Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kild
Apr 24, 2010

S

Raserys posted:

Whoever the new voice actress for goten is, she's super new to the fusion thing because all of Gotenks's lines feel like they're slowed down so she can match Laura Bailey. Before, Gotenks was talking a a mile a minute, and also using less "yo, wassup, Gotenks in the house!!!"

She's the same one. She voices Goten and Videl. Kara Edwards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Jimbot posted:

The Funimation dub got incredibly better but boy I remember first hearing the new dub for the first time having spent all that time with the Ocean dub and absolutely hating it. Goku was fine but something was kind of off with the line readings, Krillin sounded like he was trying to pass a massive poo poo, Frieza sounded like he had a massive cold, Gohan sounded fine, Vegeta and Piccolo sounded ok too. The trouble with that early stuff coming off of the Ocean dub, on top of all that, is that they all sounded like they were doing something with their voices to make it sound like a character. The Ocean dub sounded way more natural to me. Yeah, they were doing it too but they hid that fact better.

They all got better over time. I fell off the series before Cell showed up but playing Xenoverse, they all sound really great. Except Trunks, I really can't stand the direction they have that voice actor going in. Sounds like he's talking like that because he has something stuck in his throat and is trying to clear it as he talks.

I think there was a scene that Trunks actually broke character and the VA used his natural speaking voice for some low "What". It kind of adds to the charm in a weird way how haphazard the dub job was because no one was anticipating this would be the new gold standard DBZ video game, but I'd like someone to actually listen to what the script says now and not have weird lines not match the characters say now in the sequel. It was funny the first time, but I doubt it'll stay that way for Xen 2.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Cleretic posted:

But Dragon Ball Z itself? No, there's A LOT OF DEATH AND KILLING. And not just off-screen stuff like the unseen effective-genocide of Namek, there's a fuckload of people dying on-screen. And the heroes are doing a lot of it, too! I started counting it out with a friend, the only member of the main warrior cast that didn't kill anyone was Tien, and then if we extend it to later additions Videl (who still snapped a guy's neck, which should've killed him) and Hercule.

If I remember right Goku's only killed two people in all of DBZ: the light eating monster from the Buu aga and Buu himself.

Meanwhile Vegeta and Trunks have killed pretty much everyone they've run into and Gohan's followed in his dad's footsteps and only killed Cell. And Piccolo's only killed a few guys, too, oddly enough.

http://imgur.com/gallery/BQ5l1

e: Also I loving hate Demigras and whatever the move he has is that instantly sucks you into a black hole. I never see any kind of telegraph for it while I'm beating up mind controlled Trunks, so I'm beating his face and then WUMP combo broken.

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jul 10, 2015

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
How many myths of boosting your mentor relationship are true? Will bringing mentors on missions boost it? Should I talk to my mentor after every parallel quest? Any other tips that turned out to be true?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
The only thing that seems to work is just getting good rank grades. They all really like Zs.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Crabtree posted:

The only thing that seems to work is just getting good rank grades. They all really like Zs.

Does the mission matter? Can I spam 1 star missions for Z-ranks for instant relationship boosts?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Covok posted:

How many myths of boosting your mentor relationship are true? Will bringing mentors on missions boost it? Should I talk to my mentor after every parallel quest? Any other tips that turned out to be true?

Bringing your mentor, or if your mentor cannot be fought with, some one related TO your mentor (see Ultimate Gohan for Elder Kai) and Z ranking are the only ones I know of.

Also make sure if your Mentor has more than one form to match that form. Alt skins don't matter, but in the case of Base Form Freeza, Final Form and 100%, only base form would work.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

you move up a bit from bringing them along with you and using their moves i think but the most from getting high ranks that they praise you for in the mission summary screen. what mission it is doesn't seem to matter but it might.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Covok posted:

Does the mission matter? Can I spam 1 star missions for Z-ranks for instant relationship boosts?

Yeah you could scum around easy missions, but it can hurt you in XP gain and sometimes the game doesn't really give you a good grade because you're a little too over leveled or you brought help when you didn't need it.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I laughed too hard at the Yamcha page.

John Dyne posted:

And Piccolo's only killed a few guys, too, oddly enough.

PIccolo killed Goku, the ultimate kill.

I'm hazing on my DBZ. Did Piccolo ever use SBC again after using it on Ratiz and Goku? I think he used it once more when he was training himself but that's all I can recall. It's such an awesome ability too but it seemed to have been forgotten after its use.

Covok
May 27, 2013

I'm just getting back into the game after not playing it for months. Did the increase the change for a Z-Ultimate because I got it to happen like 10 times in a row?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

here's a video of every special beam cannon ever with errata for the ones he forgot about that i just googled
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jviN-xSIRMc

edit: its loving funny how flawed spc apparently is if it can be batted away as easily as a ball of crumpled paper before going nuclear. wish you could block one in xenoverse and have it go careening into the skybox as an explosion.

