Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Suspect Bucket posted:

Never in all my years of rolling up with my family to random RV parks and 'resorts' and camping places with stocked ponds and lakes and rivers to fish, have I ever heard of 'Tame Fish'.

Mostly I heard "Don't kill yourself, here's the stuff we got, Wal-Mart has more. Good Luck"

Except at Tropical Palms in Old Town, they just said "Watch out for and never feed the Gators".

Well. Farm fish are pretty "tame". The little private alpine lake I got to from time to time is stocked with some of the dumbest, biggest trout. It's almost impossible to keep them off the hook for more than a minute. I showed my kids how to fish there because it was just that easy. So I'd consider that "tame". They get stocked once a year by a co-op but mostly they get eaten by the bears, otters and bald eagles living around the lake.

About 10 minutes of work. It took me longer to set up the poles and chairs than it did to catch these goobers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
Needlenose should be in every fisherman's tackle box for the reasons coy07e stated, If you are fishing for fish with small mouths(sunnies for instance), then a hemostat can be a great tool for removing small hooks from small mouths(works great for ice fishing with small tungsten jigs).

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

LingcodKilla posted:

About 10 minutes of work. It took me longer to set up the poles and chairs than it did to catch these goobers.

Haha. That's awesome. I guess I'm just so used to dealing with picky mid-day bluegill.

Took kids fishing again today, we've moved two of the bamboo poles on to having fluffy marabou jigs, and the kids just bop them up and down. Some are better at it then others. It's a little more active then just bobber watching. Also, the kids who bring their own poles are allowed off the dock and fish the bank. One of the kids caught the TINIEST little largemouth on a silver action tail minnow soft bait I gave him out of my kit. It was adorable.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

So I went fishing the other day and I was thinking... Man i love this rig.

It's a diamond bar jig with a treble bronze 2/0 hook. I remove one of the trebles. Up about 18 inches I tie another loop with a bronze 2/0 bait keeper hook. I usually toss some sort of rubber on it but sometimes I put a strip of squid on instead. I vertically jig this bad boy and make sure it clangs off the bottom. Most of my hits come on the initial drop but sometimes a little yo-yo action and walking it along the bottom is needed. The bronze hooks are because the bottom is super rocky with lots of snags. They will bend off or break before the line will. Just gotta learn how to pop your pole just right once you do get a snag. (the snap swivel was a total risk. at the time i didnt have another ring to attach to it or a normal swivel to attach to that so i made do with a snap swivel I thought for sure it would break but it didnt seem to take any damage, still replacing it before i go out again)

Dumb fish! Post your favorite set-up too!

Crab Dad fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Jul 11, 2015

damug
Jun 21, 2004

Suspect Bucket posted:

One of the kids caught the TINIEST little largemouth on a silver action tail minnow soft bait I gave him out of my kit. It was adorable.
Somebody said tiny largemouth bass.

This is the smallest I've managed to land.

That guy probably clocked in at 1 inch.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
I accidentally hit a school of crappies in my local bluegill/bass dam I fish all the time by staying til the sun went down and god drat, I don't know how I'm going back to bluegill now. Is it normal for a 10" crappie to put up a bigger fight than a 14" bass? Hit three in a row and all three of them made me think I had a big bass. Going to fish nights now, and if it doesn't happen again I'm driving to the nearest spot I hear is good for crappie fishing.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

extra stout posted:

I accidentally hit a school of crappies in my local bluegill/bass dam I fish all the time by staying til the sun went down and god drat, I don't know how I'm going back to bluegill now. Is it normal for a 10" crappie to put up a bigger fight than a 14" bass? Hit three in a row and all three of them made me think I had a big bass. Going to fish nights now, and if it doesn't happen again I'm driving to the nearest spot I hear is good for crappie fishing.

Crappy rigs crack me up. Never seen such specialized gear for such small guys. Sounds like fun though.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

LingcodKilla posted:

Crappy rigs crack me up. Never seen such specialized gear for such small guys. Sounds like fun though.

