Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

can they do server rollbacks yet? because you know there will be some hilarious poo poo that will break for people dumb enough to buy items on the cash shop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Send me money instead of playing this

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Byolante posted:

There are some bugs I reported in the fnf alpha that seem to still exist now. Their QA department is far smaller now than it was then too.

Yeah, the issue isn't the general logic behind hosting a beta for F2P transition. The issue is our confidence in Carbine to use that time, feedback, and data wisely to make their game more enjoyable. We have very little and there isn't much reason for us to have any. They could still use it well and do great things with it despite the past and I hope they do but I cannot blame anyone for scoffing at that idea.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

Black Baby Goku posted:

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

That but also play Metroid instead

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Quick reminder that a bug would break the attunement quest at max character level and the response was "Welp, dunno how we can fix that. Shits broke or something roll a new character."

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

SumYungGui posted:

Quick reminder that a bug would break the attunement quest at max character level and the response was "Welp, dunno how we can fix that. Shits broke or something roll a new character."

wait what are you serious :stonk:

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS

frajaq posted:

wait what are you serious :stonk:
Yes.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
"If this is a bug affecting GM's [guild masters] it needs to be fixed promptly, that is an unacceptable response. I completely agree."

Whoa I didn't give a poo poo when it was just the plebs it affected but GUILD MASTERS WHOA HOLD THE gently caress UP

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

I think that's when they realized it was only GMs who were getting that bug. Plebs get a free ride.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Black Baby Goku posted:

Eye of Widesauron posted:

biznatchio
Mar 31, 2001

Buglord

What's almost as hilarious, if you read that thread, is that Carbine suggested reinstalling your client because they believed a client side file was responsible for breaking your character on the server beyond repair. It wasn't just the standard first tier support suggestion of the "unplug it and plug it back in" variety -- it was a suggestion that came from their top developers.

Their systems are basically a matryoshka doll of poo poo. Just when you think it can't get any more horrible, you get a deeper look inside and are treated to yet another disaster.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

biznatchio posted:

What's almost as hilarious, if you read that thread, is that Carbine suggested reinstalling your client because they believed a client side file was responsible for breaking your character on the server beyond repair. It wasn't just the standard first tier support suggestion of the "unplug it and plug it back in" variety -- it was a suggestion that came from their top developers.

Their systems are basically a matryoshka doll of poo poo. Just when you think it can't get any more horrible, you get a deeper look inside and are treated to yet another disaster.

The big problem isn't really even "hey it's a file on your end, here's some things you can do to rule out stuff and we can work with you to figure out what it is and then patch it out" because even that isn't what they did, they just did a "yeah it's an issue but we can't fix it, even though we actually made this game, so uh yeah, here's an xp booster."

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

Eye of Widesauron posted:

Are we talking NES Metroid or just any entry in the series?

Also, what are your thoughts on Metroid 2?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

i am tim! posted:

Other M, obviously

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

i am tim! posted:

I think that Metroid 2 was incredible when it came out and is something worth playing if you're a huge fan of the series; watching the metroid evolve as yoy go deeper and deeper into the planet was neat. I think it would be cool if it got the Zero Mission treatment to update some of the old mechanics and stuff though. It's definitely a product of its time.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Outside of Other M I can't think of a single Metroid game that wasn't great at-minimum and usually fantastic and it's like one of Nintendo's most beloved franchises in the west so why the gently caress does it get treated like so much trash.

ALSO 1) is there a way to lock the aiming cursor to the middle of the screen in Dolphin? It's a little annoying to have the drag the mouse all over the place just to mouselook and 2) is there a way to 'adjust' the screen downward so there isn't a black bar at the bottom but not the top?

This is seriously a revelation, I loved Prime 1 but sold my Gamecube before 2 came out, and never had a Wii.

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Pierson posted:

Outside of Other M I can't think of a single Metroid game that wasn't great at-minimum and usually fantastic and it's like one of Nintendo's most beloved franchises in the west so why the gently caress does it get treated like so much trash.

Metroid games sell about 9 copies on average in Japan.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

Mattavist posted:

Metroid games sell about 9 copies on average in Japan.

Japan is stupid.

Tamayachi
Sep 25, 2007

Did you think about it?

Yes. Yes you did.
Just tried to log into my Wildstar account that's been defunct since like 2 days after release, only to find out it's been banned. :rip:

EDIT: Apparently my account was suspended almost exactly one year ago because "a violation of the WildStar User Agreement and Rules of Conduct has occurred on your account. Due to this violation the following action was placed on the account: Suspension" :psyduck:

I guess not playing their poo poo game is a violation of their User Agreement :v:

Tamayachi fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Jul 12, 2015

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

More likely the Russians have had your password information for years and your character was used for botting.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

Mattavist posted:

More likely the Russians have had your password information for years and your character was used for botting.

