Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Snak posted:

You're right, he only says "of Rivia". I did think that he was from Rivia because he is referred to as "The Rivian" in the The Last Wish, which I just started reading.

Yeah bro it's cool I put the goonsay in there to imply it wasn't a huge deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

Afriscipio posted:

I'd appreciate any tips you folks have for the Golem boss in Velen. I'm finding that it's breaking my sword before I can do enough damage to it and my bombs are having little effect.
I used a combination of Axii and Yrden as well as making sure I make basically zero mistakes while avoiding its attacks (they're pretty predictable, it's just the hit boxes are wonky with it). Use roll rather than dodge, and make sure to use strong attacks if possible to minimize damage to your sword. You can repair your weapons mid-combat with a weapon repair kit, btw. Also, you can use food / water during a fight if you find yourself making mistakes and getting low on health. This is the same method I used to kill an rear end in a top hat Ekimmara 6 levels above me as a level 8 weakling.

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Bort Bortles posted:

Do you remember what dialogue options to go with to learn the location? I would like to know that for my next playthrough but I have not seen anything conclusive.

If I remember right, you have to ask about the treasure before asking about Dandelion. Asking about the treasure first means he doesn't tell where Dandelion is (which doesn't really matter), and you won't get to see Triss stab him in the chin, but that's the only way to learn about the treasure's location.

Also, apparently this is the way to get the bro moment with Sigi even if you don't get the location. Skip to 43:30.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0HmNsO7Tjg

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Crappy Jack posted:

Yeah. Or they could do it the way they're doing it too. Which is what they're doing. I mean, they're still fixing this game for free and releasing all sorts of DLC, again, for free, along with two expansion packs that sound like they're gonna be as big as the previous game in the series.

So, like, at this point I kinda feel like if they want to wait a couple days to release a patch, that's okay. Especially if the cert process catches something that might also affect the PC version, so they can release a fixed patch instead of having to scramble around to get parity between different versions of the game.

This is a terrible argument. We shouldn't complain because they're doing it for free?

This is their game, they should be doing it regardless. I'm ok with not getting free DLC if it means getting patches asap by that logic, but there's literally nothing stopping them from releasing it on PC other than choosing to.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING
It's just a few days, the game has been out for almost 2 months and they've already put out 6 patches. Waiting a little bit longer means they don't get a huge number of console gamers seeing talk of a new patch and then whinging about not being able to download it yet. Easier just to put out an announcement for all platforms. They might even have other reasons that they haven't shared with us, but you really can't wait a couple days? Just relax

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Yeah, I'm not arguing you can't send emails or give negative feedback or whatever you need to do, but...like...they're not gonna put the patches out earlier. In a few days the patch will be out. And then the patch after that. It's a video game, man. Chill, they're fixing it, give them time to do their jobs to fix it right. People complained about PC getting the patches earlier than consoles, now they're releasing them at the same time and people are complaining that PC has to wait for the patches to hit consoles. So what's the answer?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Crappy Jack posted:

Yeah, I'm not arguing you can't send emails or give negative feedback or whatever you need to do, but...like...they're not gonna put the patches out earlier. In a few days the patch will be out. And then the patch after that. It's a video game, man. Chill, they're fixing it, give them time to do their jobs to fix it right. People complained about PC getting the patches earlier than consoles, now they're releasing them at the same time and people are complaining that PC has to wait for the patches to hit consoles. So what's the answer?
I have a PC so I dont have to deal with that console bullshit. If console users do not like that they have to wait for the patch they can complain to the console manufacturer/whomever is delaying the patch. If MS/Sony are slow vetting a patch, that is not should not be my problem as a PC user.

edit: If CDPR has a better/different reason for delaying the patch that is fine, I'm not trying to be a stick in the mud here, but really, I paid the premium for a PC for a goddamn reason.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Jul 10, 2015

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I paid a premium for my pc and I don't give a gently caress.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
I didnt pay a premium for pc and I DO give a gently caress.

e: oh thats not good for a new page

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Speaking of paying premiums I just looked into maybe getting a second gtx560 to SLI and asus ones are still over 150 bucks wtf

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

radiatinglines posted:

I paid a premium for my pc and I don't give a gently caress.
I was just explaining why it may bother some people that CDPR is delaying the patch on PC and their only given reason (at this time) is so everything gets the patch at the same time. :shrug: I dont give that much of a gently caress either but I can definitely understand if some people would be irritated.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

radiatinglines posted:

Speaking of paying premiums I just looked into maybe getting a second gtx560 to SLI and asus ones are still over 150 bucks wtf

Check the evga store.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Palpek posted:

Actually when you get him both the key and the treasure's location and then choose the right dialogue options when giving them back he starts laughing and tells Geralt he can't help himself and despite Geralt's lies he really likes him and then you have the option to tell him that you really like the bastard too in a total bro moment.