I was using mostly the same gear for bluegill, just weighted jigheads instead of my usual panfish hooks. Sometimes it's not even that you necessarily need anything that flashy to catch a certain fish, but it just happens to be big enough that it won't end up in a 3" bluegills mouth in 10 seconds, making it more likely to end up in a crappies mouth. For weeks when I used crappie magnets (the brand of artificial bait) I would never catch crappies, but I would catch bigger bluegills and some bass since the one million tiny gills in the dam couldn't get their mouth around it.

edit

Also just to make you laugh I'm thinking about putting a new reel on my bluegill and crappie rod, anyone have any experience with Abu Garcia spinning reels? My idea was to upgrade the reel by the time the ground freezes and then put this stock Ugly Stik reel on whatever cheap short rod I buy for ice fishing. I don't know much but I know every ice fisherman ever uses some two foot long rod and so far I have seen none of them with a 6 1/2 footer. Not sure if it's really a must or if it's just really hard to move a long rod around trying to pull a fish up to a little hole.

extra stout fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jul 11, 2015

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING
Any recommendations for an inflatable fishing kayak? I may get one that fits two, but not sure what's out there. I don't have the means or room right now for a full size one.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

bunnielab posted:

Tomorrow I am heading out on a 2 day hiking trip along the C&O canal. Last time I was there it was pissing rain and I managed to catch 9-10 bass in like 3 hours of fishing. This time I have overcast skys and like 28 hours to fish. Very excited. It has been raining a ton but the canal seem to bounce back from being silted pretty quickly.

Report!

I had a blast and caught a ton of bass. Maybe two dozen about this size:

And a ton of dinks. It is really exciting to finally be at a point where I can look at the water and have an understanding of where and what to cast to catch a fish. I caught almost everything in the canal, the Potomac is still way too high to safely rock hop. The one exception is this amazing little pond/hole I found between the canal and the river:

It was maybe 100-150' across, like 12-15' deep, and crystal clear. I could see maybe a dozen carp and even more cats drifting around the bottom. I never saw the bass before I cast, but as soon as the lure hit the water two or three would dart out and hit it. I was catching almost every cast until they got wise. It felt like I caught ever bass in there. Most were dinks but there were a few +12' ones mixed in.

Almost every fish was caught on the following rig:

It's a Z-man Hula Stick wacky rigged on a 1/6oz jig. The action this thing has is insane. The plastic is super buoyant, so the rig sinks at like 5. to 1ft a second the tips have a ton of movement while falling. But what makes it shine is when you softly shake it. The weight flips it around and to my eyes it looks exactly like a small bait fish floundering in shallow water. The technique was pretty much: Cast to a hole or weed edge, snap the bail shut to drop it as softly as you can, immediately take up tension. Count to five, if nothing has hit it then give it a small pop up and shake it on the way back down. If nothing hits it just rip it back and try again. The Z-man baits are insanely durable, one worm lasted for over half of my fish and I suspect it would have lasted longer but I lost it to a snag. Speaking of which, this rig is oddly great and slipping through really dense SAV and branches. I think the buoyancy of the worm keeps the hook slightly low during the retrieve. I also love it because if I spot a bass it it super fast to rerig to a Ned and swim the lure right past him.

Here are some shots of the canal, it varies a lot with weather and water level but for the most part it is perfect bass habitat.

There is this mile long wide and deep part that I absolutely need to get my kayak into:

damug posted:

Somebody said tiny largemouth bass.

This is the smallest I've managed to land.

That guy probably clocked in at 1 inch.

Tiny bass posse checking it!

That is like a #6 or 8 hook and one of those super small trout magic floats. It's maybe the size of an acorn.

That is my first bass as well :buddy:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I've never seen a "wacky" rig. Gotta keep that in mind. Thanks!

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

bunnielab posted:

Tiny bass posse checking it!

That is like a #6 or 8 hook and one of those super small trout magic floats. It's maybe the size of an acorn.

That is my first bass as well :buddy:

TINY BASS CREW JUNIOR MEMBER

Not my kid, so face is smiley'd out. He was super proud of that fish though, first one he ever caught on his own without help or anyone telling him what to do.

I was also misremebering who had what, he got that little sucker on a 1.5in silver Freshwater Shad and a split-shot on a 6 hook. Which I just bought 50 of, because I use 6's ALL THE TIME. I let them pick their own soft baits from my little collection. But that have to stick with the same one all day. Fortunately, just about all my soft baits are 'crappie' size for bluegills.

... And they all come from the dollar bin.

I'm gonna try that wacky worm rig next time I get a moment to cast.

Suspect Bucket fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jul 12, 2015

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
From what I have read the Wacky rig is somewhat newish "invention" and doing it with a jig is even newer. Pretty much every tackle manufacture makes hooks and jigs for this style. I haven't tried any of specialty jigs yet but I plan on picking up a few. I also think the buoyancy of the worm is huge, when the jig is sitting on the bottom the worm floats the hook straight up and lets you give the rig movement without lifting it off the bottom. Z-Man plastics are great, but are a pain to work with. They cannot be stored with other plastics or in Plano bloxes as they react with them and ruin both. They are also super hard to rig sometimes as they are so elastic that it is hard to say, pull them over a keeper. But, for action and durability they are amazing.

