have the "Mystery of the Byway Murder" quest active? If so, try to load and earlier save where you are still in Velen, finish that quest and see if that fixes it.

3) Patch apparently comes out next week because consoles. Full patch notes are here. There doesn't seem to be anything addressing this directly other than "Introduces a number of improvements to overall game stability."

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

chaosapiant posted:

How does this game look on PS4? I have it on PC now and run it on Ultra at 60 fps sans hairworks, but I like the idea of sitting on my couch and playing on my big screen and admiring sunsets. Will my eyes bleed? How are goon eyes doing on PS4?

PS4 here, and the game is gorgeous.

Also, 99% of home TV setups are such that it's physically impossible for the human eye to really resolve much better than 1080. Much beyond that and the pixels are too small to resolve. now if you have a 100" TV or are one of those weirdos who sits right on top of your TV, than yeah, you can then resolve considerably better than 1080. What I'm saying here is that basically PCs need to do better than 1080 because of how much of your FoV the screen takes up. TVs anything greater than 1080 is pretty stupid (usually).

I'm sure that won't stop the movie studios from hoodwinking people into buying more 4K TVs though.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

radiatinglines posted:

I also decided I probably wouldn't do another play through so I'd go ahead and kill radovid but after rescuing the cobbler nothing else happened. I also decided not to do the Philippa quest because gently caress running errands for that dick. Will I still be able to do the quest and get the option to do something other than kill her ? Although I might anyway.

This confused me too because after Thaler it seems like it just ends and nothing happens.

I don't know which Philippa quest you're talking about but I don't remember doing her any favors... For Radovid all you gotta do is make sure you're nice to Dijkstra in the bathhouse later and the final quest of the 'kill Radovid' line will fire after the battle of Kaer Morhen.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Moridin920 posted:

This confused me too because after Thaler it seems like it just ends and nothing happens.

I don't know which Philippa quest you're talking about but I don't remember doing her any favors... For Radovid all you gotta do is make sure you're nice to Dijkstra in the bathhouse later and the final quest of the 'kill Radovid' line will fire after the battle of Kaer Morhen.

He's asking about the same quest I was askng about earlier. Radovid asks you to go to her hideout, she's not there. After looting the gently caress out of it, killing an "Ifrit", and snagging her megascope crystal, the witch hunters are waiting for you to take the credit when you get back out. I lied to them said I found nothing (because gently caress them) and killed them all. Haven't gone back to Radovid yet because I want him to die and also want to help Phillipa out... don't know what to do.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Oh I did that after Yen and Triss both already hosed off to 'not appearing in this quest' land and I had to just give the crystal to Radovid if I wanted to finish the quest. That's what I get for going to Skellige before finishing Novigrad I guess :downs:

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Moridin920 posted:

Oh I did that after Yen and Triss both already hosed off to 'not appearing in this quest' land and I had to just give the crystal to Radovid if I wanted to finish the quest. That's what I get for going to Skellige before finishing Novigrad I guess :downs:

Yeah, Novigrad is loving huge and I definitely made a bit of a mistake doing a (little) of the main quest on Skellige before coming back to meet Triss.

On the other hand, the Skellige sidequests own and I love Cerys. Let me choose her instead of the others, game! :v:

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

chaosapiant posted:

It looks good, but the framerate drops really low at times.

I was hoping to power through to the end now that my vacation started, but guess I'll wait until next week for the patch.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Metanaut posted:

It looks good, but the framerate drops really low at times.

I was hoping to power through to the end now that my vacation started, but guess I'll wait until next week for the patch.

I've seriously only seen the framerate drop like once, but I guess I'm just not sensitive to that poo poo.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

JetsGuy posted:

I've seriously only seen the framerate drop like once, but I guess I'm just not sensitive to that poo poo.

Yeah, I got a serious drop in FPS during the fight against Phillipa and the summoned fire elemental, we're talking single digits, but apart from that never had any noticeable dips.