I love that part, it's just so chummy when Geralt says: I like you too, you Count without a county.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Kaedric posted:

I love that part, it's just so chummy when Geralt says: I like you too, you Count without a county.

Yeah, I didn't get it because I wanted to have Menge getting stabbed in the throat to be my story. When I hosed it up the first time it was because I asked about the treasure first. Also because Dandelion, but I didn't realize that it didn't matter.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
So is there a consensus on item storage? I basically sell or dismantle all the gear that I find that isn't an upgrade, but my bare minimum counting all my crafting supplies and current, equipped, gear is over 100 pounds. I have heard people say that it remembers items that you drop, or that putting items in containers will save them indefinitely, but has this been positively confirmed? I don't want to leave a bunch of high level poo poo that I can't use yet in a chest and come back a hundred hours later to find it gone...

I feel like it was a huge oversight to think that the horse carrying system (which is great) was a replacement for infinite storage somewhere. In a game where you can and will want to collect everything for crafting purposes.

edit: I mean, every time I find a named relic, my "It belongs in a museum!" instinct kicks in and I feel really bad when I just sell it to some random blacksmith because I'm overburdened and it's a definite downgrade.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Didn't they add player storage chests in the inns that you can access your stash from like Diablo?

I'm a pack rat and I had to inventory manage maybe 5 times total I can't imagine how much useless crap some of you must be lugging around. I don't even care about crafting mats anymore because the merchants have them and I have tons of gold.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Moridin920 posted:

Didn't they add player storage chests in the inns that you can access your stash from like Diablo?

Well, i've googled "witcher 3 item storage" and all it brings up are forums posts of people complaining that there isn't any. They definitly had those in witcher 2, so, to find out if they had them in witcher 3, i googled "witcher 3 item storage" and then I posted here. So... did they?

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
They will have had added storage sometime next week (it's in 1.07)

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

With the removal of weight from Alchemy ingredients and books I wonder what practical use stashes will even have.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Snak posted:

So is there a consensus on item storage? I basically sell or dismantle all the gear that I find that isn't an upgrade, but my bare minimum counting all my crafting supplies and current, equipped, gear is over 100 pounds. I have heard people say that it remembers items that you drop, or that putting items in containers will save them indefinitely, but has this been positively confirmed? I don't want to leave a bunch of high level poo poo that I can't use yet in a chest and come back a hundred hours later to find it gone...

I feel like it was a huge oversight to think that the horse carrying system (which is great) was a replacement for infinite storage somewhere. In a game where you can and will want to collect everything for crafting purposes.

edit: I mean, every time I find a named relic, my "It belongs in a museum!" instinct kicks in and I feel really bad when I just sell it to some random blacksmith because I'm overburdened and it's a definite downgrade.

I got over it with the exception of "Fate", a sword Crach an Craite gives you, which I won't sell just yet. Almost all relic poo poo I've run into though I've sold, whatever. Also, I was so happy to find the Zakkawhatever Saddlebags. 160 weight total after too much time with 130 via rugged!

Also, seriously, check your junk. Those loving furs and pelts weigh a ton. I was at 100 even after selling gear for a while and couldn't figure out why... it was the furs. pretty much sell and dismantle all the "junk".

Moridin920 posted:

I'm a pack rat and I had to inventory manage maybe 5 times total I can't imagine how much useless crap some of you must be lugging around. I don't even care about crafting mats anymore because the merchants have them and I have tons of gold.

They're in the new patch...

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost

exquisite tea posted:

With the removal of weight from Alchemy ingredients and books I wonder what practical use stashes will even have.
Emmentaler and all the pretty dress-up outfits your heart could ever desire.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

necrobobsledder posted:

Emmentaler and all the pretty dress-up outfits your heart could ever desire.

This. Plus a full set of each witcher school outfit...Figure Geralt is already medieval Batman, may as well get a place to store the batsuits.

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
Did 1.07 drop this week?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Moridin920 posted:

This is the entirety of my equipement

Which means that I have about 80 pounds of other poo poo, at .01lb per poo poo, so EIGHT THOUSAND crafting/quest items.

Also, they should not call the second inventory category "usable items" and then put repair kits in with your equipment. That is so dumb. Clunky interface is really the only think I have to complain about in this game.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

Did 1.07 drop this week?

Snak posted:

Well, i've googled "witcher 3 item storage" and all it brings up are forums posts of people complaining that there isn't any. They definitly had those in witcher 2, so, to find out if they had them in witcher 3, i googled "witcher 3 item storage" and then I posted here. So... did they?