Kid Golbez
Sep 13, 2005
Here are a couple videos from yesterday, I went after some shallow-water red snapper with my wife and kids yesterday. I've always been amazed at how much harder they fight this way versus the same size fish in deeper water.

I get dumped bad in this one. My daughter is all "Daddy are you ok?" while I'm thinking "gently caress NO I AM NOT OK A FISH JUST GOT AWAY"
https://video-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/h...2ab&oe=55A2FC62

Here is one of the successful catches.
https://video-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/h...721&oe=55A2F8E4

Kid Golbez fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jul 12, 2015

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Kid Golbez posted:

Here are a couple videos from yesterday, I went after some shallow-water red snapper with my wife and kids yesterday. I've always been amazed at how much harder they fight this way versus the same size fish in deeper water.

I get dumped bad in this one. My daughter is all "Daddy are you ok?" while I'm thinking "gently caress NO I AM NOT OK A FISH JUST GOT AWAY"
https://video-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/h...2ab&oe=55A2FC62

Here is one of the successful catches.
https://video-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/h...721&oe=55A2F8E4

NIce snapper dude! Also your wife getting her jab in and telling your girl to get the gaff was cute. Where you fishing out of?

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Knifegrab posted:

Awesome thanks so much, I'm actually backpacking into golden trout wilderness, no resort style fishing for me!
They're basically yellow redbands eh? Cool!

I'd take a fly-fishing rig with some dry and some wet and some nymph caddis flies, PMDs, drakes, etc. If you're bait or lure fishing, some panther martins and other spinners (get casting spinners rather than trolling ones, since you are backpacking not boating), and definitely some good ol' hooks and bobbers and sliding egg weights and split shot. If you don't have a fly rig, you might consider picking up a couple of flies anyhow and a clear torpedo bobber - you can tie 6 to 10 feet of line on below the bobber, and cast flies and then retrieve them in different manners (check your regs for leader length restrictions, there may be a max size, or it may not apply to the type of fish and area you'll be in). Goldens are like redbands so I wouldn't expect many big eatin' fish, but there will probably be lots of small ones which will likely be very aggressive. I'd be shocked if you need anything over 6-8 lb test.

Local fly shops can tell you what to bring, bait and lures are fairly self-explanatory. If you buy flies, remember that you'll be buying teeny tiny ones (especially any that go below water - profile and size versus the size of the real thing is more important underwater because there's less distortion, and for trout you'll be pushing size 12-20 flies - I wouldn't go larger than a 14 though.)

Kid Golbez
Sep 13, 2005

LingcodKilla posted:

NIce snapper dude! Also your wife getting her jab in and telling your girl to get the gaff was cute. Where you fishing out of?

Orange Beach, AL

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

coyo7e posted:

I'd take a fly-fishing rig with some dry and some wet and some nymph caddis flies, PMDs, drakes, etc. If you're bait or lure fishing, some panther martins and other spinners (get casting spinners rather than trolling ones, since you are backpacking not boating), and definitely some good ol' hooks and bobbers and sliding egg weights and split shot. If you don't have a fly rig, you might consider picking up a couple of flies anyhow and a clear torpedo bobber - you can tie 6 to 10 feet of line on below the bobber, and cast flies and then retrieve them in different manners (check your regs for leader length restrictions, there may be a max size, or it may not apply to the type of fish and area you'll be in). Goldens are like redbands so I wouldn't expect many big eatin' fish, but there will probably be lots of small ones which will likely be very aggressive. I'd be shocked if you need anything over 6-8 lb test.

Local fly shops can tell you what to bring, bait and lures are fairly self-explanatory. If you buy flies, remember that you'll be buying teeny tiny ones (especially any that go below water - profile and size versus the size of the real thing is more important underwater because there's less distortion, and for trout you'll be pushing size 12-20 flies - I wouldn't go larger than a 14 though.)

ayup

Crab Dad fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jul 13, 2015

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Isn't a golden trout just a subspecies of rainbow trout?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Isn't a golden trout just a subspecies of rainbow trout?

You know I never heard of the rainbows being called redbands. Yeah the Golden is apparently in the "redband" family and is a subspecies of rainbow. They are considered genetically different enough to get protection. California state fish!