Real hurthling! fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jul 10, 2015

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Jimbot posted:

The guy did it in full color.

Jimbot posted:

PIccolo killed Goku, the ultimate kill.

For being a villain in Dragonball, Piccolo really didn't do a lot of killing. He carried his weight but man he didn't stop a lot of people.

I'm currently mentored with Tien to get Tribeam; is it any good? I just know I loved it in the show.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

It's not awful. I prefer doing Neo Tri-Beam + Kaioken x20, though.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Covok posted:

It's been a while since I played, but I'm drat sure leveling up counts.

When I made new characters, plowing them through monkey fights would notably raise my mentor levels, then stop when I hit "You unlocked the next mission, but this newbie isn't high enough level to see it!" (I'd regularly check the progress meter to see when it seemed it stopped moving entirely) then I'd switch to my higher level character and the mission icon would be right there.

Of course, I never got around to any of the "You must be level 70+ or whatever for me to give a poo poo" mentors, so I do not know if that would work for them.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jul 11, 2015

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Jimbot posted:

Which is funny because he probably murdered scores of innocent people in that desert.

Covok
May 27, 2013

That Trunks mission is just cruel. When Goku stood up and went SSJ3, I literally said "please, don't do this..."

If only I had the Tien DLC.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I really like all the new skills in Return of F, but I love the new Z-souls, especially the ones you get from Elder Kai. I've been switching between "Hmmm hmmm hmmm! etc." and whichever one you get from Golden Frieza, and that stat boost+ passive ki regeneration let me do near-Saiyan level laser-spam while still being a tanky buu. You can't chain ultimates forever like SSJ, but it charges really fast while just stringing together basic combos. Emperor's Death Beam is incredible, even when you don't burn out your ki gauge with it. You get as much or more damage than Kamehameha if you hit with all of it, but you're much more likely to hit with at least some of it. Also it starts up fast enough to combo into. :eyepop:

THE FUCKING MOON fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jul 11, 2015

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

John Dyne posted:

If I remember right Goku's only killed two people in all of DBZ: the light eating monster from the Buu aga and Buu himself.

Meanwhile Vegeta and Trunks have killed pretty much everyone they've run into and Gohan's followed in his dad's footsteps and only killed Cell. And Piccolo's only killed a few guys, too, oddly enough.

http://imgur.com/gallery/BQ5l1

I split Raditz between Goku and Piccolo, and Ginyu's fate worse than death totally counts as one for Goku. He does still have a remarkably small direct kill count, though.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Section Z posted:

It's been a while since I played, but I'm drat sure leveling up counts.

When I made new characters, plowing them through monkey fights would notably raise my mentor levels, then stop when I hit "You unlocked the next mission, but this newbie isn't high enough level to see it!" (I'd regularly check the progress meter to see when it seemed it stopped moving entirely) then I'd switch to my higher level character and the mission icon would be right there.

Of course, I never got around to any of the "You must be level 70+ or whatever for me to give a poo poo" mentors, so I do not know if that would work for them.

The worst thing about Goku and Beerus is getting them to show up at all. I swear I've seen Tien, Elder Kai and Yamcha more than those two and I'm only wanting to train on them first because I'm about a level away from being able to get Mystic/Potential Unleashed. Leveling to 70 is nothing compared to climbing a over a million a level for 93. :v:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Emong posted:

It's not awful. I prefer doing Neo Tri-Beam + Kaioken x20, though.

Kaioken x20 is basically mandatory for Neo Tri-Beam. It's really good 1v1 as a finisher. If you don't win with it though, you're left without any Ki or Stamina, and you're wide open for a long time

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Does Super Saiyan provide any benefits besides infinite ki? I'm using a strike based Saiyan, so I rarely find myself running out of ki anyway.

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Danaru posted:

Does Super Saiyan provide any benefits besides infinite ki? I'm using a strike based Saiyan, so I rarely find myself running out of ki anyway.

A tiny bit of damage (1-3%) and 10% reduction to incoming damage.

In your situation Unlock Potential would be better, but that's a pain in the rear end to get.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Kild posted:

S

She's the same one. She voices Goten and Videl. Kara Edwards.

Really? I figured they changed it the same way they did with whoever did the voice for Kid Goku and Kid Gohan, for some reason Goten's voice sounds a lot higher pitched to me.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Real hurthling! posted:

here's a video of every special beam cannon ever with errata for the ones he forgot about that i just googled
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jviN-xSIRMc

edit: its loving funny how flawed spc apparently is if it can be batted away as easily as a ball of crumpled paper before going nuclear. wish you could block one in xenoverse and have it go careening into the skybox as an explosion.

It's also funny how other people use it more often than he does.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i just watch the battle of gods movie. so good. love baby pilaf.