This.

You should probably update your passwords.

Zak2k12
Dec 23, 2008

"I looked back once to the empty place where my dream had come true. Such is the stuff."
You could say the Russians did you a favour.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Maybe they did the attunement procedure while you were away!

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I recovered my account after not playing for a year on WoW once, and I logged back in on my main, max level for the new xpac, all heroic gear, and like 1000 or so more gold on my account

poo poo owned, probably sniped that dude right before he melted down everything

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Super Metroid just really nails the feel of 2D Metroids and is really fun to play.

I like Fusion too, but it's more linear and there's something about it that made it a bit less fun than Super but I can't quite remember what.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Rorus Raz posted:

Super Metroid just really nails the feel of 2D Metroids and is really fun to play.

I like Fusion too, but it's more linear and there's something about it that made it a bit less fun than Super but I can't quite remember what.

The narration I bet.

d3lness
Feb 19, 2011

Unicorns are metal. Gundanium alloy to be exact...

No wonder Wildstar has so many problems. Carbine can barely master talking, much less coding. https://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/3dkzdm/my_guild_is_on_the_verge_of_breaking_up_need_help/

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

d3lness posted:

No wonder Wildstar has so many problems. Carbine can barely master talking, much less coding. https://www.reddit.com/r/WildStar/comments/3dkzdm/my_guild_is_on_the_verge_of_breaking_up_need_help/

Goddamn Timetravel... sounds kinda weird out of context.

SerCypher
May 10, 2006

Gay baby jail...? What the hell?

I really don't like the sound of that...
Fun Shoe
Wildstar isn't even interesting enough to make fun of lately.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Oh yeah, Wildstar still exists. Whatever happened to the Wildstar thread?

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

SerCypher posted:

Wildstar isn't even interesting enough to make fun of lately.

My apologies if there is new information available or I should post this elsewhere, but I have some concerns regarding the 'Always On Sprint'

1) I am a member of a growing community of hoverboard enthusiasts - We don't raid or pvp, we just build and compete on hoverboarding tracks using the housing feature. Having to Balance the sprint bar allows us to challenge our racers beyond the ability to steer and jump.
This is one of the tracks we race on regularly: https://forums.wilds...nd-addon-combo/

2) There are a number of out-of-combat challenges in the game where seamless speed changes can allow motion to be more fluid - having to stop even for a fraction of a second to toggle sprint will break the flow of motion and make it feel awkward.

3) This will trivialise a lot of time-based challenges, making them less satisfying.

4) It is a great feeling when you can travel much faster over very short distances.

As far as I understand, the main reason for this change is due to having to constantly hold sprint while travelling out of combat.
We already have a button for long distance travel: Auto-run.
Please consider just changing auto-run to prevent sprint recharge and just travel at the average speed of an optimal sprint-recharge cycle. This allows players to travel at the exact same speed over long distances without having to constantly manage their sprint bar.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Mormon Star Wars posted:

My apologies if there is new information available or I should post this elsewhere, but I have some concerns regarding the 'Always On Sprint'

1) I am a member of a growing community of hoverboard enthusiasts - We don't raid or pvp, we just build and compete on hoverboarding tracks using the housing feature. Having to Balance the sprint bar allows us to challenge our racers beyond the ability to steer and jump.
This is one of the tracks we race on regularly: https://forums.wilds...nd-addon-combo/

2) There are a number of out-of-combat challenges in the game where seamless speed changes can allow motion to be more fluid - having to stop even for a fraction of a second to toggle sprint will break the flow of motion and make it feel awkward.

3) This will trivialise a lot of time-based challenges, making them less satisfying.

4) It is a great feeling when you can travel much faster over very short distances.

As far as I understand, the main reason for this change is due to having to constantly hold sprint while travelling out of combat.
Please consider just changing auto-run to prevent sprint recharge and just travel at the average speed of an optimal sprint-recharge cycle. This allows players to travel at the exact same speed over long distances without having to constantly manage their sprint bar.

Sorry mate we don't know how to fix that. Here's an Xp booster.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

Mormon Star Wars posted:

Is this real life?

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Is it just fantasy?

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Caught in WildStar, no escape from banality.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

Anyway, the game blows. Doesn't really matter to me.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

lol woah are those the lyrics so a song or something but the words are different????

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Babe Magnet posted:

lol woah are those the lyrics so a song or something but the words are different????

Babe Magnet, no!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

I have been shamed by an anime poo :(

• Locked thread