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass
Patchnotes 1.07
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/52492-Patch-1-07-Changelog?p=1831540

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea

JetsGuy posted:

Sooooo I have the option of doing "Now or Never" atm, even though I've (a) not met up with Yen at the catalysm but (b) have gotten Cerys to be all powerful Scotish spitfire queen and (c) just slaughtered a bunch of witch hunters that didn't believe me when I said I had found nothing in Phillipa's lair. I feel like I may be doing things in a completely jumbled mess?

I finished the now or never quest last night and got laid at the end of it. Does that mean triss is locked in as my one and only now?
I also have no idea what any of those other quests you're talking about are. I've not been to skellige, dont even know cerys and only got a quest to kill philipa afterwards. I'm level 14.
I got a note saying it was urgent and to come as soon as possible, so I did... Was I supposed to ignore it for an in-game week or two until i'd polished off some more main quest?

I only remembered after sleeping with triss that I was supposed to be meeting with yen eventually, and that geralt had a dream about her with no clothes on and maybe he had the hots for her too. I hope she's cool with me when I finally meet up with her :/

If i've locked myself out of something which is only available after a certain level by doing things that are marked for my current level that's kind of stupid. Seems like all the people who held on for yen are those who've read the books and already know what her character is like/what triss is like in the past. Starting to feel like a lot of information about my potential in game squeeze had been withheld from me.

cubicle gangster fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jul 10, 2015

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Afriscipio posted:

I'd appreciate any tips you folks have for the Golem boss in Velen. I'm finding that it's breaking my sword before I can do enough damage to it and my bombs are having little effect.
Do you have the Yrden trap? I mean, it won't be fast, but it is pretty safe and hard to lose. I had to do that, since my normal burning strategy didn't work on him.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Also, what do dimeterium bombs actually do to golems? They're listed as a weakness but I don't see any effect on them at all.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

cubicle gangster posted:

I finished the now or never quest last night and got laid at the end of it. Does that mean triss is locked in as my one and only now?
I also have no idea what any of those other quests you're talking about are. I've not been to skellige, dont even know cerys and only got a quest to kill philipa afterwards. I'm level 14.
I got a note saying it was urgent and to come as soon as possible, so I did... Was I supposed to ignore it for an in-game week or two until i'd polished off some more main quest?

I only remembered after sleeping with triss that I was supposed to be meeting with yen eventually, and that geralt had a dream about her with no clothes on and maybe he had the hots for her too. I hope she's cool with me when I finally meet up with her :/

If i've locked myself out of something which is only available after a certain level by doing things that are marked for my current level that's kind of stupid. Seems like all the people who held on for yen are those who've read the books and already know what her character is like/what triss is like in the past. Starting to feel like a lot of information about my potential in game squeeze had been withheld from me.

I dunno, which is kinda why I was asking. Gerald got vidya game laid with Yen before I even met with Triss. keep in mind though I'm doing pretty much any sidequest I can while doing story. So around your level I had enough coin to just pay a pirate to go gently caress off to Skellige and do some of the sidequests you get in Novigrad for there. You'll get a ton more once you clean up the notice boards too. Once I got there the main quest was like "hey there's this funeral" and so I met up with Yen. lol. I'm level 23 and am going to craft my superior Griffin armor before even going to do the "real" story stuff in Skellige. :xd: I'm not even done with poo poo in Novigrad either.

But yes, I was wondering whether romancing Triss before really having the option to with Yen locks you out, because that is kinda weird. I've already had my unicorn sex though, so that's something.

Just flirt with Yen non-stop and see what happens I guess?

EDIT:
I love how much autonomy this game gives you, even if it means I've done things in a hosed up order. It was fun wrecking level 10 witch hunters last night with my Hittori sword. :smug:

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

This patch sounds great. NOW GIVE IT TO US! :argh:

Pyromancer
Apr 29, 2011

This man must look upon the fire, smell of it, warm his hands by it, stare into its heart

Ravenfood posted:

Also, what do dimeterium bombs actually do to golems? They're listed as a weakness but I don't see any effect on them at all.

