Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

This game is surprisingly fun. I'm worried it will turn into garbage later. I'm only around 700 prestige but the paladin is fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dry Hump
Sep 14, 2013
I'm in as Dry Hump. Throw me an invite when you've got room!

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
How do rankings on missions work? Time based? Damage taken?

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*

Kaddish posted:

How do rankings on missions work? Time based? Damage taken?

The blue side quests are what accounts for the ranking in my experience. You got a B for just finishing the map, 66% if you just do half of one, 75% if you do half of each or just one, 87% if you complete one/only finish half of the other, and 100% if you do both.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Dosvidanya posted:

The blue side quests are what accounts for the ranking in my experience. You got a B for just finishing the map, 66% if you just do half of one, 75% if you do half of each or just one, 87% if you complete one/only finish half of the other, and 100% if you do both.

I could swear I've gotten a low-ish ranking and have done all side quests found but maybe not.

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?
Was in the queue for 20mins then something went horribly wrong.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

All right here is your update on the status of the guild.

Right now we got the player cap to 42. It started at 12 players.

We are full to the cap currently with every time the very second we finish a building that increases the cap I do a wave of invites to anyone who PMed me and accepts until the slots are full and we repeat.

The system in place for those who don't know is as follows.
- Guilds have a Construction Tab.
- In this tab are buildings that you can construct that do many diffirent things (ie increase player guild cap, buff guild player stats, open guild store ect.)
- To construct a building you must first pay guild bucks (Which is donated to the guild by the guild players using the in game currency) and then complete a round of votes with all commanders in the guild to approve the building.
- Then the construction can begin. Players that are Prestige (Lower Left number of your UI) 2050+ that have access to their Order system can dispatch their followers on a special mission that contributes 10 (15 if you are premium) construction points to the building project. This mission goes on cooldown for 8 hours for the player and cannot be refreshed on the page with the credits refresh option.
- The starting upgrades for player cap started around 40 construction points. They are now ballparking 420 construction points. This should not be an issue as we are now at 42 players so theoretically if 90ish% (We are all premium if we are in this early access so that's 15 each) all completed (Successfully) the mission right when we start construction then the building would poof into existance, player cap increased, start next building, poof another and wammo on to gravy town everyone gets in the bus.
- The reason why the above is not happening is because ... goons.
- We have players that are offline, players that are not P2050+, players that don't have the supplies needed to run the mission, players that don't know about the mission because they are deaf and blind for when we keep explaining it and finally my favorite players that do the mission and fail it.

So there you have it folks. We are slowly increasing the player cap of the guild and I literally have no way to make this go faster other than cussing out motherfuckers on mumble and trying to inform everyone.

loving do you Construction Missions and don't loving fail them if you are in the guild. If you are not, sit tight and Ill get to you eventually or bribe me and Ill kick HyC and Grithok out again to let you fill their slot as they are worthless.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Guess I'll post my name for when more slots open: Rin Nakai

Remb
Feb 2, 2014

Still can't decide if I enjoy this game

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

I agree, it's in a weird almost good place, kind of like Warframe. I assume it gets better once other classes become affordable.

ChickenWyngz
Apr 3, 2015

Got them WMD's! Got that Pandemic!
I'm getting -180ms to US servers. Dont know its playable, just doing the starter quest.

I'd be willing to grab another cheap founders and help start a goon guild on EU if we have enough EU goons, if ping/playtimes is going to be an issue

EDIT: Apparently I dont need 2 seperate accounts for regions, and my eu dude also started with the same amount of premium currency

ChickenWyngz fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Jul 11, 2015

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Bombogenesis posted:

Finally broke 2k prestige and things are starting to cost lots of sparks as I get close to archer. 325 creation for 40 stamina. Other than hitting up the multiplier instances are there any other reliable ways to pull in lots of sparks?

Nope, welcome to the grind. I'll just remind people of what I said about this game earlier ;). It's a Korean Grindathon made by Russians with Boob Physx cranked to 11 9.5. If you don't like killing/doing the same thing over and over and over again you will last about 3 days in this game.

Prawned
Oct 25, 2010

Stanley Pain posted:

Nope, welcome to the grind. I'll just remind people of what I said about this game earlier ;). It's a Korean Grindathon made by Russians with Boob Physx cranked to 11 9.5. If you don't like killing/doing the same thing over and over and over again you will last about 3 days in this game.

All MMOs are korean grindfests, some are just better at making the grind fun.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Stanley Pain posted:

While the caps increase slightly every week, they don't keep up the pace. The higher prestige you are, the easier it is to hit the cap (and earn just about anything else). People have managed to hit the spark cap in 10 hours of play time. In a month, that will be 5 hours. But yeah, this game is definitely a Warframe-style grind. You're not grinding to get to the end game, so if you find it fun, play on.

Anyway, I figured out how to unlock Slayer, and probably Kinetic, Warlock and Archer in the first week. Gonna post a short guide soon.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
I wonder if I'm playing this right as far as progress goes.

Should I try to rush over to a new class ASAP or unlock the cheapest nodes continually?

