Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

FawksyRawksy posted:

The way Right to Bears arms is implemented is in a way that it overwrites a lot of leveled lists so using it in a heavily modded setup will usually throw balance out the window even with a bashed/merged patch. Like finding an anti-material rifle at level 4 amounts of imbalance, along with the naked leather armor glitch that puce never fixed.

I'd replace it with http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/47880/ which covers all the dlc as well as GRA and not just throwing a bunch of GRA weapons at every enemy in the game.

Yeah, the main thing I was getting back when I used it was that instead of freeside thugs drawing an inventory from their list of possible items, they'd all have every item it was possible for them to spawn with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

if there was a version of TRTBA that just placed the GRA uniques in the world without doing any of that other stuff that'd be amazing but unfortunately no dice

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Smol posted:

What kind of incompatibilities do you mean? I only use PN Core so none of the extra items or the cyberware and I haven't noticed any weird interactions between the two mods.
The PN Rebalance module conflicts with JSawyer. Both edit values for hitpoints, carryweight, etc. Loading JSawyer after the PN Rebalance plugin won't help since PN updates the gamesettings via a script. So if you open up PN's MCM at any point, it will override JSawyer

Agents are GO! posted:

Has anybody posted their "Project Nevada/Jsawyer" handmade compatibility patches here? I know some folks were talking about what they had to do to get them to work seamlessly, and it'd be nice if somebody were to just throw that up on a dropbox or google drive.
If you want to use the PN Rebalance module with JSawyer's tweaks, you can try these settings in PN Rebalance's MCM:

Hitpoints endurance multiplier: 10
Hitpoints level multiplier: 5
Carryweight base: 50
Carryweight strenght multiplier: 25

Max level: 35
JSawyer tweaks the XP gain via a gamesetting, while PN Rebalance does so via a hidden perk. Set PN Rebalance's XP gain profile to that of the vanilla game and JSawyer's tweak will work fine.

Hunger increase: 230 (actually 230.4 but that slider in PN's MCM wasn't setup to allow decimals)
Hunger rate: 12.5
Thirst increase: 576
Thirst rate: 5
Sleep increase: 160
Sleep rate: 18
Survival based rates disabled.
Food healing enabled. (I think JSawyer was balanced around food being able to heal you, since stimpacks were made to be more scarce)

Food lootlist 25: 5
Food lootlist 50: 10
Food lootlist 75: 20
Food lootlist 100: 100

If you want to make JSawyer & PN Rebalance completely compatible you will need to do some minor FNVEdit work since both touch several ingestible entries and PN Rebalance edits more food leveled lists. It's not necesary if you don't feel like doing that though:
You can let JSawyer override PN Rebalance's ingestible entries. The only real issue will be that some food will have a "Fresh" or "Raw" tag and others don't.
Since PN Rebalance edits more food leveled lists, adding JSawyer's Chance None values to all those lists can result in food becomming a bit more scarce then Ropekid intended. There should still be enough food though and you can always increase the Food lootlist values in PN's MCM.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Raygereio posted:

The PN Rebalance module conflicts with JSawyer. Both edit values for hitpoints, carryweight, etc. Loading JSawyer after the PN Rebalance plugin won't help since PN updates the gamesettings via a script. So if you open up PN's MCM at any point, it will override JSawyer

If you want to use the PN Rebalance module with JSawyer's tweaks, you can try these settings in PN Rebalance's MCM:

Hitpoints endurance multiplier: 10
Hitpoints level multiplier: 5
Carryweight base: 50
Carryweight strenght multiplier: 25

Max level: 35
JSawyer tweaks the XP gain via a gamesetting, while PN Rebalance does so via a hidden perk. Set PN Rebalance's XP gain profile to that of the vanilla game and JSawyer's tweak will work fine.

Hunger increase: 230 (actually 230.4 but that slider in PN's MCM wasn't setup to allow decimals)
Hunger rate: 12.5
Thirst increase: 576
Thirst rate: 5
Sleep increase: 160
Sleep rate: 18
Survival based rates disabled.
Food healing enabled. (I think JSawyer was balanced around food being able to heal you, since stimpacks were made to be more scarce)

Food lootlist 25: 5
Food lootlist 50: 10
Food lootlist 75: 20
Food lootlist 100: 100

If you want to make JSawyer & PN Rebalance completely compatible you will need to do some minor FNVEdit work since both touch several ingestible entries and PN Rebalance edits more food leveled lists. It's not necesary if you don't feel like doing that though:
You can let JSawyer override PN Rebalance's ingestible entries. The only real issue will be that some food will have a "Fresh" or "Raw" tag and others don't.
Since PN Rebalance edits more food leveled lists, adding JSawyer's Chance None values to all those lists can result in food becomming a bit more scarce then Ropekid intended. There should still be enough food though and you can always increase the Food lootlist values in PN's MCM.

