Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/polls/2015/jul/whats-more-important-san-diego-comic-con-or-charge/results/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
let's see i went to this website and found it worthwhile to paste in to the something awful forums but as for writing any sort of summary or explanation............neop

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
an explanation would've spoiled it.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Comic con probably brings in more money to the city than any NFL team does

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ross Angeles posted:

Comic con probably brings in more money to the city than any NFL team does

It also contributes a lot more to an influx of unsavory characters with terrible body odor than the raiders do. :colbert:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Volkerball posted:

It also contributes a lot more to an influx of unsavory characters with terrible body odor than the raiders do. :colbert:

Well you take the good with the bad

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

My hometown has one of the bigger cons in the country.

:barf:
I am so sorry, Ross.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Volkerball posted:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The Pasadena city council voted 11-0 against allowing an nfl team using the Rose Bowl as a temporary home

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ross Angeles posted:

The Pasadena city council voted 11-0 against allowing an nfl team using the Rose Bowl as a temporary home

Pasadena is my least favorite part of Los Angeles and this just sealed it. :itwaspoo:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Pasadena is my least favorite part of Los Angeles and this just sealed it. :itwaspoo:

It's relevant because it leaves the LA Coliseum as the only real viable option. And I doubt they're gonna shove two teams in there for a temporary basis

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Any idea on which team would be more likely to get the Coliseum?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Any idea on which team would be more likely to get the Coliseum?

I think it'll depend on which of the two stadiums actually starts getting built. If it's Inglewood, logic would say it's the Rams. If it's Carson, it'll be the Chargers

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Ross Angeles posted:

I think it'll depend on which of the two stadiums actually starts getting built. If it's Inglewood, logic would say it's the Rams. If it's Carson, it'll be the Chargers

and the raiders get an aircraft carrier, perfect

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Raku posted:

Mark Davis will do as he's told because he has no choice unless he wants to sell the team

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Raku posted:

Make them a traveling team. :pirate:

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Let the A's have the coliseum and build the thunderdome in the south parking lot.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Ross Angeles posted:

Mark Davis will do as he's told because he has no choice unless he wants to sell the team

Yes, because that's worked out so well for the NFL in the past.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Ross Angeles posted:

It's relevant because it leaves the LA Coliseum as the only real viable option. And I doubt they're gonna shove two teams in there for a temporary basis

As part of the lease, the Coliseum is literally not allowed to host 2 NFL teams

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Chichevache posted:

Make them a traveling team. :pirate:

They're already the most travelled team so gently caress it.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Raku posted:

They're not going to San Diego, though?

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
If the raiders and chargers both move to LA is the assumption still that one of them would get moved out of the AFC west so that there are not two division rivals in the same city?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kazak_Hstan posted:

If the raiders and chargers both move to LA is the assumption still that one of them would get moved out of the AFC west so that there are not two division rivals in the same city?

If they share a stadium, yeah, one will get moved to the NFC

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Ross Angeles posted:

If they share a stadium, yeah, one will get moved to the NFC

Oof. Either way that ruins a few good rivalries. I guess I would prefer having the Raiders in the NFC and the Cards bounced to the AFC West. Mainly because I want to see the fights at Candlestitch when the Raiders play the Niners. :ese:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Give the Seahawks back to the AFC where they belong. Trade for the Raiders.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Give the Seahawks back to the AFC where they belong. Trade for the Colts.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Spoeank posted:

Eh, I'd be ok with this. With Harbaugh gone we don't have any great rivalries in the division anymore. Plus the AFC loving blows and we could just advance directly to the AFCCG vs the Colts every year for the next decade.

gently caress it, I'm down. Good luck dealing with the Carr2Cooper show.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Spoeank posted:

And I am so loving over this franchise I would be perfectly fine with Davis Jr curb stomping Jed York for a few years, bring it on.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Seahawks to Oklahoma City, Chargers to Seattle. It's really quite simple.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Cruel and Unusual posted:

I approve

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Seahawks to the WNBA, so Seattle has the professional basketball team they want so bad. New AFC west expansion team in Portland, preferably with some kind of raptor based name.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
I'm embarrassed that I know this, but Seattle already has a WNBA team.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
I did not know that and will almost certainly forget it.

But if LA can have two NFL teams Seattle can have two WNBA teams.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
The Raiders in the NFC just seems wrong. When I think "AFC" I think of teams like the Steelers and the Raiders.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Cruel and Unusual posted:

Nah, I moved to Seattle to get away from the Chargers. Don't do this to me.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Brannock posted:

The Raiders in the NFC just seems wrong. When I think "AFC" I think of teams like the Steelers and the Raiders.

I am not sure there is any easy AFC West team to swap to the NFC. Aren't they pretty much all old AFL teams? Kind of the same deal in the NFC West, other than Seattle they all have deep NFC roots. Rams and Niners have been NFC West as long as there's been an NFL, and the cardinals are like the oldest continuous NFL franchise.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Kazak_Hstan posted:

I am not sure there is any easy AFC West team to swap to the NFC. Aren't they pretty much all old AFL teams? Kind of the same deal in the NFC West, other than Seattle they all have deep NFC roots. Rams and Niners have been NFC West as long as there's been an NFL, and the cardinals are like the oldest continuous NFL franchise.

The entire AFC West were original AFL members, and I think the two teams that move divisions would be the Cardinals and Raiders. Dean Spanos has been the "Good Soldier" for the NFL and all the other owners love him, and the league has no love-loss for the Davis family or the Raiders. I'm not sure where I heard it, but it came out earlier this year that Mark Davis wouldn't be opposed to moving to the NFC either.

The Niners are a dynasty franchise and wouldn't move, and the Rams have been NFC West forever. The Seahawks have somewhat established a rivalry with the Niners and I don't think they'll just move them back to the AFC after 12 years. The Cardinals have been a doormat through their entire history until recently, and haven't been in the NFC West for that long

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Switch the Rams and the Chargers, nobody gives a poo poo about the Rams anyway.

NFC West Seattle on top and smelly California teams below as their rightful place.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Bad Moon posted:

Switch the Rams and the Chargers, nobody gives a poo poo about the Rams anyway.

NFC West Seattle on top and smelly California teams below as their rightful place.

Yeah this isn't going to happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Moving one of the original AFL teams to the NFC is so loving stupid that's probably exactly what Goodell will do

• Locked thread