Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

BootsRaingear posted:

We've got a bit of a backlog of recorded episodes. They're coming.
Awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

BootsRaingear posted:

We've got a bit of a backlog of recorded episodes. They're coming.

So have you guys thought about a Patreon? :downs:

BootsRaingear
Sep 10, 2013

I can't grow a beard.

Hasters posted:

So have you guys thought about a Patreon? :downs:

Only if you could donate time so we could get more done in a day. If I had another couple hours each day... I'd probably spend it at the pub.

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

BootsRaingear posted:

Only if you could donate time so we could get more done in a day. If I had another couple hours each day... I'd probably spend it at the pub.

What was that movie where instead of paying with money you literally paid with part of your life, which is like, deep and stuff, woah?

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Red Minjo posted:

What was that movie where instead of paying with money you literally paid with part of your life, which is like, deep and stuff, woah?

In Time

The Sin of Onan
Oct 11, 2012

And below,
watched by eyes of steel
we dreamt

MyFaceBeHi posted:

My favourite Kumpot moment will always be from This Aint Episode #152 XXX with the rant about the blowjob scene. "...AND HE STILL NEEDED TO JERK OFF IN ORDER TO CUUUUUUM??????"

The Thor XXX rant is amazing, but I think my favourite was the one in the John Kitchin episode.

"YOU WANT JUST ONE SEX PARTNER!? THAT IS LIKE HAVING JUST ONE VEGETABLE!!! Say, broccoli."

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

The Sin of Onan posted:

The Thor XXX rant is amazing, but I think my favourite was the one in the John Kitchin episode.

"YOU WANT JUST ONE SEX PARTNER!? THAT IS LIKE HAVING JUST ONE VEGETABLE!!! Say, broccoli."

yeah YEAH YEAH YEAH no NO HEY HEY HEY!!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
My favorite episode of The F Plus is "These are a few of my favorite kinks," because Kumquatxop is powerful.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
AGH. WAGH! Oh yeah, yeah. Yeah yeah yeah YEAH WHAAAAUGH! No! Uhh... no!

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

alcharagia posted:

My favorite episode of The F Plus is "These are a few of my favorite kinks," because Kumquatxop is powerful.

"Now I want everyone to go through and pick one to read-"
"HI MY NAME'S MIHU WHO WANTS TO LICK A RED PANDA'S BUTTHOLE"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

alcharagia posted:

AGH. WAGH! Oh yeah, yeah. Yeah yeah yeah YEAH WHAAAAUGH! No! Uhh... no!

You're ruining the black metal scene on Something Awful.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Kumquatxop used to be the secret best, but now that he's on more frequently, he's the regular best.

HELLO YES HI

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
A YAM A YAM A YAM A YAM A YAM

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

In the podcast crossover event of the year - by which I mean a guy from a podcast I like was on another podcast I like - Lemon is the guest on the latest episode of I Don't Even Own A Television (a podcast about bad books), hosted by (former?) SA star poster Jay Friedman (aka Satellite High) and Chris Collision. This episode? "Candy Girl," by Oscar winner Diablo Cody, supposedly based on her life as a stripper, but mostly based on her complete and utter lack of self-awareness and empathy.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

TetsuoTW posted:

In the podcast crossover event of the year - by which I mean a guy from a podcast I like was on another podcast I like - Lemon is the guest on the latest episode of I Don't Even Own A Television (a podcast about bad books), hosted by (former?) SA star poster Jay Friedman (aka Satellite High) and Chris Collision. This episode? "Candy Girl," by Oscar winner Diablo Cody, supposedly based on her life as a stripper, but mostly based on her complete and utter lack of self-awareness and empathy.

Yeah, Lemon twittered about it a little bit ago. I'm really disappointed in him, because this probably means I'm about to start following another podcast, and I just don't have enough time in the day! :argh:

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

TetsuoTW posted:

Why hasn't that podcast done an episode on "Twisted!" yet? :argh:

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Your idea of "podcast crossover event of the year" doesn't include Lou Fernandez? hosed up if true imo.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

RyokoTK posted:

Your idea of "podcast crossover event of the year" doesn't include Lou Fernandez? hosed up if true imo.
We're only halfway through the year, so there's still hope.

fe: Wait how did this thread get to Hitler pages without me noticing that it's "Terrible Things Read with Enthusiam"?

re:

Plague of Hats posted:

Yeah, Lemon twittered about it a little bit ago. I'm really disappointed in him, because this probably means I'm about to start following another podcast, and I just don't have enough time in the day! :argh:
Don't worry, they update roughly on the same timeframe The F Plus used to.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
whoo whoo new lou

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Plague of Hats posted:

It's really good, and educational! You wouldn't think Matilda knows a lot about cheap romance novels, but I learned that from IDEOTV. The back catalog has some great episodes, especially the episodes about Ready Player One and Those Who Tresspass, Bill O'Reilly's thriller.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 37 hours!