A good Post.

I do have a giant conflict resolution patch I'm finishing that basically resolves conflicts with New Vegas Redesigned 3, Fallout Character Overhaul, Jsawyer, Project Nevada, CCO Follower Tweaks/Classic Perks, Interior Lighting Overhaul, The Freeside Open/Strip Open/Outside Bets and Vicious Wastes, among other mods, but it would have to be used with all those mods + a correct load order.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Antistar01 posted:

Yep, that's ACS, mentioned above. It's partially based on Gtab's mod, in fact.

This is perfect, thanks! I installed your ACS along with JIP's new crafting menu mod and now I'm up to my ears in .308 rounds.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

FawksyRawksy posted:

The way Right to Bears arms is implemented is in a way that it overwrites a lot of leveled lists so using it in a heavily modded setup will usually throw balance out the window even with a bashed/merged patch. Like finding an anti-material rifle at level 4 amounts of imbalance, along with the naked leather armor glitch that puce never fixed.

I'd replace it with http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/47880/ which covers all the dlc as well as GRA and not just throwing a bunch of GRA weapons at every enemy in the game.

I disagree, solely because I love the way Puce added the weapons to the world.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Is there an ENB that doesn't run like poo poo? I feel like nearly all of them ruin FPS entirely and if they don't I still get this weird stutter with them. And this is using performance geared varieties of any given popular preset.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things

FawksyRawksy posted:

Thanks for this. I had no idea that it ended up being so imbalanced. And I have no idea how I never noticed the streaking leather armor wearers :shepface:

While I love the flavor of the patch as well, I always try to aim for a nice balanced experience and it sucks that RTBA doesn't give that light I thought it did.

Since I recently removed AWOP too, I think I might go ahead and replace Right to Bear Arms with this and start another new game. I was overleveled from fighting the bullshit AWOP added mobs around Goodsprings, anyway.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Sylink posted:

Is there an ENB that doesn't run like poo poo? I feel like nearly all of them ruin FPS entirely and if they don't I still get this weird stutter with them. And this is using performance geared varieties of any given popular preset.

Without knowing your computer or mod setup nobody can answer this for you

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Does anyone else have a problem with the nexus downloading at 32kb/s?
I'm trying to download a 2GB mod and it'll take a LOOOOONG time, I've been downloading since 11 AM and its 21:25 and it's barely over 1/4th of the way through!

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Siegkrow posted:

Does anyone else have a problem with the nexus downloading at 32kb/s?
I'm trying to download a 2GB mod and it'll take a LOOOOONG time, I've been downloading since 11 AM and its 21:25 and it's barely over 1/4th of the way through!
Buy a premium account today!!!

or choose a different server, overloaded servers run down to that speed if they're within 50% of capacity

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Sylink posted:

I found this preset on the GUNetwork or whatever, its called Clean ENB:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/7he2ltk44xng88g/Clean+ENB.rar

Not bad. I'm using it with Realistic Wasteland Lighting Enhancement and it is pretty good.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Buy a premium account today!!!

or choose a different server, overloaded servers run down to that speed if they're within 50% of capacity

Wait what? Now premium accounts are NECCESARY to download over 32kb/s?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Just so everyone knows, the awesomely crazed TrainWiz has just released his first New Vegas mod.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Siegkrow posted:

No, they're not. Downloads are (apparently - I live in an old building in Australia so I can only dream of speeds like these) capped at "1024 kilobytes a second (1MB/second)" if you don't have a premium account, to quote that page.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Siegkrow posted:

Not particularly. If speeds are slow just switch servers until you get anything closer to 1mb/sec. That sort of thing only happens with heavy load where it throttles everyone not at premium to that speed.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

the only server available for me is CND :smith:

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Alouicious posted:

if there was a version of TRTBA that just placed the GRA uniques in the world without doing any of that other stuff that'd be amazing but unfortunately no dice

The only thing I can think of is to use the console (or FNVEdit) to modify the 3 or 4 TRTBA scripts that add GRA weapons, ammo, recipes, and notes to the leveled lists, and disable all of them (set them to...100? I guess) except for the one that adds the notes to locate unique weapons.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Someone asked for experiences with setting DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB in nvse_config.ini. I had fairly frequent crashing/freezing problems in my latest playthrough (mostly crashing on loading screen, sometimes just freezing while I was running in the wasteland) after I reached level 15 or so, but as soon as I put DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=400 to my nvse_config.ini, I haven't seen a single crash. So far it seems to help, although I'm currently trying to finish Dead Money, which might be inherently less crash-happy.

