Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Doing the class trials sold me conceptually on Warlock, though I find the combat unresponsive enough that stance dancing between DoT and Nuke only worked 80% of the time. I don't think there's any ability queueing at all, which means if you start hitting keys too fast everything goes to hell.

I also loathe how Paladins will still try to do their combo moves even if you're out of mana, thus breaking the mana restore chain and doing piddly damage. That's straight up player-hostile interface design.

Otherwise this is basically Spacegod Neverwinter Online, except not hideously ugly and lacking the player forge (which had its moments). If you come expecting TERA you will be sorely disappointed. If you come expecting Warframe or PSO you might be pleasantly surprised.

So, yeah, it's Spacegod Neverwinter.

boho fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jul 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran

Third World Reggin posted:

Another talent makes it so your number 1 ability does double damage to an enemy under 50% of its last health bar.

So for bosses, that means their last bar, and at half of that bar.

Pretty sure this is 50% period, meaning it takes effect when the boss gets to 4x bars instead of 10x bars, at least that's how the similar Paladin talent works for their basic attack. You can also combine the right click cost reduction talent with the increased regeneration and get nearly spammable light grenades. I think I enjoyed playing lightbinder more than paladin, but the paladin class symbol is just too good to pass up.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
paladins love light binders with the ability to restore a friendly players mana

it is 10 per light binders basic attack

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

M2tt posted:

Pretty sure this is 50% period, meaning it takes effect when the boss gets to 4x bars instead of 10x bars, at least that's how the similar Paladin talent works for their basic attack. You can also combine the right click cost reduction talent with the increased regeneration and get nearly spammable light grenades. I think I enjoyed playing lightbinder more than paladin, but the paladin class symbol is just too good to pass up.

It wasn't in CB2 or CB4 not sure about now

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
Looks like they released a patch. Logged out for 30 mins and going back in it's downloading a 150mb patch. No notes yet

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008

Kaddish posted:

I'm not very far into the game yet but it seems to me Lightbringer is really a DPS class with some support stuff thrown in.

Just download a 143MB patch.

All classes seem like this to me, and that is Good Game Design.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Kaddish posted:

I'm not very far into the game yet but it seems to me Lightbringer is really a DPS class with some support stuff thrown in.

Just download a 143MB patch.

I'm at like 2500 prestige or something and dropping occasional 3-7k abilities (they do take a few seconds to go off though) on my berserker while my lightbinder friend is pretty excited about 1ks. He's still pretty good dps for support but he's definitely not scaling like a dps class.

Edit: Did I miss a tutorial or something about where you get sun ether cores? I have one of those things in the atlas but no idea what to do with it.

Edit2: Spoke too soon, I think they nerfed the poo poo out of how impulse works with multi hit abilities!

Bashez fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jul 10, 2015

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Ether cores are passive Stat bonuses you feed cores, they cost argent's to afix

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Goodchild posted:

I'll be in as Devlin Huer. Feel free to friend me or say Hi if you see me.

Mr.Trifecta posted:

In as Bazaa Bazaar

rantmo posted:

I'm in as Caitlin Dusk once invites are working.

After attempting to invite people that posted on the thread and already invited everyone that graced us with their raspy voice on mumble I have decided to change the system to either an in game message or get in mumble.

So yeah. If you are not in the guild and need an invite either get into mumble or send a message bitching me out to the character "Irate Drinkfist"

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Bashez posted:

I'm at like 2500 prestige or something and dropping occasional 3-7k abilities (they do take a few seconds to go off though) on my berserker while my lightbinder friend is pretty excited about 1ks. He's still pretty good dps for support but he's definitely not scaling like a dps class.

It could be because berserker isn't one of the starter classes. I started as one, too, and it was a bit of a shock when I tried the other classes after being used to whirlwind destroying basic enemies from the start.

btw those of us who started as the gunner or berserker still fated to do extra grinding to get anywhere else on the grid?

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Anoia posted:

It could be because berserker isn't one of the starter classes. I started as one, too, and it was a bit of a shock when I tried the other classes after being used to whirlwind destroying basic enemies from the start.

btw those of us who started as the gunner or berserker still fated to do extra grinding to get anywhere else on the grid?

My whirlwind isn't dpsing like it used to. I think they fixed impulse. I think you used to get an impulse on every hit and now you don't. I don't see the icon through the whole thing anymore and it's not doing insane damage.

You have to start at the starter classes in the upper atlas.

Stormgale posted:

Ether cores are passive Stat bonuses you feed cores, they cost argent's to afix

But where do I get the cores?