Neither of you read the previous page, did you?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Bort Bortles posted:

I didn't read the patch notes because I'm not very far into the game and I thought it contained story spoilers.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Snak posted:

I didn't read the patch notes because I'm not very far into the game and I thought it contained story spoilers.
That is a reasonable reason that I had not considered. The thread has been talking about the addition of storage to the game with the 1.07 patch off-and-on, though. I do not know any details on where the storage will be but the notes say that the locations will be marked on the worldmap.

Now I just wish they would add a fast travel point to the keep of Crow's Perch.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Snak was probably too busy reloading for round 5248466 of that fistfight to read the patch notes yesterday. :v:

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Bort Bortles posted:

No forgive me for not reading every post in a 422 page thread that moves at about 19 posts a minute.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

edit for content: I think the storage will be great for keeping doublets, other armor and weapon sets, and extra repair kits and stuff. Though with the change to crafting gear weighing nothing it may not be as much of an issue.

also dropping off runes

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

No forgive me for not reading every post in a 422 page thread that moves at about 19 posts a minute.
lol

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jul 11, 2015

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

exquisite tea posted:

that stuff barely weighed anything

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

The problem wasn't the weight it was that everything got mixed up together. Being able to move things you want to keep into storage then you can just sell your entire inventory.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

that stuff barely weighed anything

again, I have probably 80lbs of crafting poo poo, quest items, books (I'M KEEPING THEM) etc.

cheesetriangles posted:

The problem wasn't the weight it was that everything got mixed up together. Being able to move things you want to keep into storage then you can just sell your entire inventory.

I wish the sorting was better. I don't like that my potions, bombs, and oils, are dumped in the same category as my books and notes. Oils are easy, because they are placed at the top, but potions and bombs are below all the books and note and I have to scroll just to be able to see them. These are the common tools of the Witcher's trade, and should basically have their own category.

edit:
I shall dive across this gap

...I assume that happens to everyone, but I was like OH poo poo as soon as I saw him start the dive animation.

Snak fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Jul 11, 2015

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

Snak posted:

again, I have probably 80lbs of crafting poo poo, quest items, books (I'M KEEPING THEM) etc.

I wish the sorting was better. I don't like that my potions, bombs, and oils, are dumped in the same category as my books and notes. Oils are easy, because they are placed at the top, but potions and bombs are below all the books and note and I have to scroll just to be able to see them. These are the common tools of the Witcher's trade, and should basically have their own category.

edit:
I shall dive across this gap

...I assume that happens to everyone, but I was like OH poo poo as soon as I saw him start the dive animation.

There are about two instances this happens. One of them is when you go after a witcher gear diagram, and the second you stop committing 100% to your action you will dive through a hole and dash your cranium on jagged rocks below.

Baron
Nov 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
How much farther after I start asking everyone to go to Kaer Morhen to fight do I have to go in the story? I'm wrapping up most of my side quests, but now i'm debating on waiting for the patch to keep playing.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Baron posted:

How much farther after I start asking everyone to go to Kaer Morhen to fight do I have to go in the story? I'm wrapping up most of my side quests, but now i'm debating on waiting for the patch to keep playing.

A lot more than you'd think.

And the only quests that'll close off soon are the ones relating to your spoiler so if you complete the recruitment quest you're good to go.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Holy hell I just finished "now or never" and I have a ton of respect for Dijkstra now. Wow. Bro gets it.

Baron
Nov 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Mokinokaro posted:

A lot more than you'd think.

And the only quests that'll close off soon are the ones relating to your spoiler so if you complete the recruitment quest you're good to go.

I guess I'll hold off for a bit then. If I've got enough left to do to gently caress around with having storage and whatnot, i'd like to save some things for when the patch hits.

Now to find something else to play for a bit. I already feel so empty...

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Wow, and I thought everyone was exaggerating the "peasent misery simulator" stuff. I just finished the Black Pearl quest. I spent the whole quest just rolling my eyes at this idiot and his failed marriage. Then I get to the end and he says how his wife didn't say anything about it and I thought "Ohh... She's dead, and he went and got it to put on her grave because he felt bad about never doing it." NOPE it's WAY WORSE. And then I'm like "but... maybe it's a magical malady and Geralt can try to help, right?" Geralt: "That sucks" quest completed. Oh.

And here I thought it was mostly generic war-torn countryside stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

JetsGuy posted:

Holy hell I just finished "now or never" and I have a ton of respect for Dijkstra now. Wow. Bro gets it.

Yeah, he's pretty awesome. He just gets how the world works.