Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Improbable Lobster posted:

Because admittjng that not all games fit into a neat definition would be letting the SJWs win

The easiest way to win is to not play is to argue semantics and split the hair down to microscopic sizes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder if they're still planning on playing Shenmue 2? Cause I'm excited for that. (Please do it McMuscles-sama!)

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Beef Chief posted:

Oh and he looks like aged oatmeal now

I... I did not believe you...
Why didn't I believe you?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

gently caress you if you don't listen to this at least once a day

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

Beef Chief posted:

It's called Bayonetta, unless you're being a smartass in which case farrrrrrrrrrrrrttttttttttttttttttt.

Tae posted:

Are you seriously besmirching Bayonetta 2

oh wow no I'm just being an idiot
I was only considering purely in-house stuff at the time
on the other hand, it's the first time I've thought of Geist in... well, EVER

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
I love that Pat can hit parries in Revengence almost every time, but doesn't know about buttons or how pulleys work.

Edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b11CwG4Sw2w

DPM fucked around with this message at 02:49 on Jul 11, 2015

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Yatagarsu looks nice but uh, how come all the characters look about the same? Like there's obvious standouts but there were a few matches I had to look at the portraits to tell who was who because attacks and sprites looked super similar outside of hair color.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Yatagarsu looks nice but uh, how come all the characters look about the same? Like there's obvious standouts but there were a few matches I had to look at the portraits to tell who was who because attacks and sprites looked super similar outside of hair color.

Shits expensive yo.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

DumbparameciuM posted:

I love that Pat can hit parries in Revengence almost every time, but doesn't know about buttons or how pulleys work.

Edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b11CwG4Sw2w

shouldnt this be a scrublords?

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

shouldnt this be a scrublords?

Scrublords are for bad games, Yatagarasu is far from a bad game.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
If Devil's Third is released by another publisher, that means it won't be subject to Nintendo's youtube bullshit, right? Win/win for the channel, I guess.

The Kins posted:

Seems like a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy at this point. I don't think we've seen pixel one of the actual game (was ANY media released after that live-action E3 trailer?) and everything I've heard about it has been negative.

They put out a Japanese video quite recently with new footage. The game is Amazon-exclusive in Japan, they're totally sending it out to die.

EU review codes are out now and the single-player embargo will lift shortly. It kinda reminds me of Evil Within in the way it constantly vacillates between "hey this might be okay" and "oh jesus this sucks", but there's also a thick coating of weird trashy diet Metal Gear story on top, plus all the UE3 jank you thought had been stamped out years ago. The multiplayer seems crazy ambitious (there's a whole faction system with a base editor and a diplomacy system and all sorts of poo poo) and I'm kinda sad it'll never, ever be played by anyone.

Beef Chief posted:

He is also a crazy man who believes that the Tekken series is a great series of garbage games because he claims in Japan there was an ad that Namco put out which attempted to besmirch DOA.

That wasn't serious, Itagaki is friendly with Harada and has been since before they both worked on fighting games, he just likes talking poo poo.

Beef Chief posted:

Devil's Third looks like rear end and the fact that known crazy person Itagaki is a big part of the game means I do not blame Nintendo for not associating themselves with it. Nintendo already has a good M-Rated game under their name that's not the worst kind of edgy.

Nintendo picked up this game solely based on Itagaki's reputation and they encouraged him to add all the self-indulgent cheesy garbage like Angry Bald Tattoo Man. They clearly regret it but it's not as if they didn't know what they were doing.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Ah, fair enough then.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

Scrublords are for bad games, Yatagarasu is far from a bad game.

it looks real bad though?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yatagarasu is not that great.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Beef Chief posted:

Yatagarasu is not that great.

It's not that bad either, although holy poo poo that's a bad UI. The original game looked nicer.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah, that UI is gross.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yatagarasu's ui looks like poo poo but the game itself looks fine

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I only skimmed the Yatagarasu video, but did they go the whole hour without trying the escape key to back out to the main menu?

E4C85D38
Feb 7, 2010

Doesn't that thing only
hold six rounds...?

Oh man, watching the guys play the Astro Boy boss that takes up almost the entire screen and does contact damage without dashing (aka "free invincibility frames") was kinda painful. Okay, really painful. I have all sorts of faith that they'll find out eventually, because I'm pretty sure the game is more or less unbeatable without using that technique, but I'm kind of surprised they managed to beat that boss at all.

Then again, ten-year-old me might be misremembering things.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
No, you're right, it's baffling how bad Woolie is at Astro Boy. The game does get hard but not for a while.

e: Matt's reactions to everything in Her Story are great

Blockhouse fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Jul 12, 2015

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Liam's favorite game of the year is getting a sequel

That's right, Criminal Girls 2 is coming out this November

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me
Next episode of Ride to Hell should be the last if I remember all this right, or else the finale is just the final Ceaser chase followed by Pat screaming incoherently for 40 minutes.

It's been fun. For us mostly, them not so much.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Matt is getting depressingly good at Ride to Hell.

And skill is finite! He's going to go from getting headshots in Ride to Hell, then discover he can't play Third Strike anymore.

Oh drat even dropping some French in the newest RtH part.

Oh my god, I am in tears laughing at "I like the image of licking a lightbulb, cuz that sounds like something you get a disease from."

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Jul 12, 2015

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I can't believe this LP is going almost as long as Beyond: Two Souls. Say what poo poo you will about that game, at least a lot of stuff happened. I can't believe what they did took 7 hours to do.

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

Matt is getting depressingly good at Ride to Hell.

notice that the dudes heads are always at the same level, and nobody ever ducks* or tries to evade?

*except for when they're magnetised into cover, ofc.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Iwata passed away.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Next episode of Ride to Hell should be the last if I remember all this right, or else the finale is just the final Ceaser chase followed by Pat screaming incoherently for 40 minutes.

It's been fun. For us mostly, them not so much.

Isn't there DLC

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME

Tae posted:

Iwata passed away.

WHAT THE ACTUAL gently caress

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Tae posted:

Iwata passed away.

rip

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Tae posted:

Iwata passed away.

Complications from surgery apparently? gently caress, this sucks. The day was going so well with a new Buttlord GT series starting, and then this happened. What a loving bummer

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

DumbparameciuM posted:

WHAT THE ACTUAL gently caress

Apparently it had to do with a type of cancer in the bile ducts

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
of all the news that happened in time for the next podcast.... not this....

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Matt please have Woolie play Smiles and Tears on the next SBFC, since Iwata saved Earthbound back in the day

Either the original or the Bound Together version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cvAWMYydRA

Alex Navarro from GB put it well, that we just lost our first "giant". Gunpei Yokoi was a big loss, but Iwata was the face of the company for so many years alongside Reggie and Shiggy.

RIP you beautiful bastard.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?

:smith:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
:(

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
Direct to Heaven!

. . .

:smith: Aw man, 55 years old? That's rough. Now I wanna call my dad and see if he's doing all right.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Ah you fucker I had been sad but hadn't teared up until I saw that :smith:

edit: it's apparently photoshopped, but still.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jul 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
It's photoshopped? Aww poo poo. Sorry, guys.

Still, I'm gonna miss him. Balloon Fight is my favorite Nintendo game, and for the hundreds of hours of joy it's brought me, I will forever thank Iwata.