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

coyo7e posted:

So I actually just got back from my trip. I busted up my knee pretty bad so we had to cut our trip short and I had to pack out 11 miles on a bad knee. I did get a few hours fishing using what we had previously talked about this thread but I don't think I was able to get my line in the water at a good time (~10 am instead of early morning) so I didn't get even a single bite. :(

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot
It's the classic problem of fishing, getting everything working together smoothly and at the right time.. I went camping this weekend and expected to get some fly fishing in but my brother snoozed on getting his stuff and his kids together so we ended up not able to find a campsite anywhere near the water, and camped way up in the hills on some logging roads, and burned a thousand rounds of ammo instead between everyone.

LingcodKilla posted:

You know I never heard of the rainbows being called redbands. Yeah the Golden is apparently in the "redband" family and is a subspecies of rainbow. They are considered genetically different enough to get protection. California state fish!
http://www.ecy.wa.gov/geographic/spokane/images/062012-redbandtrout.pdf

A lot of ignorant fishermen believe redbands are smolts, but they don't get generally get down out of the small mountain streams. They interbreed with cutts a lot so the markings can vary. There is a bit of debate about whether they're primitive rainbows or crossbred rainbows, in some circles.

edit: oh yeah, also I made some new sleeves for some of my rods which didn't have any:

After making one and then thinking up a bunch of improvements, I'm looking forward to the next one, with pockets on the outside for pliers, knife, etc.. :)

coyo7e fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jul 13, 2015

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

coyo7e posted:

edit: oh yeah, also I made some new sleeves for some of my rods which didn't have any:

After making one and then thinking up a bunch of improvements, I'm looking forward to the next one, with pockets on the outside for pliers, knife, etc.. :)

Hah my bar lures are big enough to go in each of those sleeves. Just got a new 16oz chrome bar with some silly holographs on it. Doubt it will work any better but you never know.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
I can't wrap my head around a 16 ounce lure. I am finding a 1/16oz to be too heavy for a lot of the fishing I want to do.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

bunnielab posted:

I can't wrap my head around a 16 ounce lure. I am finding a 1/16oz to be too heavy for a lot of the fishing I want to do.

It's pretty fun stuff. Sometimes you hook up fish smaller and lighter than the lure. One of these days I'll take a picture of an Overachiever Club member.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

LingcodKilla posted:

It's pretty fun stuff. Sometimes you hook up fish smaller and lighter than the lure. One of these days I'll take a picture of an Overachiever Club member.

Hah, I have caught tiny rear end white perch on a lure over twice their size. Those bastards are really feisty fuckers.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I have never heard of a red band. Is that a generic name for a rainbow, or some set of subspecies in the lower 48?

All we have up here are rainbows and steelhead, and people steadfastly insist they are separate species. I imagine when you have more than two varieties it's even worse.

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING
Me and bunnielab went fishin' on Sunday in Murr'lun

We caught a few things.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Kazak_Hstan posted:

I have never heard of a red band. Is that a generic name for a rainbow, or some set of subspecies in the lower 48?

All we have up here are rainbows and steelhead, and people steadfastly insist they are separate species. I imagine when you have more than two varieties it's even worse.

I think redband trout refers to the whole genus that rainbows, cutthroat, golden belong to. Then you got the euro trout like Browns and brook that are not.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007
I just moved out to where suburb meets farmland outside of Cleveland, and one of the major steelhead rivers (the Chagrin) is literally at the end of my street.

Sadly, we're way upsteam, like 30 miles of winding river from the lake, and above a fairly major waterfall, so there's no chance of any steelhead making their way up here.

Having never fished a river this far upriver, can I expect to find anything worth fishing for in it? It's about 20-30 feet wide and a couple of feet deep at its deepest here, with a rocky bottom and largely running through woods. I'm thinking it's too small/shallow for anything decent to live in it, especially because it goes from "gentle trickle" to "flood of chocolate milk" every time it rains, but I could be very wrong.

Seeing Bunnielab's reports of big bass in the C&O canal has made me think about trying my luck anyway.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

stealie72 posted:

I just moved out to where suburb meets farmland outside of Cleveland, and one of the major steelhead rivers (the Chagrin) is literally at the end of my street.

Sadly, we're way upsteam, like 30 miles of winding river from the lake, and above a fairly major waterfall, so there's no chance of any steelhead making their way up here.

