Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

1337kutkufan6969 posted:

How the gently caress did I come back to 38 new posts, one of them is about a city builder, and no one is talking about it?!?

Whats the city builder it probably sucks anyways and has freemium.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

New Leaf posted:

This game is fun and adorable and addicting: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.spryfox.alphabear&hl=en

It's called Alphabear. It's a word game- you have these bears and they grow if you use a letter adjacent to them. You're trying to get the biggest bears you can. Then you collect bears to use in new maps to give you bonus points.

Yo, this is a pretty good game and it's by Spry Fox, if anyone is hesitating to click. Seems like they've tacked on some silly IAP crap, but usually with their games you can just ignore it. Time will tell, I guess.

ModeSix
Mar 14, 2009

tater_salad posted:

Whats the city builder it probably sucks anyways and has freemium.

It's actually interesting, has no IAPs and is totally free. It reminds me of Sim City 2000 except for Android.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=info.flowersoft.theotown.theotown

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

bgreman posted:

This was the best question yet for Google Rewards.

Considering that I have no less than 3 different mushroom-IDing apps on my phone, it's a valid question. Foraging is big these days, all the hipsters are into it, if they aren't learning to play the theremin or ukelele or something.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Lifeline just killed my immersion by referencing Ren & Stimpy and Van Halen.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Len posted:

Lifeline just killed my immersion by referencing Ren & Stimpy and Van Halen.

Why's that?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Why's that?

I figured it was a good bit into the future and the fact Ren & Stimpy is remembered a good bit into the future throws me.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Len posted:

I figured it was a good bit into the future and the fact Ren & Stimpy is remembered a good bit into the future throws me.

It was probably a Ren and Stimpy reboot

poonchasta
Feb 22, 2007

FFFFAAAFFFFF FFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFFAAAAAAFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFFF FFFFFFFAAAAAAAFFFFF

Len posted:

Well, Taylor is probably Joss Whedon's tranny granddaughter, so I'm not surprised.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

ModeSix posted:

It's actually interesting, has no IAPs and is totally free. It reminds me of Sim City 2000 except for Android.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=info.flowersoft.theotown.theotown
Looka pretty good.. played with it a bit and it will need work but id give him/her a buck right now.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!

Len posted:

Not so far into the future that they aren't still using platter hard drives on their space ships :shrug:

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
For anyone up for a weird and creepy looking RPG, Fearless Fantasy is out on the Play Store.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I got this in my latest arena draft...

Its a lot of fun, controlled board disruption. War Sphinx is amazing. Alchemist is great board clear and feeds the Centaur Scout. Scout sets up 4-matches. My damage comes from skulls and Order and Chaos.

My last arena crashed (again) when I was picking, so I got stuck with a Musketeer, Lamia, and Siren. Siren can just go off like the butt-biting worm. But just like the worm it can destroy you. Lamia is the loving worst. It's completely useless if there aren't any adjacent enemies, unless you want to skip a turn! Which I could have done once when the only match available created a skull-match for my opponent. Musketeer is an under-powered piece of crap, never use him.

Also, see the numbers on the mana symbols? Turn on "detailed help"! I think it's new this last patch, or at least I didn't notice it before.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
I have to say, after playing Lifeline a bit, I'm rather disappointed. Aside from a few ways to get killed off by doing really stupid things, it's extremely linear, with a lot of cosmetic choices and only a choice near the end determining which of two good endings you get. Or is there some fascinating path I've missed?

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."

FredMSloniker posted:

I have to say, after playing Lifeline a bit, I'm rather disappointed. Aside from a few ways to get killed off by doing really stupid things, it's extremely linear, with a lot of cosmetic choices and only a choice near the end determining which of two good endings you get. Or is there some fascinating path I've missed?

Nah, it's pretty linear. One play through was fun. But further ones add nothing.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
I tried groove coaster 2, but don't really dig the music... Is there a game kind of like audiosurf where you can choose your own music?

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

Haerc posted:

I tried groove coaster 2, but don't really dig the music... Is there a game kind of like audiosurf where you can choose your own music?

A quick Google search brings up Supersonic.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Anyone else play Unison League ?

Guild is Goonison

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

FredMSloniker posted:

It is pretty narrow choice wise. Only spent fun bux on it though.

On the bright side, it's given me new motivation to learn the android api so I can make my own real time iFiction engine. Time to finally flex my dual creative writing and comp Sci degrees.

Longbaugh01
Jul 13, 2001

"Surprise, muthafucka."

Tagichatn posted:

Time to update the OP! There's a new city builder game called Theotown . It's very clearly alpha quality but it's free with no bullshit timers or IAP.

Does anyone know if this can be played without an internet connection? And how's the battery drain?

Re Lifeline: is there any better ending than Taylor sacrificing himself to prevent the aliens from getting to the rescue ship outside the peak? Like is there any ending or path where Taylor gets rescued?

Longbaugh01 fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jul 10, 2015

Souffle
Aug 9, 2005

Longbaugh01 posted:

Does anyone know if this can be played without an internet connection? And how's the battery drain?

Re Lifeline: is there any better ending than Taylor sacrificing himself to prevent the aliens from getting to the rescue ship outside the peak? Like is there any ending or path where Taylor gets rescued?

Lifeline: In the ending I got, Taylor and Captain Aya were both rescued.

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.
There are only two Lifeline endings that don't involve gruesome death.

