Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Is there a way to upgrade your account? I bought the $20 pack but I want the other poo poo now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sintor
Jul 23, 2007

Bombogenesis posted:

If it's the ether slots then I think they can just be unlocked by being next to them. I've opened up two and haven't noticed it actually use anything, though putting things into them for bonuses does cost an item plus argents.

I think I've seen those, they are usually in the center of a sphere. This is like any other "standard" node, except the color of the circle is hot pink and when you click on it the requirement is one clear gem with a silver box in the middle.

This:

Funny thing is, if you right-click and "find a path" to the Monk node, it skips this connection. Seems like the game doesn't think you'll be getting that node anytime soon either.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Inzombiac posted:

Is there a way to upgrade your account? I bought the $20 pack but I want the other poo poo now.

You just go back to the package page when you're logged in and you can buy the other packages in $20 increments.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*
I'm never going to get okki tablets if they're tied to pvp :negative:

(because the queue doesn't pop)

Elwood P Dowd
Jan 4, 2003

Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.
Amanda Huggenkiss reporting if someone can invite. I've been playing a couple of days but not for long, I love my cryomancer... what, they are boring, poo poo.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

lewtt posted:

That's my experience, but mostly because of the 140% damage reflect/50% damage mitigation channeled ability that additionally restores all your mana, accompanied by the "Restores 70% of all damage taken" buff that lasts just as long. Most of my strategies revolve around intentionally sitting in the fire/laser/acid/boss mechanic.

I don't even use those! I just pop the 40% extra damage 25% crit rate 10 second buff and chainsaw and fracture or firestorm and oh look the boss is half dead. I don't have the damage reflect yet, I was wondering if it was good.

Dosvidanya posted:

Is pvp not really running? That would be unfortunate, I liked how most of the pvp looked.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Dosvidanya posted:

I thought they also showed up as PvE missions rewards, but on a 2-day timer or something?

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
I'm convinced the Lurking Death bonus mission condition is one of the most hilariously dickish things i've seen out of a MMO developer in recent years.

Sure, let's make it an objective to kill a bunch of hidden monsters that do large AOE's and only appear when someone is near death. So what you get is a bunch of spergs refusing to continue the mission until they find all of them or some guy gets jumped by a bunch of giant glowing green stones in the middle of a fight that proceed to almost literally pound him and possibly the group in the rear end.

Not that i'm complaining. Playing a mix of hide and seek and the in game equivalent of chicken with a NPC is surprisingly entertaining if you aren't taking the game seriously.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Jul 11, 2015

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

All the Paladins having trouble, are you not playing in a group? I've been Paladining it up since the start and it's been really fun and smooth going, I'm up to 3000 Prestige now. Been playing with a friend who rolled a Cryomancer and just using the "find group" button for instances.
Seriously don't try to solo as as Paladin.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Xavier434 posted:

So is the pressure to put in a lot of hours into this game going to decrease once you guys get established more because quite frankly I am interested in playing and I would like to join the guild but my life just does not provide a lot of disposable time to poopsock an MMO anymore. You will see me offline a lot and I definitely will not hit P#### very quickly for that reason. I am perfectly fine with waiting a few weeks or whatever before applying if that helps make sure that the guild's capacity can expand faster.

This system is stupid. Also, I'm gay.

I tried inviting gay but it says you need a last name too.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*

Bashez posted:

Is pvp not really running? That would be unfortunate, I liked how most of the pvp looked.

it's the 3v3 one, I've been in queue for a few hours before I stopped.

WarLocke posted:

I thought they also showed up as PvE missions rewards, but on a 2-day timer or something?

I got a ring from a PVE one but the tablet is currently on pvp for me and I have no idea when it'll switch or if I have to grab that pvp one before it can go onto another mission type lol.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Drinkfist posted:

I tried inviting gay but it says you need a last name too.

Heh I'm too lame to buy into early access. I will see you guys next week.

Zaekkor
May 12, 2010

Oh, let's break it down!

Bombogenesis posted:

Trying to do Lanber Catacombs and I feel like I've hit a wall with paladin, it's just taking forever and sometimes the endboss just says "gently caress you" and summons a bunch of bugs to eat my face. Might be time to switch to another class, being survivable as hell is fun but poo poo taking forever to die is not.

I just got stuck on this end boss for 6+ tries with multiple pubbies. People are just really bad at killing eggs and dodge falling rocks. :(

On a lighter note..this game..I really like how it looks.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

All the more reason to run stuff with goons: stupidity you can trust.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Xavier434 posted:

Heh I'm too lame to buy into early access. I will see you guys next week.
did you try to redeem one of the free keys posted last night?

kloa posted:

but you're a doctor :eyepop:
It's just my name, sadly. Parents hoped I'd grow into it

Also, is there a map of the Ascension Atlas anywhere? Say I want to gravitate over to Warlocksorcerer, Alchemist or Necro; which of the three starting classes should I pick?

Soup du Journey fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jul 11, 2015

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

All the starting classes start on the same spot.

Demicol fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jul 11, 2015

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I really, really wish all classes were the same distance from the center. It looks like the ones further away also cost more to unlock but are not necessarily more powerful.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Demicol posted:

All the starting classes start on the same spot.