Mosnar
Apr 21, 2007
Dropping Heavy Things From High Places, LLC

Smol posted:

Someone asked for experiences with setting DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB in nvse_config.ini. I had fairly frequent crashing/freezing problems in my latest playthrough (mostly crashing on loading screen, sometimes just freezing while I was running in the wasteland) after I reached level 15 or so, but as soon as I put DefaultHeapInitialAllocMB=400 to my nvse_config.ini, I haven't seen a single crash. So far it seems to help, although I'm currently trying to finish Dead Money, which might be inherently less crash-happy.

That was me. Yay! I'm helping!

Oddly 250 seems to be a better number for me, and this is a fairly powerful system.

If I knew what I was doing, I could probably explain that.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Hey, I got a question, what If I wat to use both Project nevada and JSawyer?

I mean, I like some Jsawyer changes, while others (Such as the lower level cap and the really really really low weight cap) really bother me.

Can I modify some of the changes made by Jsawyer using Project Nevada?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Siegkrow posted:

I mean, I like some Jsawyer changes, while others (Such as the lower level cap and the really really really low weight cap) really bother me.

As far as I can recall PN's menu's reflect current variables (even those affected by other mods) so yeah anything you can change in the menu you can alter to what you want.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Siegkrow posted:

See my previous post in this thread for PN Rebalance / JSawyer compatibility.
To answer your question: Yes. PN Rebalance updates the relevant gamesettings via a script every time you exit its MCM menu, so it will override the changes JSawyer made to said gamesettings.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Had a quick google about and couldn't find anything but I feel like it must exist somewhere.

Does anybody know of a mod that removes the backpack part of any guns that have them? They clash with my sexy survival backpack :qq:

Old Boot
May 9, 2012

Buglord
There's been some people randomly asking about quest mods and whatnot for FNV, and recently I went on a bender of looking through some of the ones that looked promising. This includes companion related things.

I'll go into the latter bit briefly. I was dogged into downloading Willow because 'all the hate is just goons being goons,' and the person recommending it thought the no-romance path was actually pretty okay.

Noooope. While I "appreciate" the work that the author put into it, I just-- ugh. Questioning friendship status as of now.

Moving on.

I'll join with the crowd consensus that New Vegas Bounties was a lot more fun than I thought it'd be. There's a ton of content to work with, and the voice acting is on par with Bethesda's bullshit, if not better in some cases. Bounties 2, and The Inheritance are also up there, but the latter is kind of-- eh. I didn't like the forced choice you have to make, mostly for story reasons. It felt like it was scripted as an emotional moment, and I just didn't feel like I was connected enough to the character to give a poo poo. Either way, solid mods, really fun, kept my attention.

The one that's likely to be contentious is House of Horrors, since it's not entirely lore friendly, and brings in a shitload of bullet sponges. I'd argue that it's worth cheating a lot of health and a decent weapon onto your character for, since the scripting in it is really well done, and, honestly, spelling errors and all, there's some great set-pieces.

Also worth mentioning that it's the same guy who did The Devil's Wish for FO3, which also had some great setpieces, but it turned into a tedious platformer out of nowhere. HoH doesn't do that nearly as much, though I'm pretty sure everyone will hate the room with the raiders and the chainsaw guy. Like I said, cheat through it if you get irritated. If you like survival horror poo poo, you'll probably enjoy the headtrippy bullshit that's scripted in, whether or not it'd be super-goddamn-annoying for a non-cheaty character. There were a couple moments that honestly made me jump, and a few that had me super-nervous.

The one I'm playing through currently is another FO3 one, a more recent release, which doesn't have any voice acting, which, uh-- I'm not really that put off by. It's mostly his adherence to oldskool RPG 'it has to be ridiculously hard to find poo poo' rules that get loving annoying. Also, the title is misleading. Anyway, Alien Resurrection Part I has some decent writing, some good ideas, and uses the fact that it doesn't use any voice files to involve existing characters, which I rather liked.