Also... Paladin is what I've mostly been playing, but I've had issues with one of the fights in Saiben Archipelago:
The first boss is fine, unless you run him into a tree where the converging exploding attack is invisible but hits you.
The second boss is where I tend to run into trouble - I end up getting in an animation lock right as that fucker shoots the tracking beam or more often, the little shits he summons kick my rear end. Those things hurt a lot, especially when you're trying to stay away from the tracking beam.
The last boss is just annoying.

e: maybe it's just me, but it looks like there are some connection issues right now.

Evil_Greven fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jul 11, 2015

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Liberatore posted:

Anyway, I figured out how to unlock Slayer, and probably Kinetic, Warlock and Archer in the first week.

• Take the shortest route to your class of choice, obviously. You will probably need 3200 prestige for the reliquary reward.
  • Take a look at the 3-6 nodes preceding this class. Pick one type to keep at close to 0 as possible. Preferably the more costly one, as long as the total cost doesn't exceed 1,000 or so.
  • Now get enough of the other two sparks to unlock the remaining nodes. Don't hit the cap, but try to reach as close as possible. I did it with 3 sparks left on the cap. Should be easy with world quests.
  • Run the 3x Mare Sacro Monastery 5-man whenever the reward is the spark type you left at 0.

The trick here is that when you exceed your cap, any sparks earned at that moment will still be given to you. Doing this I managed to get over 1k sparks beyond the cap. This would have let me unlock Slayer and still have left me with 900+ sparks had I not done something incredibly stupid on the way to figuring this out, and I didn't even take the shortest path to Stalker.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Jul 11, 2015

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Evil_Greven posted:

Should I try to rush over to a new class ASAP or unlock the cheapest nodes continually?

Up to you. Do you want to keep playing Paladin or unlock something else? You don't lose much prestige from rushing a class. You may lose out on having optimal stats for your build and some symbols along the way, but it's not a big deal.

Evil_Greven posted:

Also... Paladin is what I've mostly been playing, but I've had issues with one of the fights in Saiben Archipelago:
The first boss is fine, unless you run him into a tree where the converging exploding attack is invisible but hits you.
The second boss is where I tend to run into trouble - I end up getting in an animation lock right as that fucker shoots the tracking beam or more often, the little shits he summons kick my rear end. Those things hurt a lot, especially when you're trying to stay away from the tracking beam.
The last boss is just annoying.

Honestly, I always thought the second boss was easy as gently caress, as a paladin. The beam is heavily telegraphed, and all you have to do is walk away. The summons you can deal with by using either Waves of Anger or Celestial Shield + Divine Scourge; either way, they die instantly. Eventually you face bosses that have harder variations of these mechanics and if you're not quick enough, they go off simultaneously.

The last boss was one of the worst for me, but I was stupid and didn't realize you can track the boss when he creates the images. Once I figured that out, he became just as easy as the others.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jul 11, 2015

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Drinkfist posted:

- We have players that are offline, players that are not P2050+, players that don't have the supplies needed to run the mission, players that don't know about the mission because they are deaf and blind for when we keep explaining it and finally my favorite players that do the mission and fail it.

So there you have it folks. We are slowly increasing the player cap of the guild and I literally have no way to make this go faster other than cussing out motherfuckers on mumble and trying to inform everyone.

loving do you Construction Missions and don't loving fail them if you are in the guild. If you are not, sit tight and Ill get to you eventually or bribe me and Ill kick HyC and Grithok out again to let you fill their slot as they are worthless.

So is the pressure to put in a lot of hours into this game going to decrease once you guys get established more because quite frankly I am interested in playing and I would like to join the guild but my life just does not provide a lot of disposable time to poopsock an MMO anymore. You will see me offline a lot and I definitely will not hit P#### very quickly for that reason. I am perfectly fine with waiting a few weeks or whatever before applying if that helps make sure that the guild's capacity can expand faster.

This system is stupid. Also, I'm gay.

Xavier434 fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jul 11, 2015

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.
I'm digging how the talents seem to modify how an ability works in cool ways instead of being generic %10 damage.

I did see one that said "increase by 115%" though I'm assuming that's poorly worded and is actually 15% not doubling and some change?

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez
I'm not sure what later game Pantheon stuff is like, but there isn't a huge benefit right now from being in other than a sense of accomplishment for helping build it out. Being in the mumble channel is a better way to play along if you don't have tons of time to dedicate at the moment I'd think.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years

blueberrysmith posted:

I'm not sure what later game Pantheon stuff is like, but there isn't a huge benefit right now from being in other than a sense of accomplishment for helping build it out. Being in the mumble channel is a better way to play along if you don't have tons of time to dedicate at the moment I'd think.

and the Pantheon chat channel goes out all the time

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

Double Monocle posted:

I'm digging how the talents seem to modify how an ability works in cool ways instead of being generic %10 damage.

I did see one that said "increase by 115%" though I'm assuming that's poorly worded and is actually 15% not doubling and some change?

If you mean the seal of light by 115% above 80% for paladin, that feels accurate as the first 2-3 bars of a boss go insanely fast spamming that. There is a talent in there as well that's just a 12% boost at the beginning of the fight so I assume the numbers are intended. Coupled with a lucky seal of light proc, I sometimes see 3k lightning bolts at around 5.2k prestige.