Not really sure, maybe disables one of the attacks? I know for leshens it prevents it from using raven swarm.
Comte, buff dimeritium bombs, there's no point to use them outside the plot purposes.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

Ravenfood posted:

They seem to move slower.

MONKEY TRASH!
Jan 8, 2006

JetsGuy posted:

Just flirt with Yen non-stop and see what happens I guess?

Uh oh. Just slept with Keira-- haven't run into Yen again yet. Hope she isn't mad :derp: I was lonely, baby, that's all, cause I missed you!

Lazer Monkey
Jan 15, 2005

novaSphere posted:

I try to disable it when I can, but did outright uninstalling it really do the trick?

Uninstalling GE was the only thing that halted the crashes for me.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

fancy sauces posted:

Uh oh. Just slept with Keira-- haven't run into Yen again yet. Hope she isn't mad :derp: I was lonely, baby, that's all, cause I missed you!

the only things that gently caress up the other romances are telling triss or yen you love them.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Superior Dancing Star is pretty great, btw.

fancy sauces posted:

:derp:
MY VIDYA GAME WAIFU!!!

PS - all this is hilarious when you consider that Yen slept with a bunch of dudes between Geralt fun times.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

JetsGuy posted:

PS - all this is hilarious when you consider that Yen slept with a bunch of dudes between Geralt fun times.
Yeah, which is why she doesn't care about Geralt sleeping with anyone but Triss. Because Geralt didn't just sleep with Triss (who is also one of Yen's friends) but they had an actual relationship there.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Ravenfood posted:

It probably disables their "magic" attacks like shooting rock spikes at you. not a good tradeoff since it also disables your magic and quen is pretty important for fighting golems.

JetsGuy posted:

I've already had my unicorn sex though, so that's something.
Speaking of which, I kept getting a bug where the glowing hand effect and sounds sorceresses get when using magic would get "stuck" active after finishing a cutscene where they open a portal or whatever. By far the funniest time it happened was before that scene. The whole time Yennefer's hand was loudly crackling with blue lightning. :science:

Sindai fucked around with this message at 20:39 on Jul 10, 2015

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Palpek posted:

Actually when you get him both the key and the treasure's location and then choose the right dialogue options when giving them back he starts laughing and tells Geralt he can't help himself and despite Geralt's lies he really likes him and then you have the option to tell him that you really like the bastard too in a total bro moment.
Do you remember what dialogue options to go with to learn the location? I would like to know that for my next playthrough but I have not seen anything conclusive.

OAquinas posted:

This is awesome. This game is so amazing. I did not see this happen on my first playthrough but I sure hope I do my next time through.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

fancy sauces posted:

I did this to. The thing is, Geralt has been literally, physically chasing after Yen for like six months at this point, and she more or less knew and could have found him or let him catch up to her if she bothered, but her sorceress poo poo is literally more important to her, so whatever. I hate Yen.

Like, a not single character in history has ever had trouble finding Geralt. He walks around saying "I'm Geralt. From Rivia" and he conspicuously slays monsters all over the land.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Snak posted:

Like, a not single character in history has ever had trouble finding Geralt. He walks around saying "I'm Geralt. From Rivia" and he conspicuously slays monsters all over the land.

He says "of Rivia" because he's not "from" Rivia, he just adopted an accent to sound "normal".
:goonsay:

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
He is called "of Rivia" because it's his knightly title!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

JetsGuy posted:

He says "of Rivia" because he's not "from" Rivia, he just adopted an accent to sound "normal".
:goonsay:

You're right, he only says "of Rivia". I did think that he was from Rivia because he is referred to as "The Rivian" in the The Last Wish, which I just started reading.