I'm only partway through it, truth be told, so I don't know if it starts to suck even more or not. Only thing that's a huge turnoff is a couple of quests where fast travel is banned, honestly - don't do the drug runner quest, it's a giant slog-fest - and you're basically forced to navigate the mangled DC transit system several times over. Nearly made me put it down, but it's interesting enough that I'm sticking with it.

Anyway, just some possible suggestions.

I'd throw out Vault 101 Revisited, as well, but I'm sure someone's mentioned it. As well as the creepy "voice acting." See also: more bullet sponges. Still, some decent ideas in there, and I didn't completely hate playing through it. Just toggle Archive Invalidation on and off after you install.

Any of you play the Rockwell... series-ish-thing? I'm considering installing it.

EDIT: Oh, right. Project Brazil is actually pretty fun, and, apparently, it's been resurrected. The lead dude on it decided that they want it released before FO4, so the next two parts are on the way. A lot of amateur poo poo here and there, definitely, but it's a solid grouping of questlines for people who're looking for something to add to the FNV experience, and the voice acting doesn't suck.

Takes you back to FO3 days, sure, but it's something.

Old Boot fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jul 11, 2015

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.
I'm trying to get TTW to work following the step-project guide, but the version of FOMM explodes whenever I do just about anything. I've found other people who've had the same issue, but no fix for it.

Also, the mods that are in the step-project guide are the ones that are confirmed to work, yeah? Stuff that changes a lot of things that can gently caress with either game? Do mods like the quest mods, radio expanders, or poo poo like the glowsticks or flashlight break it?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Old Boot posted:

There's been some people randomly asking about quest mods and whatnot for FNV, and recently I went on a bender of looking through some of the ones that looked promising. This includes companion related things.

I'll go into the latter bit briefly. I was dogged into downloading Willow because 'all the hate is just goons being goons,' and the person recommending it thought the no-romance path was actually pretty okay.

Noooope. While I "appreciate" the work that the author put into it, I just-- ugh. Questioning friendship status as of now.

Moving on.

I'll join with the crowd consensus that New Vegas Bounties was a lot more fun than I thought it'd be. There's a ton of content to work with, and the voice acting is on par with Bethesda's bullshit, if not better in some cases. Bounties 2, and The Inheritance are also up there, but the latter is kind of-- eh. I didn't like the forced choice you have to make, mostly for story reasons. It felt like it was scripted as an emotional moment, and I just didn't feel like I was connected enough to the character to give a poo poo. Either way, solid mods, really fun, kept my attention.

The one that's likely to be contentious is House of Horrors, since it's not entirely lore friendly, and brings in a shitload of bullet sponges. I'd argue that it's worth cheating a lot of health and a decent weapon onto your character for, since the scripting in it is really well done, and, honestly, spelling errors and all, there's some great set-pieces.

Also worth mentioning that it's the same guy who did The Devil's Wish for FO3, which also had some great setpieces, but it turned into a tedious platformer out of nowhere. HoH doesn't do that nearly as much, though I'm pretty sure everyone will hate the room with the raiders and the chainsaw guy. Like I said, cheat through it if you get irritated. If you like survival horror poo poo, you'll probably enjoy the headtrippy bullshit that's scripted in, whether or not it'd be super-goddamn-annoying for a non-cheaty character. There were a couple moments that honestly made me jump, and a few that had me super-nervous.

The one I'm playing through currently is another FO3 one, a more recent release, which doesn't have any voice acting, which, uh-- I'm not really that put off by. It's mostly his adherence to oldskool RPG 'it has to be ridiculously hard to find poo poo' rules that get loving annoying. Also, the title is misleading. Anyway, Alien Resurrection Part I has some decent writing, some good ideas, and uses the fact that it doesn't use any voice files to involve existing characters, which I rather liked.

I'm only partway through it, truth be told, so I don't know if it starts to suck even more or not. Only thing that's a huge turnoff is a couple of quests where fast travel is banned, honestly - don't do the drug runner quest, it's a giant slog-fest - and you're basically forced to navigate the mangled DC transit system several times over. Nearly made me put it down, but it's interesting enough that I'm sticking with it.

Anyway, just some possible suggestions.