Covok
May 27, 2013

So, if you use the Steam version of the game and use mods in any form, will you get banned?

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Covok posted:

So, if you use the Steam version of the game and use mods in any form, will you get banned?

Not outfits. I think CheatEngine will get you banned if you're online.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Testekill posted:

Not outfits. I think CheatEngine will get you banned if you're online.

So, I can modify outfits. How about changing characters? Like making SSJ4 Gogeta the much cooler SSJ1 Gogeta?

Edit: The highest difficulty parallel quest just feel mean.

Covok fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Jul 11, 2015

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

just beat the game. loved it.

not very motivated to continue and do the hidden saga though. blue hurricane kinda makes everything a foregone conclusion

thanks for helping me get this far, thread. see you for the sequel.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Covok posted:

So, I can modify outfits. How about changing characters? Like making SSJ4 Gogeta the much cooler SSJ1 Gogeta?

Edit: The highest difficulty parallel quest just feel mean.

You can, to an extent. There's mods to replace SSJ4 Gogeta with SSJ1 Gogeta (and a bunch of other characters for other characters), but it's only replacing how they look, the character is still the same. So he'll be SSJ1 Gogeta looks-wise, but still play like SSJ4 Gogeta, still act like him, still have the Big Bang Kamehameha, etc.

Real hurthling! posted:

just beat the game. loved it.

not very motivated to continue and do the hidden saga though. blue hurricane kinda makes everything a foregone conclusion

thanks for helping me get this far, thread. see you for the sequel.

Ahahahah you think you can take on anything because you beat the story mode.

That's so cute.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Blaze Dragon posted:

Ahahahah you think you can take on anything because you beat the story mode.

That's so cute.

no i think i can beat the final hidden saga super boring easily that the multiple saiyans at a time bullshit missions and crystal collection i have to do to get there aren't worth it.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Super Spirit Bomb and its accompanying Z-Soul has to be, flat-out, the best combo in the game.

For one, with the Z-Soul you are invincible while using it. Secondly, the Spirit Bomb stuns everything caught in its massive radius, allowing you to move out of the way, even if they use their stamina attack, they get caught in the stun. Lastly, after the last hit, they get sent flying upwards in a tailspin, allowing you, if you time it right, to hit them with another Ultimate or Super. I like to combo Super Spirit Bomb with Spirit Bomb and pretty much do a full health bar and a half worth of damage outright and get a 30-hit combo out of it. I don't always time it correctly but even in that window, Spirit Bomb always does a U-turn if it's in the air and ends up hitting them anyway.

I've also used 100x Big Bang Kamehameha after Super Spirit Bomb too but it's harder to time since the camera goes into cinematic view when you charge it up. Great skill.

Edit: Oh and what kind of goodies does your character get if they're hired out to do missions while you are not playing?

Jimbot fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jul 12, 2015

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
So, I got Blue Hurricane and it seems really awesome except that as soon as I activate it, my lock-on goes away and I can't tell where anyone is to actually catch them in it. What am I doing wrong?

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

I finally finished Super Sayain bargain sale without Tien's soul but I don't want to try kid Trunk's one without. Any good way to get Tien to spawn? He's spawned before but I wanted to finish up Ginyu's training first.

Astus
Nov 11, 2008

Some Numbers posted:

So, I got Blue Hurricane and it seems really awesome except that as soon as I activate it, my lock-on goes away and I can't tell where anyone is to actually catch them in it. What am I doing wrong?

Works best if you didn't bring anyone to help you. Climb up to the skybox, wait for the enemy to get close, then use it. You'll end up at about the same height as when you started it, and it shouldn't be too difficult to find your opponent, especially if that enemy is locked on to you (you'll see a red arrow showing where they are).

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Is there a Z-Soul that instantly kills any enemy that hits you with more than 2 of those annoying default KI blasts in a row? Or at the very least cancels them out? Because holy poo poo, if there's more than 1 person fighting you, that's all they shoot at you and you're constantly stunlocked by those loving things.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

I finally finished Super Sayain bargain sale without Tien's soul but I don't want to try kid Trunk's one without. Any good way to get Tien to spawn? He's spawned before but I wanted to finish up Ginyu's training first.

I suggest playing online with a friend to beat some of the tougher PQs. There really isn't a way to make Tien spawn. All you can do is log-in and log-out repeatedly until he does.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Covok posted:

I suggest playing online with a friend to beat some of the tougher PQs. There really isn't a way to make Tien spawn. All you can do is log-in and log-out repeatedly until he does.

Actually you can just go into the character select menu for a PQ, cancel out and the game will reload the area including new random mentors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012
I wouldn't be so sure on the hidden saga being easy. Even with blue hurricane the one with Bardock is a pain in the rear end.

• Locked thread