Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.

The Moon Monster posted:

What program are people using to take screenshots of large areas?

New feature for 1.3. Press f1 to atctivate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

The White Dragon posted:

iirc it's additive, but there's a cap anyway (60-75%?).

Pretty sure it's multiplicative. Additive with a cap wouldn't make much sense considering that there's equipment that by itself gives 66% chance (Vortex Beater).

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

graynull posted:

Anyone else in multiplayer getting bugs with the expert mode boss bags? We were catching a friend up and the wall of flesh dropped a bag with nothing in it for me, then we killed the twins and 3/4 of us got no bags at all.

This was a bug that was supposed to have been fixed in the last patch.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

RatHat posted:

Is it possible to turn off the visual of the Celestial Shell turning you into a werewolf?

No.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Hello I spent half my day turning about a thousand meteorite ore into meteorite bricks and becoming a space captain.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

YF-23 posted:

Hello I spent half my day turning about a thousand meteorite ore into meteorite bricks and becoming a space captain.

next starbound patch looking real good

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

YF-23 posted:

I don't think NASA builds our space ships out of space metal...

There's Martian stuff, though!

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

YF-23 posted:

computer, replicate a lasagna... for one...

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.
So what's the best Terraria editor?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Network Pesci posted:

Maybe it's this one?

Yes! That's the one!

MrGreenShirt posted:

Not the one you're looking for, but here's mine!

Although now it appears the game deleted my most current save and thus all the work I put into my artificial jungle biome. Good think Tedit just updated I guess!

But this little tree nook is really cute though! If losing your save didn't mess up your base I'd love to see what the rest of the place looks like because all that granite has to be for a reason.

Looking at this treehouse, now I wish cabinets were a thing in the game too.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

RareAcumen posted:

Yes! That's the one!

But this little tree nook is really cute though! If losing your save didn't mess up your base I'd love to see what the rest of the place looks like because all that granite has to be for a reason.

Looking at this treehouse, now I wish cabinets were a thing in the game too.

There's Dressers, which are more or less the same thing. They even function as chests, plus base outfit recoloring. And the house's flat surface in lieu of a table.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

MrGreenShirt posted:

Although now it appears the game deleted my most current save and thus all the work I put into my artificial jungle biome. Good think Tedit just updated I guess!

gently caress I'm just gonna backup my stuff real quick because apparently every page has someone lose their world.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Supremezero posted:

There's Dressers, which are more or less the same thing. They even function as chests, plus base outfit recoloring. And the house's flat surface in lieu of a table.

But I can't show off my fancy dishes in dressers. :ohdear:

Anyway, next picture I'm looking for, it's a large base and off to the top right I think it's a Boreal wood house? The objective was to try and make it look like a Noir detective's place.

Oh! And, DoubleNegative, you should add the Tax Collector recruitment to the list in the OP.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

YF-23 posted:

Giving me Consortium vibes... :raise: Its good! :haw:

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The pot tree was mine but unfortunately it's gone because that was the world that got corrupted. :(

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

King Doom posted:

So what's the best Terraria editor?

Go forth, my child

Rapacity
Sep 12, 2007
Grand
I've got to the point where I've done everything in one world so I'm taking my time building a real set-piece world so I hope this world bug is not prevalent because I've spent many hours on it.. like, a ton of hours

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Gobblecoque posted:

gently caress I'm just gonna backup my stuff real quick because apparently every page has someone lose their world.

Where are the save files stored? I wanted to back mine up but couldn't figure out where to files were because I'm stupid.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

Where are the save files stored? I wanted to back mine up but couldn't figure out where to files were because I'm stupid.

documents/my games/terraria/worlds

King Doom
Dec 1, 2004
I am on the Internet.

You good people sir. You are good people.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

My dumb base is basically done. Is there any way to coax the Party Girl into my lair or do I just have to get lucky?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

The Moon Monster posted:

My dumb base is basically done. Is there any way to coax the Party Girl into my lair or do I just have to get lucky?