And even if you have another class unlocked via founders packs you start there. There is no way to get around starting in that spot on the atlas, and playing a gunner, berserker, knight, or alch will not change that. You don't get to start somewhere else by owning another class.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

lewtt posted:

That's my experience, but mostly because of the 140% damage reflect/50% damage mitigation channeled ability that additionally restores all your mana, accompanied by the "Restores 70% of all damage taken" buff that lasts just as long. Most of my strategies revolve around intentionally sitting in the fire/laser/acid/boss mechanic.

this is not a very balanced game isn't it

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

RottenK posted:

not even remotely

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
okay so whats crazy overpowered aside from berserker?

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Doctor Schnabel posted:

okay so whats crazy overpowered aside from berserker?

Gunner is pretty OP, though they have some attacks with huge range and radius that will probably pull everything in the area if you're not careful.

Boss Bee
Oct 25, 2005
Any spots available? In game: Felin Driesen

Arcade
Sep 10, 2007

Dosvidanya posted:

it's the 3v3 one, I've been in queue for a few hours before I stopped.

Figured the queue was so long for the ffa queue due to how lame it was, but was holding out hope that the team pvp would be quicker. Oh well.

In as Scroopy Noopers.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Anoia posted:

Gunner is pretty OP, though they have some attacks with huge range and radius that will probably pull everything in the area if you're not careful.
:hellyeah: i love the ranged deeps

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Arcade posted:

Figured the queue was so long for the ffa queue due to how lame it was, but was holding out hope that the team pvp would be quicker. Oh well.

I'm not sure that queue times right now should be taken as 'normal'. The only people playing are those who shelled out money (or get free codes), presumably/hopefully there'll be a big rush on the 16th and then you'll have a lot more opportunity to be paired with people.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

RottenK posted:

This game is similar to PoE in that regard; the point is to find the most broken build you can. Fortunately there are plenty for each class. There are some crazy interactions between abilities, symbols, talents and weapon secondary effects.

Elwood P Dowd
Jan 4, 2003

Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.
Okay, this is nagging me: is the God pack worth the extra $50? all of the currency types have me more muddled than trying to convert the XBox points to money in the old days. Are the other two classes worth it? I know the answer is subjective, just wanted opinions.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Tried Berserker and it's fine. I personally like Gunner way more. No clue if the funbux conversion is worth it BUT I'm also an idiot who spent $200 on Warframe.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Doctor Schnabel posted:

did you try to redeem one of the free keys posted last night?

No. I didn't think codes worked anymore? Are any left?

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

All right I am putting my foot down.

Motherfuckers under Prestiege 2050 are going to be purged from the guild. I am unable to tell if you motherfuckers just stright up quit or whatever but you cannot contribute to the guild construction until P2050 so that's when you all can apply to get in. Don't even loving look at me if you are below 1000.

I want everyone in the guild loving yesterday but shitlords like thease guys that up and dissappear and never dispatch to construction are on my poo poo list.

Send me a PM later tonight for an invite if you are P2050+. If you are not then either get there or wait for when we have enough of a player cap to fit everyone.

Torrance Ecnarrot
Peter Quill
Caitlin Dusk
Gay Agenda
Tank Girl
Zetilicious Rhea
Rin Nakai
Alexander Delarge
Bazaa Bazaar
Chicken Wyngz
Krysta Kayne
Soggy Gravy

You got a few hours to contact me about how you are gonna suck the guilds dick and get to 2050+ and start building poo poo.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Go ahead and kick me out of the guild

I am all of those people.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Xavier434 posted:

If you go a page or two back there were some sites giving away $20 pack codes for free.

Some of them might not have been used yet, maybe?

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Xavier434 posted:

you're right, they're all dead. there was some other giveaway that i found on reddit, but all those dried up too. guess the word's out.

just wait till the 16th and you're p. much guaranteed to get that open beta invite; everyone playing right now will get two invites to hand out

Baltoire Exuberant
Mar 29, 2010
This looks really awesome and I will definitely be hopping in. Though apparently that will be on the 16th as I cannot find a key anywhere and I'm not quite sold enough to drop $20.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Doctor Schnabel posted:

just wait till the 16th and you're p. much guaranteed to get that open beta invite; everyone playing right now will get two invites to hand out

I was under the impression the 16th was a total open beta. Like, just install and go, no invite needed. Basically a 'soft launch'.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
oh there's also that stupid raffle being held on monday i guess? gotta link up facebook, but you can unsubscribe once that's done

edit: here's a link to that.

WarLocke posted:

I was under the impression the 16th was a total open beta. Like, just install and go, no invite needed. Basically a 'soft launch'.
could be. i don't know poo poo about poo poo. all the founders packs say something about giving you two free beta keys, and i just assumed it was for the thing on the 16th

Soup du Journey fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jul 12, 2015

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

WarLocke posted:

Yes, you are correct.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

I'm weird and don't have a Facebook account. It's cool. I will wait till the 16th unless other codes appear. I appreciate you mentioning it though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Can I have a code for this game? I liked Phantasy Star and Warframe so this might be cool.

• Locked thread