X-Ray Pecs posted:

You wouldn't think Matilda knows a lot about cheap romance novels, but I learned that from IDEOTV.

I dunno, her Twitter feed paints the picture of the exact sort of person that would have an ironic interest in trashy media.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I think my favorite part of the Candy Girl IDEOTV episode is when "My Neck, My Back" came up (as it so often does) and Lemon was apparently compelled to finish the line whether he actually wanted to or not.

X-Ray Pecs posted:

You wouldn't think Matilda knows a lot about cheap romance novels, but I learned that from IDEOTV.
I was really glad to discover that she grew up into a totally normal, cool lady.

SavTargaryen
Sep 11, 2011
Man, it's a page back but I have to add my love for Kumquat. That sort of coked up I LOVE YOU LET'S BE FRIENDS voice just slays me every time. He's up there with Bunnybread and Portaxx for me.

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

I like the bit where someone near the end mentions Frank West's book from FPlus Live 3, and you can hear Lemon :catstare: as he just goes "NO. DO NOT READ THAT.", followed by the description about how strong the reaction from the crowd was to that horrible, horrible thing.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

DemonTrigger posted:

I like the bit where someone near the end mentions Frank West's book from FPlus Live 3, and you can hear Lemon :catstare: as he just goes "NO. DO NOT READ THAT.", followed by the description about how strong the reaction from the crowd was to that horrible, horrible thing.

I can re-listen to any episode but that one. Adult babies, plushies, foot fetishes, those are like nothing compared to That Story.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
I was going to give her money to buy a copy of twisted...

For the original run, There's no kindle version, and there's only one copy of the paperback left- for 499$. Nearly five hundred dollars. :supaburn:

http://www.amazon.com/Twisted-Miranda-Leek/dp/1496921283 New Version has kindle version for five bucks.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

TetsuoTW posted:

Poking through the episodes indirectly led me to the uncomfortable discovery that some unholy force is still keeping Piers Anthony alive.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Gimnbo posted:

Poking through the episodes indirectly led me to the uncomfortable discovery that some unholy force is still keeping Piers Anthony alive.

How could that be possible? Who's still buying those books?

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Gimnbo posted:

When I listened to that FPlus Live! episode I had no idea who Piers Anthony was and was confused as to who could cause such an immediate visceral reaction just upon mention.

That IDEOTV episode on one of his books certainly learned me. :stonk:

E4C85D38
Feb 7, 2010

Doesn't that thing only
hold six rounds...?

DemonTrigger posted:

When was this? I must have missed it, or my mind suppressed the memory or something.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Nemo2342 posted:

How could that be possible? Who's still buying those books?

Stupid teenagers that don't know any better.

gently caress you, Piers Anthony, for so many reasons.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Mors Rattus posted:

Stupid teenagers that don't know any better.

gently caress you, Piers Anthony, for so many reasons.

Ok, that makes sense. I read a fair number his books as a stupid teenager too (they were left to me by my father, so at least I didn't pay for them).

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

E4C85D38 posted:

When was this? I must have missed it, or my mind suppressed the memory or something.

It's from the very end, I think in the last 5 minutes, of the I Don't Even Own A Television episode featuring Lemon. Hearing Lemon trip over himself as he tries to collect his feelings on the book is great.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I feel like reading Piers Anthony is a right of passage for nerds where they discover no, not everything 'nerdy' is good.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

His books are almost purpose-designed to appeal to horny teenagers who have not yet learned how to recognize lovely beliefs.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I come bearing sad(ish) news; poop.computer (now?) redirects to poop.urbanwizards.com instead.

I mean that's still awesome but not as awesome. And at least the content is the same.

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

That still sounds like a Kumquatxop site.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade
I think we can safely say that if your name is Piers your should never to aloud beard the written word, and if your last name is also a first name just put yourself down before you do any harm

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I don't get the point of the breaks in I Don't Even Own A Television. Like, I'm listening to it continuously. There's nothing to break to. I was literally listening to you 7 seconds ago, you really don't need to reintroduce yourselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Dragonatrix posted:

I come bearing sad(ish) news; poop.computer (now?) redirects to poop.urbanwizards.com instead.
It always has. How did you take this long to find out? Did you not immediately fire up your browser upon hearing, "Coming soon to an Internet near you: poop.computer!"

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jul 11, 2015