You have to get lucky. She has a 2% chance of showing up every day once you have 14 NPCs. And an empty house. Unfortunately, that also applies if she gets killed, so if you want her item drop, be prepared to wait a while.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

The Moon Monster posted:

That is a super cool base.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Huh, I think my Hallow spawned right next to my Crimson. Will that cause any problems?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

RatHat posted:

Huh, I think my Hallow spawned right next to my Crimson. Will that cause any problems?

no, neither can overtake the other. They'll both expand outwards.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Excelzior posted:

no, neither can overtake the other. They'll both expand outwards.

Note that Hallow actually can take over the starting crimson/corruption to at least some extent. Though they seem to fight back somewhat. I have several half-hallowified Crimson Chasms.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Internet Kraken posted:

What weapon should I put in the middle of this treasure room? It need to be sufficiently gaudy but I can't think of anything good.

The coin gun

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Uh, has Destroyer always shot that many lasers? I don't remember there being that many.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

RareAcumen posted:

Oh! And, DoubleNegative, you should add the Tax Collector recruitment to the list in the OP.

I went through the OP and added a bunch of stuff, including all the new NPCs, what they do, and how to get them. Also added a lot of the awesome houses that have been posted.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

The Moon Monster posted:

If I'm counting right that means to get the Party Girl before hardmode you have to get *all* of the pre-hardmode NPCs, as I believe there are 15 of them including the Party Girl.

Guide, Merchant, Nurse, Demolitionist, Painter, Stylist, Dye Trader, Arms Dealer, Angler, Dryad, Clothier, Tinkerer, Mechanic... am I forgetting anyone there?

Fakeedit after wiki check: Forgot the Witch Doctor.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
You forgot the tax dude.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

Malachite_Dragon posted:

You forgot the tax dude.

Tax dude's hardmode, although if you bring purification powder when you're fighting the wall of flesh you can get him literally 10 seconds afterwards.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Eric the Mauve posted:

If I'm counting right that means to get the Party Girl before hardmode you have to get *all* of the pre-hardmode NPCs, as I believe there are 15 of them including the Party Girl.

Guide, Merchant, Nurse, Demolitionist, Painter, Stylist, Dye Trader, Arms Dealer, Angler, Dryad, Clothier, Tinkerer, Mechanic... am I forgetting anyone there?

Fakeedit after wiki check: Forgot the Witch Doctor.

I guess it's kind of cheating, but if you bring summoning items into a non-hardmode world, you can also get the Steampunker and the Pirate before killing the WoF

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I wish there was some way to mark items to not be picked up. Stop clogging up my inventory.

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Has anyone discovered what spawn conditions need to occur for the dark Lamia to appear? The wiki shows two Lamia mobs each dropping a mask, but the blond ones are the only ones I've ever seen.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

graynull posted:

Has anyone discovered what spawn conditions need to occur for the dark Lamia to appear? The wiki shows two Lamia mobs each dropping a mask, but the blond ones are the only ones I've ever seen.
I've only ever seen the dark one, but my desert that I go underground in is being taken over by darkness and is where Dark Mummies spawn, so it's probably light desert vs dark desert.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Has anyone else had a problem where the cultist doesn't drop a loot bag after the first kill?

EDIT: also what's the deal with the pillar events? Is it supposed to take this long? I've gotten banners for 300+ kills before the shields went down.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Jul 11, 2015

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

DoubleNegative posted:

I went through the OP and added a bunch of stuff, including all the new NPCs, what they do, and how to get them. Also added a lot of the awesome houses that have been posted.

The stuff about Key Molds is still in the OP but is obsolete in this version. The keys just drop directly now.

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012
Just curious - does anyone have any mods they like which still work with 1.3?

I've already seen the plugin variable editor which looks nice, but it seems the hot topic on the official Terraria forums is how tAPI (the lynchpin of a lot of these things) will not be updated for 1.3 and the modding scene is officially "kill", to steal a phrase.

I'm sure I could be happy with regular 1.3, but after 1.2+...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Hubris
Mar 8, 2011

Supremezero posted:

Unfortunately, no. Very sad, I know.

Know what the next patch needs? Mirrorshades.