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.
^ Cool, good to hear it. There is another talent that is "115% normal attack damage and speed boost per hit" which may be pretty good, especially coupled with the "your 4x left click final hit does 400% damage >40% hp"

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I have the normal attack one but not the execute. Big thing to realize is that it makes your 30 damage basics do like 60. No idea how much damage that adds up to over the course of a boss fight but it feels rather pitiful (and paladin dps already feels low compared to dps classes). I honestly prefer it for the speed boost haha.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

Yeah, I have it as well and agree. The Paladin basics are really bad and only there to combo into finishers. The constant 30% speed boost is awesome against a number of bosses, though.

Edit: Also, the other talent mentioned seems pretty good but if you're going straight for the ascension atlas and another class, it means skipping the threat generation talent which is highly important for any paladin, because even if you don't want to tank, when you queue for 5-mans you're going to be the only tank there.

Liberatore fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jul 11, 2015

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Liberatore posted:

Yeah, I have it as well and agree. The Paladin basics are really bad and only there to combo into finishers. The constant 30% speed boost is awesome against a number of bosses, though.

Edit: Also, the other talent mentioned seems pretty good but if you're going straight for the ascension atlas and another class, it means skipping the threat generation talent which is highly important for any paladin, because even if you don't want to tank, when you queue for 5-mans you're going to be the only tank there.

you're going to get a lot of sparks of justice if you're playing as a paladin to unlock other stuff, you'll easily get way way way past that node with those before you unlock another class. Sitting on sparks of justice is also shooting yourself in the foot in your progression because it increases your prestige and higher prestige = more content unlocked. Anything you can do to get your prestige up will be better than basically anything else, including lower prestige armor with "perfect stats" or whatever the gently caress.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

Gotta get that talent anyway for the paladin symbol iirc. I'll be able to max out paladin next week (since i'm about 60% done with the major bubbles) and I'm going to buy the CE for the knight unlock. There's not much more I can do until weds now besides order stuff but I'm locked at 1600 greatness since I beelined for Archer as that's the only other class I'm interested in that I can't just straight up buy.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm starting to get the feeling that the best way for me to stick with the game is to unlock as many classes as possible.
Swapping around the first three is keeping me sane because I can almost never get a group going.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

More slots opened up. PM Hahy Cee or jump on mumble.

/edit we still have slots left but im heading out for lunch, there are others who can invite on mumble

Hy_C fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jul 11, 2015

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

Dosvidanya posted:

I sometimes see 3k lightning bolts at around 5.2k prestige.

No wonder I'm taking off multiple bars per big hitter with my berserker on hard+ missions.

Is berserker just not balanced right?

I'm really not looking forward to next week unlocking slayer and have him hitting like a wet noodle because of no talents/abilities.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Letting people use finishers in PvP seems like the worst idea. I'm winning matches just by running around and mashing E to snipe kills.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
How the gently caress do you turn off screen shake?

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Phoix posted:

Letting people use finishers in PvP seems like the worst idea. I'm winning matches just by running around and mashing E to snipe kills.

Yeah, I thought that was kinda odd. FFA is also a clusterfuck.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

Bashez posted:

No wonder I'm taking off multiple bars per big hitter with my berserker on hard+ missions.

Is berserker just not balanced right?

I'm really not looking forward to next week unlocking slayer and have him hitting like a wet noodle because of no talents/abilities.

Berserkers are far and away the best boss killers solo supposedly. I've only been playing since the stress test so I have no way to confirm outside of what I've read of other people's experiences though :)

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
good grief i feel like i need a master's degree to figure out all the crap this game throws at me

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Doctor Schnabel posted:

good grief i feel like i need a master's degree to figure out all the crap this game throws at me

but you're a doctor :eyepop:

also, zerker is a fun class

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
Trying to do Lanber Catacombs and I feel like I've hit a wall with paladin, it's just taking forever and sometimes the endboss just says "gently caress you" and summons a bunch of bugs to eat my face. Might be time to switch to another class, being survivable as hell is fun but poo poo taking forever to die is not.

lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist

Dosvidanya posted:

Berserkers are far and away the best boss killers solo supposedly. I've only been playing since the stress test so I have no way to confirm outside of what I've read of other people's experiences though :)

That's my experience, but mostly because of the 140% damage reflect/50% damage mitigation channeled ability that additionally restores all your mana, accompanied by the "Restores 70% of all damage taken" buff that lasts just as long. Most of my strategies revolve around intentionally sitting in the fire/laser/acid/boss mechanic.

Sintor
Jul 23, 2007
Anyone know what the clear crystal is that is required for the "Bonus: Strength/Luck/Etc" nodes? It's blocking the not-ridiculously-long path to Monk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombogenesis
Mar 27, 2010

Mekkatorque 2016
Dinosaur Gum
If it's the ether slots then I think they can just be unlocked by being next to them. I've opened up two and haven't noticed it actually use anything, though putting things into them for bonuses does cost an item plus argents.

• Locked thread