Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Garlic Jr. is the biggest loving jabroni.

Excuse me you can style on people hard with him in Budokai 3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I hope we get to see Pilaf gang wishing for youth on the Dragon Balls.

I hope Pilaf Gang stick around as recurring bumbling villains a la Team Rocket.

Also, I hope Mai and Trunks become and remain good friends. Pilaf Gang is great.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Million Ghosts posted:

I mean in WWE games you can also do just fine with midcard.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Covok posted:

Speaking of Dad-Goku in Super, I really like how he has clearly accepted his son as a scholar, not a fighter. Must have been very hard for him.

Goku has always been carefree so it was probably easy.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I mean in WWE games you can also do just fine with midcard.

If you can't appreciate a tiny blue goblin named Garlic i don't know what to tell you

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Million Ghosts posted:

If you can't appreciate a tiny blue goblin named Garlic i don't know what to tell you

I appreciate most jabronis.

e: I watched the first DB Super, it is quite good. Especially the scene where Buu is pissed at Mr. Satan.

Arsonist Daria fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Jul 11, 2015

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Million Ghosts posted:

No, you can't.

You mean Budokai Tenkaichi 3. Garlic Jr. isn't in Budokai 3.

Also let me add that I'd love a proper Budokai 4 or Budokai Tenkaichi 4 instead of Infinite World and the Raging Blast games, but I guess those will never happen. Oh well, Xenoverse's quite good and I'll enjoy Xenoverse Super when it inevitably happens.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Just re-watched Yo! Son Goku etc and I had never noticed he goes SSGSS at the end :v:

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

Blaze Dragon posted:

No, you can't.

Also let me add that I'd love a proper Budokai 4 or Budokai Tenkaichi 4 instead of Infinite World and the Raging Blast games, but I guess those will never happen. Oh well, Xenoverse's quite good and I'll enjoy Xenoverse Super when it inevitably happens.

I am sorry there is millions of DBZ games and they all have weird subtitles

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Broly being canon would be the sweetest thing ever. They should even have call backs to the big movie fight when Goku got punched in the nuts. Just to make all the nerds pissed.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Blaze Dragon posted:

No, you can't.

Man I would love it if they did an HD Collection for the Budokai Tenkaichi games

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Easy way to differentiate, Budokai 3 is good, Tenkaichi 3 is not

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Raserys posted:

Budokai 3 is good

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Tenkaichi is better than Budokai.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Rodyle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEZgJyTzqPg

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Rodyle posted:

Depends what you want out of a DBZ game. If you want one that just has all the characters in the series, Tenkaichi is better. If you want one that is kind of legit even without the franchise, Budokai is better.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Tenkaichi is a way, way better game and people mod Beerus and all sorts of crazy poo poo into it nowadays.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Million Ghosts posted:

Why does no one appreciate the most badass villain?

Garlic Jr is my boy

IT'S THE BOTTOM OF THE NINTH

AND YOU'RE OUTTA THERE :getin:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Raserys posted:

while it's true that Budokai 3 is a better fighting game, I'd say Tenkaichi 3 is more fun(admittedly I'm awful at standard fighting games due to having awful timing and reaction speeds needed to combo properly) and in my opinion reflects the franchise more accurately

Aurain posted:

Tenkaichi is a way, way better game and people mod Beerus and all sorts of crazy poo poo into it nowadays.

say what, link me now please :aaaaa: :ssj: :supaburn:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Most people collect them into .iso's which isn't any good for sharing because that's illegal, though I don't have the source for a good one anyway. I've just generally seen them being shared on /v/ and such when they have tournament threads.

Google should be able to help you find the facebook pages for mods individually.

You can come up with video results like this easy too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc_iNGp3pQE

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Aurain posted:

Most people collect them into .iso's which isn't any good for sharing because that's illegal, though I don't have the source for a good one anyway. I've just generally seen them being shared on /v/ and such when they have tournament threads.

Google should be able to help you find the facebook pages for mods individually.

The framerate is amazing. I hope that's more a problem with the guy's individual copy and not the modding scene in general.

Also, lack of organization is really annoying with mods for DBZ games. I wish Xenoverse had a nexus or, hell, steam workshop. Sure, all the other nexus are embarrassing, but they at least encourage people to put everything in one place.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
It's okay, but I dislike the combat, and out of the twelve billion characters, the majority feel exactly the same. I really love Full Power Energy Blast :geno:

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!
Hold onto your asses, rear end-holders, because DBM has some competition now.

Covok
May 27, 2013

The dialouge looks like it will be stiff in the newest DBM special chapter.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Fuego Fish posted:

Hold onto your asses, rear end-holders, because DBM has some competition now.

Buttlord rides again.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Covok posted:

The framerate is amazing. I hope that's more a problem with the guy's individual copy and not the modding scene in general.

Also, lack of organization is really annoying with mods for DBZ games. I wish Xenoverse had a nexus or, hell, steam workshop. Sure, all the other nexus are embarrassing, but they at least encourage people to put everything in one place.

That's an issue with the guy's computer or it's on his chipped ps2.
You can emulate modded BT3 at 1080/60 and higher pretty easily and there are texture mods, somethings that improve the lighting and I think ones that make it play the Japanese soundtrack from the show.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

They're finally doing something with Universe 13 in Multiverse. About loving time.

I like the design of Buttlord King Cold.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Jul 11, 2015

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I guess it's only appropriate that we get a new buttlord comic with dragon ball super

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Aurain posted:

that framerate is appalling, also this led me to find out about ZEQ2 which looks rather neat even if it's basically just a prettier version of the old Path to Power Quake 3 mod

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

What was it that caused goku to be different? Was it that he didn't hit his head? Or hasn't it been explained yet?

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Dexo posted:

Goku: Hey Chichi I got you a bunch of money, can I abandon the family and go train on King Kai's planet.

When you bring home 100 million zeni, you can go wherever the gently caress you wanna go, not even Chichi the primo bitch can argue with that

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Kild posted:

What was it that caused goku to be different? Was it that he didn't hit his head? Or hasn't it been explained yet?

It hasn't been explained yet but it's probably the lack of a head injury. Or maybe no Grandpa Gohan at all.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Chichi seems completely fine with Goku going away tbh

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

In It For The Tank posted:

It hasn't been explained yet but it's probably the lack of a head injury. Or maybe no Grandpa Gohan at all.

Maybe a full moon occurred and killed Gohan earlier.

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Zzulu posted:

Chichi seems completely fine with Goku going away tbh

She's used to it, and he can teleport back whenever.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

and he can teleport back whenever.

Just like when he was training uub for a year. Oh wait :v:

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Raserys posted:

Sure, man.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Ak Gara posted:

Just like when he was training uub for a year. Oh wait :v:

?

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Kild posted:

Maybe a full moon occurred and killed Gohan earlier.

I like how Goku didn't figure out he stomped all over his grandpa till midway through the Vegeta fight. What a hilariously inappropriate time to have a mental breakdown!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Parrotine posted:

I like how Goku didn't figure out he stomped all over his grandpa till midway through the Vegeta fight. What a hilariously inappropriate time to have a mental breakdown!

Or in the lovely dub he says Vegeta did it. From Goku's scientist's dads research into false moons.

• Locked thread