You decide between the two when the rescue ship lands. If you tell Taylor to run to meet them, they can get rescued. If you tell Taylor to stay in the computer room, they sacrifice themselves to destroy the aliens.

Souffle posted:

Lifeline: In the ending I got, Taylor and Captain Aya were both rescued.

Wait, are you sure? Isn't Captain Aya one of the pod people? How did you avoid that?

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock

FredMSloniker posted:

Wait, are you sure? Isn't Captain Aya one of the pod people? How did you avoid that?

You have to have saved her earlier in the game. When you go to the Varia, check the flight deck, don't remove the metal bar in her chest, go get the generator from the crew quarters half, have Taylor bring it to Captain Aya in the medical pod, choose not to disconnect the medical pod when given the opportunity. You'll get a line at the end saying that the rescue ship swung by and grabbed the medical pod, and that Captain Aya will be fine. If you let her die at any point, she becomes a pod person.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Alphabear has interesting thoughts about life...

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Alphabear has interesting thoughts about life...

Simon from the Yogscast has been putting up dozens of these on his Twitter account. They're absolutely hysterical-

Play this game, people.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
Well, I'm sold.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

gromdul posted:

Its a lot of fun, controlled board disruption. War Sphinx is amazing. Alchemist is great board clear and feeds the Centaur Scout. Scout sets up 4-matches. My damage comes from skulls and Order and Chaos.

My last arena crashed (again) when I was picking, so I got stuck with a Musketeer, Lamia, and Siren. Siren can just go off like the butt-biting worm. But just like the worm it can destroy you. Lamia is the loving worst. It's completely useless if there aren't any adjacent enemies, unless you want to skip a turn! Which I could have done once when the only match available created a skull-match for my opponent. Musketeer is an under-powered piece of crap, never use him.

War Sphinx is pretty okay but does need support. I've had times where I've picked him and twiddled the board over and over but died because my other three weren't doing enough damage. Alchemist is beautiful for Centaur Scout or any other yellow-heavy build. Siren I like, but note that if you hit a two-color enemy with her, it can pick either color for creating gems. Lamia, well, she's a piece of poo poo except when the other guy's just pumped someone to the moon with Vengeance or Blessing. :black101:

I tried out Finley a bit more and came up with a Complete rear end in a top hat team using him:
Jarl Firemantle (Red/Brown, creates 9 Red and 9 Yellow gems and does 7 damage)
Finley (Red/Green, convert skulls to color)
Banshee (Purple/Yellow, 6 damage and boost with Blue -> Red convert)
Druid (Green/Blue, 8 damage + 1 splash damage twice)

The random factor in Jarl's skill is dangerous at times -- sometimes it'll set up juicy 5-matches for the opponent. But most of the time once this gets rolling, I can use Banshee to set up Jarl and then chain-kill poo poo with Jarl's skill, with Finley there when Jarl doesn't fully recharge to convert skulls to power up either Banshee (to power up Jarl) or Jarl directly.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

Ceciltron posted:

Well, I'm sold.

Requires internet access though

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Are any of you playing Dragon Blaze? I started playing a few days ago, am up to 34 and am looking for a guild.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gamevil.dragonblaze1.android.google.global.normal&hl=en

If you haven't seen it before. Great art, and just the level of engagement I want from a game on my phone.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
Alphabear is fun, but the slow replenishment of the (two!) in game currencies is really overbearing.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Alphabear is fun, but the slow replenishment of the (two!) in game currencies is really overbearing.

I enjoy it enough to drop the $5 for infinite Honey.

Norns posted:

Are any of you playing Dragon Blaze? I started playing a few days ago, am up to 34 and am looking for a guild.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gamevil.dragonblaze1.android.google.global.normal&hl=en

If you haven't seen it before. Great art, and just the level of engagement I want from a game on my phone.

What's the game like? Are you literally playing with other human beings or are the allies computer controlled? I'm not a fan of mobile games where other human beings are playing along side me in real time..

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

Nice.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Jesus Christ Alpha Bear is too loving good. And cute.

Also that Monsters Ate My Cake free game of the week is good and cute.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Amazon App Store has a game called Factory Balls for free today, and it's basically an old flash game where you have to decorate toys using limited tools to make them match the template. It's really fun for the hour or so it takes to complete.

Also, Sky Force is a free airplane vertical shooter with upgrades with fairly inoffensive IAP, and it's my current jam. I'm sure it's been mentioned before here but its definitely worth checking out if you haven't.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

It's only a matter of time before someone gets "struggling toddler" in that and it gets posted to Fox News as Asian game developers trying to corrupt our youth.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Chinook posted:

It's only a matter of time before someone gets "struggling toddler" in that and it gets posted to Fox News as Asian game developers trying to corrupt our youth.

I forgot to save it, but last night I got "Rodent: It's what's for dinner!"

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Idk who it was but to the poster who said they'd make a game similar to lifeline: the writing (dialogue) is appalling in lifeline. Make a game with dialogue that sounds authentic and I'll pay double.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
In my defense, when I said that, I hadn't finished Lifeline yet. Though I wouldn't say the writing is "bad", it strikes me as being aimed at the young adult market. The protagonist is authentically a dumb grad student. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Yeah, I think I'm pretty cool with this game.

And now we know there's at least one thing bears have in common with Georgia O'Keefe.