Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

kayakyakr posted:

That's the type these days, isn't it?

If he had a big bristly beard he would be the ideal man right now. His inhuman power would be knowing where to get the best craft beers and coolest bands first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

hope and vaseline posted:

I guess if you're into generically lean and muscular twinks...

To be fair, it's the most popular type. There's a reason they're generic.

He's pretty hot. But then, so is Mack. Them two are this show's eye candy for me.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I thought dad-bod was supposed to be in nowadays.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

sticklefifer posted:

Propaganda spread by owners of dadbods.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

sticklefifer posted:

I thought that was Coulson?

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

sticklefifer posted:

Mark Ruffalo, the only Marvel leading man not contractually obligated to shave his chest.

Mack is very pretty eye candy too though :3

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009
I made an agreement with my oldest son to watch The Flash, and in exchange, he was to give Agents of Shield a second chance. I told him that Season 2 was a huge improvement to season one, so he wanted to skip over the first season. Are there particular episodes from Season 1 that he should watch that would keep him from too much confusion? If anyone has an idea, I'll share the suggestions with him.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Svanja posted:

I made an agreement with my oldest son to watch The Flash, and in exchange, he was to give Agents of Shield a second chance. I told him that Season 2 was a huge improvement to season one, so he wanted to skip over the first season. Are there particular episodes from Season 1 that he should watch that would keep him from too much confusion? If anyone has an idea, I'll share the suggestions with him.

Watch from when Garrett first shows up.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Svanja posted:

Turn turn turn and keep on going

Svanja
Sep 19, 2009

swickles posted:

Watch from when Garrett first shows up.

bobkatt013 posted:

Turn turn turn and keep on going

I was thinking maybe as far back as the "T.R.A.C.K.S" episode that reveals Peterson (deathlock) in the hyperbolic chamber. That way he sees the first signs of Deathlok and will see the episodes with the TAHITI setup. Unless I should just tell him that Peterson becomes Deathlok (he will remember him from the first episodes) and the weird thing that was done to Coulson.

I do agree that seeing Garret show up is important, too. These are really good suggestions, thanks!

edit: I just finished episode 1 of The Flash. Its actually pretty good!

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
My roommate skipped season 1 with the following questions:

"Who's that?" That's the MCU Deathlok. He's just some guy.

"Why's Coulson still alive?" Kree blood or some poo poo?

"Did I really miss anything?" Bill Pullman, but he was Hydra, so he's dead.

"Why does that guy hate them?" Ward? Oh. He's a crazy ex-team member. Stay tuned.

Then it was on to Agent Carter and he was right back in the game.

Serf
May 5, 2011

Inkspot posted:

"Did I really miss anything?" Bill Pullman, but he was Hydra, so he's dead.

Bill Paxton, but it's easy to get them confused, they're both awesome.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
gently caress! I even had it right in my head.

edit: I mean, ... :thejoke:

Inkspot fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jul 10, 2015

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Imagine a HYDRA team of Paxton, Pullman, and Dalton. :allears:

Riven
Apr 22, 2002
Timothy? Because yes.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Riven posted:

Timothy? Because yes.

No, Brett Dalton.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Tim Dalton would be OK too.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Serf posted:

Bill Paxton, but it's easy to get them confused, they're both awesome.
Whatever happened to Bill Pullman, he seemed to disappear after the 90s

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

achillesforever6 posted:

I believe he is in ID4.2

Riven
Apr 22, 2002

Kheldarn posted:

No, Brett Dalton.

Sure, he could be part of the team too.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So they're going to introduce Lash next season. I've not read Inhumanity so I have no idea how that is.

Heathen
Sep 11, 2001

Svanja posted:

This gets brought up every month or so and most recently in the generic BSS TV thread. The problem with AoS is the first fifteen episodes. Even if you skip a third of them that's still only five episodes. You're not skipping a whole lot and you might as well watch the whole thing. People who've banged the entire first season have said it's not that bad.

Flash is the opposite of AoS. AoS starts slow and has some clunkers but it ends really good. Flash starts really good but has some clunkers at the end. It's still very good.

EDIT: that's clearly supposed to be "binged" in the first paragraph but gently caress if I'm changing it

Heathen fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Jul 11, 2015

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

That said, yeah, you really shouldn't start AoS with Season 2, at worst you should start with Season 1 Episode 16. Preferably after a Winter Soldier watch.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Or you could start with season 2 and then pretend season 1 is a prequel. It answers so many questions!

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!

achillesforever6 posted:

He played a super creepy, really well-done role in Torchwood: Miracle Day. Other than that, no idea.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Bill Pullman and Sam Neill are cut from the same cloth, they made a poo poo load of money doing their job and then hosed off with it to run orchards and pursue their true passions, occasionally returning to acting when they need a new tractor or something.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Clark Gregg posted a video tonight of him and Chloe lip synching to "It takes two".

He must be the most awesome person to hang out with.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Clark Gregg posted a video tonight of him and Chloe lip synching to "It takes two".

Its a trick to cuddle with Aunt May

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007

bobkatt013 posted:

Its a trick to cuddle with Aunt May

DO NOT LET THIS MAN CUDDLE

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Here it is. HIT IT

https://www.facebook.com/clarkgreggofficial/videos/865777216791773/

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Jul 11, 2015

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Where?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

One post above yours. :v:

Oh poo poo, the "More videos by Clark Gregg" button on that Facebook page is a loving pro-click

https://www.facebook.com/clarkgreggofficial/videos/vb.146910928678409/810566772312818/?type=2&theater

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jul 11, 2015

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
I know Hayley Atwell has a constant stream of those dubsmash videos on her Twitter with all sorts of people from Ron Perlman to Emily Van Camp to random people she runs into at cons, it's pretty amusing

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Hayley Atwell is like the most adorable person on earth.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

GLOSS posted:

I know Hayley Atwell has a constant stream of those dubsmash videos on her Twitter with all sorts of people from Ron Perlman to Emily Van Camp to random people she runs into at cons, it's pretty amusing

Yeah, now she and James D'Arcy are competing against Gregg/Bennett.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Yeah, now she and James D'Arcy are competing against Gregg/Bennett.

That is an incredibly difficult choice to make.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
This is pretty great.

https://twitter.com/clarkgregg/status/620082904857612288

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Holy poo poo.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
All of them are pretty good, but yeah that one takes the cake. Also, apparently Haley Atwell's twitter feed is mainly comprised of her doing dubsmashes with random celebrities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

:perfect:

That's seriously so incredible.

• Locked thread