I'd throw out Vault 101 Revisited, as well, but I'm sure someone's mentioned it. As well as the creepy "voice acting." See also: more bullet sponges. Still, some decent ideas in there, and I didn't completely hate playing through it. Just toggle Archive Invalidation on and off after you install.

Any of you play the Rockwell... series-ish-thing? I'm considering installing it.

EDIT: Oh, right. Project Brazil is actually pretty fun, and, apparently, it's been resurrected. The lead dude on it decided that they want it released before FO4, so the next two parts are on the way. A lot of amateur poo poo here and there, definitely, but it's a solid grouping of questlines for people who're looking for something to add to the FNV experience, and the voice acting doesn't suck.

Takes you back to FO3 days, sure, but it's something.

Worth pointing out again that mad genius modder TrainWiz just released his first New Vegas quest mod.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Agents are GO! posted:

Worth pointing out again that mad genius modder TrainWiz just released his first New Vegas quest mod.

What other stuff has he put out? I'm definitely gonna go through the one he just released since it looks pretty interesting, but I'm curious as to what else he's done.

Twincityhacker
Feb 18, 2011

Agents are GO! posted:

Just so everyone knows, the awesomely crazed TrainWiz has just released his first New Vegas mod.

I'm torn between whether or not to recommend this. It turned into a mess at the end, but some of that was my fault. I couldn't find the last keycard, even though I found the railcar and the one in the roundhouse fairly quickly. I ended up loading the mod in FNVEdit, looking up where each of the keycards had been placed. Which was the offices, but I had searched them top to bottom and still couldn't find it. So I just clipped though the door, and until that point I hadn't realized how massively under-leveled I was for the enemies, and things sucked. But I just pushed though, since I'd been looking for the key for over an hour and just wanted it finished.

So, I guess I would recommend this mod, but just clip though the freaking door at the end if you can't find all of the keycards.

Acebuckeye13 posted:

What other stuff has he put out? I'm definitely gonna go through the one he just released since it looks pretty interesting, but I'm curious as to what else he's done.

Skyrim mods, usually involving Dwemer or concepts from Morrowind. And terrifying/wonderful things involving Thomas the Train.

Twincityhacker fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jul 11, 2015

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Twincityhacker posted:

Skyrim mods, usually involving Dwemer or concepts from Morrowind. And terrifying/wonderful things involving Thomas the Train.

He also made Sotha Sil expanded for Morrowind, if I recall correctly, and made an insanely elaborate semi-joke Freelancer mod back in the day.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

This game is really good, have a screen dump

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

So my install got corrupted due to hard drive issues. I still have all my save files but I have no idea what mods I had installed, is there any way to find out from my save files?

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

Luminaflare posted:

So my install got corrupted due to hard drive issues. I still have all my save files but I have no idea what mods I had installed, is there any way to find out from my save files?

Load it up in Wrye Flash NV. It lets you read the load order of save files.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

FOMM does the same thing too.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

Oh, awesome. Thanks for the help.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Made myself another little quality of life mod. I've seen ones like this elsewhere, but I wanted one for TTW, so heres Carry That Weight, which adds an extra effect to all vanilla NV and F3 power armors (not helmets) so that when worn, they add carry weight equal to the weight of the armor. Enjoy!

Doesn't seem to make anything die, but let me know if you have any problems, If you're already wearing a suit you'll need to re-equip it to get the bonus.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Davoren posted:

Made myself another little quality of life mod. I've seen ones like this elsewhere, but I wanted one for TTW, so heres Carry That Weight, which adds an extra effect to all vanilla NV and F3 power armors (not helmets) so that when worn, they add carry weight equal to the weight of the armor. Enjoy!

Doesn't seem to make anything die, but let me know if you have any problems, If you're already wearing a suit you'll need to re-equip it to get the bonus.

This is the main reason I never wear power armor over Reily's Rangers combat armor. I just started a new game, so I'm going to install this. Thank you!

Shroud
May 11, 2009

Jarf posted:

This game is really good, have a screen dump

What mod are you using to change the HUD?

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

Shroud posted:

Looks like DarnUI.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Shroud posted:

Inco posted:

Looks like DarnUI.

Yeah Darn UI.

Does anybody have any advice on managing UI mods btw? Is there a defacto mod?
I will inevitably gently caress my game via UI mods.

Bonus comedy AK-47 option

Jarf fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Jul 13, 2015