Having never fished a river this far upriver, can I expect to find anything worth fishing for in it? It's about 20-30 feet wide and a couple of feet deep at its deepest here, with a rocky bottom and largely running through woods. I'm thinking it's too small/shallow for anything decent to live in it, especially because it goes from "gentle trickle" to "flood of chocolate milk" every time it rains, but I could be very wrong.

Seeing Bunnielab's reports of big bass in the C&O canal has made me think about trying my luck anyway.

How far are you from the falls? Might be worth it to drive 15 minutes and get a bit downriver.

I had a pretty great accomplishment the other day. I managed to partake in both of my favorite activities at the same time. I went golfing and fishing at the same time. There's a golf course near my in-laws that has a nice trout stream run right through it, I went there on a non-busy evening and brought a little spinning rod! I probably caught a dozen browns, biggest probably around 13". Found an absolute killer hole though, had a BIG brown take a swipe at my spinner and then retreat back to the depths :(. Maybe next time!

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Planet X posted:

Me and bunnielab went fishin' on Sunday in Murr'lun

We caught a few things.

I ended up staying there until around 830-9pm. I was determined to catch something in the pool above the dam. I tried two different cranks, three spinners, a jig, and a big texas rigged worm. loving nothing. I could see sunfish and even some bass in the water earlier in the day, but there was nothing going on in the evening. I think the last resort is to go back there with some minnows and a slip bobber, but that seems like cheating.

I did see some jackasses in a little dinghy motor to within maybe 5 feet of the dam. They seemed to be relying on their trolling motor to fight the current over the top.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

LingcodKilla posted:

I think redband trout refers to the whole genus that rainbows, cutthroat, golden belong to. Then you got the euro trout like Browns and brook that are not.

Huh, I've never heard that. That genus also includes all the Pacific salmon.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
So on my first foray into lake Michigan in my kayak with a brand new rod and reel for trolling, I drop it in the lake. Feel terrible.

That said, any recommendations for a rod on amazon? Too embarrassed to go back to the fishing store. Supposedly salmon and trout are what I'm after, they set my up with 30lb braid.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

How deep? You may be able to get a alligator treble hook and rope and drag the bottom for it.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
If I wanted to try and fish everything from bluegill to steelhead year round, do you think I could get away with having only two rigs? I think I'm going to see which of the Abu Garcia baitcasters that are still made in Sweden are affordable, put that on my 6 1/2 foot Ugly Rod, and then put the Ugly stock reel on a new smaller lighter rod. Use the small one for ice fishing and for bluegill fishing, use the 6 1/2 footer with the Abu and some bigger line for trying for trout and pike.

Any flaws in this? I just want to be able to fish for anything freshwater in my area without having to be spooling line every weekend or spending a ton of money, seems like the cheapest way to have one sturdy rig and one for ice and for still being able to feel the tug of a crappie.

If you have an Abu reel that's still in production and has the made in Sweden stamp, feel free to recommend it or tell me where it succeeds and where it annoys.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

extra stout posted:

If I wanted to try and fish everything from bluegill to steelhead year round, do you think I could get away with having only two rigs? I think I'm going to see which of the Abu Garcia baitcasters that are still made in Sweden are affordable, put that on my 6 1/2 foot Ugly Rod, and then put the Ugly stock reel on a new smaller lighter rod. Use the small one for ice fishing and for bluegill fishing, use the 6 1/2 footer with the Abu and some bigger line for trying for trout and pike.

Any flaws in this? I just want to be able to fish for anything freshwater in my area without having to be spooling line every weekend or spending a ton of money, seems like the cheapest way to have one sturdy rig and one for ice and for still being able to feel the tug of a crappie.

If you have an Abu reel that's still in production and has the made in Sweden stamp, feel free to recommend it or tell me where it succeeds and where it annoys.

Spend the extra money and buy an Avet. I have a 20 year old Abu that just finally wore out but I doubt they still make them like that:

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

LingcodKilla posted:

How deep? You may be able to get a alligator treble hook and rope and drag the bottom for it.

I have no idea where it went in, and I was pretty far off shore so no point dragging for it.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

mastershakeman posted:

I have no idea where it went in, and I was pretty far off shore so no point dragging for it.

Get some rod floats dude. They look dumb as poo poo but will save you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

bunnielab posted:

Get some rod floats dude. They look dumb as poo poo but will save you.

What are some good u obstructive rod floats? I usually just leave my rods in the pvc holders and clip on a paddle leash if it's really rough out, but I'm getting ready to do some beach launches for tarpon and want to minimize my risk.