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008
Random drops

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

:shibe:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

:getin:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

:cheers:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im glad to see your av is back instead of that lovely one someone got made enough to pay $10 for

i havent talked to you or bbg in a while but ive done good on my own! Probably $100 in avatars and $150 donated to bernie sanders due to my shitposting!!!!

also

:beerpal:

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Bashez posted:

But where do I get the cores?

Random drops

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Eonwe posted:

im glad to see your av is back instead of that lovely one someone got made enough to pay $10 for

i havent talked to you or bbg in a while but ive done good on my own! Probably $100 in avatars and $150 donated to bernie sanders due to my shitposting!!!!

also

:beerpal:

gently caress yeah let's game soon

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
sure im down to play literally anything on steam or this dumb bad game if you are so inclined

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

Does anyone know what the bugs are with spark rewards?

I'll do a 55 reward thing that says it's 72 if you 5 star it. I 5 star it and get 60 and all the stars then say 0 bonus and it pretends it was 60 the whole time. I don't think i'm getting my premium bonus either. I don't know what exactly is causing this but it's annoying as hell.

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008
In quick and dirty experiments, I think that the "below 50%" bonus damage DOES apply based on the overall health, and not just the last health bar.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
So apparently Game Revolution is giving away founders codes(The $20 pack) over here. I have never heard of this site so I don't know how legit it actually is.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Fuckers putting them in an image file so I can't copy/paste :argh:

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Bombogenesis posted:

So apparently Game Revolution is giving away founders codes(The $20 pack) over here. I have never heard of this site so I don't know how legit it actually is.

More over here. I grabbed a random one just now and it worked so at least a few are still valid.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Phoix posted:

More over here. I grabbed a random one just now and it worked so at least a few are still valid.

Holy poo poo, thanks, fone of those worked for me.

GeekTheMage
May 20, 2001

Phoix posted:

I also got a working code after a few tries, which is just shocking honestly

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Phoix posted:

Thanks, I snagged one.

Minsky
May 23, 2001

Is there an easy way to target friendlies? The game seems to prioritize hostile targets even when I swear my reticle is on a friendly guy. I saw an option to switch prioritization from hostiles to friendly, but then I assume the opposite problem will surface.

I'm playing a lightbringer and sometimes I want to put a shield on some dudes, or refresh that bonus damage buff (is that even worth doing?), and right now if I'm in combat I'm forced to use F1-F3 to do it, which is annoying.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Minsky posted:

Is there an easy way to target friendlies? The game seems to prioritize hostile targets even when I swear my reticle is on a friendly guy. I saw an option to switch prioritization from hostiles to friendly, but then I assume the opposite problem will surface.

I'm playing a lightbringer and sometimes I want to put a shield on some dudes, or refresh that bonus damage buff (is that even worth doing?), and right now if I'm in combat I'm forced to use F1-F3 to do it, which is annoying.

Press T to swap between friendly and hostile.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Phoix posted:

fuckin a' hombre, i got one too

Dry Hump
Sep 14, 2013

Bombogenesis posted:

You're a hero and a saint.

Minsky
May 23, 2001

Obscurity posted:

Press T to swap between friendly and hostile.

Thanks that is exactly what I was looking for.

Ninogan
Apr 2, 2012

Got this game to play with goons but the ping to the US server is much higher than most games. 270~ :(

Maybe there's some EU goons around that we can scrape up for a guild but probably this is a few bucks down the drain :happened:

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Game is perfect.

Edit:

Zaekkor fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jul 11, 2015

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

Phoix posted:

Dope! Got one my first try. Thanks!

Minsky
May 23, 2001

Well I just unlocked the global ascension atlas and boy there definitely seems to be plenty of stuff to unlock in this game if that's your cup of tea.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Minsky posted:

Well I just unlocked the global ascension atlas and boy there definitely seems to be plenty of stuff to unlock in this game if that's your cup of tea.

Yeah. I guess you could unlock every node if you had enough time. Seems daunting but in my first poopsock day I nearly finished Lightbinder, fleshed out some Paladin and Cryo and escaped the first cluster of the global Atlas.
Had I been more focused, I could have gotten further but I just love dressing up.

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Finally broke 2k prestige and things are starting to cost lots of sparks as I get close to archer. 325 creation for 40 stamina. Other than hitting up the multiplier instances are there any other reliable ways to pull in lots of sparks?

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Well something is still up with Guild invites; I got the message from Drinkfist to accept the invitation but no invitation and then thirty minutes later I got a game message that I'd declined the invitation. Guess I'll try again tomorrow maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Hey if you're in the guild and have followers do the building mission so we can get more people (we just started a new one).

• Locked thread